Dublin pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi girls!!

Back from Dublin... what an amazing time!!!

I didnt manage to talk to too many interferencers... way too hectic and had non interference friends from out of town as well... I did manage to spot Flavia in the middle of my hissy fit so I grabbed her, half squealed her name, kissed her, said hello and ran off... I am not a rude bitch Flavia... but you saw that scene... I was number 7 on that gate after camping and when all the mess happened, well... :crack: Oh well, still had a pretty decent spot where I wanted, just one person off the rail but you would fucking think that after being number 7 I would have had a rail... Honestly, I probably could have, the people that I camped with would have taken care of me, but I also had to help out a couple of friends that could not camp overnight due to flight situations, so I was able to at least bring them on the line... bah... who cares... it was a great show... I bawled my eyes out (happy bawling, not hysteria induced bawling :shifty: ) from I Still Havent Found straight through Sometimes at Dublin 1... :huh:

Also ran into Jesse during the great line debacle. He also got a quick hug and run from me... Digsy spotted me while we were in the cattle divider things (mooooooooooooooooooooo) inside the stadium and we sort of shouted things from across the barriers :D

Dub 2 and 3 I had great seats... Just an amazing time

Sunday afternoon I was walking right across the street from Trinity College and who should pass me by but none other than Ruffian... Dublin is a small place... I kept running into people :D

We talked for quite a bit... Really great stuff... some pics coming up

Well, I am just going to post random stuff in link form and U2 pics in their full glory...

http://tinypic.com/6ixhg3.jpg
Should have worn some red pants :D

http://tinypic.com/6ixkrp.jpg
Looking like a million bucks... :| Had just gotten of the plane earlier that day!

http://tinypic.com/6ixmdf.jpg
Also looking like a million bucks after sleeping on the plane 2 nights earlier, sleeping on concrete floor the night before and standing around for hours :D The group of italians around us started drawing black and red hearts on the palms of their hands, so we got them done too... if anyone sees a picture around with everyone raising their hands, let me know please! I would love to have one...

6ixo4p.jpg

Last Dublin 1 pic...

6iz2ut.jpg

I was seated for the other 2, so dont expect greatness... :wink:

Miroslava said:

http://tinypic.com/6ixmdf.jpg
Also looking like a million bucks after sleeping on the plane 2 nights earlier, sleeping on concrete floor the night before and standing around for hours :D The group of italians around us started drawing black and red hearts on the palms of their hands, so we got them done too... if anyone sees a picture around with everyone raising their hands, let me know please! I would love to have one...

:ohmy: I think I saw a pic of you in one irish paper.

I was going through the papers I bought in Ireland today (yes about a week later:| ) and I'm sure I've seen a pic of 2 girls holding their hands up like yourself.
Could be you then !!

BTW, you have great pics!! Were you in the front row??

Last edited:
That be awesome if we were on the papers, but I think it may be some of the italian girls. Still, if you can manage to scan it, I would greatly appreciate it!

And I was second off the rail on Adam's B stage :drool:

Miroslava said:
Hi girls!!

Back from Dublin... what an amazing time!!!

I didnt manage to talk to too many interferencers... way too hectic and had non interference friends from out of town as well... I did manage to spot Flavia in the middle of my hissy fit so I grabbed her, half squealed her name, kissed her, said hello and ran off... I am not a rude bitch Flavia... but you saw that scene... I was number 7 on that gate after camping and when all the mess happened, well... :crack: Oh well, still had a pretty decent spot where I wanted, just one person off the rail but you would fucking think that after being number 7 I would have had a rail... Honestly, I probably could have, the people that I camped with would have taken care of me, but I also had to help out a couple of friends that could not camp overnight due to flight situations, so I was able to at least bring them on the line... bah... who cares... it was a great show... I bawled my eyes out (happy bawling, not hysteria induced bawling :shifty: ) from I Still Havent Found straight through Sometimes at Dublin 1... :huh:

Also ran into Jesse during the great line debacle. He also got a quick hug and run from me... Digsy spotted me while we were in the cattle divider things (mooooooooooooooooooooo) inside the stadium and we sort of shouted things from across the barriers :D

Dub 2 and 3 I had great seats... Just an amazing time

Sunday afternoon I was walking right across the street from Trinity College and who should pass me by but none other than Ruffian... Dublin is a small place... I kept running into people :D

We talked for quite a bit... Really great stuff... some pics coming up

:laugh:

yeah, I know it wasn;t the best time to stop and chat about trivial stuff. The line problem was madness. They should have been prepared for something liek that. You would have thought somebody in charge would check the tickets before going to print, right?

But anyways, It was very cool to meet you even though if it was for a couple of minutes! :D

Miroslava said:

It is acually a pretty serious place... lots of Irish History... political prisioners, executions, etc... so it is a place of historical interest

It is called Kilmainham Gaol

http://www.dublinpeople.com/travel/cityguide/museums/kilmainhamgaol.shtml

So I felt a little guilty for wanting to sing Shake, shake! :lol:

I really need to go to Ireland someday :sigh:.

At first I thought, "Red pants? What the heck is she talking about?" But I immediately got it when I saw the picture - "Ooooo, that's the place where . . . "

kellyahern said:

I really need to go to Ireland someday :sigh:.

go!!!!

It's an amazing place! It still hasn't sunk in that I spent a week there :tsk: Dublin is sooooo cool but I'm glad I got a chance to go to Cork, Malahide, the Cliffs of Moher, and Galway along with a few other places. We even made it to Killiney and Vico road :drool: It's just a magical place. I travel a lot and don't normally get attached to places I go to but I could easily live in Dublin. I want to go back so bad. Next time I'd like to be there a little longer than a week. Since we went to so many other places I didn't feel like we spent enough time in Dublin. We had an apartment so we were in the city every night but spent a lot of our days away. I just loved it there so much. It wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be either. :tsk: And the Guinness is so much better than anything I've ever had before...if anyone has ever seen the U2 interview called "A Grand Madness" Bono is right...Guinness doesn't travel!

arw9797 said:

go!!!!

It's an amazing place! It still hasn't sunk in that I spent a week there :tsk: Dublin is sooooo cool but I'm glad I got a chance to go to Cork, Malahide, the Cliffs of Moher, and Galway along with a few other places. We even made it to Killiney and Vico road :drool: It's just a magical place. I travel a lot and don't normally get attached to places I go to but I could easily live in Dublin. I want to go back so bad. Next time I'd like to be there a little longer than a week. Since we went to so many other places I didn't feel like we spent enough time in Dublin. We had an apartment so we were in the city every night but spent a lot of our days away. I just loved it there so much. It wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be either. :tsk: And the Guinness is so much better than anything I've ever had before...if anyone has ever seen the U2 interview called "A Grand Madness" Bono is right...Guinness doesn't travel!

:yes: I've never felt so sad to leave someplace that I've visted before and that immediately felt like home. I had wanted to go there since I was a little girl and found out that I had Irish roots on both sides of the family and it was so worth it. I definitely will be going back and spending a more substantial amount of time there at some point...I really do want to live there for awhile.

A few pics from night 2....not great but thought I would finally get around to sharing them!

3443494723232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2327%3D6%3A8%3D9%3A5%3DXROQDF%3E2323939%3C84498ot1lsi

3443494723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3236%3E5%3B7%3E8%3B4%3EWSNRCG%3D3232%3A2%3A%3B97927nu0mrj

3443494723232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2327%3D6%3A8%3D9%3A5%3DXROQDF%3E2323939%3C7%3C%3B%3B8ot1lsi

3443494723232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2327%3D6%3A8%3D9%3A5%3DXROQDF%3E2323939%3C86659ot1lsi

Where did you guys stay? Did you like the apartment?

I did a quick search on expedia, and you're right, the prices are not unreasonable. I was tentatively planning on going next summer, if my sister will start saving money for it like I keep asking her too :mad: (sorry for the rant :reject: :lol: ).

And everyone's pictures are great :bow:. Thank you for sharing them :hug:.

Last edited:
Last edited:
kellyahern said:
Where did you guys stay? Did you like the apartment?

I did a quick search on expedia, and you're right, the prices are not unreasonable. I was tentatively planning on going next summer, if my sister will start saving money for it like I keep asking her too :mad: (sorry for the rant :reject: :lol: ).

And everyone's pictures are great :bow:. Thank you for sharing them :hug:.

I loved our apartment! We stayed at Moorings Apartments on Fitzwilliam Quay. None of the taxi driver's knew where it was until we told them to go to Ringsend Road. They're new and really nice!!! And....they have wee roof gardens! :drool:

Back
Top Bottom