Echo and Mona's New Script: Oooh, Controversy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:

Not everything is a conspiracy around here, Mona. You put up another thread, we're all happy now, right?
biggrin.gif

It's hard to tell with some people.

------------------
~*Mona*~ Echo's Pimpstress Protege, 97% compatible with Bono
Love me, give me soul.

"I said I believed in standing, and in leaving your life for rock and roll, and in television, and in origins..."

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

Originally posted by WildHonee:

It's hard to tell with some people.

Like who? Or don't you want to name names?

I'm curious too and would like to read the script as well, BTW.

Katherine@U2mail.org

Thank you.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Okay, I promised myself I wouldn't post anything else in this thread, 'cause I knew it would only get me deeper in trouble. But I can't stand it anymore. Here's what i have to say.

First, regarding my choice to mail-order this script:

I knew that whether I posted the script or not, there was gonna be a mess. Some have said I should have just posted it and let well enough alone, but you guys know that if I'd posted it, there'd probably be 120 posts here instead of 60, and theyd all be a lot meaner. Posting it would not have lightened anyone up. I stand by my decision.

Second, regarding "certain people" taking over PLEBA:

You'll notice that these "certain people" who "took over" have been very well-behaved. They don't use unnecessary nasty language, they don't have a bad thing to say about other PLEBAns, and they've tried to keep everyone in good spirirts. Which is more than can be said for certain veterans. I also think these "certain people" always encouraged others to contribute, specifically with comments like "Anyone have other suggestions?" or "Please add to this!" We all came here because we wanted to be part of a community, and I should think we'd all want to keep it that way.

Regarding some people feeling "shut out":

The "Post New Message" button is there for you, too! You'll notice some veterans still post here frequently and get on very well with the newbies. But I think ceratin other veterans would rather act haughty and bitter than do something about their (lack of) representation. I feel very uncomfortable around some of them because they act like they're better than everyone else just 'cause they've got a special moniker and their posts are in the quadruple-digits. I sometimes avoid responding to what they say 'cause I dont want to be written off as a hysterical newbie who can't appreciate where they're coming from. And perhaps I'm not the only one who feels that way...

Regarding the end of the Golden Age of PLEBA:

No one told people to stop posting pics. I think the people that post them, who were disappointed in the lack of response, dont realize that just because people dont respond doesnt mean people dont LOOK at the threads and appreciate them. I love the hot pic threads and have tried to post my share. But I dont always have something to say in response to each and every post of that nature. Icelady, who got chased away, unfortunately, I think failed to understand that just because three people thanked her, it didnt mean that ONLY three people appreciated it. With PLEBAns getting to know each other better and better, we use more of our limited posting time to act like friends and share our creativity. Not to mention the fact that a lot of people are busier than they used to be, and posting pics can be more time-consuming than other types of posts.

And finally - Regarding the fact that I seem to "know" everyone around here very well after a relatively short amount of time:

Just because I talk a lot, Sicy, it doesn't mean I don't listen as well.
wink.gif

------------------
*Echo the Pimpstress* ... Proud Owner of Animatronic Edge!

"Sting, you know I love you but you got a hell of a lot to learn about Rock n' Roll." -Bono

"We're fighting something we barely understand...Esperanto!"

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" - Me

Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure!

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Delicious AND Nutritious!

Can you send it to me as well?

Ultraviolet_baby@hotmail.com

Thanks!
biggrin.gif

------------------
God has got his phone off the hook, babe...Would he even pick up if he could?

There's one more thing I want to say, regarding the uniqueness of PLEBA: There is no other U2 board like it anywhere. Do you think that if Mona and I wrote scripts for alt.fan.u2 that anyone there would care? They want to talk about trading for GA Miami tickets! And have you SEEN the list of rules on the U2.com forums? There are hundreds of U2 message boards, but PLEBA is the only place PLEBAns have a chance to act like PLEBAns.

As I said in the script:

Do not forget that we're all here because we love U2, it's just that some of us have different ways of expressing it than others.

I would just like to say one thing about PLEBA:

I think that a lot of the people here need to utilize the other forums.

Many threads posted in PLEBA should be in the Lemonade Stand or EYKIW.

Also, I often see the same thread posted in PLEBA and EYKIW. If everybody would visit and utilize the other forums, people wouldn't feel the need to post duplicate threads.

------------------
"I don't know you,

Ahh a lurker are ya?
wink.gif

Originally posted by Echo:
Regarding some people feeling "shut out":

The "Post New Message" button is there for you, too! You'll notice some veterans still post here frequently and get on very well with the newbies. But I think ceratin other veterans would rather act haughty and bitter than do something about their (lack of) representation. I feel very uncomfortable around some of them because they act like they're better than everyone else just 'cause they've got a special moniker and their posts are in the quadruple-digits. I sometimes avoid responding to what they say 'cause I dont want to be written off as a hysterical newbie who can't appreciate where they're coming from. And perhaps I'm not the only one who feels that way...

I really hope you're not talking about me because you're way off base if you are. In fact I just posted a topic the other day, and where is it? At the bottom of the page. Which is why I rarely post topics anymore. I do not think I'm better than everyone else. I wouldnt have taken the time to calmly voice my opinion and thoughts above if I thought I was.

Absolutle NOT speaking about you Sicy. You've been very kind, for one who wields as much authority as you do.

Originally posted by Echo:
Absolutle NOT speaking about you Sicy. You've been very kind, for one who wields as much authority as you do.

Who were you speaking of then, out of curiosity?

Or don't you want to name names?

------------------
"I don't know you,

*finishes reading script*

*falls off chair, laughing*

Why the hell didn't you post that?? OMG! *lol*

And if I can laugh at it (and myself in it), I don't see why anybody else couldn't...

------------------
"I don't know you,

Hey Echo/Mona- loved the script girls, nice job! There was some hilarious stuff in there.
As for the other stuff, I dunno. Personally, I read pretty much every forum, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I can see why people may feel more comfortable in here, though. What the fuck. I don't know what I'm saying. Peace I guess.

Originally posted by mocool12:
What the fuck. I don't know what I'm saying. Peace I guess.
lol
smile.gif
Well said
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~ Echo's Pimpstress Protege, 97% compatible with Bono
Love me, give me soul.

"I said I believed in standing, and in leaving your life for rock and roll, and in television, and in origins..."

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

OMG!!! that is INSANE!!! i love you two! (heh heh) that play was so great, but i see why it was by request only.

i was laughing so hard!!

ME: BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!

MY MOM: Julie! are you doing your homework??

ME: *muffle laughter* yes, mom! ....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOM: WHAT is so funny?? that doesn't sound like homework to me!

ME: it's just that this... em, that this State Government chapter and Post-Impressionistic period really get to me. *muffled laughter*

------------------
~FDJ*

(aka: hoo~lee~ah, aka: Fishy's Clumsey Julie, aka: MoonPhisto)

"Don't follow your dreams.... run with them"

Ok I just read it and all I have to say about it is this:

BWAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!

*falls on the ground rolling around in a fit of laughter snorting her nose up her brain* That is some funny shite! I don't find it too controversial I mean, it's just a story lmao and it's hilarious too!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

okay...I want to read it...email me scoobs_shaggy@hotmail.com

------------------
Dana

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

IM me: ghettopoptart83

I really don't know what is going on, I'm new here, but could I still get the script?

ontiveros10@yahoo.com

thanks,
fatima

Originally posted by Mullen-Girl:
I'm going to have to agree with Bona there...i really wasn't aware of this division...

Neither was I. I am now, thanks for the laughs guys! And a starring role, Im so honoured, you guys rock!!
I didn't even realize I was even known around here.
biggrin.gif

Shame you can't share your thoughts with the world though. And to think you partnered me up with Sicy, now THATS funny!
We are gonna get matching cowgirl outfits to wear to the New Years Eve party.

In all seriousness though, I had no idea I was a part of this rift in PLEBA. ACtually, I didnt know there was a rift in PLEBA.

Now Echo, is that the person who wrote it?..Echo it would have been really funny if you'd brought in Salomey all elevated and had the Raunch Patrol salivating over him. Now that would have been damn funny.

----------------
Proudly brought ot you by Bono's Hairy Arse

I think this is appropriate for this thread and also a good way to celebrate my 700th post...

My life message:
peace.jpg

peace.gif

peace.gif

peace.jpg

peace.jpg

This should be us for the new year:
peace.jpg

Peace and love in the new year, here and everywhere!

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

[This message has been edited by hippyactress (edited 12-30-2001).]

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
Echo it would have been really funny if you'd brought in Salomey all elevated and had the Raunch Patrol salivating over him. Now that would have been damn funny.
it would have been interesting

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I thought Slomey WAS the ranch (raunch?) patrol. But then I wasn't reading it properly, I was too busy looking for my name in lights. Alas, not to be.

I will simply have to post another wonderful eye opener like the toes thread. I am desperate for love, and I will seek it wherever I can find it. You WILL all notice me and love me, damn you all!!!!

hihihihihi

mmm, forgot what I wanted to post
oh yeah:
hihihihihi

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

i really would like to read the script, too.

I'm worried i will not get to read it, because who will find this way down here?

but anyway, when you get a chance, could you send it to me?

thanks.

e.pagel@verizon.net

Echo. If it is not too late then I would love to read the script. spinninghead77@hotmail.com

I would also like to apoligize, in case I have done or said anything that the veterans are bothered by. I am just a newbie, and learning along the way. I am looking very forward to getting to know everyone here better. From what I have seen so far PLEBA girls are awesome!!

Please let me know if I have offended anyone. I only aim to please!!

Originally posted by spinninghead77:

I would also like to apoligize, in case I have done or said anything that the veterans are bothered by. I am just a newbie, and learning along the way. I am looking very forward to getting to know everyone here better. From what I have seen so far PLEBA girls are awesome!!

Please let me know if I have offended anyone. I only aim to please!!

For the last time you guys, no single individual has done anything to offend. In fact, the people who are at this moment considered "newbies" weren't even around to SEE this whole debate, much less contribute to it.

Can this PLEASE be the last post on this thread? I kinda wanted to forget about the whole thing. If anyone else wants a copy of the script, send a request to bobtherobot@hotmail.com...please dont post it here and continue bumping the thread.
smile.gif

------------------
*Echo the Pimpstress* ... Proud Owner of Animatronic Edge!

Hell hath no fury like the vast robot army of a woman scorned.

"Now you stop all this naked foolishness and go outside!
It's too nice a day to be stupid indoors!" - Ren Hoek

Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure!

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Delicious AND Nutritious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom