Florida PLEBANs unite!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miss becky

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I am a member of DATA, and I recently received this e-mail:

ACTION ALERT

Help fight global AIDS by telling your Senators to support the Santorum-Durbin amendment on global AIDS. Your Senator's support is critical to passage of this bipartisan amendment which will bring total U.S. spending on global AIDS to a record $3.7 billion in 2006.

Specifically, the Santorum-Durbin amendment calls for an additional $500 million for the Global Fund, a key component of the U.S. strategy to fight these three killer diseases around the world.

CALL YOUR SENATOR right now and tell them to fight AIDS by supporting the Santorum-Durbin amendment today!

Call (202)224-3121 today.

Points to make:

* Globally, the Global Fund with help from the U.S. and others is providing lifesaving HIV treatment for 700,000 people living with AIDS today, a major increase over July 2004 when 440,000 were receiving treatment. Though a terrific start, more than 5 million are still in desperate need of these medications.
* The Global Fund needs a minimum of $2.4 billion to keep effective programs running and prevent the possibility of life-saving medicine being taken out of the hands of people with AIDS.
* The U.S. can help by committing the $800 million called for in the Santorum-Durbin amendment to challenge other nations to do their share.

Read the Press Release: Santorum, Durbin Share Commitment to International HIV/AIDS Assistance Programs.

Thank you for your support at this critical time.

Here in Florida, please contact Senator Mel Martinez. He has a web form you can fill out.

http://martinez.senate.gov/index.cfm?FuseAction=Contact.Home

And Senator Bill Nelson:

http://billnelson.senate.gov/contact/index.cfm#email

For those outside of Florida, here is a link to a list of all the US Senators.

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

If everyone speaks up, sooner or later, we will be heard.

hippy said:
I got that the other day also... my letters have been sent!

(Btw, are you guys going to the FL shows? Maybe we could all meet up for them! :) )

Tampa definitely :yes:

Miami, I'm still not sure about. I'm not sure how work will be next fall or if they'll look kindly on me taking more time off (I want to go to the beach with my family in July, I'm not sure if 1 week in March, a week in July, and then almost a week in November would be frowned upon :reject: I have the time, it just might not "look good" if that makes sense - sorry to ramble).

I'm aiming for Atlanta, but if that falls through, then I'm going to try for Miami. :)

Hello fellow Floridians. Its nice to have some fans nearby.
I am flying out to San Diego next week then probably Atl, Tampa and Miami. I did 11 shows last tour but I can't get out of work. I work at Disney in Production and we have some big shows going on so I can't take off as much as I'd like.
-Dave
stiktek1@earthlink.net

Iskra said:
I did 11 shows last tour

11 shows! :drool:

I just started a new job, and by November I'll have earned my week off! So guess when I'm taking it :)

We'll all have to try and meet up at the shows. Are you all doing GA? I definitely am for Tampa, but I have to wait till tomorrow for Miami... so we'll see. In any case, I'll be there!

hey i'm in boca...anyone else in the south florida area? i'll be going to miami, tampa, and i got one NY so far. hopefully more to come.

U2alli said:
hey i'm in boca...anyone else in the south florida area? i'll be going to miami, tampa, and i got one NY so far. hopefully more to come.

Fort Myers here. :)

HowthGirl said:
Hi! I'm in Orlando :)

My husband, Kevin, and I are going to the Miami and Tampa shows :):):)

My e-mail ramonaq93@yahoo.com

Less than 8 months to go! (AURGH!!!!)

Love,

Jenny (HowthGirl)

Will you be GA? I'm GA for Tampa and reserved for Miami 1... hoping for GA Miami 2 next week!

It would be cool for all of us to get together :D

hippy said:

Will you be GA? I'm GA for Tampa and reserved for Miami 1... hoping for GA Miami 2 next week!

It would be cool for all of us to get together :D

MIAMI 2 ?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

Do you have any more details?????????????

Ahem...let me recover for a sec...ok

Kevin and I are in section 111, Row 13, seats 1 and 2 for Miami on the 13th, and in section 129, Row 12, seats 14 & 15 for Tampa

SECOND MIAMI SHOW???!!!?????

yes, it's onsale next Saturday (but you probably know that already by now :lol: )

I'm in section115, row 19.

If anyone knows of an extra ticket for this show, I know Esther (SpanishEyes21 aka "great supplier of Edge pics" :) ) got shut out today :( and is looking for tickets :hug:

HowthGirl said:

MIAMI 2 ?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

Do you have any more details?????????????

Ahem...let me recover for a sec...ok

Kevin and I are in section 111, Row 13, seats 1 and 2 for Miami on the 13th, and in section 129, Row 12, seats 14 & 15 for Tampa

SECOND MIAMI SHOW???!!!?????

:hyper:

I'm section 112, 28, 16 for Miami!

We'll all be right around the same area! We should definitely plan on getting together before/after/WHATEVER!

I'm so excited about meeting other Interferencers on this tour :D

kellyahern said:
yes, it's onsale next Saturday (but you probably know that already by now :lol: )

I'm in section115, row 19.

If anyone knows of an extra ticket for this show, I know Esther (SpanishEyes21 aka "great supplier of Edge pics" :) ) got shut out today :( and is looking for tickets :hug:

You're in 115, row 19 for the Mimai gig on the 13th? Cool!

Sorry to hear Spanish Eyes21 got locked out :(

I'm going to Miami 1, and Tampa, all GAs, i'm going whith Supernova, Do you remember her?
I hope to get Miami 2 tix too!!!!!!:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

hippy said:

:hyper:

I'm section 112, 28, 16 for Miami!

We'll all be right around the same area! We should definitely plan on getting together before/after/WHATEVER!

I'm so excited about meeting other Interferencers on this tour :D

Cool, Hippy!!!!!! Awesome!!!!

E-mail me and we can chat about the concert and all :)

ramonaq93@yahoo.com

Love and Peace,

Jenny
(HowthGirl)

Hey!! I will be so happy to meet some U2 fans from Florida.. I joined the U2 group and I am going to the 1st Miami show ..I'm in section 111 or 110 I'm not too sure..Can't wait!!!

Back
Top Bottom