Edge of Time - Chapter 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DreamOutLoud13

Blue Crack Addict
Big :hug:s for all of the positive comments I've gotten on this story so far, they really help keep me encouraged to continue writing :)
This is a somewhat short chapter (like the last one was), but hopefully they'll get better soon.

Chapter Six

The remainder of the journey to Sheffield went mostly without incident. Emma stuck closer to Katie's side of the backseat, and only managed to have one more brief, accidental, encounter with Edge's elbow.
They were about halfway to Sheffield, when the driver took a sharp curve in the road. The centrifugal force pulled Emma toward Edge's side of the car. Before she could try and brace her feet against the floorboard, Emma found herself sliding across the seat, and quickly closing the small distance between herself and the guitarist.
Edge's elbow collided somewhat painfully with Emma's bare upper arm. Emma let in a sharp intake of breath, more from the shock of suddenly being so close to Edge again, than from the pain.
Edge dropped the newspaper he'd been looking at and turned to her in concern. He put one hand gently on her arm. "Are you alright?"
Emma let out a nervous giggle and shied away from his touch. "I'm fine, I'm fine, really." She said, scooting back toward Katie.
Emma looked at Katie with wide eyes and leaned in close to sharply whisper in her ear. "Do you have any idea how hard this is?!"
Katie put a hand comfortingly on Emma's upper back. "Just take a deep breath. We're almost there, anyway."
"Yes, but what happens then?" Emma paused briefly in her frantic whispering before continuing. "How can you tell me to calm down? You're going to jump on Bono as soon as you see him!"
"Bono's married!"
"Like that's ever stopped you from fantasizing about him before!"
"Harmless fantasies and actually throwing yourself at someone are two different things. You know that as well as I do, and you're proof of it. You haven't thrown yourself at The Edge."
"Yet."
Katie furrowed her eyebrows. "Don't say that, Emma. You're going to be able to handle this." At that moment, Katie looked up, past Emma, and saw Edge watching them with a slight look of confusion on his face. She had no idea how much of their conversation he'd heard, so she hoped for the best, and put on a smile. "Oh, just a bit of girl talk, nothing that should concern you, Edge. It's a bit strange being pulled into the past, you know."
Emma hadn't turned toward The Edge, but was instead staring at Katie in horror, sure that Edge had heard everything. But fortunately for all parties involved, he hadn't heard enough to get an idea of what they were talking about, and shortly the incident was mostly forgotten.
Other than that, the ride was pleasant, and uneventful. Emma and Katie kept themselves entertained by berating The Edge with a variety of fan questions, and before long, the car was pulling up in front of an upscale hotel in Sheffield.
The Edge turned to the girls. "I'm afraid I'll have to leave you here. Bono and the others will be wondering where I've been all day, and we've got quite a lot to do. You've got your tickets?"
"Yes." Emma nodded as she spoke.
"Good. Everything else you should need is in here." Edge said, handing her a manila envelope, before fishing something else out of his shirt pocket. "And here's your room key. Room 219. I'm afraid I won't be able to see you again until after the show, but I trust the two of you can take care of yourselves. You've got spending money in there, so have fun, go shopping, enjoy 1992, just don't get hurt or arrested, and I'll see you tomorrow night."
"Thank you so much, you have no idea what all of this means to us." Katie said smiling, as she opened the car door and climbed out.
The Edge smiled back. "Don't mention it. Have a good time, ladies."
"We will." Emma said, a huge grin on her face and waved goodbye.
As the dark car pulled away, Katie and Emma paused a moment on the sidewalk and looked around in awe. This was really 1992, and they were really going to a ZooTV show the following evening.
But suddenly Emma cried out in near terror. "Katie! He didn't tell us where we're supposed to meet him!" She ran back to the edge of the sidewalk and ran a few steps in the direction the car had gone, but it was too late, The Edge was gone.
Katie grabbed Emma's arm gently and led her back toward the hotel entrance. "Calm down, Em. He's The Edge, he'll find us." Katie paused, and after getting another good look at Emma's face, which was not calm, she decided she'd better distract her from her anxiety quickly. "What's in the envelope, Em?"
Emma blinked and looked down at it, some of the worry draining from her face. "I don't know. You open it."
Katie took the envelope and pulled the flap open. "Bloody hell! Look at all of this cash!" She held it open and tilted it back toward Emma.
Emma let out a short whistle. "He wasn't kidding when he said he wanted us to have fun. Wait, what's that?" Emma reached into the envelope and pulled out two laminated cards attached to lanyards. Her eyes immediately grew to roughly the size of saucers when she saw what they were. "Katie, these are all access passes!"
Katie's eyes grew to a size matching Emma's, and she let out a small scream. Emma immediately joined in the screaming, and jumped up and down a bit for emphasis. A woman passing by, wearing a severe looking business suit gave the girls a look of annoyance and stepped widely around them. Emma and Katie took this as a cue to settle down a bit.
"Katie, we're really, really, going to meet the band. All of them."
"I'm going to meet Bono. Wow..." Katie's voice trailed off.
Emma smiled at her. She'd already gotten her chance to meet her idol, and even stroked his arm. Now Katie would have her chance. "Come on, Katie, let's go find our room."

Will the girls really meet the band? Will Katie throw herself at Bono? Will they blow all of Edge's money on booze and hookers :)lol:)?

:rockon: This story is so much fun!! I know I sound like a recorder...but damn how cool would that be to time travel

Cannot wait to see what the girls do next:drunk:

:lol: oh what to do, trapped in 1992 with a lot of cash....

I like Katie's character... :shifty: Bono girl... not too girly..... jeans and tshirt as clothing style..... reminds me of somebody.... :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom