Edge's wedding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess it was a street with no name, Sweet Tart. :D

Congratulations, Edge and Morleigh!!!
:yes::):cool::yes::):cool:

I guess it was a street with no name,

i should have seen that one coming but alas i was too tired to know better.

oh well, i guess it had to be said....bad joke or not :yes:

daisybean said:

oooooo Marina did you get an invite and not tell us?????

:p

Uhm no not even close...he told a friend who told me it's next month. So yall got a week to seduce him good luck.

yo I was thinking
The article olive posted earlier this week says Bono just flew... somewhere from Edge's bachelor partay on the 20th of May.
Wouldn't that be an early bachelor party if the wedding wasn't for more than a month?

I always heard that a June wedding was planned.

This is the June cartoon from @U2:

0602.jpg

I don't think they're married yet...everything I'm hearing/reading is either next weekor the week after. But I could be wrong!

Just thought I'd toss this in since we're talking about Edgie's wedding....but this was about the FIRST one (geez louise, what am I, a glutton for punishment???

U2 MAGAZINE No. 8 - AUGUST 1983
U2 NEWS
The only two dates definitely fixed at the moment are Dublin's Phoenix Park on August 14th with Simple Minds, Eurythmics, Steel Pulse and Perfect Crime, and the Rockpalast Concert at Lorelei in Germany with Dave Edmunds, Stray Cats, Joe Cocker and the Steve Miller Band on August 20th.

[COLOR=orange-red]Edge got married on Tuesday 12th July to Aislinn O'Sullivan at Enniskerry, Co. Dublin, and then left on honeymoon to Sri Lanka for a well-deserved break. Bono was best man, and among the guests were Steve Lillywhite and the Virgin Prunes.[/COLOR]

U2's planned trip to Japan and Australia before the end of the year does look definite now, but no actual dates have yet been coordinated or finalised. The band also hope to be working on some new songs, if not actually recording them, before the end of the year.

from: http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~flare/u2info8.html

I think that's the first time I ever read anything about Edge's wedding....I just want the guy to be happy! :D:D

i have been looking around for articles about edgie's separation from aislinn. i remember reading about it in the press, but what was the reason why he could not divorce right away?! details anyone.

hi Maria! *waves* (((hugs))) I'd read/heard that the Irish laws are very strict about divorce, so they couldn't legally divorce for several years after they split. I think they finally got legally divorced in like, 1996 or something, took a really long time. Could be part of the reason why he and Morleigh also took so long to get hitched themselves (nevermind the 2 kids already!). All I have to say is: it's about TIME! :)

i have been looking around for articles about edgie's separation from aislinn. i remember reading about it in the press, but what was the reason why he could not divorce right away?! details anyone.

I have a question: what kind of name is "Morleigh"??? Her last name is Steinberg...so is Morleigh Jewish? Irish? English? Anyone know what the meaning is behind it? I'm just curious, it's such an unusual name (as was Aislinn, but she was obviously Irish).

*surfs for a name website*

okay I think I found something:

M?R f Scottish, Irish
"great" (Gaelic). It is sometimes translated into English as SARAH.

SARAH f English, French, Biblical
"lady" or "princess" (Hebrew). This was the name of the wife of Abraham in the Old Testament. She became the mother of Isaac at the age of 90. Her name was originally Sarai, but God changed it (see Genesis 17:15).

LEIGH f English
From a surname derived from Old English leah or Middle English legh, which mean "meadow".

Awwwww....she's the Great Meadow Princess! or Great Lady of the Meadow? :D :heart: :D :heart: :D :heart:

I wouldn't know, but I sort of doubt if they have. They wouldn't have done it with Bono in Africa, and in fact they had the bachelor party right before that. The G8 deal in Canada is coming up and this will also occupy Bono, so, the guess here is that it's planned for a bit later on.
Maybe next week. :lol: :lol:

Sounds Jewish to me

"Steinberg" sounds Jewish to me, but who knows? If they are married.....CONGRATS TO MORLEIGH AND EDGE!!!!! Lucky lady that Morleigh LOL, anyone know how old she is?

Congrats to Morleigh and Edge again and all the best!!!!!

Here's to the happy couple!!!!

morleigh09.jpg

Congrats to Mr and Mrs. The Edge (not Edge's parents LOL)

morleigh11.jpg

Just for the record, Morleigh is Jewish. She has family in Israel, according to an Israeli U2 fan who's on another U2 list. She and Edge have two kids; he had three with Aislinn. And yes, that divorce took a long time because you couldn't legally get a divorce in Ireland until (I think) 1995 or '96.

Edge and Aislinn got married about three weeks after I was born.
This is almost as depressing as Red Rocks being recorded/filmed about three weeks before I was born.
*wanders off to read an article about quantum mechanics... yes, this is what I do when I'm sad*

Back
Top Bottom