Edun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonocomet said:
Does anyone know if the same hoodie that Bono is wearing in the Africa pics is sold, or does he have special one of a kind pieces? The one posted here earlier is close, but not the same...

Thanks! :)

the one he has looks looks exactly the same as that sold in stores.

ruffian said:

the one he has looks exactly the same as that sold in stores.

Thanks! And I found it!

I decided for my birthday this year I deserve Bono's hoodie. It's the exact one he's wearing in the pics except I chose it in a pale green, because that's my color. I loooove it!

I want one aswell... and I told my mother EDUN is sold in amsterdam, and we're going to check it next friday :hyper:
hope they have the hoody!!!!

Good luck Gg!!!! It's sooooo soft and just so nicely made.... much better quality then anything I already had! I got a mens small.... and I'm 5'3" and not thin. Sorta average i guess and could stand to lose some weight.... I dont know if that helps at all as far as sizing goes... There was a huge size difference between the mens S and M..... I would have preferred something right in between because I like looser fits but the M was just huge. I hope you find it!!! :)

bonocomet said:
Good luck Gg!!!! It's sooooo soft and just so nicely made.... much better quality then anything I already had! I got a mens small.... and I'm 5'3" and not thin. Sorta average i guess and could stand to lose some weight.... I dont know if that helps at all as far as sizing goes... There was a huge size difference between the mens S and M..... I would have preferred something right in between because I like looser fits but the M was just huge. I hope you find it!!! :)

hm... I have men's shoulders.. I'm pretty broad, but thin... so I think the M would fit me... :)
thanks for the info ^^ I hope they have it, otherwise Kafrun will get me one from canada :love:

Galeongirl said:

tyea I heard she was trying to get them... do you know if the hoody is available there :drool: want that!
Thanks for the size table! I'm gonna need that XD

No i don't know if they got the hoody.
When i was there it wasn't there, maybe now?:wink:
But they only have a few pieces, not much.
But it's enough for somebody who never saw it before. (i'm sure you will like everything and want to buy everything!)
And Nukuhiva have a lot more fairtrade brands, like kuyichi.

u2akira said:

No i don't know if they got the hoody.
When i was there it wasn't there, maybe now?:wink:
But they only have a few pieces, not much.
But it's enough for somebody who never saw it before. (i'm sure you will like everything and want to buy everything!)
And Nukuhiva have a lot more fairtrade brands, like kuyichi.

eya I just went on the site... too bad they don't show any pictures of their collection..
:) I'll sure try to get there someday in the future!

Gg: If you are taller than me then I'll bet the M would be perfect because it was very long on me. I also just noticed when I was wearing it today the very cool sleeves. The cuffs come to a sort of point on the top of your hand. I love my bonosleeves! :)

Oh there's the pointy sleeve! I hadn't even noticed until I was actually wearing it.

bonoafricasleeves5-06.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the info about the sizes kelly :) :up:

I only just read your reply just now - and also to meeganie regarding the 14/16 idea! :wink: that's my size so you never know, i might just manage one some time :drool:

I really want the Edun Africa shirt Bono's wearing. I guess I could make the design easily, but that would defeat the purpose, wouldn't it? :(

Yep I do believe thats it... it looks different in the darker color... (the seam thread shows up more) but you can see from the pics of Bono it is the same exact one as the one on Mr. Model there.

bonoafricahoodie5-17-06.jpg

Mine is light like Bono's ... I think that little green swatch you showed is mine!

It is really nice. :) The pocket in front also has a little hidden inner pocket.

bonocomet said:
Yep I do believe thats it... it looks different in the darker color... (the seam thread shows up more) but you can see from the pics of Bono it is the same exact one as the one on Mr. Model there.

bonoafricahoodie5-17-06.jpg

Mine is light like Bono's ... I think that little green swatch you showed is mine!

It is really nice. :) The pocket in front also has a little hidden inner pocket.

Oh ok..that green color is great!!!...I also saw Bono wearing one with an "angel zipper pull"..It might have been the one with the wings on the back..That one is really ...:drool:
Thanks for the info Comet Im going to check them hoodies out!

Bono's Doll said:
Check out the Knights Tale Hoodie @ Saks--but its $155! :banghead:

Check again.
It's on SALE now.
$107.90

:hmm:
Very interesting.

You'd almost think that they looked at which page got the most hits (without purchase) over the last few days.

This one.
OK, let's put it on sale and see if we sell any.

BonoFox1 said:

Oh ok..that green color is great!!!...I also saw Bono wearing one with an "angel zipper pull"..It might have been the one with the wings on the back..That one is really ...:drool:
Thanks for the info Comet Im going to check them hoodies out!

that's the angel one :)
the blue one looks :drool: lovely
but my friends are next to me, and say I hsould take the Bono one, they think that color is better...
but.. Bono's EDUN shirt in blue(check the africa thread, the blue jeans and jacket, it's a blue africa edun shirt aswell) with a blue hoody.. :love:

meegannie said:

Isn't that 10-12 US, though? That's about a 14-16 UK. Still not huge, but closer to the range of what most shops sell.
Yes, a ten twelve is usually the highest size that designer clothing goes to.
If Edun can figure out a way to sell more to the regular person, they could have a winner. I get what they were trying to do with the line, but I think the snooty people out there that can buy all the designer stuff, are looking for established names to flaunt. I wish that Edun would cater more to the average person,and still maintain what they want to do with the countries that they are working with. The sizing is strictly designer sizing. Us fat Americans are more the average size of 14 not 12, sad but true. Look how many girls have been having to buy mens size. A lotof designers have two lines going.....the couture stuff and the regular stuff,maybe they can do that! Lets hope. And for god sakes I wish that they could not make all the t-shirts crew neck. My concert t-shirt looks very un-feminine and I may rip out the coller soon.

This is sad that's it's not doing well. It's an incredible idea with a great potential to change things for the people it benefits.

I may have to buy something.

It's not a big surprise that it's not doing well. I really wanted to buy something but nothing fits me!

I'm an average size (8)... the jeans were a joke with the back pockets below the bu.. and the rest of the woman stuff didn't even looked good. I was ready to spend but it just looked "cheap" not designer clothes. I went 3 times to check if the new arrivals were better... but with not chance.

It looks and fit like clothes for teenagers but with a price tag for adults... :huh:

:madwife:

I think the mens line is much better than the womens. At least all the great t-shirts like Edge wears, and the hoodies.

Miringeltje said:

Check again.
It's on SALE now.
$107.90

:hmm:
Very interesting.

You'd almost think that they looked at which page got the most hits (without purchase) over the last few days.

This one.
OK, let's put it on sale and see if we sell any.

*YAY*..Im so freakin excited!!!! My hoodie is on the way...:wink: :hyper:...

Im dancing tin the breakroom like an idot!!!

Bonocomet pics look in the Bono/Edge thread for pics you requested:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom