Dumbest moment involving U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elevatedmole

Rock n' Roll Doggie
LOL it just occured to me to do a thread like this..
Mine? Well, we were writing out the lyrics to Elevation in the Interference chat... and I did this:

<elevatedm> a guitar, strung out like a guitar

Oh myyyyy.
tongue.gif
LOL it's needless to say I am INCREDIBLY embarassed! What about everyone else? I know I can't be alone..

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

I always mumbled my way through "Fallen to the city in broad daylight" from Angel of Harlem, I could *never* figure out what Bono was saying... I probably still have it wrong ;-)

i think i still mumble my way through beautiful day

sky falls...you feel like..it's a beautiful day.

I have no idea if those are the right words or not.
eek.gif

LMAO... probably doing the Discotheque dance in front of my friends when they played it on the radio one day, I think they were seriously scared.... I should have known they'd never understand
biggrin.gif

But I can do the BOOM-CHAS w/ my PLEBA girls all I want...
smile.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
She's ellipitical, also political
All so spiritual, not superficial
Yeah, she's tropical
Yes, she's illogical

Boom-Cha! (
wink.gif
wildhoney)

Hmmm...dumbest U2 moment...okay...so I made all those icons right? and I've been changing them VERY frequently...so the other day people kept asking me who my icon was and I'm like...oh that's Larry, that's Larry, isn't he a hottie? I love him...blah blah blah...

Well, finally I looked at my icon...and who was it? IT WAS ADAM!!!! I was so ashamed that I had called my man Larry :\ So now all those people think Adam is Larry, but the good thing was that they still agreed that he's hot
wink.gif

And there are so many lyrics that I have no idea about....I just make up my own
wink.gif

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Originally posted by hippyactress:
wink.gif

Not unlike Bono.
wink.gif

------------------
It's the puppets that pull the strings.

*You're very kind. Most people laugh when they see my googly eye.*

+fabulous+

Those are leopards.

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~BONO~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

If it weren't for your maturity none of this would have happened

LMAO... "The Unforgettable Fire" is a leopard within itself..
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
She's ellipitical, also political
All so spiritual, not superficial
Yeah, she's tropical
Yes, she's illogical

Well, I am always trying to get the proper Edge motion thing down while playing the solo to Sunday Bloody Sunday on my guitar. I always do it with my door closed, since I end up looking really stupid. The other day my door was cracked open just a bit, and my cat pushed against it, and opened it pretty wide. I didn't know about it though, since I had my stereo and amp cranked, and my back was to the door. Turns out my brother saw almost all of it. Now he makes fun of my 'trying to be The Edge and failing miserably'.
frown.gif

------------------
I liek milk!

*cringe* I have dumb moments too but I don't want to remember them! So your out of luck.
smile.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Originally posted by hippyactress:

wink.gif

I do that all the time! Unfortunately most of the time my made up lyrics don't make any sense. Oh well! ~Jen

i just mumble the whole way through numb. its far too complicated for me.

------------------
i'm already gone, felt that way all along

Originally posted by elaine269:
i just mumble the whole way through numb. its far too complicated for me.

Numb is one of the songs where I will read the lyric, listen to it, recite it, read it again, practice it, sing it, be sure I got it, and then the next day forget it.
rolleyes.gif
I have a terrible memory.

------------------
Laura
~~~
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Originally posted by On The Edge:
Numb is one of the songs where I will read the lyric, listen to it, recite it, read it again, practice it, sing it, be sure I got it, and then the next day forget it.
rolleyes.gif
I have a terrible memory.

And when Bono is doing his falsetto... You should hear me, I make the craziest sounds....
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
"And the Lord said 'Humble thyself, Bono!'" ~ Bono

"It's not like a family. It's like a street gang." ~ Larry

But you know there's something more
Tonight, tonight, tonight

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
And when Bono is doing his falsetto... You should hear me, I make the craziest sounds....
biggrin.gif

Bwahaha! Yes, you don't want to start talking about lemons around me... I have falsetto issues.

------------------
Laura
~~~
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Ah well, during art class at school I listened to the Cleveland concert on my MD player and after half an hour I realized that I sang aloud with the songs all the time. And that awfully wrong. Needless to say it was big fun for my class mates and I was very embarassed.

Ooh, we have a newbie! Welcome, Esnapand! Tell us about yourself!
smile.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
"And the Lord said 'Humble thyself, Bono!'" ~ Bono

"It's not like a family. It's like a street gang." ~ Larry

But you know there's something more
Tonight, tonight, tonight

Originally posted by mocool12:
Dudes I don't get the leopard thing. I miss a lot.

The whole leopards thing is about how someone miseard the lyrics to One.

During the line the real lyrics are:
Have you come here to play Jesus
To the lepers in your head?

They were misheard as:
Have you come here to play Jesus
To the leopards in your hair.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Dudes I don't get the leopard thing. I miss a lot.
Anyway, my embarrassing as hell moment was when my brother saw me wink at the tv when that Mtv2 marathon was on. I'm so lame, I'm always winking at my posters and stuff before I leave the room. It's kind of a superstitious thing. Anyway, he was laughing at me and I was so pissed at him. That little bastard...

Originally posted by President Stupid:
Turns out my brother saw almost all of it. Now he makes fun of my 'trying to be The Edge and failing miserably'.
frown.gif

You are more like Edge than you think. Haven't you ever heard that story about him dancing in front of his window and everyone in the street could see? There you go.

Y'know, you have one of my favorite interference names. Hehehe, President Stupid, I laugh everytime. And this story will make me laugh harder...
biggrin.gif

But, to move like Edge, don't bend your hips. Always slant backwards at your knees.

------------------
It's the puppets that pull the strings.

*You're very kind. Most people laugh when they see my googly eye.*

+fabulous+

In science class my teacher wrote U2(uranium)on the board and I just had to shout out "U2!"
The whole class looked at me and my teacher laughed
my friend now thinks I can relate anything to them.

------------------
Please,
Evil
Acts
Can
End

I'm not sure my most embarrassing U2 moment was exactly a moment...but trust me, it is more embarrassing than anything yet posted here. In fact, I don't think I can share it.

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

Ok, well, I guess that indicates I do really want to share it, but man oh man
biggrin.gif

I was writing an email to a friend of mine who was an equally big U2 fan. We had been discussing Lady with the Spinning Head, I think he had introduced it to me, the dance remix anyway, and I thought it was great. But I was confused by something in the lyrics. Ah, this is horrible. I wrote something in the email like "But what does '6 and 9 again' mean? Is it a bingo reference or something?"

redface.gif
redface.gif
redface.gif
redface.gif

He actually didn't reply to that particular question, if I remember right. Who knows, maybe he didn't know either. Or maybe he was just kind and chose to spare me. What makes it worse was that he was a guy...I'm not sure how much later I found out what it meant and realized how embarrassing or potentially embarrassing this was. How I found out I'm not sure either (don't get any funny ideas)--probably just by osmosis or something. So at the moment it wasn't particularly embarrassing at all, but when I look back, oh man.

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

Originally posted by scatteroflight:

I was writing an email to a friend of mine who was an equally big U2 fan. We had been discussing Lady with the Spinning Head, I think he had introduced it to me, the dance remix anyway, and I thought it was great. But I was confused by something in the lyrics. Ah, this is horrible. I wrote something in the email like "But what does '6 and 9 again' mean? Is it a bingo reference or something?"

redface.gif
redface.gif
redface.gif
redface.gif

if it makes you feel any better, when I was 13 I asked my aunt the same question. We were on a beach trip and she and I went to a store to get some film and we passed a gift shop and I remember seeing those awful red-necky bumper stickers with those numbers and I just did not get it. I remember my Aunt was a bit shocked by the question and she was honest enough to tell me and than we both died laughing about the whole thing...
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
"But what does '6 and 9 again' mean? Is it a bingo reference or something?"

redface.gif
redface.gif
redface.gif
redface.gif

OH DEAR : x
LOL Thanks for sharing!
smile.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Back
Top Bottom