Edge's daughter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
msmarylynne said:
Well, I hope my little story didnt depress anyone. :sad:

Not at all. You needed to talk about this just like I needed to talk about my mother's triple bypass surgery. It's not good to bottle up emotions.

Hello, I am a first time user here. It is now March, 2007 and I would like an updade on little Sian' condition. Did she make a full recovery? I hope so.:heart:

casuco said:
Hello, I am a first time user here. It is now March, 2007 and I would like an updade on little Sian' condition. Did she make a full recovery? I hope so.:heart:

The most recent explicit reference I've seen was in U2 by U2. It's in a quote from Edge on Page 332:

"I don't want to go into too much detail. But my family went through some very intense times and Sian had to suffer through some awful experiences, which she continues to do with amazing fortitude for one so young."

So at the time the book went to press she was apparently still undergoing some kind of treatment.

Who knows now? I haven't seen anything since then.

At the first show on the postponed leg of the Vertigo Tour (Brisbane, 7/11/06) Bono thanked the audience for their patience and understanding about the tour being postponed at the last minute, and said that everyone in the band and their families were very well.

The cheer that went up from the crowd was one of the best moments of the concert.

I think it was mentioned in the U2 By U2 book that Sian told him bluntly to go on the tour - he wanted to stay home and be with her, but she made him go.

casuco said:

I saw her at the hotel in Hawaii in December when Edge and family were there visiting with Larry and Billy Joe, and she looked ok.

I must say though that you could tell she had been ill and her hair was just starting to grow back.

It was really good to see her running around playing and swimming with the other kids.

Hopefully she's making a full recovery.

Devlin said:
I think it was mentioned in the U2 By U2 book that Sian told him bluntly to go on the tour - he wanted to stay home and be with her, but she made him go.

I think I saw Sian in Hawaii. I thought she was a boy because her hair was short. I was later told by my roomates and fellow U2 fans the whole story.:reject:

You would never had thought by the looks of her on the beach that day that she had ever been ill. She looked very healthy she was running and playing like any other child:yes:

I hope and pray she remains healthy.:heart:

The most common course after diagnosis and the initial treament is two to three years of maintenance chemotherapy. So she may still have a ways to go.

Brave little girl. It's awful to have a chronic illness when you're little and probably even worse for her parents.

Back
Top Bottom