dream out loud pt 12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
In her excitement of attending the big movie premiere, Rosie almost forgot about her little tiff with Bono the night before
there had been so much going on there had not been time to resolve the matter with him.. after the concert had ended she had gone to her room, and he had gone onto some night club, she had lay a while tossing anf turning wondering if she had over reacted at him kissing her on the stage she deiced she would discuss it with him when she got the chance, but then she didnt dwell on it too long before she was fast asleep, tired from all the running around she had been doing all week.

She never seen Bono till the following afternoon, but then there was still so much going on, they were lucky they had time to look at each other never mind talk.

It was only that evening as they attended the movie premiere, and were about to get out of the Limousine with the camera's flashing around them as he held out his hand to help her out he bent close to her ear " You sure you wanna be seen, with me in public?.. after all it might get people talking and we can't have that can we?"

Rosie narrowed her eyes at him, letting him know she got the dig he was throwing at her, but decided not to remark on it. this was not the time or the place. But out of pure spite, once she got out of the car she waited till Adam got out next and hooked her arm through his.
Bono just shook his head and grinned then turned and walked up the path to the cinema waving to the flashing camera's.

Rosie followed behind now inbetween Larry and Adam hanging onto their arms, and wearing her brightest smile for the camera's and telling herself Bono could go and hang, he wasnt going to spoil her night.

"Haven't you two kissed and made up yet?" Adam demanded once they got inside the building

Rosie shrugged "Not sure I want to right now"she replied.

"Well bloody sort yourselves out before the end of the night, I have no intention of being the go between with you and Bono" Larry warned

"I am not asking you to be" Rosie informed him, "Suppose you are going to take sides with him anyway, suppose you think I went overboard about him kissing me on stage?"

"Oh no, there is one thing the rest of us learned quick where you and Bono are concerned, we never take sides" Larry grinned

"That's right" Adam reitorated "So don't try and pull us into your little squabbles, unless its to do with the music or the band.. otherwise sort it out yourselves"

Rosie sighed, "Sometimes that's easier said than done" she watched Bono who was just in front of her standing chatting to a pretty dark haired supermodel and when when he brought her over to introduce her to the rest of them, he only give Rosie the briefest glance as he came to her and introdiced the supermodels name was Nina before turning his attention back to his new female companion,
If he was trying to irk her she refused to let him see it, and practically ignored him back while she chatted with the Nina.

And so that was how the night seem to go in both of them avoiding each other and engrossed in talking to the other people, after the movie finished they were invited to a party.
At first Rosie was excited about being amongst all the movie stars and famous faces, but after a few hours, she sat with Edge Larry and Adam as well as Nina and a few of her friends slightly tipsy she lost interest in playing spot the celebrity and her eyes rested on Bono across the room.
It seemed Bono was doing more than just spotting the celebrity, he seem to be getting very cosy with Fay Lawson the co star of the film that had been premiered that evening they had attended.

Of course Rosie could understand it, Fay Lawson a top american pop singer, turn actress who oozed sex appeal, Bono was probably flattered he had caught her attention. and was giving her plenty in return.

If nothing else it made Rosie feel justified in being cautious where Bono was concerned, falling in love with him could turn out fatal for her heart she had always known that, she wasn't sure what exactly their relationship had been lately friendship, romance a novelty, lust? It went from one extreme were they would be fighting one minute and rolling around the bed the next and the biggest problem both of them had a strong stubborn streak that would not let them admit they were at fault or to blame, it was crazy.. but even now as she watched him.. she felt the jealousy eating away at her much to her annoyance.. she didn't want him to have this affect on her and before the others could see it was starting to get to her, she made up an excuse of not feeling too good and about the food not agreeing with her, and she left the party early.

A few hours later she sat in her room unable to sleep hugging her knees with one arm whilst her other hand pressed the channels button on the remote control for the tv, she couldn't sleep, but didnt want to think about what the others espicially Bono were getting up to and sat mindlessly switching channels just for something to do, then a knock on the door startled her a little

"Rosie?" It was Bono's voice much to her surprise, that for a moment she just sat there and stared at the door, wondering if she had imagined it, but then there was the knock on her door again "Rosie are you awake?" which confirmed it was him.

Hurriedly composing herself after the sound of his voice made her heart start pounding in her chest she threw down the remote control and got out of the bed and opened the door, she was dressed in an old baggy white teeshirt which just about covered her bum and thighs and no more.

Bono's blue eyes seem to take in the sight of her from top to bottom, resting just a little longer admiringly on her long tanned legs, before he looked met her gaze again.

"What are you doing here?" Rosie demanded

"I came to check if you were ok" he replied "You left the party early without even saying bye"

"I am surprised you cared or noticed" Rosie couldnt resist from retorting.

"Edge said you left early cos you weren't feeling too good" Bono ignored her tone, not rising to the bait much to her irratition.. the last thing she needed was him suddenly being mr nice guy

"I-I am fine now.. there was no need for you to come a check up on me" she told him finding it hard to meet his eyes, she hated how he seem to be able to read into her soul

"You sure?" he asked, his hand reached out to stroke her cheek "You seem a little pale"
His touch had a way of assaulting her senses and sending them haywire, and she was doing her best to remain still and not let him see the affect he had on her.

"Really I am ok, just felt a bit of a stomach upset earlier.. but it seemed to have settled now" she assured him

"I see" Bono replied, then leaned on the open doorway as if he had no intentions of going away "Well now, seeing I have
went to all the bother of coming and checking on you, seems a shame to waste it on just idle chit chat" he mused

"I didn't ask you to come and check up on me" Rosie pointed out sounding a little defensive, "I mean I am sorry it must have been hard for you having to pull yourself away from Fay Lawson, you looked so cosy together.. I hate to think that I spoilt your little-"

"-Rosie shut up" Bono interuppted her sounding a little impatient, and he moved towards her sliding his arm around her waist pulling her closer to him, "I told you, lets not waste time on idle chit chat"

"W-well actually I think we should have a chat.. there are things we need to talk about to clear the air" Rosie persisted refusing to give in to him so easy.

"We can do that later" Bono replied his lips finding her neck, "Right now I am not in the mood for talking" he then murmered as his mouth lightly traced a line up her neck to her cheek and then claimed her lips and as his tongue explored the sweetness of her mouth Rosie suddenly decided she wasn't in the mood for talking either.....

Back
Top Bottom