ENGAGEMENT!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemonboy

Refugee
Me and my gf are getting engaged on her 20th birthday on the last of April!!!

I am so happy and just wanted to tell ya!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

"Lemons, the chicks- they love the lemon"
-Bono in Rotterdam-

"Proud member of the U2 gender"

Aaahhhh! [<--hehe, I just realized that looked funny. It's excitement.
smile.gif
]
biggrin.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

[This message has been edited by On The Edge (edited 04-13-2002).]

*palm frond of celebration*

(you were close, my Edgey friend)

Lemonboy, though I am but an ape I congratulate you! I wish you much happiness and success with your bride-to-be.

I myself was married for years to Grams Magee. What a fine life we had together.

I give you:
*coconut of happiness*
*banana of trust*
and yet another
*palm frond of celebration*

------------------
"You might say I'm the 'top banana'!" ~ myself

Lemonboy I wish you all the luck possible!
smile.gif

May you have a long and happy life together!

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

I am SOOOOOO happy for you sweetie! I wish you all the best. Thanks so much for sharing your special moment with us
biggrin.gif

Congratulations to both of you! I wish you happiness and the best of luck!
smile.gif

~Emily

*sidebar* You know, I'll be 20 in only 2 years, but I can't even contemplate getting married. I must be immature.

Originally posted by daisybean:
I passed 20 a few years ago, and I still can't contemplate getting married

Well I can see this raised a few questions....Do you still have that "Rule" that you should marry eachother one year after the engagement??

Cause here in Sweden it?s very common to just get engaged...we have discussed marriage and it is of course the next logical step but we have taken one step now and gonna be riding this wawe for a while so to speak.....

------------------
"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

-Bono in Rotterdam-

There's not really a "rule" about being engaged for a year before you get married...it can really be any length of time. One of my cousins was engaged for 6 months before she got married, one of my friends was for 2 years. I don't know anyone who has stayed engaged. I know some people who didn't want to get married, and they just lived together, no ring or anything, and they didn't ever have an engagement or call their situation one.

Congratulations, BTW!
smile.gif
((((Lemonboy and his gf))))

Congrats!!!! I wish you both the best of luck!!!!!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Oh sugar, don't you cry
Oh child, wipe the tears from your eyes
You know I need you to be strong
And the day is as dark as the night is long
Feel like trash, you make me feel clean
I'm in the black, can't see or be seen

Congratulations, Lemonboy!
smile.gif
I wish you two prosperity and happiness!

I have a 20 year old friend who just got engaged, and she's not getting married for at least 2 years, so there's not really a one year "rule."

YAY LEMONBOY!!!
Congrats!

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Gina, on Adam
Gina: WOOHOO!

Congratulations Lemonboy!! I am very happy for you. I hope that you two are very happy together.

Does that mean that you can't butler for us anymore?

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
Congratulations Lemonboy!! I am very happy for you. I hope that you two are very happy together.

Does that mean that you can't butler for us anymore?

Well Spinny Don?t Worry I have told her that she is the only one for me but I have also told her that you girls need me and that it is something she has to live with.
wink.gif

------------------
"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

-Bono in Rotterdam-

Originally posted by Lemonboy:
Do you still have that "Rule" that you should marry eachother one year after the engagement??

My fiance and I got engaged last year, but we probably aren't getting married until 2006 or 2007 because we both want to be out of school first (I will be finished at the end of this year, but he still has a way to go because he can only attend part time).

------------------
"I'm nearly great, but there's something missing..."

CONGRATULATIONS LEMONBOY!!! A beautiful and most wonderful reason to PARTY!!! YAY!!! *Gets out the very best bottle of champagne that she uhhh 'borrowed' from Bono...he said I could ok!' and pours everyone a glass* A toast to Lemonboy and his beautiful girlfriend....may you both have a splendid engagment,a fairytale wedding and a joyful marriage together!! May all the happiness and bliss you deserve come your way always.

------------------
Fear Not..For I'll Be Watching You. And I know what you're all thinking. FOR SHAME!!

Back
Top Bottom