Evil Pop-up windows!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
:shrug: I downloaded SOMETHING recently and now pop-up windows are always coming up on my computer, even when I'm not on the net. Does anybody know of a program that would do that? I downloaded Quicktime so it might be that...I uninstalled it but haven't restarted my computer since so I don't know...

I've had that happen before. One thing you may want to try is go into the Control Panel of your computer, and select Add/Remove Programs. Scan through the list of them and see if you notice something that looks suspicious; sometimes, a program will install automatically and often is listed there.

Download Lavasoft's AdAware. It will do a scan of your computer and let you remove spyware (programs that my be triggering the pop-ups). The program is free, small and easy to use.

nbcrusader said:
Download Lavasoft's AdAware. It will do a scan of your computer and let you remove spyware (programs that my be triggering the pop-ups). The program is free, small and easy to use.

Do you have a link?

kazaa killed my computer with ads. nasty unfriendly thing that kazaa is...

yeah...kazaa is usually really bad when I have it running...but I don't have it running and still...crazy with the pop-ups!

i tried to delete it. this really sketchy anti-virus thing won't go away, but kazaa LOOKS like it's gone. i figured that no way was it really worth the hell and torment of dealing with kazaa to be able to download stuff...

wertsie said:
Okay...since that's apparently a hoax...any other ideas?

What happened? I've rechecked it and it works.

Another alternative would be software downloads from download.com or cnet.com and do a search for adaware.

Back
Top Bottom