DOES YOUR LOVE FOR Bono affect your life too much

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carmelu2fan said:

I feel your pain babe!!!! I go thru the same shit with my idiot friend' s and family too!!!

Me too!! :sad:

And yeah, I think Bono has affected my life, but in a positive way, if not, I'd walked away from this forum the second I entered! :shifty: :lol:

passingcat said:
Its incredible how he's like a gigantic magnetic field that draws us in

he's a believer and portrayer of love and love draws in everyone

when it was all too much in my early 20's a friend said-there are 100 men like him out there-its just they aren't famous-you can find a soul like that-he's probly just down the street-just around the corner and your missing out cause your chasing a dream not reality.....so I got out of it-I faced reality-I got a life in the end-I fell in love with everything he represents but there are 1000 Bono's-never completely the same-he is unique as we all are but they are out there.....

Yes, they are out there. I found one and have been with him for 22 years. He's not an exact twin of Bono, but he is Scottish-Irish and they have so many similarities:drool:. So I guess I do have my very own Bono:love:. And I'm just now finding that out. I haven't always appreciated him as much as I should.

So, my love of Bono does affect my life too much. Like being on here all the time, listening to their music, watching concerts and videos, buying any and all books, trying to find htf items and bootlegs, my whole hard drive devoted to all this stuff, staring at my computer monitor for endless amounts of time and wanting to hug and kiss it:crazy: And I've only been a fan since January 2005:yikes:

I just wish my friends would understand that I love EVERYTHING about Bono/ U2...some think it is because I am attracted to cool older men.... others think because they sing about peace and love, and I am all for both of those things , but my love for those guys is so much deeper I am so glad that I found this site where people understand that!!!:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

:wink: You are soo right me too I'm really happy to have found this site where you can droll all over Bono without being too ashamed!!!!

YES, Bono affect kinda little bit, in fact A LOT, my normal life!!!
At the beginning I was all over U2 and then I've discovered Bono...GOD my life as change since that day! I'm drolling for hours when I see him while listening for hours one of their CD's.
And I really compare every other guy to him, so...I'M ALONE...but that doesn't mather...if Bono is still there...I'M HAPPY!!!
Bono as open my eyes to Africa...now I'm kinda considering myself as one kind of "messanger" of peace, love, respect...well all of the things that U2/Bono is carrying about!!!
So, Bono has change my life for good, maybe I can be call a "obssess bonogirl"...but we're all obssess about something, so if it as to be Bono, why not???
Yeah...I'm totally a BONOGIRL!!!!:wink: :wink:

Heck, I wish I had *more* time I could devote to looking for pictures, reading y'all's comments, etc. I suppose that some people would think that there is something weird about a middle-aged woman going to U2 shows and having ever-changing pictures of Bono as the wallpaper on her computer at work, but it makes me happy!

As my sis Swandiver once said, when you come out of a U2 show, you feel like you're walking 6 inches above the ground and that there are sparks flying out of your fingertips. (The woman does have a way with words.) And he has a lot to do with that! :happy:

Oh so true.....Mspurrl...I have folks at my job looking at me like:huh: cause I have bono qoutes at the end of my eamils and my concert pics on my screen, but who cares!!!:madspit: We love a great band and a great man!!!! I cannot wait to see them again when they come back to the states!!!!:wave: :rockon:

i think he affects me in a good way, i´ve learned a lot from him. and the music, in general, has filled a void, its like medicine for my soul, and no one except for the people on this forum understand that. he´s saved my life, in a very distant way, and i wish that there was an easy way of thanking him. at moments, he consumes my life, and at other times, he´s just a person that i admire and appreciate. regardless, my friends think i´m insane. but it´s alright

Golightlygirl, I have a male version of Ali! Even has the poltical science degree with dimples and dark brown hair and eyes and everything.

Bono has affected every aspect of my life. I am thankful for that. Most people don't or can't experience the overwhelming admiration, the unfathomable excitement, the rush of pure adrenaline, the nature of shock and hypnotising feelings you get when U2 enter on stage. I can't even begin to explain all the feelings I experience when I am at one of their shows. It is pure heaven and a dream come true. I have never felt happier in my entire life! And when things get really low or depressing, all I have to do is pop in a U2 song or watch them on DVD and instantly, my problems go away and I am lifted.
Their music has changed the world. I don't care if other people don't agree. So they're not the Beatles or Elvis. So what.
They changed my world, and that's all that matters to me.

tiggytoos said:
Does my love for :bono: affect my life too much? Yes, in a very positive way. Knowing there is someone in the world like Bono makes me very happy.

I agree with you on that one :). My bf calls me obsessed but I think Bono is a VERY positive influence! As for using him as a pillow can I join you guys? hehe.

Carmelu2fan said:
Oh so true.....Mspurrl...I have folks at my job looking at me like:huh: cause I have bono qoutes at the end of my eamils and my concert pics on my screen, but who cares!!!:madspit: We love a great band and a great man!!!! I cannot wait to see them again when they come back to the states!!!!:wave: :rockon:

I'm hoping for some miracle Chicago tickets! :love:

Bono walked into my heart at the Notre Dame Elevation show October 2001, opened it up, pushed doubt aside, a nd strode right on in. I honestly know something happened to me that night. I came out of there elated.

Bono has made me think. I've been wearing this One white wristband for a few months now -- and I'm almost embarrassed because most people willl think now it was because of Live 8 and it started even long before the commercials for one.org were aired.

I'm a better person because of him. That doesn't hurt the world one little bit.

My husband even says, "There's your boy" when he's on TV. Of course, he's never seen me at a U2 concert.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom