DotPhoto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I dont know.. maybe cuz I dont post the links.. who knows.

But if there is a narc oh man they will pay!
mad.gif

Ladies,

I'm with Sicy on this one...I haven't had anything happen to my account...

Are you guys actually having pictures deleted as in COMPLETELY gone? Because the other day some of my pictures weren't available...but only for about an hour...I'm sure DotPhoto was just having problems. All the pictures were there when I went back.

I must admit that I'm a little scared cause I have over 600 photos in my albums and I've posted links as some of you have. Maybe you should contact DotPhoto and ask them what is going on? They were very prompt when I sent them a question.... I don't know. But I'm sorry this keeps happening.
frown.gif

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Originally posted by hippyactress:

Are you guys actually having pictures deleted as in COMPLETELY gone? Because the other day some of my pictures weren't available...but only for about an hour...I'm sure DotPhoto was just having problems. All the pictures were there when I went back.

My pics are completely gone. I have experienced the same thing as you hippy, but this time it was different. I remembered having 102 pics in my "Pics of Bono" page, and 50 in my "The Other Boys". When I came back it was 62, and 22!!

spinny, that really sucks and I feel bad about that. I'm keeping a close eye on my albums now...this sucks for everyone...blah

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Originally posted by Sicy:
man, wtf???

So far dotphoto hasnt given me any problems.. but I swear these photo hosting places are so screwed up!!!

I was looking at my dotphoto account and I noticed I was missing about 25 pictures in my Larry album. Thing is, I don't remember deleting them. I went through and cleaned up the album, but 25 pictures???

I numbered all my pictures because dotphoto had a bad habit of not transfering pictures after a upload - so I guess it's one of those monotonous evenings... checking the numbers on the pictures to see which ones were deleted.

Borrowing pictures to post on a forum is one thing: I don't think there's anything wrong with it, if you ask me. It's not like I'm (or I think anyone on this forum) going to take the picture, have it put on photo paper, and claim it as my own, selling copies. Why would I do that?

I just get so confused with all the "if you didn't take the picture you can't have it in an album" - well, gee... the majority of the pictures i have in my freakin' *PRIVATE* album are borrowed from other sources. If I know who the picture taker is, I do my best to give credit to the person. I just don't understand the malice in some people.
frown.gif

Moonie

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
You are not the first person I've heard about who has had personal stuff deleted. I don't know what their problem is. Maybe some of the girls who have their own sites and domains can tell us how to get one ourselves.

Yeah, I noticed a red X in the 80's thread where I had posted my big-hair basketball picture.... I couldn't figure out why until I went to dotphoto and the picture was nowhere to be found. WTF? I mean, c'mon, I know big 80's hair is kinda scary and all, but why would that picture be deleted? I've spent HOURS putting pictures into dotphoto - and it sucks that I've seen over 30 pictures deleted without any explanation.
mad.gif

Moonie
frown.gif

OK, now I'm *REALLY* pissed....

I had 152 pictures in my Larry album, right? I checked earlier today and it said I had 130something... now it's down to 118. The pictures are dwindling away!

What is up with this? Off to find another place for pictures and start the stupid process all over again. This totally sucks.

Moonie

Dotphoto never said anything to me, the pics just weren't there. How about the rest of you? Another weird thing is that the first pic was still there, the second one was gone, and it was real random instead of just say the first 20 or so. I don't get it, but I am pissed, for me and all of us.
mad.gif

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

so seeing that numerous photos in my dotphoto albums were being deleted without any reason or warning, I emailed the support staff at dotphoto...here is the reason the pictures are being deleted, nice of them to warn us!
mad.gif

This is my question to their staff:

I am curious as to why pictures in my private albums are being deleted?...

Dotphoto's answer:
Suggested Answer
---------------------------------------------------------------
At 02/04/2002 01:00 PM we wrote - Hi,
Our system will go through and delete any images that have a very low resolution. This is done in order to prevent ordering prints of the images. Images with very low resolutions will not produce quality prints. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Please feel free to contact me with any further questions.

Ugh, that's crap. Thanks for posting their response MVD... dammit they suck!
Just b/c pics have a low resolution doesn't give them the right to delete our pics w/ out warning. Just b/c they don't want them printed?! Bullshite.

I'm SO up for Elvis creating some server space for us (or whatever it is he said) and yes, I'll give good money for it. I'm sick of all the crap - pictures being deleted for no good reason (like 20 whole albums of mine on Webshits), SOME NARC on Interference seemingly turning us in, now I can't upload any more pictures at all to any of my DotPhoto albums...WTF is going on around here anyway????????
mad.gif
mad.gif

Count me in on getting our own place for pics. How would it work? Does Elvis have a PayPal acct or what?

Back
Top Bottom