Edge's daughter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had 2 pics of Edge playing to Sian during the tour, one where she was in his arms. But I can't find it on my computer or either of my pages. I must have lost them on the old PC :sad:

theedgefan said:

here you are:

sianedge.jpg

prayers and all best wishes to the Evans family :hug:

OMG!!! How sweet! :wink:

She is truely a beautiful little girl! My heart breaks for her and the Evans Family. All my heartfelt prayers are with them! :hug:

I have a 7 yr old son, and if it were me, gawd...words can't describe the pain and anguish that I would be dealing with. I admire him for deciding to continue with the tour. I wouldn't be able to do it.

Seeing this picture makes me want to cry!:sad:

That has always been one of my favorite pictures. It's so sweet!
U2 Kitten, I wish I could see the other one you are talking about. Maybe someone else has a copy? :)

I burst into tears while watching The Grammy's with Edge's dedication...reading this thread, here are the tears again...

God Bless to Sian and all the Evans-Steinberg Family, and all in the U2 family...

There is a tremendous recovery rate from childhood Leukemia (and U2Granny - I am so glad you are here with us!!!!) So, I believe in my heart Sian will ok.

And I agree, there was a lightness,a relaxed look to Edge and Morleigh at the Grammy's, and with all the band. And with the tour going ahead - they are all good signs.

Just, that beautiful photo of Edge playing to her really gets me. She is just so tiny! It is hard to think of such a tiny little person going through such a big thing. ..what a brave little girl!

WE LOVE YOU, EDGE!!!!!

Ok, there I am starting to choke up and bawl again - I better go!

Love,

HowthGirl

Everlastinglove said:
Howth Girl!

Like I said, we all feel the same! And pray for them!
I think a lot of her and the whole family!
May she be alright very soon!

BYE

Thank you, Everlastinglove! :hug:

All the positive energy working from all the huge amounts of love here, it has to come out to something good, y'know? I always think that a ton of love channeled somewhere can help!

So I am channelling lots of :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Big Bono Hugs, and Goodnight to all at PLEBA! :hug:

HowthGirl

Just wanted to add--this morning at our prayer meeting at work--we prayed for a lady who is a friend of a co-worker--she has cancer and will have to have surgery to remove a tumor in her breast-also taking a lung and four ribs & lymph nodes. She has four children, has spent all her money on treatment, she gets no help from her ex-husband, has had to move in with her parents to survive. Sometimes I feel so selfish for things I pray for or about--they seem meaningless. I am truly blessed. Thanks for reading. U2 Granny glad you are here.

psychicsarah said:
the treatments are so effective these days...she has every chance

God bless Sianxxx

Yes. My mother used to work for a cancer center and she tells me that there are some excellent treatments for childhood leukemia and the recovery chances are excellent. Of course this will still be very hard for Sian's family and she needs our prayers, but hopefully everything will work out.

I think we all get caught up in stuff that we think is so important. Then something like this happens.
Im going through a bit of hard time now. My mom mammogram came back abnormal. So, tomorrow Im going with her for the biopsy. It's probably scar tissue or fatty tissues. She's had that before. Also, so have my cousins and aunt. But, it's still scary.
Also, my mom and her sister decided to put grandma in a home. She's lived with my aunt for 15 years. But, she's 92 now and they cant take care of her anymore. So, now the whole family is coming to terms with this development.
It makes you realize that there's a whole lot of stuff out there that just isnt important.
Well, I hope my little story didnt depress anyone. :sad:

msmarylynne said:

not at all
:hug:
sometimes just putting the words out there helps - saying prayers right now for you and your family

msmarylynne said:

Talking about stuff like this can be a real help. I was diagnosed with Uterian Cancer in the fall of 2001 and I was only 30 years old. It was very scary but I think having my family around helped me a lot. I was able to talk about my fears and how I was feeling.

Hopefully your mother is okay. If you encourage her to talk about what she is feeling it will probably help her. Even if she says something that's hard to hear I'd still give her a chance to say it. It's always a tough thing and I wish your family well.

If you have to deal with the whole cancer thing I recommand getting in touch with the American Cancer Society. They were a big help to me and were able to send me a lot of info about my specific cancer and the treatments etc.

Good luck. I'll add your mother to my prayers. :)

Geez. Bono' Doll, I'll certanly add her to my prayer list. I have a couple of people right now besides Edge...wht do you say to something like that? And in this Great Land where a single night's stay in a hospital costs, what, $5000? And what does the average person's health insurance cover--IF they have any? Here's a stroy for you...my mom is a teacher, and last month, her aide, 21, just graduated from college, was diagnoed with a brain tumor. They're not saying much rght now, but it doesn't look good. She'd just gotten engaged, and was going to buy a small house with her fiance, etc. What do you say to things like this????

I guess the only way to counter it is with a happy story. I am a member of the One Ring.net, the big Lord of the Ring fansite, and 2 yrs ago we had a case where a 3 yr old girl was diagnosed with a similar brain tumor. They did not think she was going to make it. The family almost bankrupted themlves on treatments, and had to turn to their church for support. They took up a collection that raised about $15,000 (also with some small help from TORN readers), and the pastor halped out with livng expenses, etc. We kept this up for about 10 months and nonstop prayer meetings, someone set up a "coordinated time of day to pray for everybody" similar to what the folks at @U2 site have for Sian (they've had a daily 12 noon prayer thing going on for Sian ever since the rumor first went up, maybe we could do the same here) .They didn't think she was going to make it, and the firt set of tests 3 months later had no change, the 2nd set of tes, nothing, but at the end of 10 months, the 3rs set of tests showed a defenite remission. Last I heard the child is now about 5, and doing as well as anyone could who was that bad off.

Miracle do occur. I'd like to think that all our "love" s having an effect.
Carrying each other"..as the song says. That's what it;s all about, folks.

Thanks for the pic! I agree, it is adorable...though the pic U2 kitten mentioned would be great too. But that's ony the back of her. The best pic we have of Sian is the People Magazine spread on Edge's wedding 2 1/2 yrs ago. She stands in front of Morleigh, in a light grey dress, and a serious expression on her face. The pose and look is a lot like a pic I took of my kid sister when she was 5. Too adorable for words...she is a carbon copy of him, his face in minature. Edge stands to Morleigh's left, holding Eli's hand (who looks like his mom.) In the pic, to the left above Morleigh's head, you can see Holly and Arran. Blue (I think it's her) stands on the other side, by Edge. One of the best, if not THE bet, Edge "family portrait."

Teta040 said:
Thanks for the pic! I agree, it is adorable...though the pic U2 kitten mentioned would be great too. But that's ony the back of her. The best pic we have of Sian is the People Magazine spread on Edge's wedding 2 1/2 yrs ago. She stands in front of Morleigh, in a light grey dress, and a serious expression on her face. The pose and look is a lot like a pic I took of my kid sister when she was 5. Too adorable for words...she is a carbon copy of him, his face in minature. Edge stands to Morleigh's left, holding Eli's hand (who looks like his mom.) In the pic, to the left above Morleigh's head, you can see Holly and Arran. Blue (I think it's her) stands on the other side, by Edge. One of the best, if not THE bet, Edge "family portrait."

He's holding Levi's hand. Eli is Bono and Ali's son. ;)

Oh, and I don't think Arran is in the picture. Just Blue and Hollie. And Edge's brother, hehe.

I have this picture saved, but I don't want to post it. If anyone wishes to see it PM or e-mail me - achtungedge@aol.com. I only ask that you not post it.

:hug: to everyone.

Back
Top Bottom