Fan Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daisybean

Rock n' Roll Doggie, FOB
Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eye
Everyone has seen that show Fan Club on VH1 right?

If not, it's basically a show that follows fanatics and their love for a particular group.

Anyhoo, if they made one for U2, who here would be willing to let VH1 follow them and tape a segment on them?

Again, just a silly question that popped into my head.

------------------
Daisy
Love is a temple
Love's a higher law

AIM: daisyone75

i've thought about it, but i dunno usually the ppl that have been on the show are 'stalker-like strange' and i dont think i qualify for that, YET!
biggrin.gif

slightly off topic though,
i did email them several times about doing a storytellers episode on U2, but the guy who wrote me back stated, 'its a great idea' and 'we'll look into it'.
maybe we should start a campaign!

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
lost on a silent planet
two lone, rising stars
locked in a silent planet
so close and yet so far...

[This message has been edited by sparkys girl (edited 04-08-2002).]

ME!!!!!
My sister said that she was going to borrow someone's video camera and tape my room. She said if that didn't get me on a show, then nothing would. There was that other show too, where unsuspecting fans met their rock idols in a room with hidden cameras,(I don't remember what that show was called though)
I watched fanatic on Dave Matthews Band, and I got too many ideas from watching it.

OMG can you imagine walking into a room that was rigged with secret cameras and you had no idea U2 was sitting on the other side of the door. I am sorry but i do not want to see what my reaction would be. i would look like such an idiot. I could just see me standing there in shock staring at them and than start laughing hysterically and start yelling "WTF, you have got to be kidding me!" than i would go into a complete fit. start crying and shaking like a beauty queen or something...and than I would faint and miss the whole thing...lmao. no way!!

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress_75 (edited 04-08-2002).]

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
I could just see me standing there in shock staring at them and than start laughing hysterically and start yelling "WTF, you have got to be kidding me!" than i would go into a complete fit. start crying and shaking like a beauty queen or something...and than I would faint and miss the whole thing...lmao. no way!!

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress_75 (edited 04-08-2002).]

LOL Iris, but there is an upside: U2 CPR
wink.gif

I'd pretend to pass out just so one of them could give me CPR.

Daisy:OOOOOOOO it's U2
*pretends to faint*
Bono: I'll save her!!!!!!!!
*starts CPR*
Daisy: *really passes out*

------------------
Daisy
Love is a temple
Love's a higher law

AIM: daisyone75

Of course I would. I've been thinking about Fan Club, Storytellers, and that show where it was rigged a lot -- they REALLY need to do U2 episodes, especially Fan Club: we all know they would have tons of material just from sitting around in GA lines all day!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Originally posted by daisybean:
LOL Iris, but there is an upside: U2 CPR
wink.gif

I'd pretend to pass out just so one of them could give me CPR.

Daisy:OOOOOOOO it's U2
*pretends to faint*
Bono: I'll save her!!!!!!!!
*starts CPR*
Daisy: *really passes out*

good point. than Bono can use his infamous BonoMouth to resuscitate us. Bon-OHHHHH.... forget it, that would led to combustion.

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
OMG can you imagine walking into a room that was rigged with secret cameras and you had no idea U2 was sitting on the other side of the door.

I would make such a fool of myself, I think
I'd probably just stand there going
eek.gif
and not speaking
I'd be a boring person on that show.

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Gina, on Adam
Gina: WOOHOO!

I definately qualify for stalker like strange, I would love for ppl to follow me around so i could express my devotion to U2!!!!!! Well actually I am not a stalker yet. I have only met them once,So i dont reckon that qualifys for stalking material,but if I got to meet them again I would do it in a heart beat!!!!!!lol

I have only ever seen one episode of Fan Club, but I loved it! It was about Bon Jovi fans, and those people were so awesome. There was this one lady who had been a fan for like 13 years and she was talking about them like a RELIGION and I was like, "good, I'm not the only crazy one!" hehe

Yeah, I'd totally be on that show, man. They'd have to see my room at home (total shrine, man!), my car (U2 license plate and decals!) and my nifty backpack adorned with U2 pins. And then, of course, I would talk about them FOREVER! hehe

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

[This message has been edited by wertsie (edited 04-08-2002).]

[This message has been edited by wertsie (edited 04-08-2002).]

Quite a few of us here would be very good at that!
biggrin.gif

------------------
~"Mirrors on the ceiling, we drink champagne on ice, and she said "we are all just prisoners here, of our own device"~

From Hotel California, but referring to those of us trapped in Mr. MacPhisto's dungeon

Hee hee! This is great! I saw this show awhile ago. At first I sort of watched with a sort of bemused yet horrified curiosity, almost feeling sorry for these people and their beyond obsessive behaviors. That is, until I realized that if you inserted "U2" whenever they said "Dave Matthews Band" or "John Mellencamp", it could have been me talking. Funny how that works...
wink.gif

But as to your question, I'd have to say I'd be a pretty boring person to have on the show. I mean, what would they watch me do? Stare at a blue screen for hours on end? Dance around my room in my pajamas to various U2 bootlegs? Oh, I got it, they can watch me program my VCR to tape every television appearance of U2 known to man and then observe my mad snapfish skills as I expand my U2 album yet again. That would be ratings GOLD!!
tongue.gif

------------------
~ALOTWU~

"Lines in the sand...I don't know about that shit."
-Adam

Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear

*HOE DOWN*

[This message has been edited by Hallelujah Here She Comes (edited 04-08-2002).]

twin, you crack my ass up
*dissolves into fits of giggles*
we should invite MTV to the PLEBA convention

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Gina, on Adam
Gina: WOOHOO!

Originally posted by Kristie:
twin, you crack my ass up
*dissolves into fits of giggles*

Glad I could be of service!
tongue.gif

Originally posted by Kristie:

we should invite MTV to the PLEBA convention

Twin, that is BRILLIANT! I'm sure MTV would leap at the chance to cover such a pop-cultural milestone and media extravaganza that will be the PLEBA convention. But for some reason I feel like the show would end up being less "Hey! Check out how exhuberant and devoted these U2 fans are! Tonight at seven!
icon42.gif
"
and more "Moofins, Moobs and the Mangroove: The Seamy Underbelly of U2 Fandom Exposed- tonight at seven
icon29.gif
"
Hmmmm...I think I would actually enjoy the second one more...
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Hallelujah Here She Comes (edited 04-08-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom