Edge's real name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MooMoo!

New Yorker
(i was gonna do a poll here but i cant find the poll thing, has it been removed?)

anyhoo, we all know Edges real name is David Evans, but ive heard serveral sources calling him David Howell Evans, or Howell-Evans.

so is he a Howell Evans or not? :huh: do we have any reliable sources to confirm his name?

hmm, is it a middle name then or prefix to his surname?

cos i had a teacher called mrs Howell-Evans, thats what made me wonder all the more. :huh: (funny cos she said her husband was a doctor, and i believe Edge was planning to be a doctor. )

MooMoo! said:
hmm, is it a middle name then or prefix to his surname?

cos i had a teacher called mrs Howell-Evans, thats what made me wonder all the more. :huh: (funny cos she said her husband was a doctor, and i believe Edge was planning to be a doctor. )

then your teacher, because she's female, has double last names... Howell is probably her own last name, and Evans her husbands last name..
it's Edge's middle name.

Edgette said:

Why do you need something more official?
well i mean i would have just liked a deifinitive answer, i mean i know its on several u2 sites, but its (as far as i know) not on u2.com or any written biographies. :shrug: ive heard of adam and larrys middle names but never had them confirmed by an official source. id just like to get it as fact before i take it as such, you know? if someone was to ask me i wouldnt want to tell them unless i knew it was true. :huh:

Everywhere I've ever heard or read it's always been Howell. I've never heard it any differently and I've never saw it as "Howell-Evans."

I'll check my U2 fan mags to see if it's mentioned in there. Those are as official as it can get. But, you have three trusted websites listed above and so far, five of us here that have said that's correct. Three of us dedicated Edge fans.

From U2 Magazine - Issue number 7, May 1983

Bono has by now transported us to Malahide Village, a suburb just north of Dublin where The Edge lives with his family. Edge's real name is David Evans, and his father Garvin moved the family from Wales to Ireland because that was where his engineering business took him. As we pull up, Bono does a fond impression of Garvin singing 'If A Picture Paints A Thousand Words', at the wedding of drummer Larry Mullen's father. Garvin Evans answers the door. Why have ya still got your suit on, Mr Edge?" asks Bono, gesturing towards the night sky. Mr Edge, sharp-featured like his son, momentarily tries to look sterns "Somebody's got to earn the crust."

It doesn't say anything about Howell, but it doesn't say "Howell-Evans" either.

http://www.richard.hare.dsl.pipex.com/u2info7.html

Back
Top Bottom