Exit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went to a Bruce Springsteen show the other night and they kept showing his bum up on the screen. I couldn't help but think of your story!

might I add that despite his age, his butt did look pretty fine!!! :drool:

flowerchildH said:
I went to a Bruce Springsteen show the other night and they kept showing his bum up on the screen. I couldn't help but think of your story!

might I add that despite his age, his butt did look pretty fine!!! :drool:

omg thanks for telling me! Good to know my story stuck with you. :laugh: dang you're lucky you got to see Bruce...and his bum. I'm so jealous :drool:

Glad to know he still looks good! :lol:

Hello everyone! :wave: I've got a little more for you :)

This part has given me a major headache so I hope it's okay. :crack: and of course I'm nervous as heck :uhoh: like I always am. :giggle:

Anyway, I really appreciate everyone reading and commenting so thank you! :hug:

this is PG-13 for some language. Enjoy! :D

Exit -

If someone had told me when I accepted the offer to go on tour with U2 that in a few months I would be sitting in Bruce Springsteen’s loo wearing nothing but a hotel robe and sporting a love bite from Bono on my hip I would have laughed hysterically, then had that person committed.

But here I sat, on Bruce’s toilet, contemplating the events that had conspired to bring me here. How had I managed it? One day I’m living in a quaint little town in Ireland and the next I’m in a whirlwind of concerts, fame, people and up to my eyeballs in drama. Oh how I wished I could be back in the little cottage in Ireland when all I had to worry about was whether to make a brown or white sauce to go with supper.

I suddenly say up straighter, a quiver of hope going through me. Maybe I needed to just go back home, to get away...but I couldn’t leave everyone like that. Could I?

“No you can’t. That would be running away.” I said wearily as I stood and walked over to the sink to splash some cool water on my face.

I blinked the water out of my eyes and searched my reflection as I reached for a towel. Nothing out of the ordinary really. There was nothing about me that was amazingly beautiful but I thought I was pretty enough. Nicely shaped cheek bones, full pink lips, and almond shaped eyes that sparkled a dark chocolate brown. I turned my face left and right taking in all my features and finally concluded that there was nothing special there. Why did Adam want me anyway? What was so special about ME?

And what in the hell was so special about all the other men I was attracted to!? Like David! He was handsome, terribly talented and had a flare for life that made me feel alive. But Adam was all of those things too! And so was Bono.

I groaned, “I’m starting to see a pattern here.”

With a heartfelt sigh I pulled the robe tight around me and went to the door. I pressed my ear to it and wanted to sink to the floor when I heard Adam’s familiar tones leaking in from the other side. I couldn't make out what he was saying but it didn’t sound angry. Was it safe to go out?

“Oh God I can’t do it.” I whispered, in a complete panic. “If he sees me he’ll loose it. But no, Bruce told him I was here...but did he tell him I was taking a shower?” I lightly banged my head and sighed. “How do I manage these things?”

“I have no idea love.” Bono’s voice drifted through my head. I blinked several times, wondering if I was hallucinating on top of everything, but then Bono’s voice came again and I realized it was coming through the door right next to my ear , “I know you’ve got problems. Who doesn't?” His familiar deep chuckle sent chills down my spine. “But is talking to a door really helping?”

I chewed my lip, wondering if I should answer. But If I didn’t I would end up looking even more foolish. “I’m not talking to the door I’m talking to myself.” I offered then cringed at how stupid that sounded.

“Oh... Is that better then talking to a door?” The amusement was plain in Bono’s voice.

I scowled. “Listen Bono just leave me alone okay?! What are you doing listening through the door anyway! I’ll be out when I’m ready...by the way who’s all here?” I asked nervously.

“Well let me see. We’ve got Adam, Edge, Larry, Aids, Abby, Myself, and The Bruce man o’course.”

I flinched at every name then groaned. “Please tell me you’re the only one listening...”

Shifting could be heard then a loud ‘thunk‘ “I am now. Maybe. Not quite sure really.”

I pushed my cheek against the door. “Great.”

“Can I come in love?”

“Ha! Why? So you can bite me again!? I don’t think so!” Heavy silence.

“Red...I’m eh not sure what you’re meaning.”

“What? You don’t remember last night!” I gaped. “OH MY GOD!”

Bono‘s hurried voice got louder, “Wait! I do remember some things.”

“Such as!?”

“Well, I remember everything up to teaching you to whistle. Things are a little wonky after that I’m afraid.”

“You’re joking.” I said in complete confusion. “You don’t ever forget stuff when you drink! How could you-”

Bono‘s urgent tone cut in. “I know that. But I did forget...”

I struggled not to fling open the door and yank Bono inside. Instead I banged my head against it and thought about what he was saying. Did he really forget...or was this his way of letting me off the hook and giving me the option of never mentioning what I’d remembered? Did he really want us to forget about our night spent together all those years ago and just pretend it never happened? Bono hardly EVER forgot something when he drank. It just wasn’t like him. So I could only come to the conclusion this was his way of letting me make the decision.

“Bono why?” I asked in desperation.

“You know why love.” He said gently.

I waited a beat then two before stepping back and opening the door. Bono pulled back just in time to keep from falling in. The smile he graced me with made my heart flip. I smiled back as best I could, grabbed Bono by the front of his shirt and pulled.

“Hey!“ He stumbled forward against me, his chin bumping my forehead before I shoved him towards the toilet and turned back. I caught sight of Adge’s grin, Larry and Abby’s bewildered looks, Adam’s confused frown and Edge and Bruce’s knowing smirks, now what was that about, before I slammed and locked the door.

Bono was sitting on the toilet when I turned back and looking about as beat up as I felt. Feeling just a bit bad about my treatment towards him and knowing he was still going through so much I walked over and ran a hand over his head. His hair was freshly washed and hung in soft waves around his face. I brushed a strand behind his ear and he looked up at me, his blue eyes questioning. “Love?”

“Sorry Bono but I need to talk to you and It was getting annoying doing in through the door.”

Bono smiled tiredly, “Aye I know. We do need to talk.” He glanced around and snorted. “I just didn’t think it would be in a loo.”

I smirked. “This is the best we’ve got at the moment because I’m not going out there.” I pointed towards the door and glared. “Until we talk.”

Bono nodded and stood up. I was about to protest but it died in my throat as I watched Bono arrange himself on the floor and lean back against the cupboard under the sink. He smiled up at me and waved toward the toilet. “A seat fit for a lady.” I stared at Bono, then the toilet, then burst out laughing as I took a seat.

“Thanks B. I always knew you were a gentlemen.”

I grinned at Bono’s light blush. He cleared his throat and looked a little sheepish. “So... how do you feel?”

My grin leaked away and I sighed as I leaned forward resting my elbows on my knees and staring down at my bare feet. “Emotionally I feel like shit. And physically...I feel like shit. I’ve got a hangover and I’m sore.” I looked up, saw Bono’s face redden and I blushed. “Oh god. Bono we didn’t...?”

“Nothing happened.” Bono said calmly with a straight face.

I shifted, feeling highly uncomfortable. “That’s what I said last time when we woke up. But something did happen that time...”

Bono swallowed and I watched his adams apple bob up and down. “Yes I know.” He whispered, suddenly overly interested in his hands.

The room seemed to tilt as I gasped for air. “B-Bono...we didn’t! I don’t remember!”

He raised his head, a pained look on his face. “Really love. Nothing happened last night. I was just remembering...”

“Oh.” Sighing I slipped down onto my knees and crawled over to Bono. He turned to me with a ragged expression and wrapped an arm around me pulling me close. I snuggled into his chest, putting my arms around his waist and squeezing. He sighed and leaned into me slightly.

“Are you thinking about Adge?" He blanced and shook his head. Okya so that's not a topic for conversation just yet. I went on. "About our night together?" he nodded tightly and I sighed. "It was a perfect night. We were young and needed each other. We shouldn’t feel bad about it.” As I said this I knew it to be true and a peace settled over me.

“Do you really believe that?“ Bono blurted out. “That we needed each other and it wasn’t just some one off that happened?”

My peace evaporated as pain shot through my heart leaving me speechless. Bono cursed as he pulled back and gentle fingers hooked underneath my chin, turning me to face him. His blue eyes stared earnestly into mine. “I don’t feel that way Red. I never have in all the years since. But it does run through my mind occasionally.” Bono’s thumb ran lightly over my chin causing me to shiver. His face hardened and I found myself watching his lips as he spoke. “I can’t help but feel guilty knowing that some part of me did take advantage of you.”

My eyes lifted to his and saw how troubled he was by all of this. “No, I wanted you as much as I hope you wanted me. I really did. Nothing could have changed my mind.” Bono’s hand hadn’t left my face and I didn’t dare move as I wondered if he was aware he was cradling my chin and stroking my bottom lip in a way that was making me want to moan and turn into a puddle on the floor.

“Love.” Bono’s deep purr made my heart skip.

“Y-Yes B?”

He smiled, his thumb still moving over my lip. “Do you want to know how you got that bite?”

Shock ran through me and the bite in question seemed to tingle, causing my eyes to widen. “I...I suppose. Wait! I thought you said you didn’t remember? So you were lying?” I accused in a whisper and Bono’s smile tilted.

“A little white lie doesn't hurt. I didn’t know how you wanted to deal with things...and since we had a room full of people listening to every thing I said...”

I flushed. “Oh. Well thanks then...I guess.”

His eyes sparkled as he leaned in and brushed a kiss over my cheek. “You’re welcome.” He whispered, pulling back just enough to meet my eyes. “Do you want to know?“

It took me a moment to get what he meant. I nodded. I mean it was a miracle I could think at all with him so close I could see the blacks flecks in his eyes and feel his breath upon my face “Yes I do.“ I answered breathily.

“I really don’t know-“ Bono began and I groaned.

“Bono!“

He chuckled and moved his thumb to cover my mouth so I couldn’t talk. “Don’t interrupt.“ I huffed in annoyance and his eyes twinkled at me. “Now as I was saying. I don’t recall it because I gave you that bite in my sleep.“ My eyes widened and Bono went on with a grin. “We passed out there for a while and when I woke up I was laying with my head between your legs and my mouth on your thigh.” I turned crimson and Bono moved his thumb back to my bottom lip watching me patiently.

“I...don’t know what to say.” I croaked and cleared my throat before continuing. “If you had your lips...there...then....uh...then how do you know we didn’t do anything?“

I really wanted the floor to open up and swallow me when Bono grinned and said in a gruff but totally sexy voice, “I think I would know if we did. And you smelled so nice.” There goes Bono with his smelling thing again! “Maybe that‘s why I was between yer legs.” I choked on a laugh and Bono’s face relaxed into a serious look as he shifted closer. If that was even possible. “Speaking of smelling nice. Are you wearing something?”

I laughed weakly, trying not to melt into his side as I fought to ignore the way HE smelled. “Bono I’m in a strange loo in a robe that’s not mine. The only thing I’m wearing is the hotel soap.”

Bono chuckled deeply, why does he have to do that!, and his voice dropped lower as he said, “It must just be you then. Smells like...hmm...let me see.” Bono leaned in, one hand on my hip while the other wrapped lightly around my neck and stroked. My breath caught when he sniffed gently at my cheek, his nose bumping mine. “Hmm it’s there...vanilla maybe? But something else as well...hmmm...” He moved on, his nose brushing against my neck. I gasped in pleasure and tried to hold on to my rapidly diminishing control.

“Bono what...oh god...are you doing?”

“Smelling you love. Taking you in. Relax...it’s okay to flirt isn’t it? It’s okay to flirt.” He murmured this into my neck just before flicking his tongue over my ear lobe, sending shock waves of pleasure down my spine. I bit my bottom lip hard to keep in a moan.

What the hell was happening?! Holding on to my last thread of thought I pushed at Bono’s chest. “Bono stop it!” I gasped breathlessly. “What the fuck are you doing?”

Bono stiffened and yanked back from me looking confused. His wide blue eyes stared searchingly into mine. “Fuck. I don’t know....I guess I thought...oh god.” He paled suddenly and pulled back so fast he skidded to the side and banged his head on the cupboard.

“Bono are you ok!?“ I cried, wondering what the hell had just happened and why I had been so turned on by it. I flinched. “What-”

“Shit!“ Bono groaned scrambling up to his feet and gripping his head. “What the fuck is wrong with me...I can‘t even keep my hands to myself for a fucking day!...shit I don’t...I mean I don‘t want you like that. Not really...I love Aids...but I love you too just not...I....” Bono was gasping now, gripping his chest through his loose shirt and about ready to fall over. I hurried to my feet and went to him. Gently enfolding him in my arms I looked up into his face.

“Bono look at me. Please?” Panicked blue eyes met mine as Bono continued to gasp loudly. “You need to breathe okay? You’re scaring me here.”

He made a strangled noise, gripping my arms. “I...can...breathe. I‘m all...right...” He managed to get this out between burst of...was he laughing!?

“Shit.” I started laughing shakily, and held him tighter. “Are you laughing B? God. Start breathing like normal ok?“ After a few deep breaths Bono seemed to be calmed down. “Better?”

He slumped against me and sighed into my air. “Fuck.”

“Are you okay?”

“I think so. Felt like I couldn’t breathe for a second there.” Panic rushed through me. Had Bono been having a panic attack? “I feel like a wimp.”

I shook my head and realizing I had a death grip on Bono’s waist I loosened my arms and tried to calm down. “You’re not a wimp. Everyone has panic attacks once in a while. It’s normal.”

Pulling back Bono looked at me with mock horror and said, “I didn’t have a panic attack love! I was trying to worry you so you’d confess your undying love for me.” He winked at me then. Winked of all things! I stood stock still in his arms and stared unbelievably. He was joking at a time like this..of course he was.

“Really funny B.” I said dryly and Bono grinned.

“Too bad it didn’t work.”

I smacked his chest hard and he flinched. “You nearly gave me a heart attack you prick!”

“But you didn’t have a heart attack.” Bono pointed out cheerfully. “You liked the sniffing part too. I heard those cute little gasping noises you were making.”

Ignoring that last statement I asked tensely, “How’s your head?“
Bono reached up touching the back of his head hesitantly. He flinched a little when he touched the spot. “It’s throbbing a little. What the fuck are these cupboards made of anyway? Concrete?” Bono smiled at his own joke while I examined his head for myself and was relieved to find no blood.

“It doesn’t look too bad.” I felt about gingerly and found a large bump. Bono cursed when I pressed down and I murmured an apology. “Feels about the size of a walnut right now. I didn’t know anything could hurt this thick skull of yours.” I joked lightly and went on feeling better hearing Bono’s amused snort. “You might need some ice to bring the swelling down. And maybe you should have it checked out by the doctor just in case.”

Bono was smiling brightly by the time I finished looking him over. “You do care about me love. I knew it.“

I rolled my eyes and asked worriedly, “Did you really have a panic attack?”

Bono shrugged seeming to be embarrassed, and looked away. I suspected he would avoid the question so his answer surprised me. “Not really. Just got a little overwhelmed. Never happened before.”

“Bono I know that you care about me.“ I started shakily and Bono swallowed loudly probably guessing what was coming. “And I know you love Adge...and after all that happened last night it‘s completely normal to be seeking comfort. So I don‘t blame you. I actually can’t blame you since...well anyway I-” My voice was getting smaller by the second and Bono cut me off before I could go on, his voice and face tight with anxiety.

“I don’t know what it was about. Maybe it does have to do with the comfort. I...I get lonely.“ Bono looked absolutely miserable now. “I’m sorry. I don’t know what happened. One minute I was telling you about how I gave you that bite and the next I was licking you.” I shivered, remembering the feeling of Bono’s tongue on me and Bono took it the wrong way, horror dawning in his eyes. “I didn’t hurt you did I?”

“No Bono.” I quickly reassured him and laughed weakly. “No. I’m fine. Actually I was just a little...um...turned on.” My cheeks burned at that understatement. A little turned on? How about so turned on I was about to melt right there and beg Bono to do me on the bathroom floor!

Bono laughed suddenly, looking immensely relieved. “I’m glad I wasn’t the only one. So we‘re....ok?”

I stared at him, feeling a pleasant warmth spread through me. “Of course we’re ok. I love you Bono.”

His eyes lit up with pleasure at my words. “I love you too.” I went into his arms and sighed.

“Good. Because you’re going to be the one to tell Adam about the bite.”

“Nooo love.” Bono groaned and tried to hide his face in my hair.
I smiled and reached up to stroke the back of his neck. He sighed as I twined my fingers in his hair, loving the soft feel of it running through my fingers. “It’s only fair B. You’re the one that did it. Who knew you have a biting fetish?”

“I don’t! All right maybe a little one.” He admitted in a small voice then groaned in pleasure when I started massaging the tense muscles in his neck. I giggled. Bono was really easy to manipulate sometimes.

“So you’ll tell Adam?” I asked silkily, curling my fingers into his neck.

He sighed, melting further into me. “Anything you want love.”

I smiled triumphantly. “Good. So we should probably get out there-”

“On one condition. I’m only telling Adam if you tell Aids.”

I yanked my hands away, causing Bono to grunt in surprise. I pulled back and glared, feeling betrayed that Bono had been playing me when I thought I was playing HIM for once.
Ugh. “What the hell are you talking about?!” I demanded.

Bono rubbed the back of his neck as he smirked at me. He was probably thinking he had me right where he wanted me. Which he probably did. Damn him! “I wont tell Adam unless you agree to talk to Aids.”

“About what!?” I cried trying to push away from him with my hands on his chest but Bono’s arms suddenly came around me and tightened. I cursed because I knew I didn‘t stand a chance against his strength. I struggled fruitlessly for a moment then gave up and scowled. “What am I supposed to talk to her about huh? About the night we spent together? About your feelings for her!?”

Bono hesitated, watching me closely, the fact that he was uncomfortable showing clearly in his face. “I’d rather keep my feelings for Aids between us for now. But she’s your best friend love.” I snorted a denial and Bono’s brows flickered up in surprise. “She is your best friend.” He said firmly and went on, “You’ve never kept anything from her for long. If you don’t tell her about us, it might start to effect your friendship. And Aids is one of the few who you know you can trust with anything isn’t she?”

“Maybe.” I admitted grudgingly and then wanted to cry out in pure frustration when I realized that if I told Adge about Bono and I then I would eventually have to talk to Adam about it as well. Oh God I could only imagine how he was going to take it.
Bono smiled dashingly at me and I scowled deeply. “So you’ll talk to her?”

“Fine.” I snapped. “And you’ll talk to Adam about the stupid bite?”

Bono kissed me lightly and lightened his hold on me. “You’ve got yourself a deal Red.”

Instead of taking advantage and moving away to kick Bono in the shins or somewhere else equally painful I sighed and laid my head on his shoulder, feeling mentally exhausted.

“I hope she doesn’t kill me.“ I said dully. Bono snorted and rubbed his cheek against mine. His stubble felt rough yet comforting against me and I closed my eyes and shivered “I hope she’ll understand about our night together.” I gave a strangled laugh and pulled back to grin wryly at Bono. “After all she’s wanted to sleep with you a couple times by now so she has to understand where I‘m coming from.”

Bono brightened. “She has wanted me hasn’t she?”

I snorted, shaking my head. “Men. You’re all the same. Carnal lusts mean everything.”

Bono leered. “If you say so. Woman remain a mystery I fear I will never solve.” He sighed woefully and I giggled.

“Right B. Come on we’ve got some explaining to do.”

Bono got a mischievous look in his eye. “We’ve been in the loo together for the past thirty minutes and out there they've probably heard every loud noise, groan and moan we've made...what have we got to explain? Nothing we've done is too strange now is it?”

I groaned and laughed. “Bono I’m starting to think nothing is strange when I’m around you.”

chemgirl said:
Can you email me the unedited version of the entire story? I'm not sure which chapters were censored. Thanks,
pamccully at hotmail dot com

Sent! I sent the whole story but there's only two chapters that are unedited. But...:shifty:...I'm planning to have more in the future. :D

Wow it's been a long time since I updated! :ohmy: I'm really sorry about that. things have just been really busy lately! But I have a new chapter today :D

I apologize in advance if it's crap :reject:

:lol:

Rating: I'll say PG13 for language.

Disclaimer: I don't own U2. Don't know them. This is all fiction. Much to my utter disappointment. :grumpy: heehee

I hope you all enjoy! :)

Exit Chapter 18

"You slept with Bono." Adge asked looking totally shocked as we sat in her and Edge's room enjoying an afternoon cup of tea. She stared at me with wide eyes. "Did I hear you right?"

"Yeah you did..." I nodded, wringing my hands around my tea mug and watching Adge anxiously. I'd decided to tell her quick and just get it over with but now I was worried I should have found some other way.

Adge sipped her tea staring off at the blank T.V. screen. I couldn't tell if she was about to start crying, scream, or stab me with a butter knife. All of which I'd rather not have occur. But telling her was a load off of my mind. I only hoped that while I was doing this Bono was with Adam like he'd promised and was telling him all about last night and the bite he'd left on my inner thigh.

Adge shuddered suddenly and yelled, "I KNEW IT! That bastard husband of mine is going to get it when I see him! I knew he was lying to me! And I KNEW something was going on with you and Bono! Bloody hell!"

"Shh!" I held up my hands and waved them around, alarmed at her reaction. "Yell a little louder would you? I don't think the people on the tenth floor heard you!"

Adge set her cup of tea down on the coffee table and glared at me, "Pardon me! So I guess that means I'm not the last person to know about this?"

I eyed her warily, "What are you talking about?"

She held up her hand in my face and counted off on her fingers. "Lets see! One and two is you and Bono obviously, then Edge knows, Adam knows, Larry probably knows and I can only guess who else you've told! And you didn't want to tell me, your best friend, that you're shagging Bono!!"

"Wait a second! I said I did shag, I mean sleep with Bono but I'm not doing it now!"

Adge laughed loudly, "Oh please!" She turned to face me better on the couch, maneuvering her rounded belly and leaning towards me she pointed a finger in my face as she sneered, "I know you didn't spend last night with Adam because he called me looking for you and he was pretty worried when I said I didn't know where you were! He loves you and I think you're being an arse to him by sleeping around behind his back and with Bono of all people! What the hell is wrong with you!?"

"Nothing!" I screamed in Adge's face and slapped her finger away. "I'm not sleeping with Bono! And I've never cheated on Adam! Even when I did shag Bono it was years ago and I thought Adam had left me! It was a mistake is all! And the whole reason I'm telling you now is because I just remembered! So if you would shut the hell up and let me explain, it would make sense!"

Silence rang out and Adge and I both sat breathing heavily and glaring at each other. Adge reached out, jerkily picked up her tea and took an angry sip.

We sat in tense silence until I couldn't take it anymore and sighed, "I'm sorry I yelled at you but it bothers me that you think I would do that to Adam...and it bothers me to think that I might have done it last night. But I didn't sleep with Bono. God, things are just so difficult right now.."

"Maybe you should tell me the whole story." Adge muttered and glanced at me with open curiosity. "So you really forgot that you slept with Bono? That doesn't say much for his skills in the bedroom."

I smirked, "It wasn't like that." I explained most of what had happened, editing out some things for my sake and for Bono's.

By the end Adge was shaking her head. "Wow. You and Bono. Well I guess I'm not too surprised. One of us had to shag him eventually."

I smiled. "yeah I guess so." I took a deep breath and asked, "So, have any questions?"

Adge snickered, "Hell yes. How the hell did it all happen? You told me yeah but really how did you and Bono actually do it?"

I grinned, "If you don't know I'm surprised you managed to get pregnant."

"Haha. Okay well what about now and last night? Does Bono have feelings for you?"

I hesitated. Adge sipped her tea waiting for an answer and watching me. I tried not to flinch. If only Adge knew the truth! Bono was in love with her. Not me. Never me. Ugh. I didn't need to add jealousy to all my other feelings. I pushed that away and sighed. "No actually we were just talking about that and we agreed that we're just friends and that's all we'll ever be..."

"Oh...so what was up with the loo thing this morning? And what happened last night with Bono?" I filled her in on most of what had transpired and she whistled. "Some night you had.."

"Yeah ugh. So...Edge knows then?" I asked quietly hoping the answer was no.

Adge scowled at being reminded. "I think he does. I'm pretty sure. I specifically asked him if he knew something about it and he said no! The bastard. I should have listened to my instincts. It's always a dead give away that something's going on when Edge repeats himself and gets all shifty. He's either hiding something from me or working on a song that he's excited about."

"Good to know." I chuckled.

Adge's eyes clouded as she turned to me. "Why did you and Bono do it? I mean what made you say okay I think this is really going to happen lets do it. It's a huge thing to sleep with a close friend!"

Groaning I sat back into the cushions. "That's one thing I can't tell you because I have no idea. I like to think we did it because we were both hurting and needed the comport. I've been telling myself that since I remembered."

Adge nodded frowning thoughtfully as she rubbed her belly. "That's better then saying you did it as revenge against Adam. Or even Ali."

I flinched, "I'm not even going there thanks."

Adge smiled sympathetically and asked the question I'd been dreading hearing. "When did you tell Adam?"

"I haven't." My voice was hollow. "How can I? It's torture to even think about it."

Adge sighed and sipped her tea contemplatively. "I figured you didn't tell him. If you had Bono would probably be missing a tooth or two."

"Haha not funny."

"Yes it is." She grinned and leaned in to me a little and whispered, "So how was Bono?"

I gaped and knew my face was quickly reddening. "What! I'm...I can't believe you asked that. Actually yes I can. But I'm not telling you."

Adge sat back folding her arms over her round belly and sniffing as she looked away, "Fine I get it. You slept with Bono when you knew he was in love with me." My stomach twisted with guilt. Adge went on in a frosty tone as she turned to glare at me. "You haven't told me until years later-"

"That's not fair! I just remembered-"

Adge ignored me, "AND! Now you wont give me, you best friend, the courtesy of knowing a few details? You know how I've felt about Bono over the years!"

I sighed, "Are you done with the guilt trip?"

She eyed me frostily. "Maybe. It depends."

"On what?"

"If you're going to tell me or not."

I threw my hands up in defeat. "Fine! Bono was good okay! Is that what you wanted?"

"Yep!" Adge chirped happily. "But there's one more thing...is he big?"

I sputtered in shock. "Shit! Wha...I'm...that's none of your business!"

Her stare turned icy again. "You owe me."

"I...god..." I gulped and despite everything felt my lips turning up into a smirk. "Well you have to keep in mind that the only other person I have to compare him to is Adam."

Adge grinned devilishly. "And we all know Adam is ginormous."

I flushed and shifted on the couch. "I didn't say that. But Bono is...well I'll just say that he's certainly got something to be proud of...and he knows how to use it." I covered my burning cheeks with my hands as Adge erupted into girlish giggles.

Just then the phone rang and I was busy trying to recover when Adge leaned over and answered it.

"Hello?" She said is a sing song voice. I watched her face transform into a wide grin. "Bono what a pleasant surprise we were just talking about you."

I watched anxiously as Adge greeted Bono over the phone. She glanced at me and grinned, "Yep Red is here B. She just told me something very very interesting." Her eyes gleamed so bright there was no doubt in my mind she was enjoying this.

Instead of sticking around for what could only be an embarrassing conversation I rolled my eyes at Adge, silently promising vengeance, and stood to leave.

She wrinkled her nose at me and mouthed, "You're no fun."

Slipping on my coat I stepped towards the door and narrowly avoided getting a face full of wood. I caught the door, yelping as it stopped an inch from my face.

"Shite!" Edge's worried face appeared around the corner. "Did I get ya?"

"No, just missed me."

Edge sighed in relief and slipped into the room with a stack of books in one hand and a steaming cup of coffee in the other. I closed the door after giving it one wary glance and Edge grinned sheepishly at me. "I would have held the door but my hands are a little full."

I eyed the tall stack of books that almost reached Edge's chin. "I can see that. Jeez I haven't seen you with that many books since you were studying like a maniac for our finals."

Edge cringed. "I don't recall those long days and nights fondly. I had more then my fair share of headaches that year."

"And most of them were caused by Bono." I added with a grin.

Edge smiled. His eyes roamed over to Adge as she laughed. His eyes lit and his face relaxed into a smile. Damn Adge is a lucky woman, I thought, observing the adoration in Edge's gaze.

I helped Edge unload his books onto the coffee table. He sighed and let his arm hang loose by his side. Noticing me watching him, he smirked. "My arm feels at least an inch longer after that." I smirked back.

Edge straightened his arm, groaning as he stretched his fingers. He faced me then, leaning against the arm of the couch, "You know I'm a little surprised to see you here Red."

My eyes widened a bit in shock. "You are? Oh right...I can see how shocking it is to see me in your room. I'm just never here." I grinned.

Edge chuckled as he sat down on the couch and motioned for me to sit next to him. I hesitated, glancing at Adge, who was still on the phone talking to Bono about god knew what, "I was just leaving actually..."

"Stay. I insist." When I still hesitated Edge tilted his head to the side, observing me curiously. "We haven't had a friendly chat in a while. I've missed you."

That did it and I grumbled something under my breath about manipulative friends as I sat down. "Okay what shall we talk about then?"

Edge leaned back, sipping his coffee and looking quite relaxed, "Whatever you want Red." He said with a tilted smile.

I eyed him suspiciously. "This was your bloody idea. You come up with a topic."

Adge's laughter burst into our stilted conversation. "No B that didn't happen! You're joking!" She laughed merrily and shook her head, "Bloody hell I wish I could have been there to see his face!"

I pressed my lips together and glared at my hands, hoping like hell they weren't talking about Adam or anything remotely to do with me.

"She's talking to Bono?" Edge asked and I glanced at him narrowly.

"Who else does she call B?"

"Hmmm. Good point." I felt Edge's eyes on me for a while but didn't particularly want to look at him. "You know I've been thinking." He began. I stared at my hands, waiting for him to go on. After a few moments of silence I glanced up. Edge was watching me with a bit of a glazed look to him.

"You okay Edge?" I asked, wondering if he'd just disappeared into his head as he was known to do quite often.

Edge blinked, clearing the fog, and smiled. "Yes. But I should be asking you that. Are you alright?"

A cloud of uneasiness settled over me. "I'm fine. Why shouldn't I be? Everything is fine."

Edge was no fool and saw right through me. His smile softened. "Somehow I have trouble believing you." He said softly, no doubt trying to encourage me to unburden myself.

I huffed and shrugged. "I don't know why. There's nothing wrong."

"Amber."

I was startled enough by the use of my name that I met Edge's steady gaze. "What?"

"Bono is my best mate."

I blinked and nodded. "I know that."

"Then you know he's tells me mostly everything that goes on in his life."

I nodded again feeling like I was getting a lecture with the way Edge was talking. He was speaking like I was some five year old. "I know that too." I said slowly wondering where this was going.

Edge suddenly sighed loudly, which was very unlike him. "Red, he tells me everything." He stressed the last word and it clicked. Adge had said that Edge might know about me and Bono but I'd completely forgot what with the phone call and being preoccupied with escaping embarrassment.

I felt all the blood leaching from my face. Edge's face softened in sympathy and he placed a hand on my knee, squeezing gently. "So...you know?" I asked feeling suddenly very tired.

"I do. Bono told me almost right after it happened. Naturally I didn't believe him when he told me that you didn't remember a thing."

I stiffened, "Well it's true. I didn't remember anything."

Edge nodded removing his hand from my knee and rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "I came to that conclusion shortly after." He got that scientific twinkle in his eyes as he went on, "I've often read about such things in scientific journals. It usually happens when the person simply isn't ready to process an event. So they block it from their memory completely, but you're the first person I've ever known to experience remembering just this kind of memory."

"Glad I could help further your scientific studies." I said dryly.

Edge's face cleared and his eyes crinkled at me in amusement. "I didn't mean it that way precisely. It has always struck me as odd that you would want to block out something so meaningful. I think Bono had trouble believing it himself. That's why he needed to share the experience. I'm happy he chose me. If he'd gone to Larry things would have been handled quite differently."

I blanched in horror. "Gods don't even say it."

Edge laughed, "Yes it would have been...unpleasant to say the least." I nodded agreement and studied Edge closely. He stared right back calmly, his face impassive.

I opened my mouth and closed it again, not sure I wanted to voice my thoughts. But in the end I decided to it would drive me crazy if I didn't. I sighed when I found Edge studying me as I was studying him. He was much better at reading people then I was. Knowing him he probably know what I was about to say.

"Edge, you've known all this time. I...I guess I can see why you got so upset when you thought I was cheating on Adam with David. Essentially I've already cheated on him." I choked back tears and looked away before I could see Edge's reaction to my words. I stared down at my hands. "I'm sorry that I gave you any reason to doubt me."

"It doesn't matter what I think." Edge scoffed, placing a hand on my arm lightly. "The important thing is what you think of yourself."

I looked up and blinked at Edge. "I think I'm terrible at this love business." There was more then a trace of bitterness in my tone.

Edge seemed amused. "I see. So you think you stink at love. Well, if that was true then why would Adam still be with you?"

"If he's even still with me." I muttered darkly.

"He is." Edge answered confidently and I shrugged. He shook his head. "You have so little faith in Adam's love?"

"No! That's not what I meant!" I sighed in frustration. "Of course I have faith in Adam."

"All right then let me ask you something." He raised a brow at my blanch. But when I made no comment he went on. "Do you think that if I'd gone to Adam when Bono told me and told him that he would have left you?"

I gaped and couldn't stop myself from yelling, "Hell yes!"

Edge smirked. "Is that having faith?"

"Well...no." I admitted quietly."But there's no way Adam could take that and still want to be with me. All this drama with David has almost ruined us."

"Has it really? Did Adam say he was close to leaving you over it?"

I frowned, "Well no not in so many words...not in any words actually. He...he said he wanted to move on and start new."

Edge nodded thoughtfully. "Right. I can see how you would interrupt that to mean he was leaving you."

I rolled my eyes. "Okay fine, so Adam wasn't as upset as I thought he would be-"

Edge leaned in, startling me. H startled me further when he grabbed my hand and spoke fiercely. "That's just it! You thought he would be upset with you. Why?"

"Well I...I just knew."

"How?"

"Be-because I just thought he would."

"But why? Why did you think that?"

"Because I was scared...I guess."

"Of what?"

I flinched at the fierceness of Edge's tone. "Edge...I...I don't know!"

"You do! You do know! Don't think, just answer!"

I cracked and screamed in Edge's face, "I was scared because I thought he would stop loving me! Okay!? I didn't want him to stop loving me and leave me alone!" Edge's eyes gleamed triumphantly and he tightened his hold on my hand as I stared shaking. I felt like the flood gates had been opened and there was no shutting them now.

"Adam can't stop loving me. B-Because I can't be alone again. I did it when I was in college and I can't do it again. I was so lonely without him that I...I searched out for other companions but no one ever seemed to compare to him. All those nights crying myself to sleep missing him. And...if he left me now..." I choked on a sob. "God, no I can't do it. I'm not strong enough. I'm just not strong enough! Oh god Edge what will I do if he leaves me!?"

Edge wrapped his arms around me and I turned to bury my face in his chest whimpering, "I'm just not strong enough to be alone."

"That's nonsense. Besides Adrienne, you're one of the strongest woman I know. I think that you've never given yourself a chance to be on your own. Really on your own. So you're frightened and don't think you can do it. But I know you can. If you look inside your self you'd know that too."

I cried out in denial even as I knew Edge was right. I'd never been totally on my own. Even when I was in college I'd relied on the lives of my roommates to dictate my own schedule. Then I'd moved in with Jack and let him take over that role. And now I was doing the same thing with Adam. When was the last time I actually did something because I wanted to? I couldn't really remember.

I had a lot of problems to face and the horrifying truth was that I couldn't see myself being with Adam while I dealt with any of it. It was something I needed to do. Without the burden of having someone else's needs to worry about.

I loved Adam so much that I would do anything to please him. I felt the need to make things just perfect to keep him from leaving me. What a pathetic thought.

And maybe somehow I'd seen what was happening and had tried fighting against it by searching out David. I still wasn't sure exactly why running away with David would have helped anything but this breakthrough did have something to do with it.

I sniffed and wiped my tears off onto Edge's shoulder as he patted my hair and soothed me. "Shh everything will be okay. I've got you."

"Jeez Edge don't you think you could have come up with a better way?" Adge growled in frustration as she sat down in the chair across from us. Edge remained silent and I sighed.

"I'm sure I'll be able to thank Edge for helping me see the truth. Just not right now."

Adge glared a bit longer at Edge but nodded in understanding.

I don't know how long we stayed like that. Once my thoughts settled I wasn't really aware of anything but the beat of Edge's heart under my ear, Adge's mutterings, and my own shaky breathing. My mind was blissfully blank for once. It seemed I'd just experienced an epiphany and now my brain simply couldn't function.

A soft knock at the door startled me slightly and I snuggled closer into Edge, not wanting to leave the sanctuary his chest was affording me. He still had his arms wrapped around me and I felt incredibly safe as his hand stroked my back.

"Don't bother to pull yourself out of my husbands arms Red. I'll get it." Adge said sourly. I smiled and when Edge's chest vibrated with his chuckle it turned into a small grin.

"Red, you have a visitor." Adge said quietly. With one eye I peeked toward the door and jerked back from Edge in surprise.

"Adam!"

Adam blinked at me in Edge's arms. "Eh..hello..."

"What are you doing here?" I asked thickly, wiping at my tear stained face and glancing at Edge. He smiled at me gently and I sighed in relief. At least I wouldn't have to feel bad for using his shoulder to cry on.

"Come on in Ad." Adge opened the door all the way and wattled over to sit on the sofa next to Edge. She butted me off easily and pulled Edge's now free arms around her. They snuggled briefly and then turned to stare at Adam and I, not bothering to hide their curiosity. I sighed. It looked like we were going to have an audience.

"Adge called and said you needed me." Adam said, standing tensely by the door and looking everywhere but at me.

I swallowed as I walked to stand right in front of him. He looked down at me and I smiled and stared up into his eyes. "I...I do need you Adam. Very much. But I think I need to think about things." Adam's face tightened and I clarified quickly. "It's got nothing to do with us. I mean of course it does but I'm not leaving you. I love you and want to get married still...if you do that is." I paused staring at Adam searchingly.

"I still want to marry you as well." He said softly.

I smiled in relief. "That's good to know. What I need is a little time to think that's all. This is really the first time I've put my feelings first in our relationship since I decided to go away to school." Adam inclined his head in what I took to be agreement so I took a deep breath and went on. "You should know this is the most nerve racking thing ever. I don't want to hurt your feelings or for you to think it's anything you've done because it's not. I know that I have some things to work out and If I don't I could be ruining our marriage before it even gets started."

Adam sighed and scrubbed his hands over his face. He dropped them and gave me a defeated smile. "I'm not going to pretend to understand any of this. Because frankly I don't." He glanced at Adge and Edge and shook his head. "I'm probably the most lost person here." His gaze met mine. "But if you need the time then I can't stop you. I want you to want to marry me with everything you are. And right now there seems to be something holding you back."
"I guess there is." My eyes teared up again as Adam embraced me, hugging me tightly. I pulled back first and bit my lip. "There's something else. I...I'm sorry about everything with Bono last night."

Adam snorted and smiled with his usual good humor. "Apology accepted. Bono and I had a chat earlier and he seemed quite eager to keep all of his teeth."

Adam flashed a grin as Adge laughed, "I told you so!"

I spared Adge a withering glare which made her rest her head on Edge's shoulder and grin at me toothily. I rolled my eyes and smiled at Adam. He smiled back with a tinge of sadness. I swallowed thickly and whispered, "I really hope I'm not making a huge mistake here."

"Does it feel wrong?" Adam asked quietly.

I blinked and searched within me. I was saddened by what was happening and plagued with doubts that I was doing this for all the wrong reasons. Did I even know why I was doing this!? I wasn't sure of anything but essentially it just felt like something I had to do.

"No it doesn't feel wrong. But I don't know how long I'll need or what I need actually. This is all pretty fucked up really."

"Tell me about it." Adam chuckled and my heart ached. Was I really going to be able to do this? Just step away from Adam like it was no big deal?

"You'll have to find another place to sleep." Adge broke into my thoughts. She and Edge were still watching from the couch.

I winced as I met Adge's worried gaze. She probably thought I was out of my mind. "Well I can't afford to get my own room. And I'm not quitting this job. You all need me too much during this tour." Adge rolled her eyes while Edge grinned and winked at me.

"Why don't you stay with Bono?" Adge asked cheekily and I wanted to strangle her.

"I don't think that would be a good idea." Edge said dryly giving his wife a hard stare. She smiled and batted her eyes at him. He chuckled and leaned in for a kiss.

I looked away, suddenly uncomfortable and met Adam's likewise uncomfortable gaze. Fantastic. I sighed. "Well there's always Larry."

"Ha!" Adge snorted. "Like he would take you in!"

"I'm sure Abby will be thrilled with that arrangement." Edge put in dryly.

Adge snorted. "Didn't you know? They had a big fight last night and haven't talked since."

"Oh." I shrugged. "He might let me stay with him for a few days then. At least until we go to L.A. No harm in asking is there?" I turned to Adam. "Would you have a problem with that?"

Adam raised one golden brow. "Is it up to me? Because if it is I'd rather have you stay right where you are, with me."

I lowered my eyes. "I can't do that. I just need a little time. I promise I'm not ending things." I raised my eyes and desperately tried to communicate to Adam what I was feeling. "I'm not leaving you. Just taking a little time for myself."

Adam sighed and stepped forward. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into him and leaning his forehead against mine. I closed my eyes and inhaled his sweet scent. "Adam..."

"Whatever you need love. You do whatever you need."

I was speechless. Adam pulled back, his face lined with concern. "All right?"

"Yeah...I just didn't except you to...to be so nice about this."

Adam blinked in confusion. "Why not? I love you and I waited before didn't I? I'll damn well wait again if it means finally having us be together forever."

I stared at him in awe. "When did you become so perfect?"

His lips turned up into a smug smile. "Don't you know? I've always been this way you just haven't seen it because you've been too busy using me for my body."

"I have not!" I protested while Adam, Adge and Edge laughed.

"Yes you have." Adge said grinning from the couch. "Weren't we just talking about Adam's body earlier? Or maybe you forgot.."

I scowled at Adge, feeling Adam's amused stare. "You're lucky I love that baby of yours or I'd so kick your arse right now."

"Not before I kicked yours first." Adge shot back. "And while we're on the topic of arse kicking." She turned to Adam. "Why haven't you killed Bono long before now? After everything he's done and all..."

"Adge!" I hissed, wondering what the hell she thought she was doing. Adam didn't even know about the night Bono and I spent together! Adge just smiled sweetly at me and turned her attention back to Adam. I looked to Edge for help. He smiled reassuringly and shook his head. What the hell?

"Sit down Adam." Edge suggested lightly. "You're making me nervous towering over us like you are."

Adam smirked as he let his hands rest comfortably in his pockets and sat in the recliner across from the couch. I stood by, unsure what to do.

Adam leaned back and pursed his lips before he answered Adge's question. "For one, I wouldn't have much of a career if it wasn't for Bono. He's part of a four piece band so I can't very well kill him off can I? And I realized a long time ago that what happened wasn't anyone's fault." He shrugged at Adge's lifted eyebrow. "I could've gotten royally pissed at Bono and knocked a few teeth out but I reckon that I played my own part in it as well."

I stood by awkwardly, gawking, and wondering if I was losing my mind because I really had no idea what Adam was talking about. "Care to tell me what the hell you're talking about?"

Adam looked me steadily and then shrugged. "I'm talking about you shagging Bono."

The room seemed to spin and I gripped the arm of Adam's chair and stared at him with impossibly huge eyes. "You...I...but how? How do you know?"

Edge cleared his throat lightly, turning our attention to him. He smiled sheepishly. "I believe I can answer that." His green eyes met mine. "I asked you earlier if you thought Adam would leave you if I'd told him years ago. Well...I did tell him. And he didn't leave you."

"Edge! How could you do that!" Adge raged , smacking Edge over his head. He flinched and scowled lightly. Adge glared at him. "How could you tell Adam but not me!"

Edge floundered. "I-I couldn't tell you because I knew you'd tell Red and then everything would blow up. But I had to tell Adam. He deserved to know."

"And I didn't!?" I asked, becoming increasingly agitated by this conversation.

Edge opened and closed his mouth before shrugging and looking mildly ill. "I guess I made a mistake telling anyone at all."

"You mean you told someone else besides Adam!?" Adge asked as she, Adam and I all stared at Edge in horror.

He shifted and glanced around nervously, not making eye contact with any of us. "Just one other and he tricked me into telling him. I'd had a wee bit too much to drink and-"

"Stop right there." Adge said wryly holding up a hand. "We all know how loose your tongue gets after a few drinks. Just tell us who you told."

Edge sighed. "I'm sorry. I never meant to tell him. But well..."

"Get on with it Edge." Adam growled. "Who in bloody hell did you tell?"

"Guggi." Edge said quietly.

"fuck." Adam swore as he glared daggers at Edge. "You just had to tell him of all people? He's probably still smirking about it. The bastard."

"Oh god." I said faintly holding onto my stomach and feeling quite queasy. Adam glanced at me worriedly and stood up, offering me his seat. I took it with a weak smile.

"Well that's just fabulous Edge." Adge started sarcastically but was cut off by a knock at the door. We all shared a wide eyed look and stared at the door.

"This is silly." Adam muttered. "We're all afraid to open the fucking door." he went to answer it.

Larry's scowling face greeted us. "Where the fuck is everyone?" His eyes swept past Adam to the group sitting around and his scowl deepened. "Sorry to break up this little party but while you've all been sitting around on your arses we've been waiting on you in the lobby!" At our blank looks Larry growled, "Do I have to do everything? We've got rehearsal in two hours and before that we have a radio spot all the way across town. And if we'd left ten minutes ago we still would've been late! Bono, Paul and I are apparently the only ones who know how to tell time."

Edge checked his watch and cursed. "I hadn't realized what time it was." We all flew into action and managed to get Edge and Adam down to the lobby in record time. Adge stayed behind to catch a ride to the stadium with Dallas so they could discuss the insulation of Edge's newest peddle. I stayed behind as well to get the food prepared for the rest of the day.

As Adam left through the hotels front doors with everyone else he glanced back and caught my eye. I smiled and waved feeling like my face was made of plastic. Adam nodded once and was gone.

Adge blew a kiss to Edge who winked back. She turned to me as the door closed behind her hubby. "I hope you know what you're doing with Adam."

I laughed weakly. "I have absolutely no bloody idea what I'm doing. But I know I need to do it."

Adge searched my face and seemed to have found what she was looking for because she nodded firmly as she slipped her hand in my arm and we made our way back to the elevator. "You need something Red, that much is obvious. I only hope this is it."

"You're not the only one." I muttered

Adge snorted out a laugh. "I'm sure it'll all work out."

"Yeah."

"It will."

"Okay."

"Don't worry."

I laughed. "You always have to have the last word don't you?"

Adge blinked at me innocently as we stepped into the elevator. "I don't know what you mean."

"Fine."

"Okay."

I rolled my eyes and smirked but kept quiet. If Adge wanted to have the last word she bloody well could. I was getting kind of tired of talking anyway.

"I just thought of something." Adge mused. "If you sleep in Larry's room then you'll have been in bed with every member of U2."

My jaw dropped. "No way! I wasn't ever in bed with Edge!"

Adge arched a brow. "What about that time when you first stared dating him and you were sick? He came over with chicken soup and laid in bed with you all day."

I scowled. "Crap. Trust you to remember something like that."

"I remember everything." Adge said smugly.

"Of course you do. How could I forget?"

"I've no idea."

***U2***

U2 business took up the rest of the afternoon and we all had to grin and bare it. Except Bono, who seemed to be at ease with everything, like usual he flirted, charmed and looked like a prince. The radio host asked all the usual questions and U2 got out of there as quickly as possible. The concert that night went off without a hitch much to the relief of everyone. Afterwards we met and drank with a few people backstage. Then agreed to go back to the hotel to eat.

Dinner was tense. What with everyone making conversation and pretending not to see that Bono and Adam were not looking each other in the eye, that I was not looking anyone in the eye and that Adge was watching us all with an unusual quiet air about her, I forced myself to think about going to the room I'd been sharing with Adam to get my things.

"You sure you don't want me to go with you?" Adge asked quietly as I excused myself from the after dinner drink. I could feel eyes on me but didn't look around to see who they belonged to.

I shook my head at Adge, "No I'll be fine. I just want to get in there and get out. You shouldn't be lifting stuff anyway."

Adge reluctantly agreed but stopped me again as I was in the hallway. She put a hand on my arm and I turned to her warily, trying not to see Edge watching us from a few feet away.

"Yeah?"

"I'm going to talk to Larry and get him to take you in."

"Well don't force him. I don't want to be a bother." I said dryly, feeling stung by her words. It wasn't her fault that Larry and I had never been particularly close though.

Adge rolled her eyes and waved a hand. "You're not a bother. That's just Larry. But I'm sure after I explain, and with a little help from Edge, we'll have him rolling out the spare bed for you."

"Fabulous."

Adge scowled in displeasure at my sarcastic attitude and snapped. "If you don't want my help then just say so! I'll be more then happy to stay out of this whole thing! You can just get your own room!"

My blood started boiling and I was about to snap back with some hurtful comment when Edge popped up next to Adge, smiling calmly. "Is there a problem?"

"Yes. Red is being a bitch." Adge snapped. Edge blinked while I gaped.

"Me?! I'm a bitch!? Listen here you cream puff! I'll-"

"I think that's enough." Edge interrupted smoothly. He took Adge by the hand and pulled her resisting form into the dining room, leaving me to glare after them. Edge slipped back out after a few minutes and I debated if I should have just left.

Edge turned to me, his face lined with a chiding frown. "There's no need for you to fight with each other. I know things are tense-"

"You think!" I fumed.

Edge went on tersely, "But, she's trying to help you. This is a difficult situation and we're all trying to adjust."

"Maybe I should just quit then. It might better if I leave." I said, feeling defeated. What was the point in dealing with all this? Just to keep a job?

Edge's sigh brought me back. "You can't quit. You are a valuable member of our team."

"Maybe, but will you still need me when you're living in L.A? I mean can you see all of us living in the same house? And you'll have a baby added to the mix soon! Can Adam and I really live under the same roof with things like they are?"

Edge's face eased into a smile. "We'll simply put you and Adam on opposite sides on the house. And should you feel the need to bite each others heads off you can do it out of the house limits. But when you're in the house it's only strict politeness. Sound fair?"

"You...how the hell did you get like this? I mean did you buy your brain or something? Maybe you're an alien.."

Edge's eyes crinkled with his chuckle. "Don't question. Just abide me and be glad I'm on your side hmm?"

I nodded, smirking. "Yeah, sure Edge. I'll talk to you later. I have to go and get my things." The weight of that settled on my shoulders and I wanted to sink into the nearest bed and never come out. Edge wrapped an arm around me and guided me in the right direction.

"It wont take long and who knows, you might feel better afterwards. Adge and I will talk to Larry for you. If that's alright?"

I looked into Edge's patient gaze and mumbled. "Sure, it's alright." I left quickly, feeling like a right arse for...everything.

***U2***

An hour later I stood before Larry's door clutching one of my suitcases and on the verge of crying my eyes out. Moving my things had been as hard as I'd predicted and I almost couldn't bare to close the door behind me as I left. But somehow I'd made it. Knowing that it was my choice had helped. And I refused to get all weepy about it and act like it was the end of the world. With my resolve once again intact I straightened my spine and knocked swiftly on Larry's door.

"Comin'!" Larry yelled and the door opened.

I fixed a smile on my face. "Hey Lar."

Larry blinked and frowned as his eyes traveled over me and landed on the luggage at my feet. "Oh. Edge told me what's going on." He said stiffly and met my eyes. I could see the confusion in his eyes.

I swallowed. "Yeah...it...it's wasn't easy but I just had to do it."

Larry nodded, letting me off the hook for now and without another word he bent and started bringing my luggage in. I thanked him quietly and stepped inside.

"I've got twin beds here. You can use the spare." Larry said quietly while leading me further into the room towards the bedroom.

He set my things on what I assumed was the spare bed and stood awkwardly for a moment. "Er...have you got anything special you'll be needing?" He asked tentatively, running a hand trough his hair. He reminded me of himself at 15 or so with all the fidgeting and I found it adorable. Larry probably didn't share that opinion so I re framed from mentioning it.

"No I'm okay." I answered instead and sighed. "Lar you don't have to act like I'm going to explode any second. I'm fine. And I really appreciate you doing this. It means a lot."

Larry mumbled something, obviously embarrassed and shifted from foot to foot. I smiled and left to put a few things into the bathroom and to give him time to get over his embarrassment. This was an odd situation for both of us but with a little luck we could make it work. It was only for one night after all. We could handle that. Hopefully.

***U2***

Laying in the bed next to Larry wasn't that odd. I'd done it once before so there weren't too many surprises as we got ready for bed. It was a tad awkward as we exchanged good nights. Larry fell asleep after only a few minutes. But I was unaccustomed to sleeping alone and that led to a long night of tossing and turning. Sleep just wouldn't come. At three in the morning I resorted to counting the different hair styles Bono had had over the years and soon dozed off.

***U2***

An insistent clattering clanking noise woke me. "Oh God. What the hell is that?" I grumbled as I rubbed my eyes.

"fuck!" Larry's shout made me jump and squint across the semi dark room. The shades were drawn and I couldn't see much.

"Larry?"

The only answer I got was more cursing coming from somewhere around the loo area. I sat up and leaned to the side, reaching for the lamp. Light illuminated my corner of the room and I blinked my eyes trying to focus.

"What's wrong Lar?" I called out tentatively, hoping that whatever it was wouldn't involve me having to leave my nice warm bed.

Larry cursed again and growled, "Fuckin' toilet isn't working!"

"Oh god." I rolled my eyes and flopped back into bed. "Don't tell me you're trying to fix it yourself!"

The cursing got louder and switched to Gaelic. That meant I had one pissed off drummer in the loo. Sighing I swung my feet over the edge of the bed and stood. I was careful to arrange my pajamas so that I was decently covered. I'd suffered enough embarrassment lately.

The light from the loo guided me across the room and I peeked inside. My eyes widened at the sight before me. Larry, kneeling on the tiled floor, bare-chested, in impossibly tight jeans, holding some kind of wrench, and still cursing up a storm. In a nut shell he made one hell of an attractive sight to see first thing in the morning.

I cleared my throat lightly as I tried not to ogle Larry's arse and instead eyed the toilet seat which was now on the floor along with other parts I didn't recognize. "Um Lar? Why don't you just call the manager and have him send someone up?"

Larry flung me a dirty look over his shoulder. "What a grand idea! Why didn't I think of that? Oh I know! Because I woke up this morning and said to myself, 'Bloody hell I feel like taking apart a toilet today!" He sat back on his heels and flung the wrench out of his hand with a look of disgust. "I already called the fecking manager. There wont be someone up here until eight."

"Tonight?" I asked in astonishment. "We'll be gone by then!"

"Not tonight!" Larry groaned as he stood. He reached back to rub a hand over his back and cringed. "This morning at eight." He looked up from glaring at the offensive toilet and took in my appearance. His eyes widened. "You look like shite. The shower still works at least if you want to, you know, fix yourself up a bit."

I scowled. "Gee thanks. Yes I'll take a shower and 'fix myself up.' but first...wait.." I blanched. "Did you say eight this morning? What the hell time is it then?"

Larry shrugged as he washed his hands at the sink and scowled at his reflection when he spied the gunk on his cheek. "A little after six last time I checked." He mumbled, scrubbing his cheek harshly.

Groaning I left the loo in search of a clock. It was only seven thirty! We still had three hours before check out time and by all rights I shouldn't have been up for another hour at least. And it being that early meant I had only gotten four and a half hours of sleep.

With a deep sigh I laid face down on my bed and screamed into my pillow. Could things get worse then this? I'd had two arguments with Adge in one day and talking with Edge about the whole Bono thing hadn't exactly soothed my nerves or solved my problems. Then I'd gone and told Adam I needed to take a break from our relationship but of course we still had to be within spitting distance of one another for several more months. I still didn't know if I should tell Adge about Bono being in love with her...again. And there was still the little problem of me not jumping Bono's bones because suddenly I found myself extremely attracted to him. So really I didn't have that much to worry about. I whimpered and prayed for sleep to take me away. Far away.

"What are you going on about?" Larry grunted from somewhere on my left.

I turned my head and opened one eye to glare at him. But it was not noticed as Larry's back was to me. He was too busy throwing clothes into a suitcase to look at me.

"I'm not going on about anything. I just have a lot on my mind. And do you have to start packing now?" I grumped at him.

He snorted and folded his leather jacket slipping it gently in with the rest of his things. "Yes I do need to pack now. I want to get all this shite done so we can get the hell out of here." The last three words were punctuated with Larry flinging shoes into his case and slamming it closed.

I pulled myself up onto an elbow and frowned. "But we don't have to leave until eleven..."

Larry shot me an only slightly sympathetic look. "We're leaving as soon as possible. Paul's orders. He reasons that with the publicity about the fight in front of the hotel it would be smart for us to leave as soon as possible." Larry and I shared a flinch. "So you better get packing."

"I'm still packed from last night." I said quietly, not able to keep the emotion out of my voice.

With his back facing me again Larry froze. "Oh. Er...guess that saves you some time then." He resumed putting some things from his bed side table into a personal bag and I rolled my eyes and gave up any hope of sleeping.

"Yeah I guess so. I'm going to take a shower." I grumbled at Larry's back.

He grunted, not bothering to turn around.

"Well I'll say right now that this day is certainly cheerier then yesterday." I muttered and closed the loo door sharply, wishing I could close the door to all of my problems just as easily.

So sorry that Bono was absent in this chapter! He'll be in the next one...promise! :sexywink:

Thanks to everyone for reading! :hug:

Here's a bit more :)

Enjoy!

Exit - Chapter 19

Exit -

"Bono, do you have to keep staring at me? What's the problem? Do I have something sticking out of my nose? My teeth? WHAT!?" Adge asked, aggravated to near fury by Bono's glances.

Bono squirmed in his first class, completely comfortable seat, and said, "I'm sorry Aids. I just can't seem to get comfortable."

Adge stared at him hard. "What are you calling me Aids again?"

"Am I? Oh...just a slip of the tongue I guess."

"Uh huh..."

Bono stopped looking at Adge after that, keeping his gaze resolutely in his lap. Adge tossed him a few curious looks for a few minutes but even those faded off as Edge brought up the old argument about baby names. Edge wanted to name the baby Blue if it was a girl. And pink if it was a boy? No that's not true, but it amused me to think so.

I shifted in my seat and sighed as I looked out of my little window. When we were flying I absolutely had to have the window seat or I was in danger of hyperventilating. This trip was only a little over two hours long but I wasn't taking any chances. Luckily Larry had been nice enough to exchange seats with me when we boarded. He was sitting next to me and Bono was just in front of him. Across the isle from Bono was Adge, Edge, and in front of them was Adam and Paul.

Adam and I hadn't said so much as one word to each other since the day before and I wasn't too keen on starting a conversation anytime soon.

"Have you seen this?" Larry said, with a trace of disgust in his voice as he handed me a magazine. "They picked the same one as the other magazine."

I glanced at the cover and snorted. There on it's glossy surface was Larry, Adam, Edge, and Bono looking up at me with their bad boy looks firmly in place. I recalled that photo shoot and how everyone had been trying all kinds of crazy things to get Larry to smile. Edge and Adge had started dancing like monkeys while Adam and Bono did the funky chicken. But none of that worked. Not until Bono slipped on the floor, completely by accident, and fell flat on his arse. Larry guffawed and the camera clicked away.

But here was a picture of U2 looking as somber as ever. I guessed that they hadn't wanted to use a picture of Larry laughing his arse off, Bono flat on his are, and the rest of the band dancing the funky chicken. I couldn't really blame them.

"It doesn't look so bad." I offered hopefully.

Larry rolled his eyes and snatched it out of my hands.

"Ow! Millions of painful paper cuts!"

"Sorry." He grumbled and slumped into the magazine. The only signs of life were an occasional snort or chuckle.

I glanced over to see what Bono was up too and smiled softly. He was hunched over with his chin bobbing against his chest, asleep. He looked like a little boy, as cute as ever.

Adge and Edge were calmed down from their baby name argument and were now leaning into each other trying to catch a cat nap.

My eyes strayed to Adam before I could stop myself and I swallowed thickly. I could only see the back of his head and the side of him as he was sitting in the isle seat. He was flipping casually through a magazine and sipping on a cup of tea. Or maybe coffee. He did like to have a nice cup of coffee once in a while.

That thought set off a series of flashes in my mind of Adam and I in the morning, sharing coffee and slow pleasurable kisses. I groaned and closed my eyes, slumping in my seat and closing my eyes. Maybe if I wished hard enough the flight would be over sooner.

***U2***

"Are you sure this is the place?" Larry asked as we stepped out of the limo and gaped at the mansion in front of us. We'd been herded straight from the airport into a limo and then driven here, to a seriously huge house that we were renting while U2 went over some contracts concerning Rattle and Hum.

"It's fecking huge." Adam said in a surprisingly calm voice under the circumstances. He craned his neck to look up at the arched windows. "I bet it gets good light."

Adge gurgled, "This place isn't huge! It's ginormous!" She turned to Edge. "Is this really our house for the next two weeks!?"

Edge took in our surroundings, his eyes skimming over road signs and addresses. "I believe it is. I'll go have a talk with the driver just to make sure." He left and came back in a hurry with a wry grin in his face. "This is the place all right. I've got the keys."

"Can I open the door?" Bono asked hopefully, bouncing on the sidewalk with his eyes shinning excitedly. Edge and Adge shared a long suffering grin and Edge tossed Bono the keys.

"Go for it mate."

Bono ran up the manicured lawn, whooping happily. We all shared grins and made our way up after him.

"Wait till we all get there!" Adge called out as Bono put the key in and was about to twist. He glanced at us over his shoulder pouting and probably wondering if it was worth going on ahead without us. Adge's glare made us his mind and with a sigh he stood waiting for the rest of us.

"Okay Bono go for it." Larry said warily once we'd all reached the door.

Grinning from ear to ear Bono turned the key and swung the door open.

"SURPRISE!" Somewhere around fifty people yelled at the top of their lungs as soon as we stepped into the house.

"AH!" Bono stepped back into Edge as if shoved, his eyes wide.

Edge steaded Bono. "What the?" He questioned in awe as the rest of us stared.

Larry sighed and shoved his way to the front of us, encompassing the whole group in his glare. "Who the hell are all of you?! And what are you doing in our house?"

A man stepped forward from the sea of grinning faces and shook Larry's hand. "Hey Lar, nice to see you again." We all relaxed, but only slightly, recognizing the director who'd been traveling with us most of the tour filming the concerts. Phil Joanou was his name and he was nice...if not a little eccentric. But who were we to say?

Larry wasn't impressed with any of it and continued glaring. "What's going on?"

Phil laughed and waved behind him, 'Well you see, when we knew for sure you were getting this place some of us decided to throw you a little welcoming party."

"Little?" I asked in shock. "If this is little, what's big?"

I was ignored as Phil went on sheepishly, "I hope we didn't give you too bad of a scare." A few people in the group chuckled.

"A surprise party!" Bono beamed as he shook Phil's hand and started making eye contact with some of the others. "How thoughtful of you all! Isn't this thoughtful Edge?"

Edge smiled. "Yes, very. I fell very welcomed. As soon as I get over my panic attack I'll be fine."

Everyone laughed as Edge wiped his brow and then came the introductions. I stayed near the back, knowing that most of the people here were only interesting in meeting the band.

After Bono introduced the rest of the gang he glanced around and grinned when he spotted Adge. He pulled her up to his side and she grinned widely at Phil. "This little lady is-"

"No don't tell me." Phil smiled and took Adge's hand. "This is the love of your life, Mrs. Hewson. Am I right?"

Adge laughed in delight, Edge's lips twisted wryly while Larry and Adam shared an amused look. I knew I must've gone pale and Bono's smile turned strained.

"Too close!" Adge winked as she sidled up to Edge's side. He wrapped an arm around her and Phil's eyes widened. "But I'm actually Mrs. The Edge."

"Ahh! Well I wasn't too far off." Phil snickered. "The lead singer, the guitarist. Who can tell the difference anymore?"

"Give Bono a guitar and you'll know the difference. Trust me." Larry put in dryly.

"Hey!" Bono scowled and swatted at Larry's head. He ducked in time and smirked at the lead singer.

"Well I have to say I was lucky to snag Adge. I don't think my guitarist skills had much to do with it." Edge glanced down at her. "Right?"

"First of all you didn't snag me. We snagged each other and don't you forget it. And of course I love you because of your guitarist skills what did you think? That I actually want to be with you? I don't think so."

Everyone chuckled and Edge nodded solemnly. "My wife speaks the truth."

Adge eyed him narrowly. "You're just agreeing with everything I saw these days."

Edge smiled mischievously. "Of course I am love. How else can I keep you from taking my time machine away?"

"Ha. Not only that. I have the keys to everything you own. Including your heart. You better watch out."

Edge laughed and saluted. "Yes Ma'am!"

Adge swatted at his stomach. "Don't Ma'am me!"

"I can't win." Edge sighed woefully and we all laughed.

Still chuckling Edge slipped away to mingle. Larry, I noticed, was trying to leave unnoticed and my fingers itched to grab him and yank him back. If I had to suffer through this party then he had to too! But he was to quick for me and made it out the front door before I could take two steps in his direction.

I growled in irritation and resigned myself to an evening of rubbing elbows with these people. Whoever they were. Since no one had approached me yet I took the time to look around. The space I was in now was a drawing room/entrance hall. The ceilings were high, the walls white, and a sweeping staircase was off to the right, most likely leading to the bedrooms. The floors were wood with big plush carpets of all colors. Most of the furniture, if there ever was any, seemed to be moved out of the way for the party.

I wandered through a wide archway and gaped when I entered a room with wall to wall windows over looking the city of L.A. White crisp curtains surrounded only a few on them but gave it all an elegant look that made my shoulders relax and a sigh escape my lips.

People were crowded around a large seating area in the middle of the room on chairs, love seats and couches. Large tables of food were against one wall of windows and my mouth watered at the assortment of deli meats, breads, and fruits. The open bar closed the deal for me and I made a bee line to that wall. I piled a modest amount of food on a plate, and got a strawberry margarita (So what if it was only eleven in the morning? I deserved it.)

Unsure where I should be sitting I wandered around some more until I found one of the biggest kitchens I'd ever seen. And me being a professional cook...well that's saying something. Going unnoticed by the few people who walked by me on their way to who knows where I nibbled on my food contentedly and enjoyed the quiet.

"Pathetic!" Adge spat, walking breezily into the kitchen and stopping in front of me, much to my surprise. How did she even fine me? Adge stomped her foot, put her hands on her hips and snorted. "Don't they have anything better to do!?"

I blinked and swallowed my mouth full of watermelon. "Who?"

"Those...those woman! They're all over him! It's disgusting!"

I gaped. "Oh my god poor Edge! He must be hating it. Time to plan a rescue?"

Adge looked at me as if I was nuts. "Not Edge! Bono! They're all over him out there! He can't take one step before there's another herd, gaggle, pack, whatever, all over him!"

"Woman? All over Bono?" I asked slowly and Adge nodded fiercely. "Um Adge I hate to break this to you but that's not really surprising. Woman are always all over Bono. He's Bono. Watermelon?"

"No, I don't want any watermelon! And that's no excuse! They're should have some fucking dignity! Instead of throwing themselves at him like two cent hookers."

"Uhhh..." I slipped off of my stool, watching Adge carefully. "Are you feeling okay? Those woman are just excited to see Bono. Think about how you'd feel if you'd never met him before. You'd probably be acting a little crazy too."

She rolled her eyes in exasperation and waved her arms around. "I'd be excited sure! But I wouldn't be yelling, 'Bono, Bono, Bono, BONO!' It's so annoying!"

"Okay you're sitting right now and calming down." I steered Adge over to the kitchen table and made her sit down. "How about a refreshing drink?" She nodded, pressing her lips tight together.

I went to look in the fridge hoping they had something descent. The whole thing was practically stuffed with soft drinks. "You just made my day." I said happily. I walked back to the table and shrieked when I saw Adge lifting my margarita class to her lips. "ADGE NO!"

Adge jerked, spilling half my drink on the table. "WHAT!?" She yelped at me, shocked at my outburst.

I wiped up the mess and took the glass shakily as I handed her a soft drink. "Sorry I yelled. It's just..this is a margarita." I said calmly.

Adge paled. "Oh. Thanks then."

I sat down next to her and watched her sip her drink. "Are you okay?"

"Mmm hmm. I am now. Stupid hormones. I swear I'll be so happy when this baby is born." She sighed. "I just wish they'd leave him alone you know? All of the attention goes to his head sometimes. and then he's impossible to talk to. Always flirting...all over me.." She scowled and shrugged. "Not that I don't like that. But it gets a little tiring. And at times like these, when I need to talk to him, he's too busy swimming in gorgeous woman to listen!"

"What do you need to talk to him about that can't wait?" I asked, raising an eyebrow in interest.

"I don't want to talk about it with you." Adge said stiffly.

I jerked back as if struck. "Oh..."

"It's nothing personal. I just have to talk to Bono about this. And only Bono." She looked at me intently.

I nodded, to let her know I wasn't upset. We sipped our drinks in silence for a few minutes. Then something occurred to me that made me smile. "Do you know what you sounded like when you barged in here?" "What?" Adge asked warily.

I grinned. "A jealous wife."

Her eyes widened. "That's mental!"

"No it's not. Just admit it. You're jealous of the attention Bono gives his fans." Adge sunk into moody silence and I rolled my eyes. "Oh come on it's not that bad. I admit I get jealous too. Mostly of people all over Adam but Bono too and Edge and even Larry. I feel protective towards them so it's natural I guess."

Adge seemed to be thinking that over. "I always knew I was protective of them but I didn't think I'd actually get so pissed about it."

"Hormones don't help." I put in sweetly.

"You don't need to remind me." She flinched and placed a hand on her belly. "Wow that was a strong kick. Little Paul Jr. is going to be one hell of a good football player."

My eyes went round. "Paul Jr!? As in Paul Hewson!?"

"Yep..."

My mouth turned into a perfectly round 'O' as I stared.

Adge grinned. "You're so easy sometimes."

My breath came out in a whoosh. "That was not funny! You're trying to kill me with shock I swear."

Adge was still giggling as she suggested we go see what our men had gotten up to. I ignored the pang in my heart that gave me and we left in search of 'our' men.

The drawing room was practically wall to wall with people and I gasped, "Are they multiplying!?"

"No, just more people. We must be popular." Adge snickered. "For the first time ever."

I snorted and shook my head. "We'll never find anyone in this!"

"Excuse me?" A voice said as a hand brushed over my elbow.

I turned with a polite, if not a little strained, smile on my face and froze. "You're.....you're.....you're!" Adge elbowed me in the ribs and I gasped, "You're Sting!"

Back
Top Bottom