Favorite U2 80's Album!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cute Irish Bono

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Please put down your favorite U2 80's album. Please say why you like it and five songs you like on that album.

My favorite one is:WAR!!

Why: I really like Larry's military-style drumming, there's two great radio hits on this album, it begins with war but ends with peace...:wink:

Five songs I really like on the album:

1. "New Year's Day

2. "Seconds"

3. "40"

4. "Like A Song"

5. "Sunday Bloody Sunday"

What's yours? :wink:

Last edited:
Best of the 80's (if that counts!:reject: :lol:) And Joshua Tree!!

:banghead: Forgot Rattle and Hum!!!

JT
I still haven't found ehat I am looking For

With or Without You

RH

Van Diemenn's Land

Desire

When Love comes to Town

Last edited:
I like War cause its just the best, it's my fave anyway lol.
1. Seconds
2. New Year's Day
3. The Refugee
4. Like a song
5. 40

Under A Blood red sky. I think it best captures what a U2 performance is really like.

1 Gloria!! (my favorite U2 song right now...)
2 The Electric Co.
3 11 OCloock Tick Tock
4 Sunday Bloody Sunday
5 I Will Follow...i like this live version better than the normal studio version.

The unforgettable fire

1.A sort of homecoming
2.Bad
3.Indian summer sky
4.TUF
5.Pride

Why I like it:It's all about how it makes me feel when I listen to it. ;)

"Unforgettable Fire" - it will emerge in U2 history as probably one of the MOST PIVOTAL (if not the most pivotal) album/Cd of U2's career.:yes:

Unforgettable Fire was a transition piece - taking U2 from early adulthood to manhood in their approach to music and to their approach to dealign with the complexities of life.:up:

I LOVE Joshua Tree and the other U2 CD's from the 1980's - but this one resonates in my Heart and Soul because it was from U2's(especially Bono's) Heart and Soul that "The Unforgettable Fire" emanates. :hug:

I could go into this thought more, but I will wait until we get a little closer to October 2004 - the 20th anniversary of the release of the "Unforgettable Fire".

Favorite Songs:
1) BAD - this will ALWAYS remain my most FAVORITE of U2's songs and one of Bono's most personal and intensely written pieces
2) PRIDE (In the Name of Love)
3) A Sort of Homecoming
4) MLK
5) Wire

Thanks, Cute Irish Bono, for giving us a chance to share our favorite!

:bono: :heart: :heart: :angel: :wave:

Oh yea - AND "The Unforgettable Fire" song! :love:

PEACE AND LOVE....WITH JUSTICE.:bono: :heart: :angel: :hug:

As always, picking a favorite of anything U2 is tough. But I think I would have to say (right now, atleast) is "Unforgettable Fire". I love the atmosphere that album creates. I love the live room recording styl on some of the songs, and Bono's voice is just so smooth on this one.

Favorite Songs-
1) "A Sort of Homecoming" (my long standing favorite U2 song)
2) MLK
3) Bad
4) Indian Summer Sky
5) Pride ( I attracted a lot of attention to myself singing this one in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame while trying to explain why MLK was on the cover of the single!)

Though question :scratch:...

Right now my favorite album is 'The Unforgettable Fire' :love:. Such wonderful songs; listening to it is like watching a movie....all kinds of images turn up in my mind....

favorite songs:

-> Bad (love Larry's drumming :drool: :drool:)
-> Promenade (even went to Bono's Martello tower in Bray, he wrote that song about the promenade :cute: there)
-> A Sort Of Homecoming
-> Indian Summer Sky
-> Pride (In The Name Of Love)

The Unforgettable Fire

1. Pride
2. A Sort of Homecoming
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Promenade
5. Elvis Presley and America

Oh, Joshua Tree, easily. It's just superb!

And I love:

1. Red Hill Mining Town - I LOVE this song

2. With or Without You

3. Running to Stand Still

4. In God's Country

5. I Still Haven't Found what I'm Looking For

And I can't stop at 5, because what about TTYW, BTBS, Streets, One Tree Hill ... I love them all. But just because JT has Red Hill Mining Town is enough for it to be my favourite album :)

Back
Top Bottom