Ever Meet a Stranger that becomes a U2-friend??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swandiver

War Child
I met a young woman at a dinner ceremony my husband was attending. I don't know how we got talking about U2, but as soon as the word "Bono" came out of one of our mouths, it was like high school.

Her boyfriend threw up his hands and said, "Bono, Bono, Bono!" We pushed him said, even though he was graduating from a program, and shared our mutual love stories.

Turns out she got to be in the same room as Bono when he was in Indianapolis during his Heartland tour. Her friend worked at the newspaper and told her to get there within 15 minutes, because Bono was going to be there in 30 and they wouldn't let anyone in after that. She said she thought surely being a U2 fan and of Irish descent that he'd look right at her, but she only made eye contact with his body-guard. :wink:

She got a photo of him and sent it to me later. That photo accompanied me to the hospital for surgery.

I sent her copies of the Notre Dame concert CD's. Then a Christmas card with the Bono-Santa photo someone posted so nicely here.

And I received in the mail this weekend a copy of Peter & the Wolf from her with a handwritten note that she had been in Dublin, went to the Clarence, went to the private lounge (thinking it was the public bar) .... and .... yeah, you guessed it ...

Bono was there!:happy: She said he was with 2 other people and it looked like an interview. She was about 3 feet away. She and her friend ordered drinks, but got asked to leave since they weren't staying at the hotel. They enced up at the "Octagon" -- and she sent me 4 coasters from there.

I may have to go slap her now!:lmao:

So, anyone else make a friend with your mutual love of U2??

I made lots of friends through U2 and forums then lol and I receive lots f presents at Christmas then. :evil::lmao:

oh geez, yeah i met so many people (U2fans) who are now my best friends ever!!! :love:
we lived so many things together, so many intensive days :crazy:
i met them through forums or so, and now, i see them regularly :yes:
we are always saying that one day, we will have to thank U2 for that :bow:... for giving us the opportunity to meet :heart:

i don't have such an interesting story as yours, swandiver :)...but i have made new friends simply because of a shared love for U2...and even 5 years later, my highschool friend and i still argue about who is the bigger U2 fan....he's convinced he's got me beat...!! :rolleyes:
i think not!!! :madspit:

I met someone about 7 yrs ago who later became my boyfriend. He walked into the place I was working at and asked my co-worker for help retouching a photograph/poster. She asked for my opinion on what to do to make the tree in the photo darker and when I walked over I saw a photo that I thought was of U2. I didnt even notice the cute guy standing there. When I got closer I saw that it was a photo of him with some friends at the actual Joshua tree. Of course I had to know how he found the tree and we struck up a conversation. Needless to say we eventully got together.
He took me to see the tree on new years day 1998.:wink:

Last edited:
teenie said:
I met someone about 7 yrs ago who later became my boyfriend. He walked into the place I was working at and asked my co-worker for help retouching a photograph/poster. She asked for my opinion on what to do to make the tree in the photo darker and when I walked over I saw a photo that I thought was of U2. I didnt even notice the cute guy standing there. When I got closer I saw that it was a photo of him with some friends at the actual Joshua tree. Of course I had to know how he found the tree and we struck up a conversation. Needless to say we eventully got together.

oh geez!!! :shocked: my roomie just told me today that her brother went to see the tree and took a pic with his friend, like on the joshua tree cover album.... so when i read ur story, i thought the guy ur talking about was her brother!!!! but he is living in seattle... maybe one of his friends?? :confused:

teenie said:

That's a sweet story :hug: Thank you for sharing it :)

Just online! :lol:

I did meet someone, but I was just passing through on vacation so we couldn't make real friends. I was in a country store way out in the mountains and while I was ringing up my stuff I thought I heard All I Want Is You playing. I asked the guy if it was, and he said yes. I asked if it was the radio or a cd, and he said it was his cd of Best of 80-90. He told me he'd been a U2 fan since UF and had been to ZOOTV and Elevation concerts. If I ever see him again I'll ask if he has an email and I'll try to get him to come here!

Back
Top Bottom