EEEEEKKKKKK!!!! I am so excited! I have a belly dancing gig with "U2"!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it?s alright, it?s alright, Mrs. Edge moves in mysterious ways...

congrats, girl! This is going to be great!

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Oh you guys. You won't believe this. I have been chatting up a storm with Bono and Edge all afternoon (LOL!) and they say "our band is really excited about having you be our belly dancer" and they are even talking about putting my pic on their website!

How am I going to lose 20lbs by April 5?!?!?

I have penciled it in my book. There is no going back. What if I pass out just as they start playing?

Even Steve is getting involved, he's going to do their lights/TV monitors etc. I'm even getting the Nat'l Ballet to make their Edge a copy of the shirt they made Steve!!!

They are going all out!!!!

Mrs. Edge, you look great. You sooooo don't need to lose any weight. I wish that I had your body
biggrin.gif
Obviously the boys in the band like the way that you look or they wouldn't have suggested you dancing for them.

I have received emails from both "Bono" and "Adam" thanking me for the positive comments on Wire, and the GTA board. They seem like totally nice guys. I think that they will be alot of fun for you to work with. If you need anything at all, remember that you have a local PLEBA buddy now, and I am always willing to help out another U2 fan
biggrin.gif

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

You guys never fail to make me smile...thank you!!!
smile.gif

Look at the "press release" they are sending to the Toronto group to announce me! BWAHAHAHA!!! (and no, I did not say that about Morleigh, they made it up!)
biggrin.gif

March 1, 2002 (Toronto) - The GTA based U2 Tribute Band "Elevation" has officially signed "Edge's Dancing Queen" - Jessica Cunningham (also known as Mrs. Edge in some circles) to perform at upcoming shows. "What else can I say? She moves in 'mysterious ways'!" stated band manager Paul McGoodness. "We are very pleased to have this lovely young lady on board. She will certainly add to the authentic nature of the show and distract people from hearing when the band makes mistakes!", adds McGoodness. Although not available for extensive comment, Jessica mentioned in a brief telephone interview that "The evil Morleigh is going down!! The Edge is mine now!" The 'Dancing Queen's' full-costumed debut will occur on April 5th, at 'Heads or Tails' in Etobicoke.

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:

March 1, 2002 (Toronto) - The GTA based U2 Tribute Band "Elevation" has officially signed "Edge's Dancing Queen" - Jessica Cunningham (also known as Mrs. Edge in some circles) to perform at upcoming shows. "What else can I say? She moves in 'mysterious ways'!" stated band manager Paul McGoodness. "We are very pleased to have this lovely young lady on board. She will certainly add to the authentic nature of the show and distract people from hearing when the band makes mistakes!", adds McGoodness. Although not available for extensive comment, Jessica mentioned in a brief telephone interview that "The evil Morleigh is going down!! The Edge is mine now!" The 'Dancing Queen's' full-costumed debut will occur on April 5th, at 'Heads or Tails' in Etobicoke.

biggrin.gif
Sounds like so much fun!

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Jessica mentioned in a brief telephone interview that "The evil Morleigh is going down!! The Edge is mine now!"

LMAO! You go girl.
wink.gif

You go girl!!!! Never seen such determination to set out for your dreams!!!! Who needs the virtual world when you have actual reality. I'm amazed. If I weren't going to the spa, I'd definitely drive up to see your debut.

I don't think there's any 20 lbs. to lose, maybe some Britney situps????

PS: The Edge didn't play THAT guitar either.

All,

See the post from Jess in the other thread -do you think we should ALL make an effort to attend the gig in April ? It would cost me more than ?400+ for the flight alone - but you only live once.

Mike

Oh wow congratulations Jess that is so cool
smile.gif
have fun and go make morleigh look like she just learning
smile.gif

Go Jess
smile.gif

Oh wow congratulations Jess that is so cool
smile.gif
have fun and go make morleigh look like she just learning
smile.gif

Go Jess
smile.gif

Jess! Cooool, I wanna see your outfit! I'm telling you: You'd best get some video of this up on the net so we can all see it, ok?
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Guess what? Guess what?????? I just got an email from both "Bono" and "Adam" from Elevation, the Toronto tribute band, and they have just invited me to become their official belly dancer! Maybe I will be performing with them at their next gig in April, in full costume!!!!

AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

*has nervous breakdown*

*drools at the thought of seeing Mrs. Edge belly-dancing.

*hopes real Edge doesn't mind fans drooling at Mrs. Edge.
biggrin.gif

Congratulations!

Originally posted by doctorwho:

*drools at the thought of seeing Mrs. Edge belly-dancing.

*hopes real Edge doesn't mind fans drooling at Mrs. Edge.
biggrin.gif

Congratulations!

Doctor Who,

So, we both have 2 fascinations in common - U2s performance in the charts (watch them go this week - even the headlines in the UK helped, screning was late Friday and ATYCLB rose 30+ places (roll on the Europe tour - esp Amsterdam, with Jess & Steve), and Mrs Edge !!! I am (seriously)thinking of flying to Toronto to see Jess `strutting her stuff' - and, of course, it would also be good to meet other U2 fanatics at the same time.

Mike

Just a quick update: I just got back from getting my costume. It is GORGEOUS. This is about as good as I can look in an outfit. It's red and gold (with coins and beads and sequins), and handmade, imported from Egypt. It cost me $630!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But it is SO worth it.

Can't WAIT for the boys in the band (and the audience) to see it! LOL!

PICTURE!!
Want to seeeeee costume!!!!

------------------
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Hallelujah Here She Comes, about Adam

*blushing* Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
redface.gif

Mike, you are NUTS! LOL!!! I couldn't live with myself having the responsibility of you coming all the way over here just for this! AAAHHH! Will email you about this today.

The irony of all this is that Mr.Edge has NEVER seen me dance and didn't even want to see me in my costume! I had to put it on and show it to him and he said something to the effect of "that's nice dear".

I said "Do you have any idea how many men wish they had their own private belly dancer?" He just laughed.
icon24.gif
On the plus side, he didn't seem to care how much $ I spent on the thing.

So doctorwho and Mike, pls feel free to drool away, it makes me feel better!
biggrin.gif
LOL!!!

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Edge (edited 03-04-2002).]

Just a quick update: I just got back from getting my costume. It is GORGEOUS. This is about as good as I can look in an outfit. It's red and gold (with coins and beads and sequins), and handmade, imported from Egypt. It cost me $630!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But it is SO worth it.

Can't WAIT for the boys in the band (and the audience) to see it! LOL!

Holy Toledo, $630....... ouch my wallet just hurts thinking about it.

------------------
Daisy

and you become the monster
so the monster will not break you

TIEEEEEEEEEEEE
AIM: daisyone75

Back
Top Bottom