Excellent Review of the New Book on Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know that I've been gone awhile from this thread, but I will be at the United Center all four days that the Vertigo tour is there.

I have tix for the 9 and 10 May concerts but will be helping out two organizations that we all know passing out their info at the other two concerts, so I hope to meet up with some of you at one of the concerts.

Chicago is my hometown so I can help anyone who needs to get around Chicago.

And I just got this book today (along with Jeff Sachs' "The End of Poverty") and can't wait to read it! :hyper:

*YAY*!! I just got the book tonight read the first few pages and Im already hooked!!!.......I can see sleepless night in my future... what with staying up late and reading.......Oh well I can always sleep at work in front of the computer *like I always do:shifty:

Last edited:
:up: the book rocks! Tim got it for me right after my first U2 shows while I was still on a high and I devoured the first half of it on the plane home :D
Bono is amazing! What a lucky guy to get to ask Bono so many questions and spend so much time getting to know him :yes:

I just got it as well, now I have to tear myself away from work, the blue crack, family, the Niall Stokes book... Why are there only 24 hours in a day? :scratch:

This book is good, and not only for the reason of Bono being the subject. It taught me a lot about the African organization and so when I get into debate, I know specifics and examples and references. I can now say with a loud voice, "6500 Africans die a day. Bono is one of the most powerful celebrities out there, why? Because he helped drop 1/3 of Africa's debt since his organization started, about a $100 billion has been dropped."
I now welcome debate.

But I know I'll kick ass.

I got this book earlier in the week. I've been dying to read it all week, but I'm making myself wait until I get on the plane to Chicago. :)

:ohmy: Miss Becky I don't know how you can handle not reading the book.
And you're going to Chicago too? When you meet Bono please tell him I say Hi! :p

LostAtMoon said:
:ohmy: Miss Becky I don't know how you can handle not reading the book.
And you're going to Chicago too? When you meet Bono please tell him I say Hi! :p

It's hard, not reading the book just yet. And I hope I get to meet him! I don't know what I'll do if I get the chance. Probably melt into a puddle right at his feet! :wink:

verte76 said:
As if I really need to get another book. :reject:

:lol:

know that feeling, verte. i ordered my copy online, shipping was free with an order over $40, so i ordered this one and another one. that's on top of the other 20 i've bought since christmas.

need to stay away from the blue crack and get reading.

:crack:

Back
Top Bottom