Edge's whereabouts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mumu2006

The Fly
According to this article, he seems to be in LA !

"Clinton gala raises $1 million
Tina Daunt
April 24, 2006

Nearly $1 million was raised for Hillary Rodham Clinton's U.S. Senate reelection campaign Friday evening at a celebrity-studded event held at supermarket magnate Ron Burkle's Beverly Hills estate, an organizer said Sunday.

Nearly 450 guests turned out to support Clinton, who was accompanied by her husband, former President Clinton. The New York Democrat's campaign fund-raiser was one of her largest since she took office. Guests included Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony, Billy Crystal, Rob Reiner and the Edge from U2.

It was the third major fund-raising trip Clinton has made to L.A. in the past 12 months. Although her Hollywood support appears to be softening, she maintains a powerful group of loyalists here. In addition to Burkle, other billionaire supporters include Haim Saban and Steve Bing, both of whom were co-sponsors of the weekend gala."

Yes, the family have been living there pretty much full-time (besides the usual summer holiday) since the beginning of 2005, guess whatever support system they have is better there than Dublin.

susanp6 said:
Hope it means things are better with them :happy:

Ditto! Hope so too. In a fairly recent interview of Daniel Lanois he actually mentioned that Edge had been going through a really tough time and wished that all would get better soon.

:( poor edge and morleigh... i can only imagine the stress and worry that they have gone through these past couple months...

Pop Artist said:
Yes, the family have been living there pretty much full-time (besides the usual summer holiday) since the beginning of 2005, guess whatever support system they have is better there than Dublin.

USC in Los Angeles is just a short trip from their Malibu place, and has a major cancer center. If Sion has leukemia, it would be a good place to get treatment.

ehhhh i never saw edge as being a political guy...i always thought edge was more the art type...he was at sundance film fest and i know he always likes to be at a few art gallery galas...but bono is the political one...plus i'm not too fond of hillary...not trying to debate...just stating...but if he gets to show off the beanie...good for him! :-D

Rini said:

USC in Los Angeles is just a short trip from their Malibu place, and has a major cancer center. If Sion has leukemia, it would be a good place to get treatment.

There are some hospitals in Santa Monica that would be closer to Malibu (than USC). And there's Cedars Sinai Medical Center in L.A. as well (Malibu is part of L.A. County for those not in S.Calif)

europop2005 said:
ehhhh i never saw edge as being a political guy...i always thought edge was more the art type...he was at sundance film fest and i know he always likes to be at a few art gallery galas...but bono is the political one...plus i'm not too fond of hillary...not trying to debate...just stating...but if he gets to show off the beanie...good for him! :-D

Edge is certainly the quieter one about his political opinions - but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have strong feelings on the matter
Example
august.jpg

(side note - I really want the “Postcards from The Edge” feature to appear somewhere again. Perhaps on u2.com? What a novel idea - having an actual band members thoughts appear on their official website):|

^ cooooooool! although, i had a tough time reading it. that gives way to the Yaweh lyric ;"take this city, a city should be shinning on a hill" i'm guessing.

^ oh crap yes, I've been dying of anticipation here for over a month now...although it's not as if it's anybody's fault.
I hope all is well with Edge and family :heart::edge::heart:

Slopsy said:
^ oh crap yes, I've been dying of anticipation here for over a month now...although it's not as if it's anybody's fault.
I hope all is well with Edge and family :heart::edge::heart:

I think anticipation is an understatement in these parts aye Slopsy!! I have been driving my hubby mad by playing ALL their cd's literally every day since they postponed!!

Back
Top Bottom