dream out loud pt 17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
It took all of Rosie's effort not to walk on the band and out of the stadium that night and just leave Bono in it, As much as that is what she would love to do to show him her contempt of the way he had treated her, when she talked to Adam Larry and Edge, she knew they were not happy about it either, and persuaded her not to walk away for their sakes and the fans who had paid money to come and see her as well.

So pulling what little dignity she had left, she forced herself to get ready and then from the sidelines watch as Bono brought on Fay introducing her as a very special lady with a very special voice, Fay came out to the roar of the crowd and immediatly wrapped herself around Bono and they kissed long and hard to the delight of all the press that were there.

Rosie rolled her eyes and folded her arms wishing they would just get on with it, after all it was suppose to be a concert not a snogfest.

She got a little satisfaction as they started singing together, Fay's voice couldn't quite hit the notes as well as she did but then their songs had not been written with her in mind, and it had made Bono falter slightly, but they soldiered on till the second song, which was not ideal either, but it seemed it wasn't about the music but publicity as they slithered up against each other in a provactive manner that of course would make headlines in the papers realised with disdain.

When Fay finally came of the stage and passed Rosie she smiled "Oh thank you for letting me start the show of tonight, that was very sweet of you, I think we give the fans something extra special tonight don't you think?"

"I guess so" Rosie replied with a tight smile, then Fay give a tinkling little laughed putting her hand on Rosie shoulder she leaned to murmer in her ear
"Go out there and cool my baby down for me, I think he got a little overheated having me on stage with him, but that always happens when we are together" she finished meaningfully

"Oh don't worry, I will cool him down" Rosie assured her then said into herself with determination, "If I get the chance I will bloody freeze him out" and with that she walked out on stage and the crowd cheered and applauded in delight.

Snatching the mic from Bono she bearly even looking at him, and walking across to where Adam stood, he winked at her "Knock them dead kiddo" he mouthed to her as they started up the next song, and that was exactly what she done, belted out a performance that couldn't be faulted, outsinging Bono when she could, when she had to stand next to Bono and he attempted to put his arm around her or hug her she delibertly stiffened a little, letting him know she was still mad at him, and not to get to comfortable.

As the show came to an end and they went of backstage to change for the final enchore Rosie was feeling in better spirits
and seen her opportunity to get a little payback on Bono, carrying the bottle of water she had just taken a drink from, she went over to him, whilist he was discussing with Edge how they were going to start up the next song.

"Oh Bono, I was talking with Fay earlier and she was concerned you were a little over heated.. so perhaps this will cool you down" and with that she poured the bottle of water over his head smiling with satisfaction as Bono spluttered and cursed at her as the water ran down and soaked his head and the front of his shirt and the others laughed. in amusment, then grabbing a towel she handed it to him still smiling "Payback is a bitch isn't it" she taunted before walking away

Later after the show had finished Rosie sat in the hotel bar with Larry and Adam and a few others from their tour entourage
Bono had gone of with Fay of course immediatly after the show, and Edge had gone of to spend some quality time with his wife
She wasn't expecting to see Bono again till the following day so was surprised when he strolled into the bar and came over to them,

"Nice to see you have dried out Bono" Larry chuckled unable not to get the little dig in about Rosie soaking him earlier.

"Ha ha" Bono drawled not amused.

"What's wrong Bono, isn't Fay's company good enough tonight, or did I cool you down a little too much?" Rosie now enquired wide eyed

"Don't push it Rosie" Bono warned, "And the fact is she is spending time with her Producer talking about her new album and I thought I would come here and grace you all with my company.. I know you are missing me" his blue eyes rested on Rosie with a small mocking smile as he sat next to her

"Thats's the last thing I am doing" Rosie informed him

"But you got to admit I am a genius" Bono then remarked slouching in his seat with his hands locked behind his head looking smug

"What a genius prat?" Adam retorted in derision eyeing him from across the table

"No" Bono replied "I mean tonight's show was a brilliant publicity success, and it also upped Rosie's performance tonight, nothing like a little competion to bring out the best in people, don't you think Rosie?" he reached over and put his arm around her shoulder "I mean lets face it it the reason you sang so good tonight was because of Fay, it made you feel you had to show me and the rest of the world how much more better you were than her, and in a roundabout way you would not have given such a good performance tonight if I hadn't let Fay come on first.. pretty smart move on my part I think"

Rosie stared at him in disbelief, now he was taking all the credit for her performance, she was tempted to throw her drink around him again.. but then decided it was too good to waste, and instead of getting mad at him she just laughed at the ridiculousness of Bono's claim then shook her head before adressing him

"You know what Bono, you are something else" she told them and with a deliberation removed his arm from around her shoulders as if it was something distasteful and got up and walked away.

hopes Bono forgives her for making him out such a mr nasty when she knows he is a sweet sensitve soul but its been a real challenge, and kindda fun at the same time
:macdevil:

Back
Top Bottom