Finally completed it!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
These aren't particularly spectacular.

Both pictures look like overpaints of the images they are.

The latter, of Bono, just looks like you ran it through some Photoshop filters a few times. Like, say, 'posterize'.

gluey said:
:bow: Wayne, these are brilliant!! I think you might need to be promoted from Bus Driver to Official BRI Artist!!! :yes:

:hug:

oooh nice one!!!

youvedonewhat said:
:up: These are really good. :yes: Have you done any other topic apart from U2? If so; I'd be interested to see it. (as I expect everyone else would :) )

Nope, just U2 at the moment.

Coldsnap said:
These aren't particularly spectacular.

Both pictures look like overpaints of the images they are.

The latter, of Bono, just looks like you ran it through some Photoshop filters a few times. Like, say, 'posterize'.

:slant:

I did not use any photoshop filters. Ever heard of vectoring??

Interesting first post, btw. Welcome to Interland, enjoy your time here.

waynetravis said:
^ thank you :sexywink:

here is another:

bonovector2.jpg

great work ....love this one ! :)

Yes, I've heard of vectoring, I'm a professional artist.

Don't worry, everyone starts somewhere, you just need more practise. Probably on paper.

I'm just suspicious of the rave reviews you've recieved at your present skill level. Encouragement's all fine and well, but dishonesty really doesn't help anyone. :eyebrow:

Basically, I'm on the same viewpoint as Coldsnap here - as an artist, the best thing you need is constructive criticism, and you're not really getting it here. If you get the same compliments all the time, you're unfortunately not going to improve.

For example, on that second picture of yours, you've got a mixture of solid, almost cel shading on his clothing, and a sort of blurry airbrush shading on his face and hat - they don't fit on the same picture where so little is going on.

Most of all though, I don't think these pictures are the best way to judge you as an illustrator, in fact I'd really like to see some sketches on paper from more of the artists here. :)

Hi Wayne, I like your work, especially the last picture of Bono, but I cannot say anything specifically technical, because I am only familiar with good old drawing and painting on paper and canvas.

But keep on working on your skills, I hope we'll see more of that in the future!

Back
Top Bottom