Eureka! Pic hosting service that WORKS here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GypsyHeartgirl

POP for GIRLS
WOW! Thanks to my daughter I have discovered a new pic hosting service that will work here!

www.boomspeed.com

It only gives you 1MB, which is about 100 pics I think, but if you have more than one email address you can get an extra account.
If you're looking for a place to put your pics, try it! :)

bonoglow.jpg

myhandsrtied.jpg

I have over 1000 pics myself moonie! It's 1100 KB that you get. Maybe we can get two, well still 200 isn't much to us, but maybe we can use it for the big ones snapfish shrinks. That was gonna be my next question too and that's why I'm posting these monsters to see:

redshirt.jpg

sexybono.jpg

testing....1.....2......3.......

Oh one more thing- they don't go red x after 24 hours like yahoo and dotphoto! I know for sure because she made my sig several days ago and it was still up today until I had to replace it with the smaller one Bonochick shrunk it to.

The ones she made for her friends on the Harry Potter board are still up after over a week! I think we have a winner here!

edge.jpg

Looks like the only problem is the small (for PLEBA ladies) storage limit but I'm sure we can use it for some! I know I am! :yes:

I hope you all have good luck with this. Pics have been so frustrating for us! There was webshits, dotshits, then dazzle went red x, then we can't show our attachments anymore, msn not working on the new forum- so now we have this, and snapfish. Snapfish was my first service, I remember the day Sula told me about it. I'm keeping my snapfish, but I want to put some pics on this site too. I love this!

OH thank you thank you.....Snapfish wont work for me or ne thing else wooooooooow *tries it out*

Ok.....ok :D

ok well now I cant get Larry pics :no: to upload but heres me:

Mypic.bmp

Shine * Like* Stars* said:
Ha ha that's cute! What's wrong with your Larry pics?

I dunno i browse then click upload and the wee thing DISAPPEARS.....grrrrrrrr :mad: :scream: :no: :tongue: :sad: :scream:

Lara- I hope it will work for you. Are the pics you're trying to upload Jpegs? Snapfish will only take jpegs. I think boomspeed takes everything, but maybe if they have invalid extensions like art file or no extension or something weird, they won't upload. I've had that happen. Try resaving them and making sure they have the right extensions. If that's not it, I don't know. I wish you luck. Let us know how it's coming.

This is FANTASTIC! I'm so happy! Ooh, love the pix!! I don't give a damn if there are only 100 or whatever......I get addicted to the best pix and want to see them over and over......
*plants eyes firmly on hot pix from cool hosting service*
:drool: :drool: :cool: :love: :D :heart: :heart: :heart:

speaking of .art files, does anyone know how to change them into something that can be used? I have some really good pics that are .art files, but i can't ever use them :mad:

Sometimes you can turn an art file into a bitmap, I've done this. When you rightclick to save, and the little box comes up that says 'save as' and you either use its original name or give it a new one, under the name box will be a file form thing. If it's an art file, it should have a little pull down arrow that gives you the choice of saving it as a bitmap instead. Click that. It works, but it makes it so much bigger! Some services, like snapfish on regular upload method, don't accept bitmaps. :(

If anyone knows how to turn bitmaps or art files into jpegs, please tell us! :huh:

YES!!!!! This is exciting news!!!! I've been hoping for something besides snapfish! I'm going to get back to posting great big hot pics again! :yes: :)

If anyone knows how to turn bitmaps or art files into jpegs, please tell us!

To change a bitmat into a jpeg go to paint, then open the file in paint. Then from the file menu select save as and you will be able to save it as a jpeg in the same way that you would save an art file as a bitmap.

Last edited:
ILuvLarryMullen said:

To change a bitmat into a jpeg go to paint, then open the file in paint. Then from the file menu select save as and you will be able to save it as a jpeg in the same way that you would save an art file as a bitmap.

I never knew that! Thank you very much for that information! Bitmaps take up so much room on the disk and they are too big to upload here, now I can change them and delete the bitmap version!

Back
Top Bottom