Exclusive: U2 May Call It A Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
originally posted by u2_girlie_2002

I refer back to the VH1 legends special-
"it's not measured in sales or even relevence...are you still blowing your own mind? Are you growing as a singer, as a songwriter and as a person?" Bono went on to say he definitely thinks so for him as well as the band.

Larry also said in that show that he didn't want everything to end. He did say they would obviously record less and tour less, but he still wanted to keep it going. And I've read Bono say only Larry could call it quits for the band.

And they better not go anytime soon, because I haven't seen them in concert yet either! I would hate going to the next tour, knowing it would be my one and only chance to see them live.

I will believe the rumor when the bandmembers themselves confirm it. Until then, it's just a rumor.

I don't think there has ever been a band like U2; still innovative, still playing together and still close friends after nearly 30 years. The "rules" don't seem to apply to them. And thank God for that. :up:

Oh, and U2Kitten, I like your sig pic! A great pic of Bono and a quote from a Chicago song! :D

:sad: They just can't...quit... :( :sad:
I haven't seen them live either :( :sad: Man, this is so sad :(

I don't believe that rumor. :madspit: If they had wanted to quit, they would have done it a long time ago. If they kept going is because they really love their jobs :sad:

The day U2 call it quits will be the saddest indeed but maybe we should all bear it in mind the "boys" are all entering that mid-life crisis stage which has been known to do some pretty weird things to some people (i partly blame it for my obsession with Bono and all things U2). So I guess we must all keep our fingers crossed and pray the rumours are not true! Worst case scenario they do a "final" grand tour and all of us who havent seen them live (me included) will have our moment of ecstacy.
In the meantime let's lighten it up a bit and post our ideas of what we imagine their new jobs could be:

Bono:

Apart from continuing his very worthwhile charities -

Part-time skyjumping instructor. If this doesnt satisfy his need for danger i.e. Hold me, Thrill me, Kiss me, Kill me

then maybe:
Sales assistant in ladies leatherwear department.

Imagine "Bono tell me the truth, do these pants make my bum look big?" :eek: :uhoh:

Bono sings "this is all we can do!" :applaud: :applaud:

some soothing, encouraging thots

like a few other people have said, remeber the 'fish farm' comments :D

Plus think of these things
A) Bono says at least for him--he's still trying to get the music down better & better that he hears in his head.

B) If Edge is doing these intense great gutair things, would there only be enough for one more {this} tour?

C) What if this tour is as great or *even* better that the Elevation Tour. Couldn't that Magic keep them going?

I think that statement/rumour is way too blanket a comment to be true. Esp since they haven't even realeased the record, let alone gone on Tour, yet.

Take a look at Springsteen :drool: :drool: Oh I did! saw him 2x's this past year! >very lucky me!<

He was out there * rocking out and having a great time* as well as I'd ever seen him. And he's in his mid-50's!

There's a *good chance* they'll {u2} do a another record still and a tour for that one. It just might get more spread out in time.

SO take heart :heart: my Plebans and *Concentrate Instead* on ways of saving /or making extra money to get tix and plan your transportation!

Meanwhile I shall *mentally keep my fingers crossed*--that all of you who have never seen them *will* this upcoming tour!

While I *hope* that I >it may seem 'nit-picky' to some of you-who have never seen them< will *Finally* get close enough at a show to them to finally take Concert Photos of them!

You must Understand {as Frodo said}-- I have been a R&R SuperFan for about 33 years. I have taken good to *superb* photos of just about all my favorite bands --Who, Bruce, PAtti SmithGroup, Television and a bunch of my 2nd tier favs, and some local bands.

I and my friends for all the 23 years we've been fans of U2- we have never, ever had *any good, let alone great U2 seats*. It's not for onesupmenship. It's the love of the band/music, & their live performance.

I snuck my big camera in pieces wrapped as birthday presents for the Summer Elev tour. I put it together after the lights went down, but film didn't take up on the spool!

'Course, I didn't *know this* till the negs came back completely clear/blank :( :scream: :rant:

But after 9-11 I *didn't* dare try and sneak it in. :uhoh:

So that's one of my biggest U2 wishes plus seeing them outside the venues up close.

Good Luck to us all!!! !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom