Does anyone still remember SNL?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoFox1 said:
Were'nt we talking about the "lap dance" for months????:drool:
OMG!! every time I see it I still freak out and damn lucky girl!! Who is she??? did she survive to tell her story, thoughts???

snl_146.jpg

O..................M..........................G........................

If Miro's reading this, you're dance was a father/daughter dance compared tot htat :wink:

I was lucky enough to attend the SNL show. I actually attended the dress rehersal which is shot at 8pm. They did Vertigo, Sometimes and ended with I Will Follow. Bono did venture off stage and did a similar syle lap dance with a young girl in the front row seats. I am told these front row seats are the tickets the lottery winners get (which are randomly sold months in advance - you actually do not know who the host or musical group is when you get these tickets).
I was able to get tickets through a contact that knows a big-wheel at NBC..however, not enough pull to get the live version.
It was still the most amazing U2 experience I have had, the whole studio only holds 250 people. I was about 30 feet from the band in the front row of the balcony (which only has 4 rows). When U2 played everyone including the cast members watched. It was a surreal night to say the least...

bono_212 said:
O..................M..........................G........................

If Miro's reading this, you're dance was a father/daughter dance compared tot htat :wink:

Mine wasn't pervy at all :madwife:

It was just hmm... hmmm... it was...

well, it wasn't

:lol:

I've seen that episode so many times, that the skits have lost all of their funny... and they weren't even that great to begin with. I'll be watching, but I'll be muting it and reading a book when our boys aren't on :wink:

I visited the here the night the episode first aired and some fans complaining about Bono's "sexist" behaviour and whether the girl enjoyed herself. I'm sure she had a smile on her face for several days after the taping.

2 other things to watch for in IWF is the fact the crowd looks WAAAAAAY over fire capacity. I also think Conan O'Brien may be seen in the crowd, he used to be an SNL writer, works in the same NYC NBC building and invited the group on his show during a commercial break.

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:
I visited the here the night the episode first aired and some fans complaining about Bono's "sexist" behaviour and whether the girl enjoyed herself. I'm sure she had a smile on her face for several days after the taping.

2 other things to watch for in IWF is the fact the crowd looks WAAAAAAY over fire capacity. I also think Conan O'Brien may be seen in the crowd, he used to be an SNL writer, works in the same NYC NBC building and invited the group on his show during a commercial break.

u2fp

um, the girl he humped was nothing BUT happy. she was smiling and crying she was so happy.
how the fucks that sexist???

Matt, read the post again, U2fanpeter said the girl smiled too... the girls here have complained the night of the ep(november 22 2004 if Im not mistaken..)..not that I was here..

Bono, will you be a sexist when I meet you?? :drool:
it surprises me the girl is still alive tho ^^
also, what happens in the rest of the episode? I only have clips of Vertigo, SYCMIOYO and I will Follow(guess my fave :D )

Galeongirl said:
Bono, will you be a sexist when I meet you?? :drool:
it surprises me the girl is still alive tho ^^
also, what happens in the rest of the episode? I only have clips of Vertigo, SYCMIOYO and I will Follow(guess my fave :D )

If Bono did that to me, I'd spontaneously combust :combust: , and my flaming corpse would burn poor Bono.

The rest of the episode was just SNL's half-arsed attempts at comedic sketches (no U2 involvement whatsoever). SNL used to be funny, but time and the changing of cast members/writers changes things.

I still love that episode though, because I watched it live, and I'll always remember that I fell madly in love with Bono on November 20th, 2004 at 11:58 PM CST (GMT -6) :wink:

I just want to add that the "sexist" and "immature" complaints from the night of the original SNL airing was due to (mainly female) fans thinking Bono was shoving his crotch into an unsuspecting audience members face.

Anyone who watched it more than once or saw the stills knew differently.

u2fp

DreamOutLoud13 said:

If Bono did that to me, I'd spontaneously combust :combust: , and my flaming corpse would burn poor Bono.

Burn HIM?>??>??????
ever heard stories about Bono's bodytemperature???
I read an interview with him, can't remember wich one or so... but Ali sleeps under a big pile of blankets when he's not home, because she gets cold otherwise.... since he is quite a heater^^(heh so hes Hot literally and figurally!)

I'd more faint and slip down to the ground off my chair... wich wouldn't be that bad, considering what a nice view I'd have when slipping down.... :drool:

My hubby is like that also - his metabolism runs so high that sleeping next to him is like sleeping next to a roaring fireplace. So tonight I can just close my eyes and imagine that it's Bono... err, just kidding, honey! I would never do that! Really I wouldn't...

Just for clarification: the replay on January 27 is on E - as in what, the cable channel that shows all those celebrity things?

I am currently uploading something else so I can't upload it in the first four hours now... can somebody else upload it?

So when I'm burning up at night--it's not a hotflash-I'ts cause I'm thinking about B. :drool: Beverly--yes that channel is E (the entertainment channel)

Back
Top Bottom