Edge help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheWho4Life

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I just read somewhere that Edge was a loner in highschool. What is a loner??? Cause if it's what I'm thinking... then I'm a loner too... oh well, makes me more like Edge! But I hope it's not a bad thing... cause I don't exactly know what it is. Please somebody help so I know! Thanx!
I love Edge so much!

Well, thanx! I almost hang out alone... I only have one friend lol. Maybe the two of us are loners together! But it's not a good thing is it?

I think "loners" usually turn out to be the best kinds of people. Sometimes people are "loners" due to shyness, self-esteem or trust issues, or many other reasons. I find most people who need to be constantly surrounded by others/need so much attention to be very annoying :D

After all, look at the kind of person Edge is..so don't worry about it :) Just be yourself, not what you think others want you to be.

Those people that have to be noticed by everybody are annoying! A girl that used to be a friend of mine is like that I really dislike her now. But, Edge is so sweet and kind!
MrsSpringsteen, you're very sweet. I'll always be my shy self lol. Cause... I can't be anything else cause I'm too shy to be lol.

I'm a loner. :cool:

I also don't care for people who need a thousand people around them..... specially when they don't ever stop talking. :grumpy:

BTW where did you read that?

TheWho4Life said:
I got it from here:
http://www.free-definition.com/David-Howell-Evans.html
I was just lookin him up cause I was bored out of my mind lol.

Thanks! :up: You're a true Edge fan! :hug:

BTW can anyone explain this:
"Evans married his high school girlfriend Aislinn O'Sullivan. The couple had three daughters together. Evand and O'Sullivan separated in 1991 but could not divorce because of Irish law."

How come he couldn?t divorce from his first wife? What kind of law is that? :huh:

Last edited:
I don't know what law it was, but I found it weird that they didnt mention that they eventually divorced cause people can't just seperate and marrie another person lol. I mean I know that they are divorced but people with no common sence might not understand it lol. Did I make any sence just now? SORRY if i didnt!
LOL! Edit much?? lol. You're welcome!

TheBrazilianFly said:

Thanks! :up: You're a true Edge fan! :hug:

BTW can anyone explain this:
"Evans married his high school girlfriend Aislinn O'Sullivan. The couple had three daughters together. Evand and O'Sullivan separated in 1991 but could not divorce because of Irish law."

How come he couldn?t divorce from his first wife? What kind of law is that? :huh:

It was against the law in Ireland to get a divorce, up until 1997, I believe. Catholic Church influenced politics and all.

They would probably have to file for an anulment, and even then it might be tricky. I don't know if the divorce/anulment laws have been changed at all by The Vatican.

I modeled myself after Edge in school. Stuck to my studies, very disciplined, and yes....I was a loner too lol. But I knew that after school, my brain would be tested, so I needed to perform well. Thank you Edge for your inspiration. :heart:

Btw...I named two of my kitties Aislinn and Marleigh :p

I, myself, am just a shy person or what you might call a loner (or was, when I was in school). I don't think there is anything wrong with it, after all, just look at how the Edge turned out. It doesn't make someone anti-social or anything. Most of the so-called loners I know make the best kind of friends, always there for you, etc.

Has any one read "The Unforgettable Fire" book? I know U2 shunned it, but there is a cute story in there about Edge finally having the chance to hang out with anyone he chose, or go to all the parties, only to find out it wasn't what he really wanted anyway. In other words, we are who we are. And usually all the better for it, anyway.

Okay, when I start talking like this, I know it's time for bed!

Like I said, U2 shunned this book and sentenced the author to U2 exhile, so I don't know if it is true or not. Anyway, according to the book, Edge and Aislinn were leaving after an early U2 show where some fan called Edge to come over to a party he was having. Edge supposedly went and was packed into a loud and crowded room. Then the book says something about him, while he was that shy kid in school, wanting to be a part of these things, but now that he was there, he just wanted to go home.

Last edited:
ylimeU2 said:
Like I said, U2 shunned this book and sentenced the author to U2 exhile, so I don't know if it is true or not. Anyway, according to the book, Edge and Aislinn were leaving after an early U2 show where some fan called Edge to come over to a party he was having. Edge supposedly went and was packed into a loud and crowded room. Then the book says something about him, while he was that shy kid in school, wanting to be a part of these things, but now that he was there, he just wanted to go home.

:hyper:

:applaud:

:hug: to Edge

Hehehe I'm a loner too, I've always had only a few close friends rather than a big group of not as close ones. ;) Seems like lots of U2 fans were/are loners too. Sounds good to me.

A "loner" often seems to carry a negative connotation in the media. Well :madspit: to that.

neutral said:
Hehehe I'm a loner too, I've always had only a few close friends rather than a big group of not as close ones. ;) Seems like lots of U2 fans were/are loners too. Sounds good to me.

A "loner" often seems to carry a negative connotation in the media. Well :madspit: to that.
'
YAY FOR US!!!!!!! I thought there would only be a few loner U2 fans, don't know why lol.
And good for Edge! I wouldn't want to be at a party either, just a weird feeling of not belonging I guess.

The Edge is so great...he has such a perfect personality, and with all his achievements and fame he hasn't changed at all, he hasn't become conceited, arrogant or antisocial, and he's never been found stoned & comatose in a hotel room. He has never betrayed his true self with his actions.

:up: x1,000,000 to him. My idol.

:applaud:

Does anybody think Edge or any of them have done drugs at all? I've always wondered. But, they don't seem like they would or have. Especially Edge. I'm guessing they haven't.

Umm..mushrooms. See Bill Flannagan's "U2 At the End of the World". Seriously, you should get this book. It's great.

ylimeU2 said:
Umm..mushrooms. See Bill Flannagan's "U2 At the End of the World". Seriously, you should get this book. It's great.

I totally agree. A lot of the questions that have been asked around here lately are being answered by people who have read this or other U2 books. How else would we know the answers? ;)But this book is highly recommended and it's at your local library! At least that's where I first read it from before I bought a copy.

arw9797 said:

I totally agree. A lot of the questions that have been asked around here lately are being answered by people who have read this or other U2 books. How else would we know the answers? ;)But this book is highly recommended and it's at your local library! At least that's where I first read it from before I bought a copy.
my library has bugger all about U2!! same with the bookshops too! were can i get this book apart from the internet?!?

MooMoo! said:
you know, you and me have a lot in common.:dance: :p
That's so cool!
Today I was really a loner guys. My one friend wasn't at school, and I didn't talk to anyone except a girl at lunch cause I felt bad cause she was eating lunch alone. But other than that I didn't talk to anyone. I easdropped a lot though lol. People can have some weird conversations.

Back
Top Bottom