FanArt, V2 - what you've all been waiting for...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
snowflake said:

everyone is saying it's beautiful, but all i see is a red X :(

try rightmouseclick show image, otherwise try properties, you'll see the link there, copy that, paste in your browser, hit enter and voila :)

vogliobonovox said:
profilod.JPG

tiamod.jpg

bono_d2.jpg

Wow.... beautiful :ohmy:

Galeongirl said:

try rightmouseclick show image, otherwise try properties, you'll see the link there, copy that, paste in your browser, hit enter and voila :)

I see it now :)

and it really is beautiful! Vogliobonovox, are you a professional artist?

JezSnape said:
Hi everyone :wave:

I've tried this once again... here's a drawing I finished this morning:
blyerts.jpg

I've also tried to do Larry, but his nose keeps throwing me of. :huh:

ooohh nice!!! :D :D :D

WOW vogliobonovow that is beautiful! very nice shading. what medium did you use, charcoal? and what kind of paper? it has a very nice tooth to it.

Two things. Vogliobonovox, that's an amazing drawing! I'm highly impressed, seeing as how I cannot draw. :up:

Secondly, I have started my attempt at a Larry painting. It's got Bono in it too, because I've been wanting to paint the picture for a while, and (used Larry being in it as an excuse to actually do it.) Anyone care for a preview? Or should I just surprise ya'll when it's finished? (I only started it tonight, so it's really patchy and weird looking. :) )

I forgot about the entire last page! :der: Snowflake, LOVE your Adam!!! As everyone way saying: Zoo Adam is waaay too cool.

And JezSnape, great job with yours too. I loove beardy Bono!! :drool:

General, I would love to see it. unless you have a thing, like i do, about people not seeing your work until you are finished. :wink:

zooperson said:
General, I would love to see it. unless you have a thing, like i do, about people not seeing your work until you are finished. :wink:
I have that thing aswell :)
but I'd love to see GGW's one aswell, I'm curious wich pic you are painting :D

Thanks everyone who liked my drawing :hug:

GeneralGripweed, that's amazing! I recognized Larry immediately! :applaud:

GeneralGripweed said:
Like I said... it looks pretty rough and craptastic right now. But, tell me, does it look Larryish in the least?

DSCF2055.jpg

Lookin very "Larryish, indeed! :wink: can't wait to see the final product.

have you ever used a graphite transfer? if you don't want to have to erase squares and you don't want them to show through, you can use graphite stick (or pencil) and wax paper. do a basic composition outline sketch on a grid paper and then tranfer it onto a new sheet and fill in everything else.

Last edited:
this is what i was talking about

3469%3A34%3C3%7Ffp346%3Enu%3D3258%3E237%3E282%3EWSNRCG%3D32336%3A6462%3C%3A%3Anu0mrj

then i cover one side of tracing paper with graphite until it is like black. i put my grid ontop of the tracing paper and i put both of those ontop of a clean sheet. then i go over the drawing on the grid paper and the basic image is transfered unto the clean sheet.

shading from there

3469%3A34%3A4%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3258%3E237%3E282%3EWSNRCG%3D3232%3A74238485nu0mrj

same thing with charcoal. but if you are doing it on colored paper you can use a stick of chalk instead of graphite.
3469%3A34%3C3%7Ffp33%3B%3Enu%3D3258%3E237%3E282%3EWSNRCG%3D32336%3A645%3A596nu0mrj

3469%3A34%3A4%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2349%3D328%3D373%3DXROQDF%3E232398332%3A8%3B3ot1lsi

the drawing is alot neater due to no erase marks. since you are doing a painting it doesn't make a difference. if anyone wants to know anymore about it just ask. i'm no expert but this is a tecnique that sure helped me.

lol everybody I know uses that kinda help stuff... or starts with curves and stuff... but I never did that... I really can't! I always just look at a pic, and start sommewhere and draw it... dunno why :rolleyes:

Zooperson, I love the Bono one, but I think it needs a little more scruff :wink: I know the pic ^^

I only use graphing/gridding when I do paintings. I just use it to make sure everything's proportional, and I draw a vague outline of what I'm drawing. So yeah, BrightestStar, gridding is definetly a really useful method. :wink:

zooperson said:
this is what i was talking about

then i cover one side of tracing paper with graphite until it is like black. i put my grid ontop of the tracing paper and i put both of those ontop of a clean sheet. then i go over the drawing on the grid paper and the basic image is transfered unto the clean sheet.

shading from there

same thing with charcoal. but if you are doing it on colored paper you can use a stick of chalk instead of graphite.

3469%3A34%3A4%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2349%3D328%3D373%3DXROQDF%3E232398332%3A8%3B3ot1lsi

the drawing is alot neater due to no erase marks. since you are doing a painting it doesn't make a difference. if anyone wants to know anymore about it just ask. i'm no expert but this is a tecnique that sure helped me.

That's a very interesting technique! I've never heard of it before! Perhaps I shall try it sometime...

And I LOVE YOUR GERRY DRAWING!!!! :love: :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom