Dublin pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vertigo 2

DSCN3194.jpg

DSCN3195.jpg

DSCN3198.jpg

and unfortunately

DSCN3201.jpg

Greety, your pictures look great!
Wow, sounds like you had a great time, regardless of the seated tickets!
Guggi looks extreme! Good way-extreme, I mean :)

What wonderful photos! They take me back to U2s Slane Castle concert of 2001 and their Lansdown gig of 1997, wonderful memories!! I would have loved to attended the Vertigo Dublin gigs too but the timing was all wrong!!! Roll on 31st July and their Copenhagen conert!

Originally posted by greety
Does anyone know if they had a party after the first show? And where that might have been?

On saturday afternoon, my hubbie and i took the city tour bus, we passed by the Clarence and there were quite a few ppl outside, so we got off the bus and walked over.
We waited for about an hour untill finally on of the drivers told us there was nobody inside (he swore it; hand over chest)
The only ppl still there and driven off were crew; I believed him as it was already nearly 4pm, so I guess the were already at the venue:(
Too bad!
Yeah. My friend and I were walking around Dublin at that time too. I'd already been there before so I was taking my friend to The Clarence just so she could see. As we got closer we noticed the crowd. So we hung around for a while on the opposite side of the road, just wondering what was going on. I think we waited for about 20 minutes before we decided to just leave. It had gone 4pm and we suspected the band would have been at the stadium by then to soundcheck etc.

Img00047.jpg

Lucy3011 said:

Yeah. My friend and I were walking around Dublin at that time too. I'd already been there before so I was taking my friend to The Clarence just so she could see. As we got closer we noticed the crowd. So we hung around for a while on the opposite side of the road, just wondering what was going on. I think we waited for about 20 minutes before we decided to just leave. It had gone 4pm and we suspected the band would have been at the stadium by then to soundcheck etc.

Img00047.jpg

wow,Lucy, do you have any other pics from that??

i can see myself:wink:
there's a girl on the street carrying a brown paper bag, well I stand in front of her (off the street) , dark hair and black coat. my hubbie wears the red coat but you can't see much of him.

U2Girl1978 said:
Guggi is married? w/kids? :shocked:

As a matter of fact, guggi has been married twice.
He has a son from his first marriage and 4 sons with this lady. i forgot her name, she's an artist as well (with german roots)

all boys have blond long (very long:ohmy: ) hair, just like their dad.

@ greety
Bono came to the Clarence at about 1am after the 2nd Gig. Edge arrived about an hour later!

S.o. told me, that Bono left the hotel at 12.45 the next morning... - must have been a great party *lol*
Jordan and Eve were also at the party- they had to leave quite early... And I saw Gavin (and Norman) as well.

Niamh_Saoirse said:

:lmao:

OMG! That's me in the front row looking at Bono like eejit! :lol:

flavia, we were standing close to you, did you see our sign with our photo of bono and us?
we didn't know there were other pleba girls so close to us, otherwise we would have waved.....

angelofdublin said:

flavia, we were standing close to you, did you see our sign with our photo of bono and us?
we didn't know there were other pleba girls so close to us, otherwise we would have waved.....

yes, we did! And we were like: look at that! That;s a nice pic they have down there!

But it didn't dawn on me it was you! lol

Bona Vox said:
@ greety
Bono came to the Clarence at about 1am after the 2nd Gig. Edge arrived about an hour later!

S.o. told me, that Bono left the hotel at 12.45 the next morning... - must have been a great party *lol*

thanks BV.
So the driver wasn't exactly telling the truth when he said Bono slept in his own bed when he's in his own town.

Unless of course you take it literally that all beds in the Clarence are his own:wink:

greety said:
i can see myself:wink:
there's a girl on the street carrying a brown paper bag, well I stand in front of her (off the street) , dark hair and black coat. my hubbie wears the red coat but you can't see much of him.

I see you!

I'm afraid that's the only picture I took.

I've finally returned from an amazing week long trip to Dublin/Cardiff...they need to invent a new word for how knackered I am but I had an incredible time.

Hanging out with the ever-so-slighty mad Flavia, Digsy, Bammo, Popmartijn, the GTA-ers, Michelle from Boston and numerous others made the whole trip that much more special. Oh, and the U2 shows were pretty special too! :wink:

I've uploaded a few pictures to my photobucket account which can be viewed by logging in with the username u2fan12000 and password u2guest. The pictures do include the much sought after Digsy & Bammo sign picture :wink:

Flav...forget Toronto for now...focus on Amsterdam first, final show...come on "you know you want to" ;)

UKTan said:
I've finally returned from an amazing week long trip to Dublin/Cardiff...they need to invent a new word for how knackered I am but I had an incredible time.

Hanging out with the ever-so-slighty mad Flavia, Digsy, Bammo, Popmartijn, the GTA-ers, Michelle from Boston and numerous others made the whole trip that much more special. Oh, and the U2 shows were pretty special too! :wink:

I've uploaded a few pictures to my photobucket account which can be viewed by logging in with the username u2fan12000 and password u2guest. The pictures do include the much sought after Digsy & Bammo sign picture :wink:

Flav...forget Toronto for now...focus on Amsterdam first, final show...come on "you know you want to" ;)

Thanks for letting the whole world I'm completely mad! :mad: :wink:

I'm already missing you like mad, guys! Dublin is gonna be so dead without yous!

I'd love to go to Amsterdam. Imagine me there. Jaysus...that's gonna be dangerous! lol

UKTan said:

That first picture of Bono and the little girl is adorable :cute: .

greety said:
Thanks anyway Lucy!!

Can I post a few Dublin pics, evenif they are not concert related??

Guess so :wink:

DSCN3215.jpg

DSCN3214.jpg

I thought they were quite funny, we found them on a bar/resto window.

we saw this! On the way to Croke last Friday we were completely lost and just trying to follow the crowd, who also appeared to be lost. We walked by a place that was blasting U2 and these were on the windows. I noticed right away that Edge's guitar is backwards! :huh:

UKTan said:

nice pics!

was an excellent weekend wasn't it :drool:
i'm gutted its over.... for now
at teh moment i'm making plans to get to at leat one more show - whether that'll be barcelona or one of the american shows remains to be seen, but i'm gonna try....

how was cardiff by the way?
did you see the green shirt guy, damien...? :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom