Edge wedding PICS + Article in SUNDAY MIRROR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you! I came here looking for a story on the wedding! I love all the pics!

Comments:

A yacht? A huge seaside villa? Sometimes you just don't realize just how rich they are until you see something like that. Sigh.

Moana- YES Bono was best man!

Discoteque- I don't think he's converted or he'd be wearing a differernt type of beanie on his head!

Back to the translated story posted by Gina Marie: Bono and Edge were seen leaving a salon? Was that a mistake in the translation did they mean saloon? Was it a hair salon? You mean they went to get their hair done and he still put the beanie back on? Guess he liked it better than his hairdo!

Irish Thunder, Gypsy Heartgirl and Gina Marie, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for these wonderful pictures...or should I say merci, merci, MERCI because they were taken in France!

It looks and sounds like everything went wonderfully for Edge and Morleigh, a Beautiful Day in every possible way. I am so happy for them. And I know that every time I hear "Mysterious Ways," I'll think, "Hmm, that's the song that got Edge a wife!"

Happily for us fans, it appears that pictures ARE available of the big day, and more should be on the way in the days and weeks to come.

What else is there to say, except?Congratulations, Edge & Morleigh!
:heart: :edge: :heart: *fuzzies*

Diane

Scary, yet interesting...the 40+ and Fabulous PLEBA Woman!

Diane L said:
And I know that every time I hear "Mysterious Ways," I'll think, "Hmm, that's the song that got Edge a wife!"

no offense, but he already HAD a wife. i just know one person will also read this statement and think the same thing i thought....lol

elizabeth said:

no offense, but he already HAD a wife. i just know one person will also read this statement and think the same thing i thought....lol

But Aislinn had already left Edge befor that. Just didn't want anyone to think Edge left Aislinn for Morleigh.....

And I just found another wedding story:

The Sunday People, June 23, 2002
Eamonn O'Hanlon

U2 band member the Edge finally found what he was looking for yesterday when he said "I do" to his belly dancing bride.

The guitar legend got hitched at an idyllic soutern French village with fellow band members looking on. It was said last night that the guestlist was about 50 strong, with only close friends and family being invited to the joyous occasion.

The Edge and American bride Morleigh Steinberg met while U2 were touring the States in 1992. They hired her to dance with frontman Bono during the song "Mysterious Ways" in a stageact that's still recalled by fans today. Yesterday was the second time down the aisle for the Edge, who has three daughters by ex-wife Aislinn O'Sullivan. The couple married in 1983, but they separated after just seven years before eventually divorcing each other in 1996.

The Edge and Morleigh now live in Dublin with their two children. Last weekend the top musicians held a stag night at a New York restaurant ahead of his impending marriage to Morleigh Steinberg. Guests at the trendy Danube eatery in Manhattan's Tribeca district included catwalk queens Christy Turlington and Helena Christensen. Also on the social menu for the night were fellow U2 members Bono, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen. An insider said the rockers had sat down to a fabulous NINE COURSE meal capped with asparagus ice cream and gallons of Austrian wine. And that was all topped up with a long speech from Bono. Our source said: "It was a relatively sedate affair and everybody was extremely well behaved. There were certainly none of the things you often see on stag nights, like the groom getting tanked up and ending up chained to a lampost. And there were no strippograms -- but who needs that sort of thing with all the glamour on the guest list."

The Edge -- real name Dave Evans -- is said to be "hopelessly" in love with his new bride. They were due to take off later today for a private honeymoon.
? 2002, MGN Ltd.

Hey girlies...

I can't find a URL for the articles you have quoted anywhere!

Can you post the URL's for each wedding article you have found?

1) Sunday Mirror
2) Irish Mirror

anything else! They need to be direct links to the actual publication.

Thanks!!

Thank you so much girls for the pics and articles

I have major Edge and Morleigh fuzzies right now. They look so happy and beautiful. Oh yeah and Bono looked pretty tasty too. :)
I think it's kind of cute, in an odd way, that he wore the beanie to the wedding. Maybe the others superglued it to his head at the stag party, for a laugh. :D

I love Bono's suit. And lay off Edge about the beanie, y'all. He can wear whatever the hell he wants to...it's his wedding!

Congrats to the happy couple!

Shine * Like* Stars* said:

But Aislinn had already left Edge befor that. Just didn't want anyone to think Edge left Aislinn for Morleigh.....

WTF was she thinking???? :)

Gorgeous pics, love Bono's suit and the SWILA in me can't help but noticer that my GOD Ali is just stunning. I dream as much as the next girl, but god help the woman who thinks Bono's ever gonna leave her. LOL.

Congrats to a gorgeous couple! It's good to think of Egde with a woman who really loves him. So...Larry...Anne?? You two next? :D

SD

Thanks for the pics and infos! It all sounded so beautiful!

Congratulations, Edge and Morleigh!
:heart: :heart: :heart:

...now for some RANDOM COMMENTS:

1. What's up with the clothes on everyone? The groom wore the beanie? Bono has a green suit on? :|

2. I bet Adam was in his glory. All those supermodels.

3. I think I'm in love with Ali :yes:

4. Since when are they friends with Lenny Kravitz?

5. As best man, do you think Bono gave a toast? How long do you think he rambled? Hours!?

6. Oh, and I am SO getting married in an ancient castle in the south of France someday. I think everyone should. :D

madonna's child said:

6. Oh, and I am SO getting married in an ancient castle in the south of France someday. I think everyone should. :D

I think I will get married at Slane Castle. That would be very cool. :yes: Perhaps the band will play a show for my reception party.

thanks for posting the wedding pics! they look so happy and in l:heart:ve!!!

i love bono's suit, ideal for an outdoor wedding! ali's dress was beautiful too.

too bad we didn't catch a glimpse of larry or sparky, but what's new?! ;)

Congrats Morleigh & Edgie!

Moseltov Edge and Morleigh!!

I was in the Cote d'Azur last month and visited Eze - walked around that very garden. It's truly breathtaking and the perfect place for a wedding ceremony :yes:

I was also staying around the corner from Bono and Edge's villa by the sea. At the time I thought it was just Bono's - didn't know they shared it until I read the article lol. Maybe Edge was one of the nekkid guys I saw down on the docks.... :tongue:

I have pics of both Eze and the villa (will have to get them scanned) if anyone can teach this newbie how to post them :D

Cheers,
Ali

PS - someone needs to teach Bono how to wear grown-up clothes LMAO and Elvis, I agree, the beanie was lame unless it was supposed to be his yamika (sp?).

All I want to say is congrats to both of them and I hope that there honeymoon is private and they enjoy it! (I'm sure they will)!:sexywink:

IrishThunder said:
Thanks GypsyHeartgirl, I never knew how to post the pics. I am so excited, youd think I had won the lottery or something. I really need to get a life!!!!!

I am going to go try and scan the one of Bono and the guests, back soon!

ok here is the main pic of The Edge and Morleigh, I hope it works! Fingers crossed!

pic2.gif

Aw...They are so adorable! :love:

MAZEL TOV and CONGRATS Edge and Morleigh!!!

They looked beautiful, and same with Bono. I don't mind that Edge wore his beanie-ya know, whatever he wants. ;)

I wish to see Larry Bear! He would be so pretty at a wedding...oh well. That's good that the cameras stayed off him because he doesn't like that and it was Edge and Morleigh's day.

Shalom vi ain yindalya Edge e Morleigh!
(Peace in your future Edge and Morleigh!)

oooook...

I JUST realized something...

It was a Jewish wedding.

Edge had to wear a keep'a (skull cap), or some type of head covering.... so that's most likely why he wore the beanie... forgive me for rippin' on the beanie.wearing.edge earlier ;)

I wonder if she got him to convert... lol.

oy ve I am overcome with Edgefuzzies currently. AWW!
I'd rreeally have loved to see some Adamness, but y'know, not like it's his wedding (phew! ;) ).
Morleigh looks gorgeous, as usual.
Loooove Ali's dress... again, as usual.
Um... o yeah, I'd've gone sans beanie but if he's got to wear a head covering... though I'd also like to see Edge in a yarmulke :D
congrats you two!
Mr and Mrs Evans: *grooan*

congrats!

i'm SO HAPPY to see edge happy again...i know his first marraige got rocky at the end, so he DESERVES THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

you can see that they're just GLOWING!!!

many many years of pure joy to the happy couple!!!!

Elvis said:
oooook...

It was a Jewish wedding.

Edge had to wear a keep'a (skull cap), or some type of head covering.... so that's most likely why he wore the beanie... forgive me for rippin' on the beanie.wearing.edge earlier ;)

[color=royal blue]Oooo OK I don't feel evil anymore now. Good :)[/color]

Well.. that place is so beautiful..and I think they all look great!!
Does anyone have a picture of Bono and Edges house in France??

Thank ya.. Jessica
:bono: :drool: :edge:

Originally posted by AliEnvy

PS - someone needs to teach Bono how to wear grown-up clothes LMAO and Elvis, I agree, the beanie was lame unless it was supposed to be his yamika (sp?).

As I posted on the other thread here, Bono is a grown man and can pick out his own clothes. He is a multi-millionaire with access to all the fashion in the world. If that's what he picks out, don't you know that's what he WANTS? It's not my favorite outfit on him, but that's because I prefer tight black leather LOL! I guess I'm touchy about this comment because I am U2's age and people, especially old people, tell me I need to start 'dressing like a grownup.' Well what does that mean? Drab, dull, boring, and OLD. Screw that! I don't like that kind of stuff. I'll be old soon enough and dead one day too. Don't put me out to pasture yet! Bono and Edge are rich too. They don't have to impress anyone to get money, so they don't have to 'dress for success.'- they have more success now than any well suited, corporate ladder climbing yuppie will ever see.

I think what surprises me is that it used to be the OLD people with attitudes like that and now online I have discovered the old fashioned fashion mentality about clothes and hair that should have been buried when the Beatles conquered the world creeping back in, only this time among the YOUNG? :confused: Sorrry I'm too cool for that!

Last edited:
Elvis said:
oooook...

It was a Jewish wedding.

Yes, it's the choice of the groom whether he wants a head covering in a Jewish wedding. And because Edge loves his
beanie...:D

Diane L said:
The Edge -- real name Dave Evans -- is said to be "hopelessly" in love with his new bride. They were due to take off later today for a private honeymoon.

OMG Is that sweet or what??!! *edgefuzzies*

SO, so happy for them and they both look lovely.

And I love Bono's choice of colour and that he wears what he wants, it looks a bit funny but I love him for that. :heart:

THanks everyone for your work with the photos and articles!

GypsyHeartgirl said:
I am U2's age and people, especially old people, tell me I need to start 'dressing like a grownup.' Well what does that mean? Drab, dull, boring, and OLD. Screw that! I don't like that kind of stuff. I'll be old soon enough and dead one day too. Don't put me out to pasture yet!

*high five*
O and I swear I'll get you some stills from that tape you sent me one of these days... I need to get on that, one of these days I'll wake up and have no summer left.
For right now though I need to clean my room :D
*rolls up sleeves and dons do-rag*

Back
Top Bottom