Eve to star in a movie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a niece who has way more uncredited roles than she does. Stood in for Molly Shannon and Hilary Swank too. And she doesn't even have a famous dad. Maybe she can get famous on her dad's name like Stella McCartney did.

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
I have a niece who has way more uncredited roles than she does. Stood in for Molly Shannon and Hilary Swank too. And she doesn't even have a famous dad. Maybe she can get famous on her dad's name like Stella McCartney did.
Jealousy is a bitch.

Emma Roberts, neice of Julia Roberts, starred in countless uncredited films, often as a 'by-stander' for many years until her big break in Aquamarine.

Hollywood is a tough, very tough, industry.

then why post about her here? why should we be interested in your niece? Do you want us to be jealous of her?

Last edited:
Eve is gorgeous, if she wanted to be an actress I am sure she would have no problem. And I could see Bono making her earn it the hard way.....not riding on daddys coat tails.

U2Kitten said:

I think if any of Bono's kids wanted to get famous off his fame, they would be huge by now.
It says alot that they are still relatively unknown, even though Eve and Jordan are teenagers. I bet they have had lots of offers to be in programmes that are guaranteed lots of publicity, like peaches geldof etc.
But they haven't so good for them :up:

Galeongirl said:
then why post about her here? why should we be interested in your niece? Do you want us to be jealous of her?

No, I was just saying that she has way more parts and she's not even from a rich or famous family. (she is on IMDB but I'll have to ask her if it's okay to post her link) I mean that you'd think since Bono's daughters are interested in acting they could get more than just one minor part because, really, famous people do have kids riding on their coattails. Stella McCartney and Lisa Marie Presley's daughter Riley and Mick Jagger's girl Elizabeth are just some examples. It's a lot harder when you are totally unknown and one of millions with the same dream. But Eve and Jordan are honestly beautiful and if they want to act I am sure they will eventually make it! :up:

Last edited:
Wait till those kids are adults. We'll be seeing " (insert name), son/daughter of Bono" for yeeeeaaaaarrrrrsssssssss.........

And no, they won't be working down the local Maccas methinks :wink:

wildhoney88565 said:

Eve has BEBO:huh: anyone got a link for that :s

If we continue on this subject this thread will be closed.

They do have Bebo but they are set to private so only their friends can see it.

Have a nice day! :)

I don't get why you keep bring up Stella McC., she is a clothing designer and a very good one at that! She doesn't belong in a category with Lisa Marie Presleys' daughter or Mick Jagger's daughter, neither of which I or most people have ever heard of.

Stella may have used her father's name recognition to help get her career off the ground, and who could blame her if she did, but if she wasn't designing beautiful clothes nobody would buy them season after season, regardless of who her daddy is.

U2Kitten said:
I mean that you'd think since Bono's daughters are interested in acting they could get more than just one minor part because, really, famous people do have kids riding on their coattails.

Maybe some celebs' kids want to try and make it on their own merit.

^ also, maybe their parents are smart enough to keep them out of that world for as long as they can! Living in Dublin has to help with that. I have a feeling Ali tries really hard to give those kids as normal a childhood as possible.

The portrait painted by Neil McCormick in his book is actually one of the most enlightening views of Bono's daughters. And no, I can't say they have having a "normal" upbringing, by yours or mine experience, just by the people they've met in their lives.

blueeyedgirl said:
The portrait painted by Neil McCormick in his book is actually one of the most enlightening views of Bono's daughters. And no, I can't say they have having a "normal" upbringing, by yours or mine experience, just by the people they've met in their lives.
Okay, I didn't have what you might call a "normal" upbringing either. Don't even know what "normal" is supposed to mean. But I would be lucky to say my parents took me around the world to meet all kinds of people. Unfortunatly, my father didn't care for me much as a child. But I could never be jealous of anyone having these great opportunities, I think it's great and they should make the best out of it.
Apart from that, I really don't think we should get into discussing the lives of any of the band members children, it's private and we really don't know anything about them.

i really don't like where this thread is going. Just like the last one that was started by xtal.

I agree with last unicorn I really don't see the need to be discussing the lives of the band members kids. We really don't know anything them and I think that is Bono's and Ali's intention and I think they did a great job at that. Their lives are private and will stay that way. When they are adults I am sure they will choose whatever path to their liking with their parent's blessing.

Maybe Eve will go the route of actress who knows.. And it is not for us to speculate either..

corianderstem said:

Maybe some celebs' kids want to try and make it on their own merit.

If they did, they would not allow anyone to know who they were. Nicholas Cage was a Coppola but changed his name. Jakob Dylan didn't change his name but never admitted Bob was his father until his CD made it big.

And Stella, sure, her clothes are beautiful. I have known 2 girls in my life who also made beautiful clothes and had dreams of being fashion designers. Unfortunately, their families were poor and they never got the chance. Stella got in on her famous name, she was less than 30 when she got famous. Most fashion designers are much older before you ever heard of them. You can't deny it was the family name that got her the boost, while others with clothes just as beautiful didn't get that.

And as far as 'normal childhood', it's good that famous people try, but really, when your Dad is megafamous and you're a multimillionaire, there's no way you can be just like regular folk.

U2Kitten said:

And as far as 'normal childhood', it's good that famous people try, but really, when your Dad is megafamous and you're a multimillionaire, there's no way you can be just like regular folk.

But is any family just "normal"? I guess my family is pretty normal, but in reality my dad is gone more than Bono (he's home maybe a day or a few hours here and there each month).

I went to school with kids whose parents are 10 times richer than Bono (that's a real number, not just for comparison sake) and if I posted their names here, I bet only one or two people (from my area) would know who they are. They went to school with us "normal" kids and do normal stuff like school sports, dances, and plays. Sure they get to ride in private jets, have body guards (who thankfully are discreet, you don't notice them), and vacation in tropical paradise, but it's not always fair to assume that just because someone is rich or famous they are always going to be flashy about it and be treated better simply because of it.

Back
Top Bottom