Ekstra Bladet, 31 July 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hcbiggs2002

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Due to popular demand (!?!?) here is finally the newspaper article from the Danish Ekstra Bladet newspaper with a photo of my friend Hanna-Maija and myself....

Ekstra_Bladet_31.jpg

And here's a close-up of the actual photo of us....

Ekstra_Bladet_H.jpg

Thats me the girl with the long red hair and my friend standing beside me with short black hair and glasses.

And the caption beside the photo reads...It can be both chilly and a little boring waiting for your idols. U2’s fans weren’t excactly bubbling with joy, but when the stars finally appeared their (the fans) faces lit up.
Thanks to Thomas for the translation!:wave:

Last edited:
My friend Ava already posted some of the photos Hanna-Maija took of our meeting with Edge and Bono but here are a couple more...

Edge_hotel4.jpg

Here Edge is actually signing by book

Edge_hotel3.jpg

And for those of you who like Bonos neck shots...:drool:

Bono_hotel6.jpg

And here's one of your's truely sitting outside the Parken Stadium

Parken_Stadium.jpg

Thanks Sofia! Here's also a picture of my bag that I took with me to Copenhagen that I embroided myself.

My_handbag.jpg

And one thing about caption from the Ekstra Bladet, here's a fine example of how the press subverts the truth.... I was neither cold or bored! Quite the opposite! I was sweating buckets:yikes: and sufferring from a panic attack after spotting Bonos bodyguard!!!:crazy:

Oh and the orange badge says "Bono is one of a kind":wink:

Last edited:
bono on poikkeusyksilö.. :lol: true! ;) I bought the same vertigo-pin, and a grey one with the band.. when you posted to some thread that you'd seen U2 in helsinki and stockholm (?) I thought hey, is she finnish? I looked at your location and saw "lorien, valinor" and thought OH yeah, she is definitely finnish.. :wink:

I'm actually half Finnish on my mother's side and my father is English. If you know what Lorien, Valinor is then you must be a JRR Tolkien fan? My nick name, by the way, is Celebrian. And the bead work on the top right hand of my handbag is elven for Love and Peace!:cute:

Ava79 said:
Finns, U2 and Tolkien. Now that just sums us up! :wink:

indeed! celebrian :)wink:) you wouldn't happen to like six feet under as well? haha that would be a bit too convenient. And I have no idea if I spelled that word right.. :huh: :lol:

I feel this thread getting a bit off-topic.

Hi Ava! Hope you got my last e-mail?
Six feet Under? I've never actually watched the show coz it's usually on so late and/or clashes with some other show I prefer. My favourite TV show at the moment is 3rd Watch. But favourite TV show of all time is The X-Files. Oh to have subTV to be able to see all the re-runs!!!:drool:
What part of Finland do you live Sofia? I live in a little village 60 km east of Kuopio, called Talluskylä. As for the spelling...I think you've got it right!?:hmm:

Last edited:
Nice

I like the little story headline in the top right corner of the first newspaper clip. It says ´Bono hates draught beer´ :laugh:

hcbiggs2002 said:
And to make sure we don't get too much off the subject...this one's for you Ava! Look familiar?!

dAngleterre_hotel_2005.jpg

That's me sitting on the bench on the right hand side of the picture.

Ohh, very familiar indeed! That was one of my favourite places in Copenhagen! Oh, to get back there...and see U2 again...:drool:

By the way, I did get your mail but I haven't been able to answer as there's some problems with my email account, can't get in there right now :eyebrow: But you'll hear from me a.s.a.p.!

Thanks Yimou for the translation!:up: I've always wondered what it said! But what does the other headline further down say and the main headline? Although I'd guess at "Good to the fans"?!:rolleyes:

hcbiggs2002 said:
Thanks Yimou for the translation!:up: I've always wondered what it said! But what does the other headline further down say and the main headline? Although I'd guess at "Good to the fans"?!:rolleyes:

The main headline says "Plenty of time for the fans" - this article is apparently written by journalists that have never met U2 before! :rolleyes: :tsk: :lol:

...and the other little red headline (not the one about the beer), says something along the lines of "Ticket scalpers at work" - don't know a better translation! :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom