Echo and Mona's New Script: Oooh, Controversy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Echo

War Child
Okay folks.

I wrote a new script, dutifully assisted by Mona, and I would love to post it, but I'm not going to. The script is just as funny as any other we've written, but it's got some controversial content and I don't want to start a flame war.

It's a semi-allegory which addresses the undercurrent of anti-PLEBA sentiment that has been surfacing more and more these days, even amongst the PLEBAns themselves. I think it's a damn shame what's happening, and the script is a call for a truce.

But it names names, it addresses issues, it will piss some people off. And so I've decided to offer it only by special request. I know that many of you really enjoy the scripts Mona and I write, and I don't want to deny you, but if I posted it for all to see it would ultimately do no one any good. So if you are interested in the script for the (ostensible) artistry and (debatable) humor, post your e-mail address on this thread and I'll send it to you.

And if, upon reading, you have a problem with the script, you can e-mail me privately with your objections, rather than posting them here and rousing the rabble.

smile.gif

------------------
*Echo the Pimpstress* ... Proud Owner of Animatronic Edge!

"Sting, you know I love you but you got a hell of a lot to learn about Rock n' Roll." -Bono

"We're fighting something we barely understand...Esperanto!"

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" - Me

Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure!

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Delicious AND Nutritious!

that's um, highly commendable of you Echo...better to not rouse the rabble, you know. So sure, send it to me as well: gudagirl@hotmail.com!

but if my name's shown in a dark light, I'll kick your butts!
wink.gif
jk!

disco

Why dont you just post it?

If you have something to say about people thats going to piss them off why dont you just say it to their face.

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Why dont you just post it?

If you have something to say about people thats going to piss them off why dont you just say it to their face.

I wanna read it!!!! Just post it, controversy is always fun isn't it?
wink.gif

I'll probably just scandalize it more or something talking about Larry's balls or Larry's meat
biggrin.gif

Oh btw my e-mail is mullen-girl@dublin.com

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

[This message has been edited by Mullen-Girl (edited 12-03-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Mullen-Girl (edited 12-03-2001).]

jesus, echo what's in it? it can't be that bad, you should just post it.

if not, email it to me:

brightangel5348@email.com

------------------
"Revolution starts at home, in your heart, in your refusal to compromise your beliefs and your values." - Bono

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

You hurt yourself, you hurt your lover, then you discover what you thought was freedom is just greed...

I'm honestly afraid of anything that's going to be more 'divisive' around here-frankly, I'm sad over it.
frown.gif

I'll agree-it is a shame. But I guess it's understandable that when people come in here and voice their opinions, other people may wish to voice theirs. Perhaps people are too 'intimidated' to do it-I know I am sometimes. If it's truly an 'open forum', no one should be made to feel this way, should they?

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

Heh heh...

*singsong* I already read it...

And, about the bandoliers catching on the chest hair...

That is no-ow!-laughing matter-ow!
Dammit!

------------------
ScottPhisto
The Man-Slut of PLEBA

Card carrying member of Echo's Boy Cleaning Service.

Devourer of Ewoks

70% water, 30% Chocolatey Goodness!!

"I'm not wearing any underwear! Now gimmie a cookie!!" -Unknown
Is this love? Or is it just rough sex with Michael Douglas?
EAT ME!! I'M A SPEACIALTY BREAD!!

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
I'm honestly afraid of anything that's going to be more 'divisive' around here-frankly, I'm sad over it.
frown.gif

I'll agree-it is a shame. But I guess it's understandable that when people come in here and voice their opinions, other people may wish to voice theirs. Perhaps people are too 'intimidated' to do it-I know I am sometimes. If it's truly an 'open forum', no one should be made to feel this way, should they?

I think some people who have come in here have tried to make this place theirs, and theirs alone. Some of us "older" PLEBA girls feel shut out, and not very welcome posting anything new anymore because of it. And the entire 'condensation" issue, that's part of it as well, though I see that in other forums here as well.

People are certainly allowed to voice their opinions, but this entire thing is getting out of hand.

------------------
You've got a head full of traffic
You're a siren's song

Well I agree we should be able to express our opinions freely I mean this is a forum... I mean i'm pretty old here...*checks posting date* Sept 2000..but I don't think that has anything to do...wait am I just babbling on?? lmao

Am I trying to take over the forum??? I mean, I don't mean to I just love to post and stuff...*confusing herself* Ok...I think i'm being Bonoesque enough...I should stop before I lose something or hurt myself
biggrin.gif

------------------

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*

Send it to me ... I love a good Echo story. jessica_jc1999@yahoo.com

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

?Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades.?
--Bono

I'd like to read it too u2rgr8@hotmail.com

And just a little comment about what's "happening" here. Yes, it is an open forum and you are allowed to say whatever comes to your mind. We are all (I think) also living in countries where you are allowed to say what you want. But, even if you have that freedom, you don't always say it anyway, because it might hurt someone, it might do more harm then good. There are a few people that you can say ANYTHING to and still not ruin the friendship and they are few in IRL and even fewer on the net because even how good you think you know someone on the net, you still don't.
A lot of people don't think about this because it's easier to type and just press send, then actually say it eye to eye. I think almost everyone are more open, freespoken, on the net because it's easier when you don't see the people. But to keep it nice, friendly and open, we have to think twice about what we write, just like we do about what we say in IRL.
Read through what we type, try to read it from another persons eye and see if it can be misinterpreted, maybe change it, do an extra explanation.
Oki, this wasn't a short comment but I'm the kind of person that hates to see people fighting and I've been going through this at another forum and don't want it to happen here too. I'll do whatever I can to keep this a dream and drool palace with out fights, oki?
smile.gif
I may be naive but that's who I am.
Please!

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

I just want to add Miss Zooropa-after reading your post-that's JUST how I feel about what sometimes goes on online-I sincerely hope people would never say and do some of those things in person.

And IMO-you're not 'naive'-that's a wonderful post
smile.gif

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
And just a little comment about what's "happening" here. Yes, it is an open forum and you are allowed to say whatever comes to your mind. We are all (I think) also living in countries where you are allowed to say what you want. But, even if you have that freedom, you don't always say it anyway, because it might hurt someone, it might do more harm then good.
but starting a thread that you have written something that "will piss some people off" and "names names" IMO does as much harm as posting the damn thing

this also is one of the things that helps shutting people out here at PLEBA, which I don't like

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Salome:
but starting a thread that you have written something that "will piss some people off" and "names names" IMO does as much harm as posting the damn thing

this also is one of the things that helps shutting people out here at PLEBA, which I don't like

Very well said, Salome.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by Salome:

I agree! My thoughts were more in general and wasn't defending or agreeing with anyone in person.
smile.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

Ah Echo...yer so contoversal.

That's why I luvs ya!

I, myself, have not expierienced this "battle" between those who've been here longest and those who are rather new. However, I feel that we all can (at the risk of sounding incredibly corny) co-exist happily.
Just follow my dogma: "If you see another thread about Bono's "li'l Fly", and you don't want to read it, don't. Conversly, if you see a "serious" thread, feel free to add to it, but keep the hormones in check."

Waitaminnit...did I just suggest PLEBA keep their hormones in check???

SOMEONE HIT ME!! QUICK!!!

------------------
ScottPhisto
The Man-Slut of PLEBA

Card carrying member of Echo's Boy Cleaning Service.

Devourer of Ewoks

70% water, 30% Chocolatey Goodness!!

"I'm not wearing any underwear! Now gimmie a cookie!!" -Unknown
Is this love? Or is it just rough sex with Michael Douglas?
EAT ME!! I'M A SPEACIALTY BREAD!!

Okay, I have read the story. First of all, it is comical. Not to be confused with some of the people who have been verablly attacking people. The only reason I can see that it would upset people is b/c "sides" are taken. This is true on this board. While I don't agree that anyone has the right to be intentially cruel in their posts or spam the forum with new topics every minute, people should be able to write what they want. Echo just wrote a story about the "battle" btwn the Pleba "purists" and those who believe anything goes, in the non-cruel manner.
Basically, it about lightening up and can't we all just get along, with animatronic edge tossed in the middle as a decoy.
biggrin.gif

Anyway, I really like what Gina Marie has said on this topic so you can refer to her posts if you like.

Well that doesn't sound too controversial....I was expecting something more drastic, but I guess i'm just a dramatic person lmao...but I want to read it!!! send it to me girlie pleeeease
biggrin.gif

mullen-girl@dublin.com

------------------

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*