Early 80s U2 pics!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Perhaps he just stepped on a banana peel? ...way too many times.

That happens to me often too. DAMN THOSE BANANA PEELS!!
LOL

But Hey, who ever said being a singer in a rock`N´roll band is easy?
You get hurt in ANY job.

Poor Bono, I'm sure these falls were scary for the others as well. Adam has once said in an interview that after a huge fall with the white flag on the War Tour (if I can recall properly...) it became a rule that: "Do not leave the stage without written permission of all three others!"

How did he break his arm that time? I have the JT concert where his arm's in a sling and didn't know how he did it! I assumed a usual Bono mishap!

chickadee said:
How did he break his arm that time? I have the JT concert where his arm's in a sling and didn't know how he did it! I assumed a usual Bono mishap!

He slipped on a wet stage and dislocated his shoulder.

u2granny said:

Let me think....He fell at Loreley in 83. He slipped in Tempe and cut his chin. He slipped on a wet stage in Washington, DC and dislocated his shoulder. He got excited because he could sing again and fell off the stage in Adelaide in 89. And, he fell during Elevation. I don't doubt there are more.:|

I was there in Adelaide in 89. One moment he's running around yelling "I can sing!!!!", next minute he's not there! (he slipped from the stage to the catwalk about a foot down). He continued singing while sitting on a chair on the catwalk.

It was very funny!

omg, bono wearing that green white and orange shirt ....wow. i've never seen that. it's a TOTAL coincidence that i painted my room orange and green this summer (differenyl sized, randomly placed stripes in 4 different shades)

1DSC00580.jpg

Sad_Girl said:
How many times has he actually fallen off the stage? I know about the awful R&H one which resulted in the sling, and at least once during the Elevation tour... :giggle: I hate to think of him being frightened or even worse, hurt... but after the first fall, you might kind of think he'd avoid the edge of the stage :yikes: :lol:

He didn't fall off the stage, but in February 1985 at the Frank Erwin Center in Austin, Bono got the heel of his boot caught in between some staging/equipment. He sat down where he was and kept on singing. He can get himself into some interesting situations, can't he? :)

I have the picture around here somewhere, but we've moved since I've looked at them last....I need to go find that box!

Is it October yet?

Last edited:
tuwie said:
omg, bono wearing that green white and orange shirt ....wow. i've never seen that. it's a TOTAL coincidence that i painted my room orange and green this summer (differenyl sized, randomly placed stripes in 4 different shades)

1DSC00580.jpg

Cool! Is your hallway curved?

tuwie said:

1DSC00580.jpg

Wow, that's some brilliant architecture! Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom