FanArt, V2 - what you've all been waiting for...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bono13en.jpg

thanks everyone :)
ive been drawing him for 10 years now
hes so cute ... for an old guy

mart said:
thanks
small tribute to bono:)
its done with magic markers

MAGIC MARKERS??? WOW!!!..I get asked to draw for my employers contests and what not and I use Magic Markers all the time but your picture is FU:censored: KIN BRILLIANT!!!!..Got the Freckles and age lines all perfect!!!

Im curious about the how you did the slight stubble all around the mouth...great detial on the lips and hair...

HOW DID YOU GET THE SEE THROUGH EFFECT ON THE SUNGLASSES?????:scratch: How do you that with Magic Markers????

I have some special kind of markers I bought at an animation convention...Im going to see if I can create this effect you did with the MMarkers.....

i did 3 years of advertising, we had this one lecturer who insisted we do mm drawings.
the brand is called magic marker with 2 ends, flat and sharp.
the best advice i can give is that its all about layering, use the lightest colour possible and the do multiple layers to get it darker
also get a blender marker but dont blend after. wet the area before with the blender that way you get an even tone.
hope that makes sense :)

^^ Yes it does make sense..and personally I prefer Markers, Charcoal, colored pencils to paint..I havent really tried paint but I feel more comfortable with the other medias..In my fashion Illustration classes my perferred media was markers...

The markers I got at the Japanimation convention are COPIC- ciao
and NEOPIKO-1...They are from Japan and are alcohol based....
They are fine tip and slant tip..my favorite kind of markers...
oh and I LOVE Magic Markers..I love them more after seeing your picture..

Seeing your incredible drawing Im inspired to put my new markers to work!:)

and Thank you for the tip Mart Cant wait to see more of your work!:up:

Last edited:
cool, i used COPIC once - i find there a difference in the 2 brands

ive done the achtung baby cover squares in oil paint.
im still trying to get them scanned, just dont have the time.

What do you do when you're bored, and your bedroom has been taken over by your older brother, and even though you love him dearly, he's on your computer, and playing crap music on your stereo, but you're lying on your bed, and there's a giant Elevation tour poster on the wall, and you have a black marker at your disposal?
You draw Bono, of course.

LeaveItBehindrs.jpg

His mouth is impossible :censored:
I probably redid his mouth 8 times in pencil, and then when I was finally happy, I went over it with ink and screwed it up again **facepalm**

I like it though :D

DreamOutLoud13 said:
What do you do when you're bored, and your bedroom has been taken over by your older brother, and even though you love him dearly, he's on your computer, and playing crap music on your stereo, but you're lying on your bed, and there's a giant Elevation tour poster on the wall, and you have a black marker at your disposal?
You draw Bono, of course.

LeaveItBehindrs.jpg

His mouth is impossible :censored:
I probably redid his mouth 8 times in pencil, and then when I was finally happy, I went over it with ink and screwed it up again **facepalm**

I like it though :D

very :cool:

Dreamoutloud13 :love:
great one! it looks cool! and the nose is VERY accurate! yes his mouth is impossible... he has no upper lip and a very big lower lip...

Total U2 Nut said:
^^ I like the way there's only two colours - it's created a strong contrast... I like it :wink:
My original plan was to add the Elevation suitcase on there somewhere, in black and red, but I couldn't figure out where to fit it, because centering it at the top or bottom just seemed odd. However, I figured it out after scanning and posting it. Just picture the suitcase under the EA in "LEAVE" and next to it, underneath the rest of the words "(The secret is letting go.)"

mart said:

Beautiful work,and you captured the eyes and mouth perfect. You really have to love the subject to get that kind of depth. Very nice.

mart your picture is amazing, and the fact that its done with magic markers is totally messed up, AWESOME!

and the reason for the thread bump... i was housebound this weekend because i'm too broke to go out :lol: so i decided to paint something.
my digital camera is bust so i had to take a pic with my phone so its not very clear and a little blurry but you get the idea... it looks a lot better in real life though (if i do say so myself :wink: )

acrylic on canvas, its about 40cm/1.5ft square...

bonoside.jpg

digsy said:
and the reason for the thread bump... i was housebound this weekend because i'm too broke to go out :lol: so i decided to paint something.
my digital camera is bust so i had to take a pic with my phone so its not very clear and a little blurry but you get the idea... it looks a lot better in real life though (if i do say so myself :wink: )

acrylic on canvas, its about 40cm/1.5ft square...

bonoside.jpg

:ohmy: Awesome!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom