Fate scares me.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*BOOMCHAA!*

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
MAN, I'm freaked out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FATE SCARES ME!!!!!!!

Thank God for letting things work out.
I could have just been in a situation where my worst fear ever would have happened..........but due to some intervention, IT DIDN'T.
I don't really want to go into details, (they aren't necessary),
but gosh, if just freaks me out to see the way fate works.
"Seeing what would have happened if you had gone to a certain place..........."
or
"what would have happened if you ran into that certain person".
Thank God for good decisions.
He really does move in mysterious ways.
:huh:

Last edited:
I know what you mean. I think three years ago[when I still lived in a really bad part of New Jersey]I didnt go to school because I was sick and some kid who had been botherin' me for awhile came into a classroom looking for me and tried to track down where I live...

Lets just say it was creepy.

:uhoh:

I know exactly what you guys both mean!

Last yr, I ran into the girl that bullied me from 6th to 8th grade and it for some damn reason scared me still. I mean I wasnt scared of her so much of what she did to me. I tried to act like it wasnt me tho but I couldnt. I dont know maybe I'll never fully be not scared of her.
:(

Fate is weird

Mike thinks the fact that we are together was somehow destined....bc I NEVER talk to strangers. It was so out of character of me to start everything..

also this has always meant a great deal to me....in terms of fate and stuff

MEL GIBSON: NOBODY IS WATCHING OVER US

ok sorry I just saw "signs" last night.

Last December...

OK THIS IS A WEIRD TANGENT ON FATE BUT IT'S STILL ABOUT FATE

Last Dec or mayhaps the December before that.. my oldest neice had a febrile seizure while I was holding her. She had been pretty sick with a fever and a cold and then it just HAPPENED. She starts shaking and turns blue. It was the friggin scariest moment of my life and I just held her while my brother called 911 and helped my mom undress Anja and cover her in cold wet towels.

She was fine. Like it happens to a lot of toddlers. It didn't do any damage or anything, but we had an ambulance come anyway. Despite that, it's always given me vibes knowing that.... I remember a huge snowstorm and ice deal were predicted in the forecast for that day. And nothing happened. And all I could think about was "what if the ambulance couldn't have come? What if we couldn't have gotten our phone call through?" (DC Metro area phone lines screw up so easily) You know? o_O Like even though she was fine...what if we hadn't been TOLD that everything would be fine?

I can't explain it.

I was nauseous that entire day though.

That's not the most extreme example, but that's my neice and she's still here. And that means something.

I don't care if you don't believe in God, you have to believe in something.

MEL GIBSON: NOT ME

shut up.

*throws her 5cents in due to inflation from 2cents*

*walks in...clears her throat and adds her lil comment on the subject of fate*

I think fate can be extreemly scary and sometimes beyond evil when it comes to strange and unexplained bad things happening but it can also be a good thing. I mean if it wasn't for God looking down and sending me some amazingly good fate I might have never met my future hubby who's my boyfriend right now. Also .... if it weren't for another server that had chat rooms close down I wouldn't have found out about here or joined the special ppl of PLEBA.
I have a strong belief in fate that it can be good and bad.... depending on the situation and such. So here's hoping there's more good fate than bad for each one of us.
:hug: *to all the great ppl of PLEBA*

:cool: <-- eek! LOL That's the same smiley that I use on AOL IM for my boyfriend! :laugh:

ok i'm done. :wave: bye.

I'm a big believer in fate... and think all things happen for a reason. Have had some major events happen in my life to prove it. My life could've been drastically different if certain events were different...kinda like that movie Sliding Doors.

Anyway, I've also had some strange *things* happen, and I've wondered if they've been just coinsidences or not, one of which is U2-related so I'll share.

I lost my grandfather in April. It was a long illness, so we had time to *prepare* ourselves, in a way, for his death. The song Kite really helped me get through a lot of it during those long months leading up to his death. I told my sis about Kite and she started listening to it as well, along with If God Will Send His Angels (she's not a huge U2 fan, mind you).

Here's the freaky thing... It was on Easter Sunday when my grandfather took a turn for the worst. He collapsed inside my aunt's house. I'm so glad I wasn't inside the house to witness the collapse... I was outside with my sis and my three younger cousins. Wanna take a guess at what we were doing??

Flying a kite. :|

My grandfather died 10 days later.

And I'll just note that I'm not a kite flyer... hadn't flown a kite since I was a child. So I have no idea what possessed us to fly one that day... I didn't even realize the connection right away. My sis pointed it out a few days later. I got chills when she mentioned we had been listening to that song like crazy for months AND just happened to be flying a kite when he collapsed. I still think it's weird and am not sure whether I should just take it as coinsidence or not. :shrug:

funny little story

I was going to wear sandals to a baseball game which I was taking a bus to, but I had this *bad ass* (hard to remove) chipped green polish and not enough polish remover to fix my nails. So I wore my normal shoes, which are really tough. I then got my foot caught in the opening bus door (don't ask...) my foot was squished but it would have been broken in half it I was wearing sandals.

So I got there whole to see my team lose and then get... I think the proper word is molested (don't ask...)... on the way home. So maybe my luck needed to be counter acted?

When college began, I changed my housing assignment (I didn't want to be in the quad they assigned me, I preferred a double) and was moved to a different building. Some not so great things have happened in the building I was originally going to be in. A girl that would have been my roommate got in trouble for underage consumption (if it was in her room, I probably would have gotten in trouble too), then the air conditioner caught fire (no serious damage, I don't think, but still...), and a girl that lives there misplaced her keys and a guy supposedly got a hold of them, he can get inside the building and rumoredly has gone into people's rooms if they didn't lock their doors at night and watch them sleep... :ohmy: They might need to change the locks now.

I don't know if that counts, but some things happen for a reason, I guess.

froggie said:
When college began, I changed my housing assignment (I didn't want to be in the quad they assigned me, I preferred a double) and was moved to a different building. Some not so great things have happened in the building I was originally going to be in. A girl that would have been my roommate got in trouble for underage consumption (if it was in her room, I probably would have gotten in trouble too), then the air conditioner caught fire (no serious damage, I don't think, but still...), and a girl that lives there misplaced her keys and a guy supposedly got a hold of them, he can get inside the building and rumoredly has gone into people's rooms if they didn't lock their doors at night and watch them sleep... :ohmy: They might need to change the locks now.

I don't know if that counts, but some things happen for a reason, I guess.

Dude... that is really creepy.

Back
Top Bottom