Duuuuuuude!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PaleBlueDot

War Child
astoria06.jpg

Where's THAT from?!?!! The file says Astoria? Is that London? Is this from that promo tour? I know they played 40 in the promo tour somewhere...but I thought it was NYC...mighta been London too...

I believe it's from London.

I have Irving Plaza and the Paris shows on video. '40' isn't on either of them. :sad:

Edited because I got confused, lol ;)

Last edited:
I love that picture!! :D I almost *rightclicksave*ed it but I'm not on my own computer right now!

The story is that Adam either missed the session where they recorded '40' or he left before they recorded it. Edge plays bass on the record. When they played it live to end their shows, Edge and Adam just switched insturments. :yes:

It's on the Red Rocks concert...it's on quite a few bootleg videos as well. Adam seems like he could play the guitar fairly well. I think he enjoys making the feedback waaaaay too much though. :lol:

Madam Clayton said:
Adam started on guitar long before he met the others. I'd like to see Bono and Larry switch just once..

I used to have a picture of Larry singing with Bono drumming. But where it is now, I do not know. :shifty:

I don't think Larry actually sang. I think he just said a few words. I know the picture was taken at Larry's brithday show in Providence.

Naahhh he looks like he's singing in that photo! If he wasn't singing, why would Bono be drumming??

Are you sure you're not mixing this up with that one time where Larry said he didn't feel like singing but commented that being in front of 55,000 people felt "pretty damn good"? Being 60,000 people, that was obviously an outdoor show so could not have been Elevation.

From www.u2tours.com

Main Set: Elevation, Beautiful Day, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, I Will Follow, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Stuck In a Moment, Happy Birthday, Party Girl (full band), Slow Dancing (full band), Kite, Wild Honey (acoustic), Please (acoustic w/guest), Bad / 40, Where the Streets Have No Name, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Pride

Encore(s): Bullet the Blue Sky, What's Going On, New York, One, When Will I See You Again, Walk On

Comments: Larry turns 40 today, and Bono leads the crowd in singing 'Happy Birthday'. A cake and champagne are brought on stage. Larry thanks the crowd from Bono's mic while Bono briefly sits at Larry's drums. A unique setlist includes 'Slow Dancing', which is played for the first time this tour, and only the 11th time ever. 'Party Girl' and 'Wild Honey' are played for the first time during this leg of the tour. Bruce Brody joins Bono and Edge on 'Please' as he has twice before on this leg.

Cool! I mean, shady that Larry didn't sing, but it sounds like a cool show! I think I'd like a boot of that...

Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom