even though i don't post in pleba...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stories for Boys said:

however, i am missing a certain inspirational guitarist. HOW SAD IS THAT? :huh: of all of them, he's the one i want most. in minneapolis, i said "edge, do you think i could get a picture" and he said "i don't think so". ouch. i've been dissed by the edge.

:(

Stories for Boys said:
actually, in the tour forum i posted my picture with a certain blonde drummer...from after chicago 6

however, i am missing a certain inspirational guitarist. HOW SAD IS THAT? :huh: of all of them, he's the one i want most. in minneapolis, i said "edge, do you think i could get a picture" and he said "i don't think so". ouch. i've been dissed by the edge.

he's just jealous :wink:

Stories for Boys said:
actually, in the tour forum i posted my picture with a certain blonde drummer...from after chicago 6

I had a total :reject: moment last week when you were talking about not getting your picture taken with him. I think I made a really stupid comment when we were talking about it in my apartment. :reject:

I really hope you can get him when he's available to take pictures. Maybe he just doesn't like to do it when there's a big crowd because then everyone will want a picture. When I met him the first time, there was a very small crowd and he was more than willing to take pictures with everyone that asked. Maybe it's because he was just at his hotel leaving for a night out and not in front of hundreds of fans waiting for the concert. :shrug: My picture with Edge means more to me than anything I've ever asked him to sign. I'd kill for a picture with Bono and not just ones I've taken of him....

You still have a lot of opportunities left to meet him. Just stick with my group. :flirt: We've had really good luck so far (other than Larry :mad: ). Maybe we'll bump into Edge again on the street somewhere :sexywink:

Last edited:
oh, guys....don't think i'm not grateful! i know just how lucky i am! i wouldn't trade jamming with edge on stage for all the pictures in the world! it's just one of those things, you know. i only have bono's autograph...i'd rather have a picture than an autograph any day, and really i just think it's awesome to be able to say thanks. and i'm sure i'll get the picture with edge someday. it's just weird that eep and i can chat with bono for 5 minutes and yet i feel like i can't even approach edge. it makes me a little sad, cause i'm such a guitar dork...and amanda, don't stress...we were just having fun and giddy from the show. i know how much that picture means to you...it's hung in two spots within 10 feet of eachother :sexywink:

i hope i didn't come off as ungrateful, cause i really treasure everything that's happened on this tour!

Stories for Boys said:
oh, guys....don't think i'm not grateful! i know just how lucky i am! i wouldn't trade jamming with edge on stage for all the pictures in the world! it's just one of those things, you know. i only have bono's autograph...i'd rather have a picture than an autograph any day, and really i just think it's awesome to be able to say thanks. and i'm sure i'll get the picture with edge someday. it's just weird that eep and i can chat with bono for 5 minutes and yet i feel like i can't even approach edge. it makes me a little sad, cause i'm such a guitar dork...and amanda, don't stress...we were just having fun and giddy from the show. i know how much that picture means to you...it's hung in two spots within 10 feet of eachother :sexywink:

i hope i didn't come off as ungrateful, cause i really treasure everything that's happened on this tour!

You don't sound ungrateful!!! You've had the coolest tour experiences of any of us!

I can easily be in front of Bono and not freak out. But I can't talk to Edge either. He's my guitar hero and being in front of him makes me feel a little weak. Bono is just so easy to be around. On Sunday I thanked him for playing Crumbs last Friday and he was really happy about that acknowledgement of the song. I thought he was just going to ignore me and move on but he looked back at me and made a comment with a big smile of his face. It was a cool moment for me. But then a few minutes later when Edge was standing right in front of me and I could have easily said something to him all I could say was "hi Edge" and shake his hand. :der: I'd love to tell him what guitar parts I love and why, even if I just could mention one song. But so far I've gone completely blank when I've been face to face with him.

And you totally have it wrong....I don't have my picture with Edge 10 feet away from each other in my apartment. It's more like 5! :flirt:

I can't wait until next month! :hyper:

Funny, the way you guys feel about the Edge, I feel about Bono. I totally clammed up and couldn't think of anything interesting to say (not that giving Edge an otter is all that interesting :reject: But I felt "acknowleged" :reject: ).

Next time, we should all go to a show. I'll talk to Edge and you guys can talk to Bono, and it will all work out :wink:.

I clammed up when I met Edge.... :reject: So I understand that feeling...

With Bono, I didn't clam up quite so much :flirt:

Stories for Boys said:

You're so ungrateful! :uhoh:

J/K tour buddy. :hug:

I have yet to actually ask the Edge for a picture, so perhaps when I do ask I won't get dissed. Then again, at least you got a picture with Adam this time! I was so concerned on getting that sign signed by all of them....... heh.

hey, can I come too :sexywink:

What i was wondering about Laura or Erin, did you meet John Sampson in Dublin??
I never knew that! Can either of you give me some more details please ;)

oh , and BTW, you should post in pleba more (both of you :wink: )

greety said:
hey, can I come too :sexywink:

What i was wondering about Laura or Erin, did you meet John Sampson in Dublin??
I never knew that! Can either of you give me some more details please ;)

oh , and BTW, you should post in pleba more (both of you :wink: )

Yes we did. We just said hi to him and asked if there was any way for Laura to get a video of herself on stage playing Party Girl. He took her info from her, but she hasn't heard anything. Still, the coolest part was that while she filled out her information at the souvineer stand, Sampson had to leave twice but came back to get Laura's info. Totally cool guy.

Back
Top Bottom