Electrical Storm - William Orbit Version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Damn, this thing is playing weird games with my software. All the other versions downloaded into RealOne. This one downloaded into another system already on my system (I have a Gateway computer). I'm sitting here wondering if I need to defrag my system! Meanwhile I'm hopelessly confused about which version is which. Proliferating versions..........I suppose it's better than no versions. :wink: :wink: But I wish I knew which one was which!!:banghead: :banghead: :help:

OK, sorry that post didn't, uh, answer the question. Damn this confusion! I like the second version better--it has a harder edge, no pun intended. :laugh: :laugh: But really, all of the versions are lovely. What an absolutely glorious song IMHO. :heart: :heart: :heart: :edge: :adam: :larry: :bono:

no Orbit mix....

~Angelfire~ said:
I think this is the best version of the song yet! i just downloaded it from http://u2world.com . it starts off very quiet and slowly adds instruments. when they all come together WOW. this song has a different feel from the other ones. i think it's amazing!

~Angelfire~

I think it was concluded over in EYKIW that the version you're talking about is NOT the Orbit mix. Someone mentioned that when you play the other version being played on the radio only through the right, the result is what people are falsely referring to as the William Orbit mix. I tried it this morning and its true. If you have a good stereo mp3 of the regular radio version, listen only through your right headphone and you'll hear this other version that really is not another version at all. I don't think the William Orbit mix has been released yet......I could be entirely wrong, but this is how I understand it by what people are saying on the other board.

OK, but the DJ on the WXRT mix claimed that the version "you heard last hour" was the William Orbit mix. I got the WXRT version from U2France. This suggests that the William Orbit mix is out, and is, in fact, being played in some markets. This is madness!:confused: :scratch: :confused: :banghead: :banghead:

verte76 said:
OK, but the DJ on the WXRT mix claimed that the version "you heard last hour" was the William Orbit mix. I got the WXRT version from U2France. This suggests that the William Orbit mix is out, and is, in fact, being played in some markets. This is madness!:confused: :scratch: :confused: :banghead: :banghead:

I know, i heard that as well, but if it really IS the William Orbit version, than that's pretty dumb b/c it is just the right feed of the other one, lol! I'm also confused, I guess we won't know for sure until the singles arrive.....*taps fingers*:shifty:

yes orbit mix

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I think it was concluded over in EYKIW that the version you're talking about is NOT the Orbit mix. Someone mentioned that when you play the other version being played on the radio only through the right, the result is what people are falsely referring to as the William Orbit mix. I tried it this morning and its true. If you have a good stereo mp3 of the regular radio version, listen only through your right headphone and you'll hear this other version that really is not another version at all. I don't think the William Orbit mix has been released yet......I could be entirely wrong, but this is how I understand it by what people are saying on the other board.

I know what you're talking about Lies, I have that "version.." and you're right, but the William Orbit Mix I have I downloaded from newmedia, and it is most definately different

Re: yes orbit mix

Kristie said:

I know what you're talking about Lies, I have that "version.." and you're right, but the William Orbit Mix I have I downloaded from newmedia, and it is most definately different

Kristie, what's the exact file name? *goes off to look*

LOL, has anyone heard the ones circulating on Kazaa that are really just the chorus over and over? bah!

Won't somebody THINK OF THE CHILDREN! *ahem* uhh...let's pretend that made sense...

*runs around frantically trying to figure out which is which*
*head implodes*
madgo.gif
:huh:

I think the William Orbit Mix on New Media is the real W.O. mix...at least, one of them is.
:help:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Kristie, what's the exact file name? *goes off to look*

LOL, has anyone heard the ones circulating on Kazaa that are really just the chorus over and over? bah!
:rant: to ^them!

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63605

Elvis in the above listed thread:
Ok...

If you're looking for the REAL version of 'Electrical Storm (Orbit Mix)'....

Use NewMedia

search for: U2 - Electrical Storm (William Orbit Mix)

It will be 6,014KB in size.

Enjoy,

Joel

Does anyone know if this is available anywhere besides NewMedia?

*edited cause I still suck at quoting stuff...

Last edited:
filename on newmedia

U2 - Electrical Storm (William Orbit Mix)

I'm going to try to up it to my ftp, so I should be back with a link shortly

Dudes, the one i posted from u2world.com IS the REAL william orbit mix this time. you can tell 'cause it sounds totally different from the others, with new added instruments and other things. i admit, the other version that i thought was the william orbit mix was a fake but this one is the real deal. it was just added to the website today. sorry about all the confusion!

~Angelfire~

Re: yes orbit mix

Kristie said:

Right, I think I'm getting confused because people are screwing up and saying version X is the William Orbit or whatever when it's not, it's something else. This is where my computer klutziness catches up with me. Damn.:confused: :confused: :help: :help:

Back
Top Bottom