Fancy a job at the Clarence???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Once I applied for a position at The Clarence and they sent me packing! :lmao:

Well, it was worth trying! Even if i didn`t have any experience as a receptionist....

I tried to apply there too but I didn't have a work permit and they wouldn't deal with me :( (or any other place for that matter not even Centra lmao) :huh:

I wish you could all work there. :sigh: Then you could get the rest of us in! :hyper:

I knew of an Interferencer who worked there at the Octagon Bar...I don't remember her name tho. :shrug: I don't think she's there anymore tho cos she was going to work there for like 6 months only

I've worked bars for about 8 years in total, but working in the octagon would scare the shit out of me. The amount of posh cocktails they have to learn how to make!! And on a weekend evening they have so many of them crammed in the tiny little bar area, and they've got no room to move...

Mind you....I'd still take a job there if they offered it me :drool:

Especially if it meant I'd get free long island iced teas...:drool::drool:

Nah it wasn't suzie (although we went there alot together lol). It was somebody from either Canada or the US.

Mmmmmmm their Long island iced teas are :drool:

Not to mention all the free crisps i'd be eating LOL...everytime we went there they filled the bowls up at least 4 or 5 times lol (we had to take advantage of free food) Sometimes they had hors d'ouevres

I know a girl who works in the Clarence.

The night I stayed there ( the same night Emilie and I met Daniel Lanois) she told me Bono was there and I almost had a heart attack when I saw him walking out the elevator.

Remember Emilie? :lol:

Mullen-Girl said:
Yeah especially the barbque ones :drool:

We found out they're the Walkers but the posh kind. I forgot what they're called. But yeah :drool:

Walkers Sensations?

They're really yummy, but it wasn't those ones when I was there...:scratch:....they were different flavours to those

there isn't a walkers sensations barbeque flavour.....

http://walkers.corpex.com/cr15p5/products.asp?snacktypeid=39

Mullen-Girl said:
Are you still in Ireland Flavie?

Nope, Im back in Argentina and working like a slave! :| :lol:

But hey! It is good money and Im learning laods of interesting things. Im working for the Latin American Society of Interventional Cardiology. Im pretty excited because we are having a congress in August and there are going to be doctors from all over the world, so Im going to be able to polish my english, italian and portuguese! :hyper:

Not to mention the free dinners and drinks...:wink:

But to be honest with you, Im starting to miss dublin...So it wouldnt surprise me if I go back by the end of the year! :D

Yeah I wish I could go back. I miss that place so much!! But my fiance wouldn't want to go back and live there. But hopefully I'll be there to visit sometime soon. Probably when U2 goes out on tour and they play Dublin i'll be there. :up:

Niamh_Saoirse said:
I know a girl who works in the Clarence.

The night I stayed there ( the same night Emilie and I met Daniel Lanois) she told me Bono was there and I almost had a heart attack when I saw him walking out the elevator.

Remember Emilie? :lol:

:yes: sure i remember!!!!! :lmao:

i talked with lots of waiters and waitresses there when i kept coming back to talk with daniel lanois the nights after :coocoo:

i have experience!!!!!! arg but i dont really live in the general area-like the country.
its a bit frustrating for me because my guy would move there with me but hes going to college and i dont have any money. i decided i would just have to be a roadie or a writer about the tour for U2 and then i would be set.
lol im such a dreamer.
im getting kinda depressed reading all these wonderful accounts of peoples in dublin.
i cried looking at the webcam of dublin at night cuz i wanted to see it in real life so bad
is that pathetic??

I don't want to rub it in u2bonogirl,but Dublin at night around christmas is absolutely stunning!! Once you're there you never want to go home!!
I'm quite lucky in that i live about 80 miles from Dublin,but it's still not close enough.Once i get all my exams and enough money i'm leaving N.Ireland for good and setting up camp in Dublin!!

i dont know how far oregon is from ireland but im sure its a LOT more than 80 miles..lol.
nah you didnt rub it in, but it just makes me want to see it more. ive been promised a honeymoon in dublin so we'll see. maybe there will be some plebans there that i could meet! on my honeymoon and wanting to hang with a bunch of psycho girls :eyebrow: hmm.
SOMEDAY i will see the wonderful u2land but until then i just have to sigh and stick my lip out every time i read about you girls going

Back
Top Bottom