Exit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WithOrWithOutE

ONE love, blood, life
:wave: Hey everyone! :)

This story is the next installment of Adge's and my stories.So far we've had Window in the Skies and Stories for Boys.

This one takes place five years after Adge's story, Stories for Boys. It's during the JT era, with all the same characters and just something fun I wanted to write. It's a work in progress so I might not be fast to post new chapters, but I'll do my best.

I'm still a beginner so I'm not sure how good it is but it's only for fun. :D

Disclaimer: I don't know U2. I've never talked to or met them or anything. :grumpy: This is all fiction.

Enjoy! :D

Exit - Chapter One

She would be in the pub of course. Where else would a smart woman warm herself on a frigid afternoon like this?

I knew Adge would be at the pub, among friends and laughter. She loved to laugh and to be around people. Besides, I'd called her and left a message for her to meet me so if she wasn't there I've have a thing or two too say to her during our next phone conversation. It was so important that I talk to her now. What other time should your best friends be there for you then during the times that could change your life forever? I had to talk to her now and there was no way I could wait until I saw her again. This was too huge.

As I steered my beat up excuse for a car around the last curve that led into Dublin, I saw a few people milling around who were brave enough to go out in this weather. They were all huddled in their coats as they made their way down the street and it brought a smile to my face to see that not much had changed since my last visit. Dubliner's still didn't let anything get them down and stop their lives. It was good to be home.

There was nothing so sweet as to see the constant hum of life that I'd missed so much while I was away. Not that I'm complaining about my current home. Or about my current roommate. I felt the familiar warm fluttering in my heart at the thought of Jack. He was my roommate. My mentor, my friend, and one of the most important people in my life. I'd met him during my time at University just outside of Dublin and we'd hit it off right away. Despite the fact that he was 7 years older then me and a divorced Father. Not the typical roommate for a single 25 year old woman.

He'd started off as my tutor and than my friend and by the time I graduated there wasn't much that we didn't know about each other. I even opened up enough to tell him about Adam. Finally when it was time for me to go home and try to find a job, I'd been devastated to leave.

One day during our ritualistic daily coffee, Jack had mentioned that he had a spare room in his house that he was looking to rent out. It was about a two hour drive outside of Dublin and as soon as I drove up the path to the front gate I'd fallen in love. I moved in that night.

My parents had been displeased to say the least. But not for the reason you may be thinking. I told them that I was moving in with a divorced woman instead of a man. Hey that's not as bad right? Well, to my parents it probably was, but I absolutely couldn't tell them about Jack. At least not right away.

So far, Jack and I have been living together for six months and no one is the wiser. Well, except Adge. I never could keep anything from her and this was no exception. She pried it out of me in record time, and she never failed to tease me about the fact that she'd never met Jack in person. She'd talked to him over the phone and listened to the stories I told but when it came to meeting him I kept that back. I wasn't sure why. Maybe I felt a bit like I had two lives and if they were to ever mix then things might be harder to deal with. I never questioned too much for fear that I'd find out something about myself that I'd rather not know. But none of that mattered now anyway.

I spotted Adge's car in front of the pub and sighed in relief. At least I wouldn't have to go chasing her all over town.

I parked as close as I could to the front of the pub, which was nestled in a line of several shops. Most of them I remembered going into when I was younger. Hmm..younger. Like I was so much older now. Sometimes I felt much older then my twenty five years and other times I felt like running home to Mum and crying out all of my troubles. I was a mass of contradictions.

As I walked down the street, the wind whipping around my face made me huddle inside my fleece-lined jacket and pull my black wool cap down lower on my head. My cheeks stung and my nose felt like an ice cube on my face. I sniffed cautiously and flinched at the soreness. I would defiantly need to moisturize when I got home tonight. The thought of home brought my mood down considerably.

I was about to abandon my home with Jack and leave him all by himself to take care of his little girl Jill. I felt terribly guilty about it. No matter how many times Jack told me to get my arse in gear and stop worrying about him. I still couldn't imagine leaving Dublin for good. I just had to remember that no matter where I was in the world, Dublin would always have a special place in my heart.

It was time for me to move on and start new somewhere else. I needed to move on and I also needed to get away from everything that reminded me of...Adam. Crap I promised myself I would stop thinking about him! Always when I came home I was plagued with thoughts of him like some love sick school girl.

I mentally rolled my eyes at myself as I opened the pub door. I need to get it together or else Adge would know something was wrong,

I felt the heat nuzzle me as soon as I stepped in and glanced thankfully at the huge lit fireplaces that stood in the middle of the room. I could smell the wood burning in the fire, it's red-hot heat smoldering cheerfully. As my nose thawed I also smelled cigarette smoke, stale ale and the all too familiar layer frying chips left in the air.

I didn't spot anyone that I recognized right away and that didn't bother me. I never expected to still know all of the locals. Things had changed a bit since I'd last lived here. I'd changed too and it was a good change. I couldn't imagine if I had stayed in Dublin instead of making my own future.

My thoughts trailed off when I saw her sitting in the corner by herself. Not separate though. Not at all. Adge was as much a part of the room as the chair she sat on. She'd always had something about her that drew people and made them comfortable around her. I hadn't seen Adge in a whole three months and now I realized that it was about nine weeks and six days too long.

Adge had cut her hair so that it just brushed her shoulders and framed her face in soft auburn waves. Her face was slightly turned away from me and tilted to the side as if she was contemplating something serious. When her lips pursed and she nodded once firmly I grinned happily. Yep, this was defiantly the Adge that I'd known forever.

I approached her table slowly, feeling the first clenching of nerves in my stomach. No matter how close of friends we were I still got nervous when we met after a time apart. I'd almost reached her chair when her head shot to my direction and I froze. Her face went slack in shock and then transformed into a joyous smile as she leapt up and rushed to me.

We cried out as we hugged each other and shed a few tears into each others hair. We drew the interested gazes of a few people in the pub with our blubbering.

Adge pulled back, both of us with running noses and streaked faces and I giggled.

"Oh crap It looks like our makeup is done for."

She grinned, wiping her eyes and smearing up her face even worse. "You think I give a flying fish about make up at a time like this! I haven't seen you in so long!" She grew teary eyed again and pulled me into another quick hug.

I squeezed my eyes shut tight and hugged her back, "Adge it's only been a few months, but I'm sorry I couldn't come earlier. Jack has been teaching me so much lately. He wouldn't even let me come this time until I threatened to poison his favorite rice pudding when he wasn't looking."

Adge pulled back and smiled curiously at the mention of Jack and I snapped my mouth shut. I hadn't meant to bring up him but it had slipped out. Adge still seemed to think that there was more between Jack and I then there was. And she seemed to be of the same mind now, judging by the sparkle in her eye.

"You sure mention Jack a lot. He's your...mentor/roommate right?"

I smiled warmly. "Yes, he's my mentor, who I'm sharing a house with at the moment."

Adge was grinning, the sparkle was brighter and I hurried on.

"And our relationship is totally platonic."

Her smile didn't falter. "Of course it is."

"It is. We're only friends." I said firmly, hoping she would take the hint and let the matter drop. She caught on quickly and waved the waiter over to take our order.

Ten minutes later we were sitting at our table enjoying comfortable conversation and delicious turkey breast sandwiches.

"So!" Adge said. "I feel a little guilty, you having arrived yesterday and this is the first time I've seen you. I feel like we've lost so much time already. You absolutely have to stay with us while you're here."

"Um.."

"Oh please stay with us! You have too, and I promise that if 'you know who' comes by I'll give you plenty of notice to make yourself look drop dead gorgeous."

I smiled. "Okay. I'll stay with you. It's all right with Edge isn't it?"

"Of course it is." She took a sip of her water and waggled her eyebrows. "So why don't you tell me this fabulous news you've been dying to let loose ever since you walked in."

I smiled and leaned forward in my seat. It was true I had news but I was still terrified about sharing it with Adge. It was almost like once I told her there would be no turning back. I hadn't even told my parents yet because having my best friends support was the most important to me. Without Adge backing me on this I was a lost cause already.

I stared into Adge's smiling face and decided to get it over with quickly. Like pulling off a Band-Aid. Quick and painless. I took a deep breath and blurted out. "I got a job offer from my Aunt in Seattle and I'm thinking about accepting it and moving out of my home and I've never been so terrified in my entire life."

There was one particular moment where I'd seen this look on her face before and that was the moment I told her that Adam and I were going our separate ways. Or more like I was leaving him so I could go to school and further my education. She looked as shocked as she did then and I was getting nervous again.

"Adge..please say something.."

She blinked. "I...ah..wow."

"Well at least you said something."

"I'm sorry but this is a shock. I didn't except..."

"Except what? That I would ever be offered a job? You know that I've been putting myself out there." I was getting defensive and upset by Adge's reaction.

"I know that but...America? That's so far away! We'd never get to see you!" She was blinking faster now and I knew the tears weren't far off.

"Please don't start that or we'll both turn into leaky faucets again."

She sniffed and reached for a napkin to wipe her eyes. "It's just that...I thought you'd be here for..." She grew suddenly quiet and reached out to take my hand. Her eyes caught mine.

"We..Edge and I wanted to wait until dinner tonight to tell you but I can't keep it in until then. I'll burst if I don't tell you now."

A shiver ran down my spine and I braced for the worst, but a part of me could already tell that it was good news.

Adge's face bloomed into a wide watery smile as she squeezed my hand.

"I'm pregnant. Edge and I are going to have a baby."

Exit - Chapter Two

About an hour later found me following Adge in my car to her house. Well her and Edge's house..and their baby. A baby. Good God it was the most amazing fantastic news I'd ever heard.

I'd been shocked to my core when she'd told me because as far as I knew they weren't even trying. Adge said that it had been totally unplanned but they couldn't be more ecstatic about it. I was so happy for them and I couldn't wait to congratulate Edge.

Adge pulled off of the road onto a familiar driveway and I rolled down my window to catch the scent of the crisp fresh air as we drove.

Edge and Adge's house wasn't overly huge but they had plenty of room for their little family of two and a half. It was an adorable two story stone cottage that made me think of fairy tales. I always fell more in love with it every time I visited. The inside was decorated so that it was impossible not to know who lived there and it made me feel so comfortable and like I was home.

I parked next to Adge and sighed as I looked up at the windows. The place hadn't changed a bit since last time and I found peace in that fact. Adge knocked on my window and I grinned and waved. I opened my door and had one foot on the ground when I noticed the motorcycle parked right next to me. It wasn't just any motorcycle..it was Larry's. Larry was here.

I sucked in a deep breath in alarm. I hadn't been prepared to see anyone else. There wasn't much I could do about it now.

"Come on!" Adge took my hand, grinning, and led me to the front door. "I'm so excited you're here! Edge has been wanting to see you for a while."

"That's nice." I smiled. "I want to see him too."

As Adge fumbled with the keys I looked around anxiously for other cars. Thankfully I didn't see any. Adge finally got the lock and she pushed it open and pulled me in behind her.

"Hello!?" She bellowed in the front hall. "HELLO!?!?! Anyone home?!"

I laughed. "I think they probably heard you the first time."
"Not if they're jamming they didn't." She smiled. "Come on. I bet they're upstairs."

I finally caught on and stopped in my tracks. "By 'they' you mean just Edge and Larry right?"

Adge shrugged. "I don't know. It's like a train station around here some days. But I only saw Larry's bike outside so he's probably the only one here."

I shook my head. "But you're not sure. What if Adam's here?" I felt my throat tighten as my anxiety level rose. "I can't see him right now! I'll lose it. I can't-"

"Hey calm down." Adge took hold of my arms gently and stared into my eyes. "Why don't I go on ahead to see and you can wait in the kitchen. Help yourself to whatever. My house in your house."

My heart rate slowly returned to normal. "Okay. Thanks Adge."
She smiled warmly at me. "What are friends for. By the way I think all these extra hormones are making me nicer then usual. So don't get used to it."

I laughed. "I wont."

While Adge started up the stairs, I took a left and only got lost once and ended up in a sort of work out room, before I finally found the kitchen.

"Finally I found you!" I sighed happily as I opened their huge refrigerator and grinned at the assortment of beverages. I grabbed a bottled water for now and moved to close the door. Instead I smashed my thumb hard.

"Ow!! Mother fucker! You stupid thing!" I glared at the offending kitchen appliance. "And to think I was considering getting one of you when I move. Well, think again buddy!"

"I see you haven't stopped talking to furniture love."

I gasped and whipped around to see Adam leaning against the kitchen counter only a few feet away from me. He looked relaxed with his hip pressed against the metal and his arms crossed across his chest. The first thing I noticed was that his hair was cut off. I never looked at anything U2 anymore so I hadn't known what he looked like at all..until now.

He'd defiantly grown. His chest was filled out and his face was more sculpted. His glasses were different too, I noticed dazedly, but his eyes were the same. The same eyes that had made my knees turn to jello so many times. The same eyes that had looked into mine while he told me he loved me.

As I took in his familiar face he tossed me a roughish grin. My stomach dropped somewhere around my ankles. God he looks fabulous, I thought faintly.

"Adam..."

I didn't know what else to say. It seemed like there was so much to catch up on. I wanted to run to him and go into his arms and confess that I'd missed him terribly. I could tell him about everything that was happening in my life since he'd stopped being in it. I tried to resist the urge to talk to him and be with him but that didn't stop my mind or my body from remembering what we once had.

Adam's smile stayed as he pushed away from the counter and started towards me. My mind screamed for me to get away. To escape to anywhere that Adam wasn't.

"Love, you look like you've seen a ghost."

I opened my mouth to speak but all that came out was a small squeak. For god's sake get a hold of yourself woman! I chided myself.

Adam chuckled quietly as he got closer. "You can't be that surprised to see me." He was standing so close now that I could smell his cologne. It was unfamiliar and that scared me. It made me realize that I didn't know this Adam. Long gone was the Adam I used to love and he had been replaced with this newer version.

I gained back a little backbone and raised a hand in front of my as a kind or warning. Adam glanced at it in amusement and looked into my eyes.

"Amber." His voice was low and my stomach jumped. He took my hand in his and brought it to his lips. I watched in detached curiosity as his lips brushed over my fingers ever so slowly. Adam's gaze caught mine just as he slipped the tip on my index finger into his moist mouth.

I gasped and pulled away as if he was on fire. "Adam what do you think you're doing?" I asked shakily.

He took a step forward causing me to take one back. He smirked and shook his head knowingly. "I think you know what I'm doing. I don't remember you ever playing hard to get." His eyes had a predatory shine to them as he leaned in. I watched as his lips got closer and closer. No! I couldn't let this happen!

"No..Adam..you can't-" That was all I got out before his mouth covered mine. I had absolutely no resistance as his tongue swept into my mouth. My mind was getting fuzzier by the moment. Some part of me was thinking that maybe this was right or maybe I needed it to remind me of why I had loved Adam so much. Adam reached around me and cupped my ass and I moaned. I knew it had gone too far already.

I shoved against his chest as hard as I could and wiped my mouth with the back of my hand as Adam stumbled back.

"You shouldn't have done that. We can't just pick up where we left off." I said shakily.

Adam eyed me warily as he caught his balance and smoothed our his shirt. "I never expected to get that far to tell you the truth. I thought you'd go for my bullocks. That was some kiss." He grinned and laughed suddenly. "Damn it's good to see you again Baby."

I stiffened. "I am NOT your Baby! And I don't appreciate being mauled. If you ever do that again I will go for your bullocks!"

I moved to leave but Adam stood in my way and held his hands up in surrender. "Okay. Okay. You win." He flashed a grin and winked. "This time."

I snorted in disgust and turned to storm out. My storming was effectively ruined however when I walked straight into Larry's chest.

"Oof!" I lost my balance and Larry hands gripped my arms to steady me. "Larry!" I stared into his smooth expressionless face and wondered what was wrong. Larry's eyes traveled over my shoulder and narrowed.

"Adam. When did you get here?" Larry asked quietly.

I kept my eyes on Larry's face as Adam answered. "A few minutes ago." He said casually and then I heard the sound of a lighter flicking open. So Adam still smocked then. A filthy habit that I never could break him of.

"I don't recall Edge saying anything about you coming over today." Larry said, all the while his eyes were on my face. His eyes searched mine deeply in that way that only Larry could do and I felt started to grow uncomfortable.

Adam snorted lightly. "I don't believe that I've ever needed an invitation to visit Edge. If he has a problem with my being here then I'll hear it from him first." His voice was dripping with contempt and I was confused about what was going on. Why are Larry and Adam treating each other this way?

I pulled back from Larry's arms, and noticed he was watching me again with his intense eyes. I smiled at him. "Larry it's really good to see you."

His face relaxed for the first time since walking into the room and he smiled back. "It's good to see you too. You haven't changed at all."

I laughed dryly. "Nice try Lar but I think I can defiantly argue with you on that." I leaned back against the nearest wall and tried to relax. That was pretty much impossible with Adam standing a few feet away and watching me.

Larry's lips twitched. "Come of it. You're as beautiful as ever and you know it."

I stared at Larry, surprised that he would say that. I blushed when he grinned. I ducked my head slightly to hide my reaction and Larry chuckled.

"While your flirting is highly entertaining, Edge is expecting me." I jumped and jerked my head up as Adam commented dryly before strolling out of the room as if he didn't have a care in the world.

"Your face will stick that way if you're not careful." Larry said, lightly brushing his thumb over my frown creases. I relaxed at his touch and met his eyes.

"He drives me mad."

He nodded. "He drives us all mad."

"Yeah but at least you don't have to worry about fighting off his sexual vibes." I cringed at the total pile of goo I'd turned into at Adam's touch.

"You'd be surprised what we have to deal with where Adam is concerned." Larry scowled briefly before switching back to his normal expression. "Don't worry about him. I'll have a word with him later."

"Oh no you don't have to do that. I don't want you to argue because of me."

Larry snorted. "We may be arguing but it doesn't have anything to do with you."

I burned with curiosity, wanting to know what they were going on about. I didn't feel right about asking though so I pushed those thoughts away and laughed.

"Here we are, just seeing each other for the first time in months and I haven't hugged you yet!" I launched myself into Larry's arms and he laughed as he caught me.

"Doesn't almost running me down count?" Larry smiled as he released me. I blushed a bit.

"Sorry about that. I was kind of in a hurry to get out of here." I smiled cheerfully. "Well, I really have to pee so why don't you show me where the loo is. I've been here before but I forget every time. Does that ever happen to you? I can't seem to remember a thing." I knew I was babbling and Larry did too by the look he gave me.

"I'm fine." I answered his unasked question and slipped my hand into his arm as he led me out of the kitchen.

"So Lar, tell me what you've been up to. Besides U2 stuff.."

"I..I assume Adge told you about Jane?"

Jane was the woman that Larry had been seeing for the past few months. I'd only met her once but I'd thought she was a nice person.

I shook my head and looked at Larry closely. "No she didn't tell me." Larry looked away and my heart sank. "Oh no. You're not together anymore?"

"No. Not for a few weeks now." I stopped and gave him a quick hug.

"I'm sorry. I liked her."

"So did I. I guess she didn't feel the same about me."

I closed my eyes in pain and squeezed Larry's shoulders. "I'm so sorry Lar." I pulled back to smile into his eyes. "If you want to talk you know I'm here for you."

He smiled tiredly. "I know." The rest of the way was silent as we were each lost in our own thoughts.

"Here's the loo." Larry stopped and released my arm.

"Thanks. I'll be out in a minute if you want to wait."

"I'll wait. Wouldn't want you to get lost."

I nodded and gave him a small smile before closing the door softly. I turned and walked quietly over to the sink. I washed my face with cold water and suddenly felt refreshed. Wiping my face dry I stared at my reflection.

"What have you got yourself into this time?" Not having an adequate answer I glanced at my watch and groaned. I'd only been here for fifteen minutes and I was already talking to myself. I was well on my way to a mental breakdown and how in the world was I going to last seven more days!?

~~~~~~~~~~

Stepping out of the bathroom I felt refreshed and put together again. I sighed and smiled at Larry. He smiled back and offered me his arm again.

"So..would you like a tour so you can get used to the place again?" Larry asked.

"Ahh..not right now. I'm kind of tired."

Larry nodded and then preceded to stare off into space.

"Uh..Lar?"

He shook his head and looked at me. "Oh. Sorry. Just thinking." He paused and I was shocked to see a light blush in his cheeks. "I thought you'd been here recently but I'm just now realizing it's been a while. How long?"

"Around three months. Yeah I'd have been here sooner but Jack needed me.." I inwardly groaned and glanced at Larry to see if he'd caught my slip.

"Jack?" I guess he did.

"Yeah he's my..roommate and my teacher. He's a really nice guy."

Larry was shocked. "You live with a man? Is he married?"

"No..he's divorced actually."

"Divorced! How old is he?"

"Thirty five."

"Thirty five!" He yelled.

I cringed. "Relax! We're only friends."

Larry scowled. "I don't like it."

I blinked. "Well I don't want to seem rude but it's really not up to you who I live with. I can make my own decisions." Larry always had a way of getting under my skin!

Larry's face reddened as he yanked his arm away and glared. "Oh can you then? You didn't seem capable a moment ago in the kitchen." His voice was steadily rising. "If you didn't want Adam all over you then you shouldn't have let him kiss you! You acted like..like a-"

My mouth tightened. "Don't you dare finish that sentence! You..you JERK!"

"Is there a problem here?"

Larry and I both turned. Edge and Adge were standing two feet away, both looking highly amused.

"No problem at all." I smiled grimly and glared at Larry. "Except that Larry is being a complete arse and he needs to learn some manners!"

Larry's face darkened with rage. "ME?! What about your lover boy!? Shouldn't you be teaching him something!?"

"Jack is a perfect gentleman!"

Larry's face dissolved into shock and then his eyes flashed in anger. "I was talking about Adam. But thanks anyway for proving me right."

He brushed past me and marched down the hall. A slam of a door resounded through the house moments later.

"What a-"

"Jerk?" Adge supplied with a grin.

"This isn't funny." I rubbed my throbbing temples. "I can't believe that I've only been here for less then an hour and I'm fighting with Larry.

"He's always like that." Edge said. "And he's been worse since every thing with Jane."

"Yeah he told me about that. What happened with them anyway?"

Edge shifted and looked away, "I don't think we should discuss that now. It's still too fresh for Lar and I don't feel right about it."

"Oh..Okay that's fine." I frowned as I followed Adge and Edge back to the kitchen to get everyone drinks and help Adge start dinner.

Everyone was acting really strange. Except Adge. She was the only normal one that I'd talked to so far. And what else could I expect from the next week?

Adam had already turned me into a puddle with his advances. I had fought with Larry over something really stupid. And Edge was acting oddly cold towards me. What was next? Would Bono walk in and declare that his plans to take over the world were finally in motion?! I wasn't sure how much more of the craziness that I could take, but knowing my friends and how insane life got when I was around them, I knew that this was probably only the beginning.

Last edited:
:up:
I've been pretty busy lately so I haven't been able to comment on the other story, but it's good to see you're still writing!

Good job. Just a little proofreading comment though. There are a couple of spots where you use the word defiantly which I think is actually supposed to be definitely. Spell check wouldn't catch that error since it's not a mispelling.

Dana

rihannsu said:
Good job. Just a little proofreading comment though. There are a couple of spots where you use the word defiantly which I think is actually supposed to be definitely. Spell check wouldn't catch that error since it's not a mispelling.

Dana

Oh wow thanks I totally didn't catch that. Unfortunately it wont let me change it now since I'm not a premium member, but I will change it on my computer for future readings. Thanks again. :)

:wave:

Exit Chapter Three -

Adge and I hung out in the kitchen all afternoon, putting together some potato soup for dinner. I grabbed a loaf of french bread and started cutting it into thick slices.

"I think it's time to turn the heat down." Adge said as she stirred the steaming pot and leaned over to inhale the fragrant aroma.

"Yeah probably. The bread is ready for the oven." I brushed on some olive oil, sprinkled some garlic salt, and we would have french garlic bread in a few minutes.

Adge stirred the soup once more before putting the lid on and we shared a sigh as we finished cleaning up.

The last dish was put away and we both collapsed into our chairs. Adge cursed and got back up. "I forgot to clean the counter. I feel like I'm in here all the time. I've been trying to talk Edge into getting us a maid but what's the point if we're leaving in a month."

I got up and took the sponge from her. "Let me do that. You should rest a little."

Adge groaned. "Oh no not you too! Edge is already treating me like I'm the one who's the baby. He's so protective anyway but then the baby and all..."

"I'm envious. I wish I had an over protective husband." I sighed and plopped the sponge in the sink. "And a baby! I've been having dreams about having babies for like a year now."

"I didn't realize that you felt so serious about it." Adge looked thoughtful. "And you're not seeing anyone right now?" I hesitated. "I knew it!" Adge cackled. "Tell me all about him! I want to know everything. Wait lemme get comfortable."

She bustled to the stove, put on some tea, and took out a plate of cookies. She set them in front of me and I eyed them hungrily and gave in to temptation.

I munched while Adge sat down with a sigh and grinned at me. "Okay..shoot."

"I'm not seeing anyone." I began.

"Don't lie to me!" She waggled a finger at me and I laughed.

"Listen! I'm not seeing anyone. I was but we broke up a few weeks ago."

"Oh. Sorry. How long were you together?"

"Only about a month. His name's Derek...I really liked him but we..uh..well it was a little uncomfortable for me."

Adge frowned. "What do you mean?"

I shrugged. "We didn't get along...I guess the chemistry wasn't there."

"Oh..but why was it uncomfortable?"

"Um..."

Adge raised her eyebrows. "What?"

"Nothing..."

"Tell me." She insisted.

"All right." I blushed and bit my lip. "Don't laugh but Derek..he's a musician...a bassist actually."

Adge didn't laugh but her face turned red with the effort.
I sighed eventually. "Go ahead and laugh."

She through her head back and laughed until she cried. I rolled my eyes and laughed along with her.

"What's all the excitement about in here?" Edge smiled at Adge as he walked in.

He was looking adorably scruffy with a full beard and long hair that was tied neatly at the nape of his neck. His clothes were about as scruffy as his beard with ripped up jeans and a rumpled tee shirt, but the look suited him. He walked over to stand behind Adge and started rubbing her shoulders as he smiled down at her.

Adge wiped at her tears of amusement and tried to bring herself under control. She laid a hand on top of one of Edge's and grinned up at him. "Amber was just telling me about this guy she was seeing.."

"Oh are you seeing someone then?" He asked politely.

Adge and I shared a look and burst out laughing. Poor Edge smiled in confused amusement.

Before we could attempt to explain, the doorbell rang. Edge glanced at his watch and smiled.

"That'll be Bono. He's on time for once. I'll get it."

Edge left and I turned to Adge. "Bono? What's he doing here?"

She shrugged and got up to fetch the screaming tea kettle. "He's always coming around at this time. I think he gets lonely in that humongous house of his. We feed him and then him and Edge talk shop for a while. I don't mind as long as it's not every night."

She grinned at me over her shoulder as she poured our tea. "When was the last time you saw Bono?"

"Uh..it's been a while."

"Since when though?" She asked. "Come fix your tea. I forget how you take it."

I got up and joined her at the counter. I plopped in two spoons of sugar and stirred. I watched it dissolve and swirl, letting it mesmerize me.

I thought back to the last time I'd seen Bono. It had been almost eight months ago.

~~~~~~~~~

I'd been home for a visit but the only people who knew about it where my Mum and Da. I figured that it was time I spent a little time with them. We hugged and cried and sat down to catch up. So that was how I spent my first five minutes.

Then I slowly started to go crazy. On the third night I knew that I wouldn't be able to take another night of eating grease soaked meat and potatoes, to be followed by Da watching TV and Mum wanting to go over every detail of my love life and critiquing me to death.

I snuck out under the cover of darkness on the third night. I felt like a runaway as I drove off. Once I'd made it a few blocks I grinned and gunned it. Freedom!

I drove around for a while just enjoying my time alone. After a few minutes I saw an interesting pub called Rick's and decided that a drink might not be bad. It looked nice enough and I strolled in feeling relief that I'd made it out of my Mum's smothering grasp.

I approached the bar and the man behind it flashed me a kind grin. "What'll it be Miss?"

I looked at their variety. "Um..."

"She'll have what I'm having George."

My heart popped out of my chest as Bono slid into the stool next to me and tossed me a grin. "Hey Red. Long time no see."

Bono looked unbelievably hot. I mean he was the naughtiest fantasy I had ever had come to life. He was wearing tight black leather pants and a matching vest over a deep purple long sleeved shirt. It defiantly didn't escape my notice that his shirt was hanging halfway open, revealing tuffs of hair and a sweaty, muscular chest.

It must have been a whole minute before my eyes left his chest and moved up to see that he did indeed have a face to go with that fantastic body. His hair, which was longer then I had ever seen it and falling about his shoulders, made him look dangerously sexy. Not to mention the silver earrings he was sporting and that delicious smirking mouth of his. God was I even still breathing?

"Bono.." My mouth moved but no sound came out.

Bono laughed. "Are you okay Red? You look a bit...flushed." He winked at me and I did flush.

"Here you are Miss." The bartender set a drink in front of me and I took it without really paying attention. My eyes were still glued to Bono.

He grinned, showing off his perfectly white teeth. "So..what've you been up to Red?"

"I..." I decided that I could use a little help so I downed my drink in one go. It burned all the way down and my eyes watered profusely.

"Shit." I rasped and coughed a few times.

Bono patted me on the back, not really helping but only making me worse with the thought that he was touching me.

I looked up through tears and Bono tossed me another wink. "It's a bit rough the first time but it gets easier the second or third go around."

I coughed again and stared wide eyed at him. "Excuse me?"

"The drink Red. I'm talking about the drink." He laughed.

"Oh..right." I wiped my mouth with a napkin and tried to get a grip on myself. Bono signaled for two more drinks and I eyed them warily as they were set in front of me.

"Bono I didn't come here to get pissed."

He smiled and took one of the glasses. He tossed it in one gulp, smooth as could be and grinned at me. "This wont get you anything but a wee bit buzzed Love. Trust me."

"Trust you?" I said blankly, staring at him.

He laughed. "I've got no ulterior motives if that's what's worrying you."

"Sure you don't Bono...I should go." I stood. He bounded up eagerly.

"You can't go yet! Have one dance with me first." He took me into his arms, pulled me against his still sweaty chest, and put his hand firmly on the small of my back.

I swallowed audibly, looking into his eyes. "I really should be going. My Mum-"

"Red please! We've never really partied together before. This will be our chance." He pleaded with his eyes. I stared into them and felt my love for him flare back to life. There was no way I would be leaving until Bono got at least one dance.

"Okay...I could use a little fun anyway."

He slowly grinned, a look coming into his eyes that made me wonder if I would be regretting this.

I woke up in a strange bed with the mother of all headaches. I groaned like I was dying and pulled myself up onto my elbows to take in my surroundings.

I was apparently in a bedroom. It had bright red walls that made me dizzy and one whole wall covered with ceiling high windows. They were thankfully shuttered.

I looked around me at the canopy bed I was laying in with it's red silk sheets and matching blankets and one word came to my whisky drenched mind.

"Bono."

"Yes Love?" Bono walked into the room, grinning apologetically and holding a tray. I completely ignored him and eyed the tray.

"That better be water and something for my splitting headache."

"Only the best for you." He set the tray down on the bed side table and sat down next to me. I was aware he was watching me but I couldn't care less and I gulped the glass of water he'd brought and about a whole bottle of asprin. I reached for the coffee then and sat back as I slowly sipped at it.

"Red...do you remember last night?"

I looked up, alarmed. Bono's relaxed expression helped me to calm down. "Yeah. Most of it. There was a lot of dancing and whisky. I remember a river of whiskey."

"Sounds about right." Bono grinned lopsidedly and ran a hand through his loose hair. I noticed that he hadn't shaved yet. He looked ravishing with a bit of stubble. "There was a lot of whisky. And dancing. We partied fairly hard."

"At least I woke up alone." I said dryly.

"That's only cause I left before you woke up." He winked and my heart stopped.

"That's not funny." I scowled when he laughed.

"Sure it is." He smirked. "We've woken up together a time or two."

"Yeah like a million years ago."

"Feels like just yesterday to me." He grinned and rubbed his hands together enthusiastically. "How about some breakfast?" My stomach flipped and last nights whisky threatened to make an appearance. "I can whip us up some eggs and bacon. Or maybe you'd prefer some banana pancakes smothered in syrup?"

I moaned and buried my face in the pillows.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'd left soon after that and I hadn't seen Bono since. I wondered if he'd changed much. As Adge and I sat in her kitchen, with our potato soup slow simmering on the stove, I nervously awaited Bono's return into my life.

"So..when will you be leaving?"

I pulled my concentration back to Adge and blinked at her question. "What do you mean?"

"When will you be going to Seattle?"

"Oh! Not for a few months. I'll need time to get everything in order."

Adge nodded distractedly. She looked like something else was on her mind and I grew uneasy.

"Is there something on your mind?"

She looked surprised. "I'm just thinking...what will your position be?"

"I'll be assistant to the head chef."

Adge looked interested. "Just assistant?"

"Well I am just starting..."

"Oh right. Of course." She nodded.

We were silent then, both of us lost in our thoughts. And then Bono's rich laughter rang through the house.

Adge and I grinned at each other. I stood up just as Bono walked into the room with Edge by his side.

Bono saw me and his face showed his surprise. I guessed that no one told him I was coming. "Red!" He swooped me up into his arms. I laughed and hugged him back.

"Bono it's so good to see you." I pulled back and grinned into his eyes. "You look hot as always."

He laughed and leaned in to smack a kiss onto my mouth. "Red you look fabulous. The last time I saw you, you were soaked in whisky."

I blushed and Adge looked perplexed. "Bono what are you talking about?"

Bono winked at me. "Nothing Adge love. Just some fun between old friends."

He released me and bent down to hug Adge in her chair. "How's the little mother doing today?"

She snorted. "The little mother is doing just perfectly."

Bono looked over at the stove and sniffed cautiously. He let go of Adge and made a beeline for the food.

"What've we got here?"

"I've been thrown over for food once again." Adge sighed. "That's the potato soup we've been making all afternoon. It's Amber's recipe." Adge got up in time to smack Bono's hand away as he reached for a tasting spoon. "And you can't have any until it's done."

He pouted at her. "But I'm hungry!"

"So am I B." Edge came up behind Adge and wrapped her in his arms. He nuzzled his cheek against hers and she smiled. "But if my wife says it's not done then we wait until it is." He pulled away and smiled at me. "Amber I hear you're quite the cook. Now we'll get to taste for ourselves wont we."

I smiled, somewhat thinly. "Yeah I guess so." To me it sounded like Edge was testing me but what in the world for? Did he think I was a terrible cook or that I was going to poison him!? Adge and Edge sat down next to each other and I smiled at how at ease they looked together.

"At this rate we'll never know if she's a good cook or not." Bono grumbled as he fixed a cup of tea and sat down on Adge's other side. He smiled at her. "I'm still going to sit next to you, even if you're depriving me of nutrients."

Adge rolled her eyes while Edge chuckled. "Thanks so much Bono. I'm honored."

I grinned and sat back. I was still trying to get used to being in this environment again but it was becoming easier by the minute to feel comfortable.

"Is Larry here?" Bono asked, glancing around.

I flinched as Edge answered. "Eh..no. He left a while ago. He eh..had some things to attend to."

Edge was trying to be nice about it and I appreciated that.
Bono snorted with skepticism. "I'm not buying that. Who pissed him off this time?"

Edge and Adge both tried not to look my way and I sighed. "That would be me." Bono opened his mouth but I went on. "I'd rather not talk about it."

Bono shrugged. "Where's Adam then?"

I groaned and Adge smiled and saved me from having to answer. "He left too. But they both said they'd be on time for the meeting tomorrow." Adge looked pointedly at Bono. "So you better not be late B."

"I'm never late." Bono defended himself. "It's everyone else that's early."

Edge laughed incredulously. "Your logic is a bit twisted sometimes."

"You're just no fun Edge." Bono sniffed.

"Oh Bono don't pout." Edge smiled and bated his eyes at him from across the table. "I'll make it up to you later."

We all laughed and Bono beamed. "Oh Edge you know just how to get to me."

I shook my head as I got up to check the soup. "The soup's ready guys."

Bono whooped and was by my side in no time at all. He was practically drooling as I dished out his portion.

"Um Bono would you wipe up the drool? I don't want any in my soup thanks." Adge said and handed him a napkin.

I laughed as Bono wiped at his mouth and took the steaming bowl from me. While everyone sat down I set out the drinks and the warm bread. I watched attentively as Edge took his first taste. His eyes closed (always a good sign) and he smiled.

I relaxed back in my seat and sighed. At least Edge liked it.

"Ooooh God." Bono let out a sinfully sensual moan as he slipped his spoon from his mouth. "Red I think I'm in love with you. Move in with me?" He turned lusty eyes onto me, but I wasn't fooled. I'd seen that look before and it was completely motivated by the food in his belly. Adge snorted at him and Edge shook his head and smiled.

"I wish I could Bono but I'm holding out for true love."

Bono was about to make a second play for my heart when Edge spoke.

"This is delicious Red. You're a wonderful cook."

I blushed. "Edge you've only tasted one of my dishes."

He smiled. "Doesn't matter. I know good quality when I taste it."

"Edge quite trying to steal her away from me." Bono frowned possessively at him.

Adge laughed. "Yeah Edge. It's shameful to take her for yourself. Especially when you have you're pregnant wife sitting right here."

Edge flushed and reached out to take Adge's hand. They shared a soft smile.

Bono sighed and surprised me by placing his hand on my knee under the table.

"Bono what-"

"Move in with me." He broke in excitedly. I laughed and shook my head. Bono went on, "I mean it. Not permanently but just for as long as you're here."

I stared at him, wondering if he was serious or just crazy. His hand squeezed my knee while his earnest expression told me he really wanted this. I thought of him all alone in his big house and my heart ached.

"Bono I don't know. I already promised I'd stay here..."

Bono turned hopeful eyes onto Adge and Edge.

Adge shrugged and grinned. "Go ahead. I don't mind."

"He could use the company." Edge put in with a smile.

Bono grinned excitedly and turned questioning eyes onto me. Bono did seem lonely and he was fun to be around and I knew I would have a blast staying with him...

I grinned widely. "When do I move in?"

:wave: Exit Chapter Four -

After dinner we all retired into the sitting room and while Edge talked to Bono about the song he was writing, Adge and I hung out and had our own conversation about the baby. Bono and Edge shared a bottle of whiskey and I stuck to soda along with Adge.

When Adge went to the loo I listened to Edge talk passionately about his songs and I smiled. It was nice to hear music talk again.

"What's that smile for?" Adge asked as she sat on the couch next to me. I nodded toward Edge and she smiled. "Yeah he's been really excited about this record. I think this is the happiest I've ever seen him."

"I love to see him happy." I smiled softly.

Adge gave me a look. "Oh yeah?"

I cleared my throat. "Sorry..I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm hormonal I guess."

"That's not what it is. You need a man in your life. That's what." She grinned when I blushed.

"Adge no I don't-"

"Did someone say they needed a man?" Bono plopped onto the couch next to Adge and purred as he rubbed his head against her shoulder.

She laughed and swatted at him. "Not me. Amber is the one in need."

"I am not!" I cursed when Bono came to sit next to me instead and gave me a feline smile.

"Hello love." He whispered and nuzzled my cheek with his nose.

"Oh god." I swallowed loudly. "Bono you better stop that right now. It's been a while for me and I might jump on you any second."

He chuckled. "Mmm. Sounds lovely to me."

"Leave her alone. She's about to explode." Edge observed, chuckling as he sat next to Adge and wrapped an arm around her. He smiled down at her and leaned in for a kiss.

Adge wrapped her arms around him and Edge mumbled against her lips and moved down to nibble her neck. She giggled.

"Edge stop that. Hmm or maybe not..." She twined her fingers in his hair and sighed.

I looked away, a bit uncomfortable, and came face to face with Bono. "That looks like fun." He purred and leaned in, aiming right for my neck. The sweet spot.

I leaned back, panicking, and bumped into Adge, sending her right into Edge's chest.

"Hey. Watch it." Adge laughed and grabbed onto the couch for balance."Watch out love. Red and B are making out." She said in Edge's ear.

His head jerked up and he stared at us over Adge's shoulder. I laughed at his incredulous expression.

"What Edge? Don't you think it could happen?"

"Em..."

"You don't have to answer." Adge grinned. "Just leave them to their making out and get back to my neck."

Edge chuckled and did as she said. I swallowed thickly and turned to Bono. He smiled at me with bright eyes.

"Shall we get back to our making out Love?"

"This isn't ten years ago..."

"Did we make out ten years ago?" Bono looked flabbergasted and I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't mean that...but yeah actually we did. We'd just gotten back from touring I think..I forget when it was..." I frowned, trying to remember. "Adge help me out would you?"

"Mmph."

I glanced at her and laughed. Her and Edge were currently making out enthusiastically. "Well maybe it is ten years ago for you guys." I snorted.

"Lets take a walk." Bono got up suddenly and took my hand. I went with him, not really having any choice as he pulled me along.

We got outside and I shivered. "Bono it's freezing out here."
"Yeah but smell that fresh air." He breathed deeply and grinned sideways at me. "It can be your first walk since you came back."

"Yeah..." I wrapped myself tightly in my coat and Bono put his arm around me and pulled me close to him. I smiled. "About that B...I have to tell you something..."

"Good news I hope?" He smiled, but it slowly faded as he watched my face.

"Good news for me yeah..but I'm not sure how much you'll like it." I sighed. "I'm moving to Seattle in a few months. I got a job offer."

Bono laughed. "Oh is that all?"

I scowled. "Gee. I'm so glad that you care so much about me."

"Aww course I care about you." He chuckled and kissed my temple. "But you wont be moving."

I blinked at him. "I wont?"

"Nope. You'll be working for me."

"Um...I'm afraid to ask what this job entails."

He laughed and winked. "Whatever you want it too."

"Uh huh. Well now that we're done with that pipe dream...I really will be moving."

"I want you to be U2's personal chef." Bono blurted out.

I stopped in the middle of the road and stared at him. "What!?"

He grinned and shoved his hands into his pockets. "Yep. We've already been talking about it."

"We?" I asked faintly.

"All of us. You know, me, Edge, Adam, Larry, and Paul. We all agree it's about time we have a chef on the road with us annnd...we pick you." He grinned at me like a little boy who'd found the cookie jar.

I was in a daze. "This is a joke right?"

"No joke. I'm serious."

"Then quite grinning." I took his face in my hands and pulled it level with mine. "Are you on the level with me here?"

His eyes laughed at me. "Yes I am. You can ask Edge when we get back. He'll tell you all about it."

I let go of his face as the pieces started to slide into place. "That's why Edge has been treating me weird! He's been testing me!"

"Edge isn't Mr. Subtle like everyone says." Bono smirked. "He's been on the fence about hiring you but I think your soup won him over."

"I need to talk to him. Come on." I grabbed Bono's chilled hand and started back.

I burst into the living room, "Edge! When were you planning on telling me!!!"

Edge and Adge's heads popped up over the couch. "What the fuck?" Adge asked as she sat up, pulled herself out from under Edge and straightened her shirt. Edge sat up and righted his bandana as he blinked at us.

"Would you please explain that remark Red?"

I glared and pulled Bono forward. He grinned apologetically at Edge. "Bono just told me. I can't believe you were planning this and didn't even tell me!"

Adge sighed and stood. "Once again...what the fuck!?"

"You want me to be U2's personal chef!?!?!?!"

"Oh..that." Edge smiled innocently. "We were planning on having it be a surprise."

"Well it's sure some surprise!" I blew out an enraged breath. "Now I'm all fucked up! What am I going to tell my Aunt? She's going to be so pissed at me."

Bono sucked in an excited breath. "Does that mean you're excepting!?" He had my hand in a death grip. I looked at him and sighed.

Adge and Edge both grinned and I groaned. "What do you think!? I'm not passing this up!"

"YAY!!" Bono swooped me up and kissed me hard.

"Ah! Geez Bono!" Adge laughed and kissed Edge as I tried to fight Bono off. I didn't do too good of a job as I ended up in his arms an hour later as we all lazed around in the living room. None of us were ready to go to bed yet. Adge and I started talking about the tour and it wasn't long before Bono and Edge joined in.

"I'll never be able to sleep now! There's too many things I have to do." I sighed and Bono kissed my forehead. I hadn't been this close to Bono in a while but it wasn't bothering me. With Adge and Edge nestled close on the same couch with us we looked like two perfect couples. I snorted at the thought.

"What's the snort for?" Adge asked from her spot on Edge's chest.

"Nothing." I blushed. I was saved from being bothered more when the phone rang.

"I'll get it." Edge reached out for the extension on the coffee table. "hello?"

I listened lazily to his half of the conversation. "Hey. Yeah she's here...I don't know." Edge glanced at me. I raised an eyebrow. He covered the phone with his hand. "It's Adam."

I blanched. "God."

"Lemme talk to him." Adge took the phone and raised it to her ear. "Hey Ad. Yeah she's here but she's busy with Bono. They're catching up....yeah you know how it goes....hmm...yeah. Oh but if you want to reach her call Bono's place." I watched with wide eyes as she grinned. "Yep she's staying with him. You better get your act in gear mister. See ya." She hung up on him and snickered.

"What did you just say!?"

"You heard her." Edge grinned at me in amusement.

I blushed. "Yeah but..what did Adam want?"

"To talk to you." Adge was short on the answers tonight and my eye twitched.

"He's thinking of asking you to the party most likely." Bono put in helpfully.

I gaped at him in confusion. "Party? What party!?"

"The one we're having. It's tomorrow night and it's going to be here." Adge had a sneaky smile on her face.

"Who's all going to be there?" I asked, feeling a little sick.

"A ton of people." Adge grinned. "We're having it catered and everything."

"The house will be full." Edge relaxed back and smiled. "It will be a blast."

"There's going to be twister and everything." Bono smirked. Edge laughed and flung a pillow at his head.

"But..why? What are you celebrating?" I asked, trying to imagine it.

Adge laughed. "Um well lets see. How about the baby and the new record and the new tour. Oh and the fact that you're home after being away for so long. I was going to mention it. Actually I thought I did."

"Well, you didn't."

"Oops." Adge didn't look the least bit sorry and I laughed.

"Yeah sure.

"I think it'll be just the opportunity for Adam to get his arse in gear."

"You mean those leather pants he has?" Bono put in thoughtfully. "Those make his arse look hot."

We all stared at him. Adge tilted her head and grinned. "Bono is there something you'd like to share with us?"

"Yes I'd like to hear the explanation for why you suddenly find Adam so attractive." Edge sniffed, and wiped at his eye. "If you're tired of me you just have to say so."

I shared a grin with Adge and we sat back, waiting to see what Bono would do.

"Oh Edge! I could never get tired of you! You're my soul mate!" Bono started to crawl over me to get to his love.

"Ahh! What the fuck Bono!?" I cried as he slithered across my lap. He stopped halfway looking like he was waiting for me to give him a spanking. I looked down and my eyes popped open. I had a really REALLY good view of Bono's ass. Mostly because it was right in my lap..which meant that some other certain part of him was pressed up against my thighs.

"Shiiiit." I moaned. "Am I in hell or heaven?"

Adge laughed her head off as Bono moved, reaching over her and out to Edge. "Edge..."

Edge guffawed as he took Bono's hand and squeezed. "That's enough B. You're killing Red."

"It's okay..I'm sure I'll be breathing again any second now." I said faintly. Bono grinned at me over his shoulder and started backing up. His butt was shoved in my face and I cried out. "Bono for god's sake are you trying to kill me!?"

Bono made it to his original spot, grinning like a cat that got the cream. "That's always been my goal...that and to get you in bed..with a bowl of whipped cream and strawberries."

Edge grinned wickedly. "Wow..maybe you should stay with us tonight Red. I'm not sure B will be able to control himself."

Adge snickered. "I can see it now. You'll wake up in the middle of the night with Bono hovering over you with whipped cream all over his chest and a strawberry in his mouth."

"Nugh.." I gurgled.

"See she's already dying." Adge laughed. "I bet you'd love to have that happen wouldn't ya Red?"

"Is that true love?" Bono put his arm around me and sneered.

"Can we change the subject please?" I asked weakly.

"Oh fine." Adge pouted and snuggled up to Edge again. "We have to pick out what you're going to wear tomorrow night. You have to look fabulous. Because if Adam doesn't go for you then there's going to be plenty other available hunks."

"Like yours truly." Bono beamed.

"Yeah sure B." Edge snickered and Bono glared.

"What other hunks?" I asked curiously.

Adge got that sneaky look in her eye again. "Well you like older guys right?"

"Um..yeah." I answered hesitantly, wondering what she was about to say. Edge grinned with unconstrained excitement and I squirmed. "Tell me already!"

She flashed a lightening grin at me as Edge and Bono laughed. "How do you feel about David Bowie?"

:combust::combust::combust:

I'm sorry, the thought of Bono's naked chest with whipped cream and strawberries has taken over my mind, unable to comment right now...

:faint:

:wave: Exit Chapter 5 -

The party was a blast just like Edge said it would be. Bono and I were the first to arrive and I got swept up into the catering. Or more like I butted in, in the kitchen and wouldn't leave. Adge had to come and pull me out by the hair so I could help her get dressed.

Upstairs I walked into Adge and Edge's bedroom and grinned.

"I love this room. It's the best."

"ya think?" Adge grinned.

I walked over to their huge bed and sat down, almost getting swallowed up by it. The walls around me were a sea foam green with cream accents and all the furniture was hand picked by Adge. A beautiful cedar desk was off to the side and covered in a mess of papers, which I fancied were lost U2 songs. Right next to that was their personal guitar collection. They all shone in the low lights and I sighed wistfully.

"God I missed this so much."

"My bedroom?" Adge asked, laughing.

"No! This whole thing. This life."

"It's not hard to miss it. It's the way to live. I'm coming out. Tell me what you think." Adge came out of the closet wearing the most beautiful red dress I've ever seen. The bodice was snug, the waist fitted, and it flared out at the bottom giving the effect of an opening rose. Her skin and hair looked fabulous with the red. She looked radiant.

"You look unbelievable." I gaped.

She twirled and laughed. "Thanks. I wasn't sure if this was the one but now I'm glad I got it. I have one for you too."

"You got me a dress!?"

"Of course. I picked it out just for you so you have to wear it. Come on."

I got up and followed her into the closet. She held up a dress much like the one she was wearing only it was deep green.

"Do you like it?" She asked worriedly when I didn't say anything.

I teared up. "It's so beautiful. Thank you!" We hugged and I hurried to change, anxious to see what it looked like on.

I came out, looking down at myself as I ran my hands over the fabric. It was so soft.

"What do you think?" I asked nervously.

"Love, you're breath taking."

I gasped and looked up. "Adam!"

He smiled and stepped forward hesitantly. My eyes roamed over him. He was wearing a casual dark blue suit that made him look so handsome. I sucked in a deep breath and raised my eyes to his.

"Adam. You look..really good."

"Thanks." He fidgeted, reaching up to where his cigarettes usually are. "Em..you look fabulous."

I laughed. "Thanks."

We both stood, not knowing what to say and staring at each other. I saw something in Adam's eyes that I knew reflected what was in mine. The pain of all of this. It snuck up on me once in a while. And it was torture.

"Why are you here?" I finally asked in a desperate attempt to get him to leave.

"I was invited."

"No. I mean why are you here, in this room?"

He grinned. "Oh. I ran into Adge downstairs. I asked about you..she told me you were up here."

"I see." I said tightly. "So you just walked right in? What if I was still changing? I could have been naked!" I was trying to work up some anger as my only defense. So far I wasn't doing too well of a job.

Adam's eyes twinkled at me above his grin. I held up a hand. "Don't say it. God. I have to get downstairs. Bono, my date, is waiting for me." HA take that!

"Allow me to walk you down." Adam's grin was still in place and I fumed.

"No. Thank you but I think I can manage."

I brushed past him, my dress swishing around my legs as I hurried out and down the stairs. More guests had arrived and the place was filling up. I spotted a few famous people. Annie Lennox was the first one I saw that made me gasp and want to run up and gush all over her. I held myself back when I saw Edge watching me with laughter in his eyes.

The music had started and I grinned when David Bowie's voice blared out. I still didn't believe them that he was actually going to show. Why would he? He was way famous.

Several couples moved out onto the prefab dance floor that Edge had ordered. I spotted Gavin and Cat and grinned. They waved at me from across the room and I waved back enthusiastically and laughed. It was really good to see everyone.

The party was really rocking now. I caught a waiter and grabbed a glass of wine. I sipped as I watched all the happy people mingling.

I saw Adge walk up to Edge and the look of love and lust in his eyes as he surveyed her in her hot dress. They went out onto the dance floor as a slow song started and I smiled softly.

"Excuse me?"

I turned, smiling. "Ye-oh my god!"

Jon Bon Jovi smiled at me. "I was wondering if you'd care to dance?"

"I...I..uh..okay." I stumbled out and took his offered hand.
We danced slowly, he held me close, and my eyes were wide the whole time. When the dance was over he asked me if I would have a drink with him. I accepted a little hesitantly. He led me away and I looked around and caught Adge's eye in the crowd.

She grinned crazily at me and her dance partner, Bono, gave me a thumbs up. I bit back a groan and smiled at Bon Jovi. What had I got myself into now?

He was sweet at first. Complimenting me and showing me attention. Then he asked me if I'd like to go into the bathroom with him to have a snort. I quickly excused myself, saying that Adge needed to see me.

The music had a loud beat to it and I could barely hear my own thoughts. I needed to out of there quick. I slipped into the kitchen, but it was no better in there with the crazy waiters everywhere.

I felt like screaming and I grabbed a glass of water and ran for the back door. Finally. Freedom. I wandered over to the porch swing. It was really dark and I stumbled a few times before I finally made it. I sat down on the swing and sighed happily.

If I had been paying attention at all I would have noticed that I wasn't the only one on the swing, but like I said, it was dark and I was distracted.

"Nice night isn't it?"

I let out a small scream and turned to my left. All I could see was the glowing end of a cigarette and the outline of the man's face and body. I panicked.

"Um..it is nice out." It's some insane guy and he's going to kill me. I thought crazily.

"I love winter nights like this. The clear sky reminds me of when I was a child and walked around under the stars."

I blinked and looked up. "The sky does look nice tonight." I said and shivered.

"You're cold. Here allow me." The smoky voice said and then the swing shifted and before I knew it he was wrapping me up in a coat. I still couldn't see his face clearly and his voice was so familiar but I couldn't place it.

"Oh. You don't have to do that. Really-"

"Take it. I'm used to the cold. I've been out here a while lovely."

I swallowed. "Oh...if you don't mind my asking..why are you out here?"

"The same reason you are I imagine."

"Oh. Did Bon Jovi offer you some cocaine too?"

He laughed and I grinned in the dark. We were both quiet, enjoying the sweet silence.

"The noise gets to me. The chaos. I like the quiet." His voice was so low and soothing. I sighed and let myself relax in the night.

"I know what you mean. Sometimes in the quiet you can really be yourself."

"You understand then." He murmured.

I nodded, then blushed when I realized that he probably couldn't see me.

"I suppose I do."

I looked up at the sky again. "Do you know the lucky couple?" He asked me suddenly.

I laughed. "Edge and Adge? Yeah you could say that. We're old friends."

"You're native to Dublin. Your accent..."

"Yes I am." I turned to him and found it a little weird to be grinning at a shadow. "If you want to know my name you only have to ask you know."

He chuckled. "Oh all right. What's your name chicky?"

I giggled. "Amber. And you don't want to know my last name because it's not worth repeating."

"I beg to differ. Amber. Hmm..I have a pair of amber earrings. They happen to be my favorite."

"Really?" I smiled. "I've always wanted a pair." A violent shiver moved through me. "Geez."

The swing shifted as the man stood. "We should get inside before we turn into icicles."

I nodded and stood. It was even darker now and it was really bugging me about who this guy was. We were almost to the back door and I decided to take a chance.

"Can I ask you your name?"

We stepped into the porch light and the man was illuminated.
I gaped at David Bowie's smiling face.

"My name is David or Dave. Whichever you prefer. And you don't want to know my last name because it's not worth repeating." He grinned at me and my knees started to wobble.

"I beg to differ too! D-David...I..I can't believe I didn't recognize your voice!" I cried out and then blushed.

His eyes danced at me. "And here I thought you were only being kind because you knew me."

"No! I didn't know..." I faded off and gasped. "David Bowie..shit." My teeth started to chatter, but if it was because of excitement or the cold, I couldn't tell.

He reached out and tugged the jacket (David Bowie's jacket!!!) tighter around me and turned to open the door.

The warm air blew over us and we shared a sigh. One of mixed relief and sheer annoyance as the bustling of the kitchen was in front of us once again.

"I didn't realize how cold it is out there." I shivered again and tried to get my brain working again. David BOWIE!!!

"Neither did I." He gave me a look that I couldn't read. I shifted uncomfortably under his gaze.

"What?" I blurted.

"You're as beautiful as your voice." He said this softly and I felt like fainting.

Before I could faint or fall to my knees and kiss his feet, a huge black man came up to us and he didn't look happy.

"Where the fuck you been Boss!? I've been looking for you everywhere!"

He addressed David...God how could I call him that!? Mr. Bowie maybe? David sounded better...Feck.

I stared, a little scared, at the huge guy as he continued to grill David Bowie with questions. David smiled and patted the man's arm.

"Calm down Luke. I was having a smoke in the back and I met Amber. We were chatting." He smiled at me and I told myself to remember to breathe. "How about a drink chicky?"

"I'd love it!" I jumped on the chance to have a drink with him. David fucking Bowie for God's sake!

The next hour passed in a blur. Drinks were flowing freely and so was our conversation. We talked about everything from our childhoods to our families. When David told me he had just gotten out of a relationship I wasn't really all that excited. I knew I didn't stand a chance. David even spun me on the dance floor a few times and I thought that I'd died and gone to heaven. That was when I noticed that he was wearing the amber earrings he'd been talking about outside. I mentioned that and he smiled and said that they really were his favorites.

"Red!" I was sitting quite close to David, talking about our favorite flowers of all things, when Bono bounded up to us.

"Hello Bono." I smiled, pulling away from David when I realized how close our faces had been. I didn't want Bono to get the wrong idea...what was I thinking!?

Bono grinned at us. "Hey Dave! Good to see you mate!"

They shook hands over the table and David eyed him with a frown. "Bono you bastard. You owe me 20 quid."

"Do I? Well I don't have it on me at the moment." He laughed.

"Course you don't." I snorted and David smiled at me.

Bono looked insulted. "Hey Red! You're supposed to be on my side. I'm your date."

I felt David's curious eyes on me and I blushed. Great now he was going to think I was dating Bono and I just got done telling him I wasn't seeing anyone!

"Normally I would be on your side B but seeing as how you owe me money too I'll have to be on David's side. Sorry."

"Maybe I'll have to kick you out then." Bono pouted.

"You wouldn't!" I stared at him wide eyed. I got the feeling that I might have been drinking too much by the level of my voice. Or that could have been because I was going deaf from the blasting music.

"Your arse is in the street." Bono saluted us and sauntered off.

I sighed a tad over dramatically. "Well, I guess I'm homeless tonight."

David sipped at his red wine and eyed me over the rim. "Pity. A beautiful woman like yourself shouldn't be without a place to sleep." His voice held a sensual note that gave me pause. Was he flirting with me?

"Well, I don't really have a choice." I sighed, playing along. Or hoping that we were playing. If he was serious I would be dying. "I guess I could ask Edge for a room here."

"You could. But where's the fun in that?" His hand moved from the table top to my knee in record time and his eyes locked onto mine.

Oh my God. David fucking Bowie is coming onto me!!!!! My mind screamed and jumped around ecstatically while the rest of me tried not to melt on the spot.

"I have an apartment not far from here." He said, his eyes burning and his hand slowly moving up.

I gasped as I tried not to hyperventilate. I wanted to run away like the hounds of hell were on my heels and I also wanted to say YES YES YES!! Instead I smiled, my face feeling like it was stretching to it's limits, and reached down to take his hand off of my knee.

"I appreciate the offer David..but I'm afraid I can't. I'm sorry."

He didn't say anything at first and I grew nervous. I prayed he wasn't angry as I watched him sip his drink. I just didn't feel right going with him. I knew that it wouldn't ever be anything serious and besides..there was always Adam.

"Does this have anything to do with that bloke who hasn't taken his eyes off of you since we started talking?" He spoke calmly and I knew he wasn't angry with me.

"What?" I asked and looked around. "Are you talking about Bono?"

"Mr. Clayton I believe his name is." He smiled and nodded across the room. I followed his gaze. It was true! Adam was leaning on the farthest wall and watching us! What the fuck!?

"I...we..well...it's complicated...but he shouldn't be watching us!" I ended lamely.

"Isn't it always complicated." He smiled and laid his hand on mine. I couldn't help glancing at Adam and I could have sworn I saw his jaw twitch. "Your man is jealous."

"Yeah...wait! He's not my man!" I frowned and then realized I'd just snapped at David Bowie. "Oh my God I'm sorry-"

He laughed. "It's okay!" He stood and offered me his hand. I took it. Then we were standing and he was smiling into my eyes. "I must go now. It's been a pleasure Amber. I do hope that you find what you're looking for." His amused eyes glanced at Adam across the room. He leaned in, bringing his hand up to my hair and brushing it behind my ear as he whispered, "Or whoever you're looking for."

With those parting words and a kiss to my hand, David Bowie walked out of my life..for now. I looked around wildly and groaned. "Oh come on! SOMEONE had to have seen that!!!"

Feeling grumpy I left the party to find a loo and ran into Adge in the hallway. "Hey." She smiled.

I grabbed her shoulders. "OH MY GOD! I met David Bowie!! And he came on to me!!! He asked me to go to his apartment with him!!"

Adge laughed. "Okay Red how much have you had to drink? I told you to stay away from the blue punch didn't I?"

"I'm serious!" I cried out, grinning.

"You look like...what's this?" She reached out and pulled something out of my hair by my ear. She held it up. It was an earring. An amber earring.

"Oh my god." I whispered as I took it.

"Is it yours? Where's the other one?" Adge asked, watching my face.

"It's from him. David.." I thought back to when he'd put his hand in my hair. "Oh my God...I think he has the other one..and he gave me this one."

Adge looked at me and then her jaw gaped. "No fucking way! You're not lying! David fucking Bowie!!?!!?!"

"YES!" I laughed and slipped the earring into my ear.

"He asked you to go to his apartment!?"

"Yes. God it's a miracle." I giggled.

Adge looked worried. "Are you sure you want to go with him? What about Adam?"

"What about him?" I snapped. "He was watching us all night! And he hasn't made a real play for me in years. He doesn't own me."

She sighed. "I know he loves you. He just doesn't know how to approach you."

"I don't want to talk about that now." I noticed a book in Adge's hands and I squinted at the front. "What's that?"

She looked down and smiled. "An old photo album. Some people wanted to see a few pictures of Edge and I."

"Oh." I smiled.

She flipped it open and laughed. "Look." She pointed to a pic of a laughing Edge with Bono hanging all over him. "This is our first time in New York. Do you remember that?"

I looked and grinned. "Yeah. Look how cute we all were."

She laughed and flipped the page. I let out a gasp and she smiled. "I took those when we were walking around. I don't think you even saw me did you?"

"No.." I stared at the pictures of Adam and I holding hands and smiling at each other and my eyes welled up. "Damn it." I wiped my tears while Adge closed the book and hugged me.

"What will you do now?"

"About what?"

"Hello! David Bowie!!!"

I laughed. "Oh that. I told him I couldn't go with him. He left already."

She stared at me like I'd lost my mind. "You are so stupid."

"Hey! A second ago you were reminding about how much Adam loves me!"

"Yeah..but this is David Bowie! I'd do it with him in a second."

"Is that so?"

We both jumped and turned to see a grinning Edge.

"Edge! Um..we were just..uh.."

I laughed. "Forget it Adge. He's got you red handed. I'm off to the loo. Have fun."

A little later I made it back to the party and saw that it hadn't died down at all. I sighed and checked the time. 10:30. Still pretty early for parties. I danced for a while and avoided Adam at all costs. I wanted to have one night of fun before we talked. It had to come sooner or later but not now.

I saw no sign of Edge or Adge and wondered where they'd gone off to. Bono was in a circle of woman like always. Larry was no where in sight. He'd probably left hours ago. I talked with Gavin and Cat for a while before they went off to dance again. I mingled with some other people I'd never met and had some interesting conversations. Most of he people tried to tell me how close they were with U2 and I tried not to grin. If only they knew!

I was getting bored by 11 and went into the kitchen for a snack. It was pretty empty in there. There was only one waiter and he left as soon as I walked in. I shrugged and headed for the refrigerator. I had my hand on the handle and was about to open it when I heard a loud bang and a curse coming from somewhere by the storage cupboard. Or maybe it was coming from inside?

I walked over hesitantly and leaned in to listen.

"Fuck that hurt." Adam!?

"Sorry I didn't see the broom." Adge!?

"My pants are stuck." WHAT!?

"On what?" Adge asked, laughing.

"This fecking..what the fuck is this?"

"I don't know I can't see a bloody thing in here. Let me feel it." There was a brief silence in which I tried not to have a heart attack. "There you're free. You were stuck on a nail."

"There goes this suit." Adam said dryly.

Adge laughed. "Tell me why we're doing this again?"

"Because we were stupid enough to listen to Larry." Adam sighed.

"Feck..it's so stupid."

"Still can't stand me love?"

"Oh Adam you know that's not what it is! This is a totally different issue."

He chuckled. "I know. So..shall we?"

"I don't know. I'm still pissed at you."

I had a flashback to when something like this had happened once during a game of spin the bottle. Adge and Adam had gone into a closet to kiss. I felt okay with it then because I knew it didn't mean anything and if that's what was going on now then I wouldn't freak out. But what the fuck WAS going on!?

:wave: Exit - Chapter 6 :)

"This is stupid." Adge moaned from inside the cupboard. I leaned in more and listened intently.

"Is it? I was under the impression that I'm having the time of my life."

Adam's dry tone made me frown. If they didn't want to be in the closet..then why were they?!

"No offence Ad, but this is not fun. At all."

"I gathered. You know we're not getting out until we make up."

"Yes I know that."

"So?"

"If you're waiting for an apology you're going to be waiting a while. Like forever."

"You were the one who called me a fucking needle nosed wanker!"

Adge snorted. "So I did. That was priceless too."

"The fuck it was."

"Adam, I didn't mean it okay? I was pissed at you..and I still am!"

"Why?!"

"Because you're too chicken shit to talk to Amber! And the both of you are suffering because of it!"

"Let me say this one more time. She doesn't want me! Did you see her out there tonight? She was all over that..that English piece of shit."

"The English piece of shit you happen to be talking about is David Bowie!" Adam was silent. "Oh so now you're not going to talk to me?" More silence. "Fine but I'm going to speak my mind. When Amber left for college you both promised to be together when she got back and don't try to tell me that you don't love her because I'll know that's a crock of shit! Anyway, she's back now. For good. And she's going on tour with us. So you have to DO something about this!"

"Well I can't do anything as long as I'm stuck in here can I?"

"Adam would you be real for one fucking minute! Are you planning on talking to her at all?" I held my breath.

"Yes. I've been trying to talk to her since she got back." He whined and I rolled my eyes. "But a lot has changed. I've changed..and I know she has..things aren't as easy as they were back when we were still together. It's not an easy thing to do."

"Nothing is easy. You have to work for what you want."

"I know..."

Adge snorted and their voices faded off. Enough was enough. I needed to talk to Adam. I grabbed the knob and reached for the lock.

"Hey Red! I was wondering where you went. The party is just heating up."

I released the knob and turned to Bono. He was busy pulling a platter of chicken out of the refrigerator. He filled up a plate with a hungry gleam in his eyes.

"Geez Bono you act like you haven't eaten in weeks."

He looked up with a handful of chicken wings and grinned. "I'm a growing man. I need me meat."

I snorted and glanced at the cupboard. Still silent. Adam and Adge were probably listening and wondering if they should call out for help.

Bono sat at the table with his mile high plate of food. "What're you doing in here anyway? Hungry?" He held out a gravy soaked...something and I eyed it with distaste.

"I think I'll pass." I sat next to him. "I was..um..looking for you."

Bono cocked his head to the side as he watched me. "Do you need me for anything special?"

I shrugged. "Not really. Just wondered where you'd got off too."

"I haven't got off anywhere." He said grumpily.

I blushed and chose to ignore that comment. I was curious if Bono knew about was going on.

I tried to catch his eye and gesture to the cupboard. He looked at me strangely and I stopped, feeling like an idiot.

"Um Red?" Bono had a mouthful of bread as he stared at me with a devious look in his eyes. Does he know then?

"Yes Bono?"

"I'm sorry about earlier. I didn't really kick you out. That was all should for David. I sensed that I wasn't wanted." He winked suggestively and a loud bang came from the cupboard. I glanced at it with wide eyes.

"Oh. Um, thanks." I decided to pretend I hadn't heard anything. "That's really sweet of you to take me back."

Bono snickered silently and I arched a brow. He obviously knew what was going on.

"You have to tell me something love. What do you think of my new sheets?"

What? I stared at him blankly and caught his wink. Oh! He wanted to have a little fun then! "They're wonderful B. But..they're even better with you between them." I purred.

Bono chuckled sensuously. "You're a naughty one Red."

I grinned. "So are you baby. Those strawberries were delicious. I loved eating them off of you. And the chocolate sauce was divine."

Bono was really getting into it now as he ran a hand through his hair and reached for my hand..but...they couldn't see us so why was he touching me?

"What about the whipped cream love?" His husky tone was getting to me and I shifted in my seat. Bono's lips curved. "I thought that was your favorite. That's why I got the..creamiest I could find."

I was practically drooling from this conversation. "Hmm it was wonderful. I especially liked when you dipped my fingers in it and let me spread it all over your-"

"Ahhhhhhh! That's it! I give in!" Adge yelled and started pounding on the door. Laughing, I got up and let her out. She stumbled out, breathing heavily and grinning. "Whipped cream my arse!"

"If that's what you want Adge." Bono leered from the table. "We wouldn't want you to feel left out."

Adge laughed as she sunk into a chair. Adam stepped out of the cupboard, straitening his glasses and smiling thinly.

"I have to say. I've had quite an..odd evening. Reminds me of the old days."

"Yeah it does! Remember when we all went to the carnival?"
Bono began excitedly. Adge and I shared a panicked look. "We went on the Farris wheel and then-"

"Bono shut up!" Adge and I yelled and he sat back, pouting.

Adam started patting the dust off of himself and Bono grinned at him. "Well I can say Adam that you're not the only one to have an odd time tonight."

He caught my eye and I cracked a small smile at him. "Of course not. You and...David seemed to be getting along nicely." He said snidely.

Adge and Bono were watching us avidly. I folded my arms across my chest defensively and shifted.

"Well and how would you know that? Oh that's right. You were watching us the whole bloody time!"

Adam's jaw flinched and I glared.

"Don't mind me." Adge said, reaching for a chicken wing off of Bono's plate. They shared a grin. "Might as well get comfortable eh? I'm not missing this."

Adam glanced at Adge and Bono and stepped closer to me. His eyes pierced me. "I watched you because I couldn't do anything else. I've been wanting to talk to you ever since you got back but you're not giving me the chance!"

"Oh that's not true!"

"Actually it is." Bono spoke up. "I noticed tonight when Adam would try to talk to you, you'd walk the other way. And then-"

"Bono shut it!" Adge said, waving a hand at him. "I want to hear the rest of this."

I looked at Adam. "So..you want to talk?" He nodded. "Then..talk."

He looked shocked. "Here? In front of-"

"Why not? They are as much a part of this as you and I are."

"Yeah we are!" Bono grinned and Adge threatened to smack him.

Adam cleared his throat and stepped closer to me. "Fine. We once said that when you got back we would be together again. I love you...you know that I do. And I've waited..I've not been unfaithful to you and I'd hoped that you'd done the same."

I blinked. "I have Adam. I've been waiting too."

He looked hopeful. "Are we..are we back together then?"

I hesitated. "I want that. But it's been so long. I think we should talk and get to know one another again before we get any more serious."

He looked immensely relieved. "All right. Whatever it takes. I want this to work." His voice cracked adorably.

"I want this to work too."

"I-I've not ever stopped thinking about you." He chocked out.

I blinked back tears. "I've never stopped thinking about you either." We embraced tightly and I inhaled his musky scent. He rubbed his cheek against mine.

"I've missed you so much Am." He whispered in my ear and I shivered.

"I've missed you too Adam."

"Bravo!" Bono clapped. "I've been waiting forever for this!"

"You?" Adge laughed. "What does this have to do with you?"

"A lot! If my friends aren't happy then I'm not happy." Bono got up and came over and held out his arms. "Give me a little sugar honey." I laughed and pulled away from Adam long enough to give him a quick squeeze.

"Hey..way to go brother!" Bono grinned and turned his open arms to Adam. Adam grinned and hugged him briefly.

"Well you two probably want to talk more privately now so we'll leave you alone." Adge said and gave Bono a look that said, 'you better follow me.'

"That's not fair!" Bono pouted. "I want to see the rest! This is the best news since I heard I was going to be an Uncle!" He beamed at Adge. She rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Why don't you guys use one of the rooms upstairs to talk?" Adge offered.

I gave Adam a questioning look and he nodded. "Okay. Thanks Adge." I sighed and hugged her.

"No problem." She smiled as she slung an arm around my shoulders. "Take the third bedroom on the left. That one has the most comfortable bed besides mine and Edge's."

I blushed furiously. "Why would we need a bed?"

Adge grinned. "Come on. I know Adam and I know you. Get the two of you together and fireworks go off."

Adam coughed loudly and I looked at him and saw his embarrassed grin. At least I wasn't the only one.

Bono was snorting with laughter. "Yes have fun the both of you! And be safe!"

I groaned, grabbed Adam's hand and ran out of there with Adge's and Bono's laughter trailing after us.

~~~~~~~~

We went upstairs and found the room pretty easily. As soon as we walked in I gasped. The bed, which Adge had mentioned, was practically the only piece of furniture in there and that was because it took up half the room! Adam and I looked at each other and then at the bed and that was all it took.

Fire works went off as Adge had said they would. We were at each other as if we were starving. Our lips and hands eager to taste and touch as much flesh as possible as clothes were flung in every direction. Adam yanked the covers back on the bed and flung them across the room. I knew that I would have found that funny if I wasn't so turned on. Adam's eyes met mine. He pulled me to him and kissed me deeply.

Laying together some time later, I rolled onto my side and sighed as I pillowed my cheek on Adam's chest. We still fit together as perfectly as we always did.

Adam stretched and groaned and I shifted to get more comfortable. He sighed and raised a hand to caress my hair, smoothing the curls behind my ear. I smiled.

"So, was it much like before do you think?" I asked curiously.
He chuckled, making a deep rumble under my ear. "It was even better."

I grinned. "I think so too."

"Hmm." His hand slowed on my head. "Sorry if it was a bit fast." He said apologetically.

"Are you kidding." I snorted and kissed his chest lightly. "That was fantastic." He laughed and hugged me close to him.

We lay quietly and I listened to Adam's heart beat, letting the rhythm of it lull me to sleep.

"Amber?"

I jerked awake. "What?" I lifted my head and stared blearily at Adam's amused smile. "What's sha smatter?"

"Nothing. I don't think we should sleep here is all."

"Oh." I laid my head back down in relief. "You scared me."

"Sorry Love." He petted my back and I sighed as I melted against him. "We really fucked things up didn't we?"

I tensed. "What do you mean?"

"All the wasted time. It shouldn't have been that way."

I started breathing again and relaxed. "It's not so bad. Actually I think it's good. Because now we know what life is like when we're apart."

"A huge pile of shite?"

I laughed. "That sounds about right."

We held each other, each lost in thoughts of the past and of the future.

"We're really starting over." Adam said suddenly.

"I guess we are. Adam..." I hesitated.

He reached for my hand and squeezed. "What is it love?"

"I..I wasn't entirely honest with you before."

"About what?"

"Well, do you really want to know?"

Adam sighed. "Do you really want to tell me?"

I swallowed. "I think so. Earlier, when I said that I've been thinking about you all the time..that wasn't true. There were a few times, in college, when I lost track of myself and what I wanted."

Adam tensed beneath me. "What are you saying? Did...did you ever...?"

I lifted my head and met his troubled eyes. "Have sex?" He nodded tightly and I sighed. "No. Thank God I wasn't that stupid. But there were a couple close calls." Adam looked away and I panicked. "I..I just thought that you should know. You said we're starting over..I want to be totally honest with you."

He looked back to me and smiled a little. "I did say that. It makes me mad as fuck to hear that other men were even close to you." He tensed up again and gritted his teeth with the effort of calming himself. "But, if you hadn't have told me then I would have been tearing my hair out wanting to know."

I reached up and ran a hand over his buzzed head. "You mean this hair?"

He smiled fully. "Yeah."

I leaned up and kissed him softly. "You are the only one Adam Clayton."

He grinned against my mouth. "Are you sure about that? I noticed you and Larry getting quite chummy lately."

I groaned and flopped onto my back. "Again with Larry! Will that ever die?"

"I doubt it love. It's much too fun to see the two of you suffer." He was laughing, shaking the bed with his mirth.

I sat up, enraged, and used my pillow to whack his head. "I love you too!"

~~~~~~~~~~

"We have a problem." I said, coming out of the loo and Adam looked up from buttoning his shirt.

"What's that?"
"I can't find my underwear." I looked around with narrowed eyes. "Where'd we fling them too?"

"I don't know. The lamp?" He chuckled at my horrified gasp. I checked all the lamps.

"Nope they're not there. Where could they be!?"

"Do you really need them?"

I laughed incredulously. "Of course I do! God could you imagine Adge coming in here to clean and finding them on the ceiling fan or something?" Adam looked up and my panicked eyes followed. Thankfully the fan was underwear free.

"Well I'm not leaving without them. Where in the hell are they..." I moved to check the room over once more.

"Wait love." Adam slipped his jacket on and grinned roguishly.

I gaped at him. "Did you take my underwear!?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

He shrugged. "I wanted something to remind me of tonight."

I made a face. "That's...gross and weird...and kinda sweet." I held out my hand.

He sighed. "Do I have to give them back?"

"Let me put it this way. If you don't give them back then you wont ever get to take them off of me again."

He grinned and pulled my missing underwear out of his jacket pocket. I took them back with a glare. "Since when do you have an underwear fetish anyway?"

"Since I was denied my other fetish." He grinned wickedly at my blush and gave me a quick kiss.

"That's not amusing. Besides, I told you I would do...that."

He laughed. "Oh yes. And all I have to do is marry you first."

I grinned. "Bet your ass you do. That's all it would take. I'd be happy to do..whatever you want. After we're married." I winked as I pulled my underwear up under my skirt.

Adam eyed me hungrily and checked his watch as he slipped it on. "I wonder if there's an all night jewelry store around here?"

~~~~~~~~~~~

We finally made it back downstairs. I was a little embarrassed because I knew that it was only too obvious what we'd been doing. I was nervous about how we'd be received. We met up with everyone in the kitchen. They all grinned at us and I blushed.

"The happy couple returns!" Adge cried out.

Bono made it to us first and pulled me to him. "So, how was it? Are you sure he's what you want?" He pouted. "Can Adam give you what I can love?"

"Yes B it was fantastic." I fought back a giggle. "Adam is the one I love and gives me all I need."

Adge laughed as Adam pulled me to him for a kiss. "Now that's what I like to see!"

"I'm happy for the both of you." Edge smiled.

"Edge!" I grinned after detaching myself from Adam's face. "Thanks. I feel like we've barely seen you all night."

"I was taking care of our guests. Who, by the way, are all out of our hair and on their way to their own beds."

"Edge you're awesome." Adge walked up and kissed him soundly.

He grinned when they pulled apart. "I do what I can."

Bono chuckled and moved off to grab a drink. He offered us all one. "Who're you kidding Reg. You're The Super Edge!" We all laughed.

"Well it's been some party." I sighed and leaned back into Adam's arms.

Adge groaned as she arched her back. "God yeah. I thought it would never end. I'm exhausted." Edge stood behind her, massaging her lower back and making her sigh in relief.

"It was a larger turn out then I thought. We got quite a few stars. That surprised me." Edge said as Adge groaned with his hands still on her.

"Why should that surprise you The Edge? U2 is fantastically fucking famous too." Bono crowed.

Edge grinned and shook his head. "Whatever B."

"I'm about ready to fall over." Adam yawned right next to my face. I hurriedly pulled away from him. He looked at me in surprise. "What?"

I smiled sweetly. "I don't want to be in your arms if you fall over. I bruise easily."

He laughed and pulled me back. I went happily. "I promise to give you plenty of warning."

"I'm so tired I could sleep standing up." Adge caught Adam's yawn.

"I'm already sleeping standing up." Bono was next to give a jaw cracking yawn.

Edge was next. "God stop the madness." He groaned and leaned his chin on Adge's shoulder as he blinked owlishly.

Adge reached up to stroke his stubbly cheek and his eyes slipped closed with a sigh. "I think we're all ready for bed." She whispered. We all agreed wholeheartedly. We got our coats and met again by the door for a last goodnight.

"There's one thing I'm curious about." Edge said as he ran a hand over his weary face.

"What's that honey?" Adge asked softly as she slipped an arm around his waist.

Edge looked thoroughly puzzled as he blinked down at her. "Why is there a crack in the cupboard door?"

This chapter was edited a bit so leave your email if you'd like the unedited version. I'll be sure to send it :)

WithOrWithOutE said:
Sorry! :lol: I guess there's a lot of Bono fans around.

Well maybe I can work something out :wink:

:tongue: yea!

:giggle: you've been neglecting Bono in the story pretty much... doesn't he deserve some love?

:wave: Exit Chapter 7

That night I stayed with Adam. At his house. In his bed. That whole thing was weird. I wasn't used to sleeping with someone else and kicked him pretty hard a couple times in the night. He didn't seem to mind as he murmured sleepily that it was all right and we got back to spooning.

The next morning I woke up with a small hangover and Adam didn't want to wake up at all. I tried to shove him awake but he only snorted and rolled over, giving me a scrumptious view of his backside.

I didn't have much time to admire the view though. I was due at Adge's house in a half hour to help clean up the party mess. I'd promised to pitch in the night before and I couldn't back out now.

I grabbed a quick shower and pulled on some sweat pants and a sweatshirt. Adam was still sleeping when I checked on him so I scribbled a quick note and left. I made it to Adge's house in no time flat.

"Hello?" I knocked. No one answered and I reached out and opened the door. I was surprised that it was unlocked. Frowning, I moved through the front hall cautiously.

"Hello? Anyone home?" I called nervously.

"Heya."

I jumped. "Geez Edge! You scared me."

He grinned as he scrubbed his hair dry with a towel. "Sorry I thought you saw me."

I eyed his bare muscular chest and the sweat pants that were slung low on his hips. "Damn Edge." I said weakly, feeling a sudden hot flash coming on.

He raised his brows and looked down at himself. "What?"

I giggled. "Are you trying to tell me you don't know how hot you look?"

He flushed lightly and shrugged. "Adge keeps telling me so. And now you as well."

It was my turn to flush. He smiled. "Yeah well. It's true. Anyway, I'm here to clean. Put me to work doing anything. I came prepared."

Edge grinned. "Oh yeah?"

"Fuck." I laughed. "I didn't mean it that way."

He smirked. "I'm sure you didn't." He started down the hall motioning for me to follow. "Adge is in the shower now. She said for us to start wherever."

We entered the living room and I whistled. "Crap. This place is a sty."

"I know. It's a wreak." He toed an empty beer can and curled his lip. "People are pigs."

"Definitely. I think I'll start in here. Maybe you could take the hallways?"

He sighed. "Sure. Why not. All the cleaning supplies are in the kitchen. If you need me just holler."

I nodded. "Will do."

I rolled up my sleeves and got to work. But first I put on The Joshua Tree record, hoping that no one would mind. I hadn't really taken the time to listen to it yet. I shoved old cans, empty bags, cigarette butts, and old plates of food into a huge garbage bag.

I vacuumed and dusted every surface until the room shone brightly. I stood back with a triumphant smile.

"Looks great."

I jumped for the second time that morning. "Adge! God why is everyone sneaking up on me today."

She brushed her hair back and smiled as she looked around. "It looks really good in here. Nice job."

I beamed. "Thanks."

"I came in earlier to check on you but you looked busy..singing Bullet the Blue Sky into the vacuum handle." She grinned, her eyes sparkling.

"Uh yeah..well..I was...oh feck. So I was singing into the vacuum. Like you haven't done it."

"Haha. Yeah I know how that goes." She walked over to pull the curtains back. "I think we're almost done. Just the bedroom left."

"Oh my god." I smacked my forehead. "I totally forgot. I'll clean that room we used." I blushed when I thought of what had happened in there.

Adge snorted dryly. "Yeah you will. What did you think..that I was going to clean it? I don't think so Red."

Later, after finally finishing cleaning, Edge, Adge, and I were lounging in the living room with fresh cups of tea.

I sat by the fireplace soaking up the heat. Edge and Adge spooned on the couch, looking all cute and cozy.

I sighed as I leaned my head back. "This is nice."

"Hmm Mmm." Adge yawned and Edge placed a kiss on her neck. I started to drift, my head nodding. I jerked awake.

"Wow. I should get going before I pass out."

"So soon?" Edge asked, blinking at me.

Adge frowned. "Yeah you just got here."

I checked my watch and grinned. "Guys I've been here four hours. I'm surprised Adam hasn't called. Unless he's not even up yet." I rolled my eyes.

Edge laughed. "Sparky does love his sleep. Oh that reminds me, we have to remember to take a good supply of spoons on tour with us." Adge and I stared blankly at him.

"What the hell? Wait. Never mind. Maybe I don't want to know." I said dryly. Edge grinned and I started to leave. "Oh wait. Adge I wanted to ask you. Why were you and Adam in the cupboard anyway?"

She looked grumpy. "Because that git Larry shoved us in there and wouldn't let us out!"

I was surprised. "But why-"

"She's not telling you the whole story." Edge interrupted. Adge lifted her head to glare at him but he seemed unfazed as he went on. "She and Adam were not getting along and Larry got tired of listening to their bickering so he shoved them in and said he wouldn't let them out until they made up." He sighed. "And, both of them being stubborn as they are, refused to make up so he left them there."

"Thanks a lot Edge." Adge pouted.

Edge sat up a little to kiss her softly. "I love you Adrienne." He whispered against her lips.

She sighed and wrapped her arms around his shoulders to pull him closer.

"Uh..I think I'll just go now." I inched my way towards the door. They were really making out now and I flushed. "God. I'm so out of here. See you guys later!" I heard a moan while in the hall and I cursed and ran the rest of the way.

~~~~~~~~~~

I drove home smiling, thinking about Adge and Edge's relationship. They were so happy together and after nearly five years of being married they were as mad about each other as they'd been on their wedding day. And they had a little Edge on the way.

I was grinning as I pulled into Adam's driveway but my grin leaked away when I saw Larry's bike parked by Adam's car. I groaned.

"Feck what is he doing here?"

I went inside, feeling a little weird about not knocking but I was staying there so what was the point?

The house held a chill from the freezing temperature outside. Clicking on the heater, I ran my hands together and glanced around. The house was silent but it couldn't be empty. Wandering down the hall I made my way to the kitchen to make some tea to warm me up.

"Bullshit Ad. You're feeding her nothing but lies and you're going to break her heart in the end."

I froze at Larry's voice.

"This is different." Adam said cooly. "This is Amber. I love her, she returns those feelings. That's a major difference from Jane."

Larry snorted in disgust. "You think I don't know how Jane feels about you? Well I do. She all but told me when she broke it off. And the way she tells it, you and her were getting close. Very close."

Jane and Adam? I sucked in a shocked breath and stumbled back and hit the wall. I flinched and hoped it wasn't loud enough for them to hear.

"Lar it was nothing like that. She came on to me. I tried to be gentle and brush her off but she's an aggressive bitch."

Larry growled. "Don't call her that. I wont have you insulting the woman I love."

Adam cursed. "Love? Christ. How can you love a woman who's in love with your best mate?" Larry was silent and I could picture him fuming with anger. Adam's loud sigh echoed back to me. "Listen. I am your best mate aren't I?"

"Yes." He answered gruffly.

"And you're my best mate." Adam's voice softened. "You know me. Think about it. Would I do that to you?"

"I don't know."

"Honestly?"

"No. I honestly don't think you would." He admitted grudgingly. "But Jane-"

"Forget about her! She's feeding you lies. You deserve someone better."

"I guess I do." He sighed.

"You do. Let her go Lar."

I shifted and hesitated. Should I make myself known now? This was a private conversation between friends though and I had no place in it. At least now I had an idea about why Adam and Larry had been acting so coldly toward one another.

"You okay?" Adam asked, his voice muffled. Probably by a cigarette.

"Sure..I will be. Fuck. I'm shit at this love business."

"Nah. You just haven't found the right woman yet. I picture you with someone who's tough. Someone who can handle your shit."
Larry grunted. "She doesn't exist."

Adam chuckled. "Well you could always switch sides. Bat for the other team. Order a sausage without the bun. Take a-"

"I fucking get it! And I'm not going to turn poof, you big fruit."

Adam laughed. "You can't blame a bloke for trying can you love?"

Larry snorted. "Wanker."

I smiled and slowly backed down the hall to the front door. Out in my car I sat and thought of Jane. I felt bad for her. Falling in love with a man you couldn't have was something I could only imagine and didn't even want to do that.

"Hey Red!" Larry rapped on my window.

I grinned and rolled it down. "Hey Lar. What're you doing here?"

He smiled. "Adam and I had a few things to go over. About work you know..." He shifted uncomfortably, obviously not wanting to tell me the truth.

"That's nice. Did you get everything worked out?"

He glanced to the porch, where Adam was jumping from foot to foot in his robe, trying to stay warm. "You could say that." He laughed. "I've got to get going."

"Okay. See you around." I smiled, hoping he wasn't too mad at me anymore.

He mounted his bike and flashed me a grin as he pulled on his helmet. I grinned back, pleasantly surprised. I waved at him as I got out and closed my door.

"See ya!" He yelled over the roar of his engine and sped off. I watched him go.

"Love would you mind coming inside before I freeze my balls off!?" Adam shouted from the porch.

I laughed and raised my eyes to the heavens. "Oh God we wouldn't want that to happen. No. We certainly wouldn't."

~~~~~~~~~~~

I moved my things out of Bono's and into Adam's house that night. I asked Adam again and again if he was sure and he said that we'd already spent enough time in separate beds and he didn't want to waste one more second. How could I argue with that?

The next week I spent making arrangements and getting used to living with Adam. I called to cancel the shipment of my belongings to the states. I called my Aunt next and did my best to explain. She was disappointed but she understood that this was something I couldn't pass up.

After a few phone calls, several meetings with Paul and the band, and the signing of my contract, I was officially named U2's chef/nutritionist. It was an awesome feeling and I couldn't have been happier.

The next day was Adam's and my day to spend together at home. We were relaxing, curled up on the couch and watching old corny romance movies.

"So it's really all official? I'm really the chef?" I asked for about the hundredth time since it happened.

Adam laughed. "Yes. For the hundredth time. YES!"

I grinned and laid my head against his shoulder. "I'm just making sure that I'm not dreaming."

"Would you like me to pinch you to be sure? I know just what I'd like to pinch." He reached down and I gasped and wiggled away.

"Adam don't!" I scrambled off of him.

"You can't escape me." He leered as he stood and crouched. He watched my every move, ready to attack at a moments notice.

"Okay that's not funny. You know I hate it when you chase me." I cowered and Adam immediately relaxed and stood.

"Sorry Love. I didn't mean--Oof!"

I cackled as I hit him again with the couch cushion before bouncing away.

"Oh that's it. You're in for it now." He grinned evilly as he straightened his glasses.

I shot him a saucy grin as I flung the cushion into the air. It hit him square in the face. He grunted and stumbled back.

"Oh yeah! What are you going to do now Sparky?" I taunted.

He growled and started after me with the cushion raised. I squealed and ran. He snorted with laughter as he chased after me.

"You can run but you can't hide woman! Remember, I know where you live!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The last minute plans for the tour sucked up a lot of time and two whole weeks went by. Things just got more chaotic with every day. I sat in on a few meetings, setting out the meal itinerary. The guys went over it again and again until they were satisfied.

During the other meetings Adge and Paul put out the itinerary for the hotels and venues that U2 would be going to. And then there was the set and equipment to worry about. By the end of the two weeks I'd taken in enough information to choke a cow.

On the last days Paul handed out the second draft of the itinerary and I bit back an irritated groan.

"Do you have something to say Red?" Edge asked, as he was sitting next to me and probably heard the heavy sighs I let out every minute or so.

"No. Not a thing." I smiled wearily.

"Yes she does. She's about to pass out among the pile of papers she's buried in." Adam came to my defense. He looked about as tired as we all felt. "And I've got quite the pile myself."

"It's all part of the job." Paul reminded him sympathetically.

"Mate, we haven't even left Dublin yet and you're already complaining?" Larry looked annoyed.

Adam raised a brow and spoke cooly. "Yes. Have you got a problem with that?"

"Not if you keep your mouth shut." Larry grumbled.

"What the fuck-"

"Stop arguing guys." Adge sighed and rubbed at her temples. "This is hard enough without all the bickering back and forth."

"I agree. We need to pull together not apart." Edge put his two cents in.

"I think that's a fine plan." Bono agreed softly.

I eyed him with concern. The past weeks he'd been unnaturally quiet and I could tell he'd lost weight. I hadn't seen him like this since...my thoughts trailed off and I stared at him in alarm. Was it possible? Was Bono in love? But..with who?

Adge smiled at Bono and Edge thankfully. "Thanks guys. So Paul, will Brian be showing up today?"

"Not today." He shuffled some papers. "He's dealing with some family issues."

"Right. What about Danny?"

"Due to arrive Tuesday."

Adam perked up. "Does that mean what I think it means?"

"We get to have the weekend off?" I asked hopefully.

We all looked desperately to Paul. "Right. The whole weekend off." He said quickly.

"Thank God." Bono moaned as he stretched in his chair.

"Is the meeting over then?" Edge asked. Paul nodded and we were all up and out of there in record time.

Bono was the first one outside and Adge nudged me along with a pointed look. I nodded and ran after him.

"Bono!"

He turned and smiled. "Hey Red."

"Hey. We're getting together tonight at Edge's. You're coming right?"

Bono grinned. "Wouldn't miss it. What time?"

"Seven." He nodded and turned to go. "Bono?"

He turned back. "Yeah?"

"Are you okay?" Edge and Adge's laughter rang out somewhere behind us with their private humor and I stepped closer to Bono.

He wrapped an arm around me and smiled devilishly. "Why love? Can't stand to be without me?"

"No. Well yeah. That's not what I mean." I looked at him worriedly. "Are you okay Bono? I mean really."

He sighed and wrapped me in his arms. More for my own comfort then for his. I laid my head on his shoulder and sighed.

"I'm going to be just fine Am. You don't worry about me. You've got your hands full with Sparky. You worry about that."

I laughed weakly. "Yeah I do. Thanks for reminding me."

"Any time." We pulled apart and shared a smile.

"Hey love birds! Save it for the bedroom would ya!?" Edge called out, grinning from his car window as he slowed next to us.

Adge grinned around him. "Yeah guys. Geez next thing we know you'll be sucking face."

I laughed and Bono flipped them off as they drove away. They honked at the corner and we waved.

Larry pulled up on his bike. "I wont be able to make it tonight. I've got..plans."

I raised an eyebrow but didn't push it. "Okay." I smiled.

"See you around then." Bono said cheerfully. Larry nodded and drove off. "Looks like he's not pissed at you anymore." Bono observed.

"Yeah thank God."

"Hey Am! Are we planning on leaving before the weekend is over?!" Adam hollered from his car a few spaces away. I flipped him off causally and he grinned. "You know that romantic shit doesn't work on me! Get your fine ass over here!"

I sighed and turned to Bono. "My Prince awaits."

He stared at me sadly. "And to think, you could have had it all if you'd only chosen me instead."

"What a fool I am right?" I laughed when Bono nodded. "Well he does have his good moments. Now, if only I could experience one for myself."

We shared a wicked grin. "See you tonight B."

He winked. "See ya Red. Keep my seat warm for me."

"Okay. Get that hot Irish arse of yours over here!"

:wave: Hey everyone! I kinda rushed on this chapter so sorry if there's any misspellings or anything. Enjoy! :)

Exit - Chapter 8

"Freeedom!!!" Bono shouted hoarsely from Adge and Edge's balcony with his arms wide and his smiling face upturned to the starry sky. I laughed at him.

"Cheers!" Adge raised her glass as she joined us. Bono grinned at her over his shoulder.

"Hey that better be water." I gestured to her glass.

She smirked. "It's sparkling water actually." Adge stood next to Bono, looking out over the city lights. "It's really a beautiful night."

Bono wrapped an arm around her and sighed into her hair. "Love, tonight is one of the nights that dreams are made of."

"What kind of dreams?" Adge asked on a sigh of her own.

"Any kind you can imagine. I myself prefer fantasy."

She laughed. "I bet you do."

"Nothing wrong with a little fantasy...as long as you use it right." He winked down at her.

I was still trying to figure out what that remark could mean, when Edge and Adam joined us.

"I say she was totally flirting with us!" Adam insisted while Edge was shaking his head. "How can you say no? I mean come on, when someone offers to give you a discount in that voice..that's got to mean something."

Edge rolled his eyes. "Why though? She probably recognized us and wanted to do us a favor."

"More like do us if you get my meaning." Adam said with a cheeky grin.

"The alley cats five miles away get your meaning Sparky." Adge said dryly. She looked back and forth between our men. One of whom was looking a little shifty. "What's this about someone wanting to do you a favor?" She asked her husband. He shifted the bag of take out Chinese in his arms and cleared his throat. I bit the inside of my cheek to keep from laughing. Edge was just too cute.

"It's nothing really. A woman at the restaurant-"

"Jessica." Adam put in helpfully. Or most likely unhelpfully as I saw it. I glared at him and his grin faded to a 'oh crap said too much look.'

Edge tossed him a glare of his own. "Yes, Jessica, offered to give us a bit of a discount..and eh she wanted us to come into the back with her. We turned her down of course."

"Of course." Adge smirked. "Relax Edge. You're starting to sweat. Don't worry I'm not going to go crazy pregnant wife on you. I trust you."

He deflated in relief and smiled much more cheerfully as we went down to eat. Adam tried to put his arm around me once we reached the kitchen.

I stepped away from him and tossed my hair. "Oh I see how it goes. You want to be all cozy with me now that you've left Jessica." He laughed. "I'm not kidding." I folded my arms and glared. "I bet you were drooling all over that woman. Weren't you?"

"Eh..." Adam rubbed the back of his neck and looked to Edge for help.

"You're on your own with this one mate." Edge grinned around a bite of egg roll. Adge and Bono sat down, watching us and starting in on a huge bowl of hot and sour soup.

Adam looked at me with desperate eyes. "Eh...well she wasn't all that pretty." It was the worst attempt ever and I couldn't help but laugh.

"You are so pathetic you know that?"

He grinned. "Yeah but I'm still the man you love."

I sat down, not responding, and helped myself to an egg roll from a smiling Edge.

Adam sat down next to me and frowned. "I'm the man you love aren't I?"

"She's thinking about it." Adge said, greedily filling her plate.

Bono watched her plate getting higher and higher. His eyes widened. "Geez Adge. Save some for the rest of us."

"Hey I'm eating for two here."

"Two what? Elephants?"

Adge narrowed her eyes at him and pointed an egg roll right at his nose. He went crossed eyed as he attempted to look at it. "Bono..don't make me use this."

He swallowed audibly. "Use it how?"

"I have my ways." She grinned evilly and his eyes widened.

"I don't know what I was saying love. Have as much as you want." He said hastily. She smirked at him as she bit into the roll and he wiped his forehead. "Close call that was. We can always send Adam out for more later. I'm sure he misses his girlfriend. What's her name?"

"Jessica." Edge said perkily. "Maybe she'll offer to give you another discount Adam."

"Fuck off."

"Haha is that what she said?" Adge snickered.

Adam groaned and banged his head on the table. We all shared a hearty laugh.

Things were quiet as we slurped and munched in the peaceful night. It was certainly relaxing. Much better then getting piles of papers thrown at us every two seconds.

"It's hard to believe that we'll be leaving in one week." Adge said, sipping on her green tea.

"So much still to do." I sighed.

Bono groaned. "Lets not think about that now. Think of all the fans who are looking forward to seeing us. We'll be giving them the experience of a lifetime."

Edge smiled wistfully. "Lets hope so. That reminds me." He turned to Adam. "I got your bass in today."

Adam grinned excitedly. "Fuck yes. Where is she?"

"Upstairs." Edge returned his enthusiasm. "I was looking at her Ad. She's a real beauty."

"What are we waiting for? Lets go see the lady." They stood.
"Wait!" Adge dug around in one of the take out bags and came out with two fortune cookies. "It's bad luck to leave without opening them."

Edge smiled and took his. He cracked it open and gently pulled the paper out.

"What's it say?" Bono asked when Edge laughed.

"It says, 'good fortune is on your side. Look to the East for what it is that your heart seeks."

We all looked to the east. Right at Adge.

"Well we already knew that!" I grinned. "Hey, did you rig that Adge? Cause that's a little creepy."

She shrugged. "What can I say. I'm a woman of many talents."

"I'll say." Edge leered playfully. Adge laughed and flung a bag at him.

"Ad what does yours say?" I asked curiously. He was quiet and still staring at the little piece of paper in his hands.

"What? Oh nothing interesting. These things are so generic anyway." He crumpled it and tossed it over his shoulder.

"Edge's wasn't." Bono pointed out as he tore into his. He held his up and cleared his throat. "Love is flying on it's golden wings. Don't look away for love wears many masks and you may miss your chance."

We were all quiet. Adge and I shared a look. Bono laughed weakly. "Well I guess you're right Ad. Nothing but crap."

Adam and Edge left to go upstairs and Bono suggested that we move into the living room and have a cozy fire.

While Bono busied himself building it I went and got us some drinks. Coming back I tried to talk to Adge but it was difficult given that I wanted to talk about the third person in the room. I gestured to him and mouthed, "He's not any better."

Adge watched him intently and gave me a knowing look. We both knew that something was wrong with him. Could it be love? Only time would tell.
~~~~~~~~

"Really B. That can't be right. I think you're cheating again."

"I am not!" He pouted. "Aphonopelma is a word! It's the name of a spider or something. Edge was just talking about it the other day."

Searching the scrabble board with narrowed eyes was no use. I sat back with a sigh. "Fine I'll give you that, but that's the last one! Use only real words now would you?"

He grinned. "That is a real word. But I'm tired of playing anyway. Why don't we snuggle by the fire?"

"Uh.." I glanced towards the stairs. "Adam and Edge should be down any time. Where are they?"

"They've got a new toy. It'll be hours before we see them again." He got up and took my hand. "Come on. I'll make it worth your while." He teased with a smile.

I sighed, not really seeing any harm in it, and let him pull me to my feet. "Okay but just until Adge gets back."

Adge had left a little while ago to answer the phone. It turned out to be her Mum wanting to talk about the baby so who knew how long that conversation would take. Not long I hoped.

I moved to sit down a chair.

"Wait. I've got a better idea." Bono grinned as he gathered the couch cushions and piled them on the rug before the fire. He laid down, propped himself up and an elbow and grinned up at me. "This is much better." He patted the small space next to him and smiled invitingly.

I sighed as I laid down. Bono wrapped his arms around me and buried his face in my hair with a sigh. Okay this isn't so strange. I thought as I held myself a little stiffly. Bono is a really touchy kind of person. I shouldn't be alarmed.

"Um..Bono-"

"Shh. Enjoy the quiet and the crackle of the fire. Relax." Bono nudged my hair back and kissed just below my ear. My eyes widened. "Can you hear it love? Can you feel the heat?" He shifted his body so it aligned more snuggly against mine and I gasped a bit.

"Bono what are you doing?"

"Having a little fun is all." Bono's voice was muffled as his lips traveled slowly down my throat. His mouth was soft and moist. His stubble tickled and burned and I gasped as I pulled away.

"Stop it! Crap. What the fuck are you doing?!" I hissed and Bono grinned.

"Do you really want me to stop love?"

"Yes!" I said shakily.

Bono's eyes dilated in the firelight. "It doesn't sound that way to me." His lips were back to my neck. "Let yourself go Am. Let me take you away to another place."

My eyes fluttered closed, my head falling back, then they popped open again. "What the fuck!" I yanked away and scrambled to my feet. Bono blinked at the spot where I'd just been and looked up.

"What's the matter Red?"

"What's the matter!?" I was angry and confused. "You. You were just...what were you doing?"

Bono smiled slowly. "Just being friendly."

I chocked on a laugh. "Yeah I think that was a little more then friendly."

"What was a little more then friendly?" Adge asked as she came in with a bowl of popcorn. She laughed at Bono. "B what are you doing down there?"

He grinned and sat up. "Trying to get comfortable. Red refuses to join me." He pouted innocently. "She wont say why either."

I gaped. "YOU...YOU...BASTARD!" I stormed off.

Slamming into the kitchen made me feel a little better. But I couldn't go out to face Bono just yet. He was such a wanker! What did he think he was doing anyway?

Edge's laughter broke into my angry thoughts. He and Adam walked in, both practically glowing.

"That must be some bass guitar." I said in amusement.

Adam grinned. "You wont believe how hot it is. You have to see it."

I grinned. "I will." Adam slung an arm around Edge and grinned toothily at him.

"Edge here is my best mate for getting it for me."

Edge flushed lightly. "It wasn't that big of a deal."

I snorted. "Wow guys. If I didn't know better I'd be questioning just what you were doing upstairs."

Edge's eyes widened with guilt. Adam sighed. "We couldn't hide it forever love." He told Edge sadly.

He blushed. "No I guess not." He looked down. "Don't tell Bono. He'll be so jealous."

I laughed. "Okkaaaayy? I might have fallen for that five years ago but not now guys."

They gave up the act and laughed with me.

"Where did Bono and Adge disappear too?" Edge asked as he opened an ale and handed us all one.

"They're in the living room..." I gasped and slammed my drink on the counter. "You guys please stay in here! I just remembered...uh..I really need to talk to Bono and Adge alone. I'll be back!!"

I booked it out of there and ran down the hall, almost breaking my neck on the way. I burst into the living room in time to see Adge getting up from the couch looking flustered.

As I got closer I saw that Bono was sprawled out on the couch with his hair spread out over the cushions. His half lidded eyes followed Adge around the room and his lips turned up into a sexy smile. I tried not to swallow my tongue.

Adge looked at me and tried to smile. "I..I think I'll just go get something to drink."

"Me too!" I said hurriedly. I wasn't about to be left alone with Mr. Pervy.

On the way to the kitchen we passed Adam and Edge.

"What's the matter?" Edge asked his pale wife. Adge looked at him blankly.

"I'm fine. There's nothing wrong with me! Quit pestering me!" She pushed past him. I stared at Edge's confused face.

"Hormones you know. It's fine." I left a very confused Edge with Adam and rushed on.

In the kitchen Adge was pacing and pulling at her hair. "Oh no. God this can't be happening! It's deja fucking vu!"

I was alarmed. "What is it?"

Adge turned to me with wild eyes. "BONO! He just..." She moaned. "I think he loves me again. Or maybe he never stopped...oh my god you don't think he's loved me this whole time do you? It's been five years!"

I pulled out a chair. "Sit. And then start from the beginning. So something just happened in the living room?"

She sat and took a deep breath before looking at me. "He was all over me and kissing me...whispering shit in my ear that made me turn to jello. I don't really remember much..just his voice...oh god." She covered her face.

"Okay..I'm not sure what Bono is up to but I don't think he loves you."

She looked up hopefully. "You don't?"

"No. For one thing if he loved you then would he have come on to me too?"

"What!?" Adge gaped and stood up. "Are you kidding?"

I leaned against the counter and smiled grimly. "Nope. He did something just like he did to you..only we were on the floor before the fire."

"But..why? It doesn't make sense." She stared pacing again.

"Maybe Bono sees us both in relationships and he wants that for himself?"

"He wants what we have?" She rubbed her temples. "That makes sense. In Bono fucking land! God. If he wants to have a relationship he should find someone of his own. Not try to steal us away from Edge and Adam."

"Maybe this is really a call for help. He's trying to get our attention.."

Adge snorted. "How about just saying, 'hey Adge I could use some help' That's way better then groping me on the couch!"

I laughed. "I know! But he's a guy. What can we expect."

She sighed. "What Bono needs is a woman."

"Yeah but who?"

"Hmm. I've got it." A twinkle came into her eyes that I hadn't seen in a while and I grinned.

"Oh yeah. I see a plan in the works."

She smiled. "Maybe. Just maybe."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adge practically kicked Bono out soon after and Adam and I were getting ready to leave a while later. Adam helped me into my coat at the door.

"Edge before I forget..what's a Aphonopelma? Bono used it in scrabble and I didn't believe him that's it's really a word."

Edge looked surprised but pleased. "Bono used that? I guess he does listen to me. Well, it's a type of tarantula. There's about 90 species that have been found and described, but many, if not most, of these are inadequately studied and very little is known about them. Most are large and, like other New World tarantulas, they have urticating hairs. Most are docile in captivity. The taxonomy is poorly understood and species are difficult to tell apart, especially those that are brown or black without other pattern. Interestingly while in captivity they will eat crickets, it's rumored that they start with the eyes-"

"Okay! Thanks Edge."

Adge grinned and petted Edge's stomach. "Isn't he a genius?"

"Yeah, yeah." Adam grumbled and we all laughed.

"So I'll see you tomorrow around noon?" I asked Adge.

She nodded. Edge looked at her. "What are you woman planning now?"

I giggled. "Nothing."

"Real smooth Red." Adge rolled her eyes.

"Sorry. I'm rusty at this."

"Rusty at what?" Adam asked sleepily. He'd almost fallen asleep on the couch earlier.

"Nothing."

"What's going on?" Edge asked, looking at us with narrowed eyes.

"Yeah I'd like to know that too." Adam growled grumpily. "Is this going to get any of us in trouble?"

I glanced at Adge. "Um...no I don't think so..maybe."

Edge laughed. "How reassuring."

"It's nothing for you men to worry about." Adge smiled sweetly. "It has to do with love issues."

Edge looked panicked. "Oh shit. It's not about our anniversary is it? I've got that all planned out so you don't have to do a thing."

Adge sighed and took his hand. "It's okay. Breathe. It's not about our anniversary. It's something else."

"Fuck." Adam turned to me. "Happy three week anniversary love."

"Idiot." I mumbled and took his hand. "See you guys!"

"Bye!" Edge and Adge called as they closed the door behind us.
We hurried to the car in the freezing night air.

"Shit. So cold." I chattered as Adam started the engine and blasted the heater.

He sighed as we pulled onto the road. "I can't feel my ass."

I laughed. "I'll make you a deal. You get us home in ten minutes or less and I'll warm it up for you."

"Deal." He flashed me a grin and pressed on the gas.

I stared out the window and felt my eyes drooping. It had been a long day.

"Babe?" Adam laid a hand on my thigh. I yawned and turned to him.

"Hmm?"

"Did something happened tonight that I should know about?"

That cleared the fog in my brain and I sat up a bit straighter. "I don't think so." I tried for casual. "Why do you ask?"

He smiled at me. "Oh nothing. You were just acting strangely around Bono. Is he bothering you?"

"No!" I answered too quickly and too loudly. Adam's jaw twitched and I flushed.

Neither of us said another word the rest of the ride home.

I got ready for bed in the bathroom. So basically I was stalling as long as I could. I slipped in the room and saw that the lights were low and Adam was already in bed. He was on his back and still had his glasses on. So a talk was coming then.

I navigated my way to the bed and slipped in. I lay on my back staring at the ceiling, feeling Adam close to me but not touching. The crisp pillow case made a sound as he turned his head to me.

"So love, are you ready to tell me what's on your mind?"

I giggled nervously. "It's not anything major. Not like I cheated on you or anything." I blushed. Adam was silent as he rolled onto his side and pushed his glasses up.

I met his eyes and smiled. "It's nothing really. I don't know why I'm acting all weird." I sighed. "The thing is..Bono came on to me tonight. For real. And he came on to Adge too right after me..."

I peeked at him. He flickered a brow. "He came on to both of you?" So far he was acting really cooly about it all.

"yeah."

"How?"

I sighed. "Does it matter?" He stared at me hard. "Fine! He kissed my neck and under my ear. He told me to relax and forget. That he wanted to take me away. I guess he told Adge something similar."

"Okay."

I looked at him in surprise. "Okay?! That's all you have to say?"

"What were you expecting?"

"I don't know. A little jealousy maybe?"

He smirked. "Over Bono? He's harmless."

"Harmless..." I laughed. "He didn't seem so harmless when I was in his arms, trying not to melt from the sheer hotness of it all!" I slapped a hand over my mouth. Feck! Why couldn't I keep quiet for once!

Adam pulled the covers back and stood. I could see his shoulders shaking.

"Oh my God Adam. I'm sorr-"

"Fuck!" He burst out, chortling with laughter. "Sheer hotness! Oh that fucking kills me." He grabbed at his side as laughter shook him.

I scowled. "Well I'm glad you find it so funny! Bastard...you knew the whole time didn't you?"

"Shit." He lifted his glasses to wipe at his eyes. "Yeah I knew. Edge and I heard you and Adge in the kitchen. You were acting odd..er then usual. So we knew something was up."

"Fuck you." I rolled onto my side and pulled the covers up to my chin. "G'night." I grumbled.

"Love don't be angry with me." Adam chuckled. "It was too good to pass up." He slipped into bed and wrapped an arm around my waist. He scooted close and kissed the back of my neck.

"Forgive me Am?"

I sighed. "Sure. Why not. At least you weren't jealous."

"I trust you."

"Wait." I met his eyes over my shoulder. "What about Edge?"

He scowled playfully. "Edge came on to you too!?"

I laughed. "No! How does he feel? Given the past with Bono and all.."

Adam shrugged. "He trusts Adge. They've been together long enough to know that they want each other and no one else. What they have is concrete and nothing can break it."

"But could something crack it?" I asked worriedly.

He sighed. "Are you determined to find something wrong with them?"

"No! I love them and they're perfect for each other."

"Yes they are. So leave it alone."

I frowned. "I am."

"Good." He kissed me softly. "Go to sleep now."

"Hmm." I caught his mouth for a deeper kiss and pulled away. "I thought you wanted me to warm you up?"

He hummed in interest. "If you're up to it love."

My hands roamed downward and he groaned. "Well, it defiantly feels like you're up to it."

"Wench." Adam growled and rolled us over so he was on top. I grinned up at him and wrapped my arms around his neck. Things were defiantly starting to look up...in every possible way.

:wave: Exit - Chapter 9

I was in a forest. Large evergreens towered over me. I breathed in the earthy scent and sighed happily. The sun beams through the trees warmed my face as I looked up. This was the life. I laughed as I explored around and found a small stream nearby. I bent down and dipped my fingers in the cool water. This place was so relaxing. A swooshing noise to my left drew my eyes. A figure walked into the clearing. He was mostly in shadows. I stood and squinted.

"Hello? Who's there?"

"Love. Wake up!"

I looked around. "Who said that?" I turned back to the man and gasped. He was standing right in front of me and his eyes glowed almost white. His skin and hair was golden and shining like the sun. It wasn't fear I felt but a deep curiosity and wonder. He smiled at me and my breath caught at his sheer beauty. I reached out to touch his face, his name on my lips.

"Amber!"

"Larry!" I screamed.

"What the fuck!"

I opened my eyes and found Adam's face hovering close to mine. "You're dreaming Am. Wake up!"

Blinking rapidly brought my vision back into focus. "I'm awake."
I looked around. Oh right. Adam's house..Adam's bed.

"Are you okay?" Adam's irritated tone made me look up at him in confusion.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just a weird dream."

He nodded as he lit up a cigarette. I made a face and waved my hand as he blew a could of smoke. "It must've been some dream for you to cry out like that."

I blinked up at him through the smoke. "I cried out?"

He snorted as he sat down at my feet. "You don't remember?"
I shook my head. "You called out for Larry." He smiled weakly. "I don't want to know."

"I...Larry?"

"Yeah." He stood up and walked to his dresser. "Anyway I woke you up because you've got a call. Adge is on the line."

I flung the covers back. "Why didn't you say so." I rushed to the phone in the hall. "Hey Adge. What's up?"

"Hey. I need a favor. Can you come with me to the doctor's office? I've got to get a check up. See if everything's okay."

"Sure I'll go, but why's isn't Edge going?"

"He said something about a meeting."

I frowned. "But Adam is here. Crap I hope he's not late."

"I don't know. Ask him. So you'll come with? I'm leaving in an hour."

"I'll meet you there."

I hung up, puzzled, and walked back to the bedroom.

"How's Adge this morning?" Adam asked as he slipped into a bright yellow robe.

I shielded my eyes. "Dang Adam you look like a giant lemon in that thing."

He grinned roguishly and undid the tie, letting it float to the floor. "Would you rather have me like this?"

I slowly looked him over. His dusty skin shone in the morning light and I sighed. "I'd always rather have you like that." He chuckled and moved forward. "Uh..not that I don't appreciate your stamina, but don't you have somewhere to be?"

"No."

"Don't you have a meeting at the studio?"

"Nooo." He said slowly, looking at me oddly. "You wouldn't be trying to get rid of me would you?"

I giggled. "No! Edge told Adge there was a meeting so I thought you were needed."

Adam shrugged. "There's no meeting that I know of."

"Well that's odd." I sighed and started making the bed.

Adam snorted and rolled his eyes as he bent to retrieve his robe. "Nice to know I'm appreciated around here."

"You are Ad." I went to kiss him. He nuzzled into me. "I don't have time now though. Adge asked me to go to the doctor with her for a check up. Got to make sure the baby's okay. All that woman stuff you know...want to come?"

"No thank you." He went off to the loo, looking relieved to be escaping.

"Are you sure? It'll be a blast!" I called out. He slammed the loo door and I snickered. "I guess that's a no."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everything went okay at the Doctors, except they had to prescribe Adge some medication because apparently her blood pressure was a little high.

"Don't tell Edge about that. He'll flip. It's not that big of a deal anyway."

"I wont." We were on our way to Adge's and I'd insisted in the parking lot that she let me drive.

"I'm hoping that Edge will give me some breathing room. He's smothering me with his worry." She sighed and looked out the window.

"He can't help but worry. It comes with the territory."

She made a face. "I know that he means well, but that doesn't stop him from being annoying."

I smiled. "Have you tried talking to him?"

"Yeah right. You try talking to Edge about leaving me alone and try not to hurt his feelings. And plus he's so busy working on my anniversary surprise..that's what he's doing today. I know there's no meeting. He thinks he's all sly too." We shared a grin.

"He's so cute when he tries to hide stuff." I giggled.

"Yeah well...you just wait. Could you imagine what Adam would do if you told him you were pregnant?"

I swerved, narrowly avoiding a tree, and cursed. "Shit! You say it like I'm pregnant already. Which I'm not..really not."

Adge laughed and flapped a hand. "Whatever you say. But maybe there's wedding bells in the air?"

"After three weeks of being back together? I don't think so."

"Adam has always moved fast. Oh hey can we stop there?"

She pointed to a market up ahead. "I'm craving some ice cream."
"And pickles?"

Adge wrinkled her nose. "Ew no. More like mustard."

I laughed "Gross!" I glanced at her and bit my lip. "You wouldn't be trying to tell me that you know something about me and Adam would you?"

Adge smiled pleasantly. "Nope. But if I was I would say that you should always be prepared for anything."

"That tells me shit! You're cruel."

She laughed as we pulled into the market lot. "Aren't I just?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night Adam and I picked Bono up and drove to Adge's and Edge's for dinner. Only thing that was going to be different about tonight was that Ali was going to be there. And Bono didn't know.

We walked into the main hall and Bono looked around. "Hello...anyone home?"

Adge walked in with Ali by her side. Bono halted mid step, going white as he stared.

"Bono." Ali teared up and ran to him.

Bono caught her and looked up at Adge with a dazed expression. She grinned and gave him a thumbs up.

"Ali." Bono chocked out and buried his face in her hair. Ali held him in a death grip and cried all over him.

I was so shocked and lost. I hadn't pictured this kind of reunion and I got the feeling I was missing something. Adam tugged me out of the room with Adge to give Bono and Ali some time alone.

"That was worth everything." Adge wiped at her damp eyes.

"Guys..I'm totally lost."

"Me too." Adam shrugged.

"Well after that little show Bono pulled off last night I called Ali. She told me something very interesting." Adge walked over to make some tea, leaving us hanging. I rolled my eyes to the heavens.

"Woman..tell." Adam growled impatiently.

Adge snorted. "I am. Keep your shorts on. I found out that Bono and Ali secretly started seeing each other six months ago. But then they had a disagreement a few weeks ago. Ali told me that they'd fallen madly in love all over again and when I told her what Bono was doing she said she had to end their fighting. She needed to see him."

"Six months!" I was totally shocked.

"I knew it." Adam smirked.

I snorted and turned to him. "Adam how could you possibly know?"

"Bono had a look about him. I knew he was getting some sex from somewhere."

Adge and I both made faces at him. "Eww."

"Men are so weird sometimes." Adge shook her head.

"Yeah...even Edge?" I asked with a grin.

Adge laughed. "He has his moments. Only he's well spoken when he's weird."

We all sat down to tea and some fresh muffins I'd brought over.

"Where is Edge anyway?" I asked.

"Shopping. We needed a few things." Adge said.

"Ooh."

We fell into a comfortable silence. Adam sat back, sipping his tea and looking contemplative.

Adge watched him in amusement for a while. "Adam what are you thinking about?"

He blinked into focus and smiled at her. I smiled and sipped my tea.

"I was wondering what Am was dreaming about this morning that had her calling out for Larry."

I showered the table in my tea.

"Ack!" Adge made a face and wiped her dripping face with a napkin. Adam grinned and took his glasses off to clean them. "Well now that you've given us a second shower of the day, at least tell us what your dream was about." I blushed and Adge grinned widely. "Oh my God was it like that time where you and Larry were taking a shower together?"

"What!?" Adam roared.

I let my head fall to the table. "Feck."

"Wow. Larry and Red taking a shower together? Sounds like I missed some top conversation." Edge walked in with his arms full of grocery bags. Adam got up to give him a hand.

"Yeah Edge. It's been a riot." Adam's dry tone m
ade me grin.

"Hey honey." Adge walked over and gave Edge a long kiss as she wrapped her arms around his waist.

"Hmm. What was that for?" He smiled cutely.

"Because I love you."

Edge hugged her close. "I love you too Adrienne." He smacked her butt playfully and grinned into her hair.

Adge laughed and pushed his hand away. "Save it for the bedroom mister."

Edge chuckled. "I can't promise anything."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After dinner we grilled Bono and Ali for the scoop on what was really going on with them. At the table we all enjoyed some wine and dip and crackers. I was sitting next to Adam, then it was Edge, Adge, Ali, and Bono.

"It's really been six months?" I asked Ali.

"Yes. We wanted to say something sooner, but things were still so new. And we enjoyed the secrecy." She blushed.

Adge grinned and took Edge's hand. "Hey don't feel bad. Edge and I tried to do that when we first got together."

"As I recall that didn't work out too well." Edge said with a small smile. He turned to me and winked.

I giggled. "Oh my God. It would have worked Edge..if you hadn't left your underwear behind in my bed!"

"I remember that!" Bono laughed hysterically. "I thought you and Red were making whoopi behind all our backs!"

We all laughed. "That was not happening! I wouldn't have done that to Adge." I smiled at her.

Adge grinned. "Uh huh. I seem to recall you saying Edge was cute."

I blushed. "Come on that was years ago!" Edge sent me a flirty smile and I groaned. He laughed and sipped his wine.

"Yeah..and you still think I'm hot don't you love?" Adam winked at Adge and she flushed a bit.

"Of course Adam. You'll always be hot to me but Edge is hotter."

"Haha! See I'm the hottest." Edge smirked and wrapped his arm around his wife. She looked at him in amusement.

"Don't get too inflated Love."

"Okay okay! How many people fancy me?" Bono spoke up. Adge and I rolled our eyes. Ali was the only one to raise her hand. Bono scowled. "Really funny. How many fancied me at one time then?"

I hesitated and raised my hand. So did Adge and then Adam.

I burst out laughing. "Adam!"

He grinned. "What? I thought we were being honest here."

Bono lowered his brows. "Adam...really?"

"No you git!" Adam cracked up.

"Okay I want to know something else." Bono said after chugging his wine. "How many of us have almost been with how many of us?"

"uh..does that make sense or have I had too much to drink?" Adam slurred.

Adge laughed. "It makes sense. Like me for instance...I've been with Larry, Edge, Bono, and that one time with Guggi...oh and Adam! But that was a joke. Adam we weren't together seriously were we?"

Adam frowned. "Can't remember. Wait..did you ever have a pink tutu?"

"What?" I scowled.

Adge grinned. "Nope that's not me. We never did anything. How about you Red?"

"Um...well there was Edge as a joke." I giggled when Edge smirked. "There was Gavin too, Guggi, Adam, and...not Bono I don't think." I turned to him. "We weren't were we?"

"What about the time we woke up naked?" Bono grinned.

"Oh God. I remember that." I flushed. "I'm still sticking with nothing happened."

"If you say so love." Bono winked.

"Okay so I've been with..five of us." Adge said. "Wow. I'm a whore." We all laughed.

"Well I've been with four..unless you count Bono then it's five."

I grinned at Adge. "I guess we're both whores. Ali how about you?"

She smiled. "Just Bono and Guggi for me."

"Aww come on. That's boring." Bono frowned at her. "Tell us more. I wont get mad I promise."

Ali hesitated then sighed. "Okay. I was with Gavin for a short time. A long time ago."

"So the truth comes out!" Bono roared then grinned. "I don't mind. I have you now."

"Yes you do. Thank goodness." Ali smiled in relief.

Bono reached out and took her hand and smiled into her eyes. "I'm blessed to have you again. I couldn't be happier. Ali I love you so much."

"Aww." Adge and I sighed as the happy couple kissed. We turned to our men hopefully. Adam was passed out in the cheese dip and crackers, his glasses hanging to the side and a little drool running down his chin. I made a disgusted face and turned to see if Adge was having better luck. She was looking at Edge, amused. He was leaned back in his chair, his head back, his mouth open, and a half eaten cracker sticking out.

Adge and I shared a look. She picked up her glass and made a toast. "To our men...may they sleep well and live till morning...because then we can kill them without remorse."

"Cheers." We grinned as I clinked my glass against hers.

"Here, here." Adge laughed and she clinked mine and together we drained our glasses.

*To those who wanted to be Bono's woman...I'm sorry that I had to give him to Ali...please don't hurt me. :)*

Back
Top Bottom