does anyone know?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mee2

The Fly
can anyone tell me who's the girl on 3D on the original of the species video? i mean the one done by computer
could it be edge's eldest daughter Hollie or even his youngest Sian ?
and what about the girl dancing on it in red and then in blue?
could she be Hollie aswell?

if u dont know it by sure ur opinions will help
thanks a lot , u guys

I think it's Edge's girls and Bono's girls. I've heard that the song is about Edge's daughter (not sure which one), but I also know Bono wrote at least part of the song before ATYCLB was released and told a reporter "this is a song I'm working on for my girls". Judging by the look of the video, it's intended to be somewhat ambiguous and not "about" one specific person.

I thought the girl was pregnant?! Am I seeing things? And because she looked pregnant to me I thought it was the girl who is one of Bono's assistant.. she is pregnant.

I saw her at the NYU thing and then again at one of the MSG shows walking around with Paul McG...

One of these girls?

Picture1.jpg

Last edited:
Lucy Matthew is/was pregnant very recently. Not sure if she's had her baby yet or not. She's Bono's assistant.

I'm confused as to how that relates to the song....

I'm not sure it does, however I just thought the girl in the video was pregnant... and also since its about their kids that relates to pregnancy in some way...

And isn't this a baby in a "belly"...
199_main1.jpg

again, could be my eyes playing tricks but that's my take on it...

I think it relates to the song because the song has a lot to do with teenagers being doubtful and children wanting to grow up too fast, and Bono is saying that they shouldn't try to change themselves because they are "the original of the species." And therefore there's the part with the pregnant woman stroking her belly and the baby inside, who is the first of its kind.

tbird said:
I'm not sure it does, however I just thought the girl in the video was pregnant... and also since its about their kids that relates to pregnancy in some way...

And isn't this a baby in a "belly"...
199_main1.jpg

again, could be my eyes playing tricks but that's my take on it...

I guess I just assumed it was about childhood in general. Yeah, that's definitely a woman and child, at least I've always thought so....but still not seeing the connection to Lucy Matthew....

Last edited:
And just for the record (whatever record that is) -

Lucy Matthew is NOT Bono's assistant in the sense of a Personal Assistant.

Lucy, Jaime Drummond and Bono met while they were all working on the Jubilee 2000 (Drop the Debt) campaign in the late 1990's.

Their friendship and their working relationships have continued through the years.

When DATA was established, Jaime became the executive director of DATA, whose main headquarters is in Washington DC and Lucy became the head of DATA's European office based in London.

So, in a sense all three of them are assistants of each other, but it would be incorrect for anyone to think that Lucy is Bono's assistant (like in a PA).

She has a much more important position and voice within DATA than "just an assistant".

Hope this clarifies things once and for all about the triumverant of DATA.

They are all excellent people. :hug:

Ok, well, she may not be an official personal assistant, but she's with him and the band WAAAY too much to just be a fellow DATA director, IMO.

Jamila said:
no comment - :|

:shrug: Don't you think it's weird that she's at all these U2 shows and basically with Bono for all his other stuff if their only business together is as friends and working for DATA? Also, the Rolling Stone interview referred to her as his "assistant" and included a picture of her with Bono in his apartment. I'm not suggesting anything sexual, if that's what you're assuming, absolutely not...all I'm saying is fine, maybe she doesn't hold the title of "personal assistant", but if her only position is with DATA, then she's doing WAY more work for Bono than he deserves! Whoever she is, whatever she does, he REALLY appreciates her and made that very clear in Pittsburgh.

i really don't think it's weird. the one campaign is a huge part of the show on this tour. he obviously needs someone on hand running that part of his business. and at all of his policy-type events where he speaks, i would assume she basically briefs him on issues beforehand.

If she is not his personal assistant, how can I apply for the job? can you even imagine? I would work for free....even better, I'd pay them...

:dancing:

Bono has a very good PA.

And really, I don't think any further conjecture about this subject is necessary.

I really just hope that Lucy has a very healthy and happy baby.

It will definitely be a child loved by all of us who are DATA supporters and have had the chance to meet her and know of her devotion to the elimination of extreme poverty.

And what is more important than that?

:love:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Lucy Matthew is/was pregnant very recently. Not sure if she's had her baby yet or not. She's Bono's assistant.

I'm confused as to how that relates to the song....

There's some who think she looks like someone in the video.

I see a long-haired person who looks strangely masculine w/a veil or scarf (btw someone on @U2.cam posted a closeup of said person--looks like a CGI mockup of Larry "feminized" to me, but what do I know?).

There is also a quick shot of a pregnant belly (not a line drawing like the mother and child image) that may or may not be "real".

I think somebody put 2+2 together and made 5. :wink:

kimby said:

There's some who think she looks like someone in the video.

I see a long-haired person who looks strangely masculine w/a veil or scarf (btw someone on @U2.cam posted a closeup of said person--looks like a CGI mockup of Larry "feminized" to me, but what do I know?).

There is also a quick shot of a pregnant belly (not a line drawing like the mother and child image) that may or may not be "real".

I think somebody put 2+2 together and made 5. :wink:

oh, ok. Yeah, I saw all those things, but I guess I never assumed it was one person (Lucy). And I've only watched the video on my computer, so it's hard to get fine details. I thought the woman w/ the scarf looked kinda like Helena Christensen, but she doesn't look masculine or like Larry!

oh so it could be the woman with the scarf helena christensen cool, and yes there's a quick sight of a pregnant woman.it looks real anyway. thanks to all of u for ur help

"I think somebody put 2+2 together and made 5."

I really think that people should stop teasing about things we know nothing about.

If some of this conversation got back into the hands of some of the people mentioned in this thread, I can't see how they would be happy with some of this discussion.

Think about it, please, and go on to other topics. :yes:

mee2 said:
oh so it could be the woman with the scarf helena christensen cool, and yes there's a quick sight of a pregnant woman.it looks real anyway. thanks to all of u for ur help

OK, I saw it on a bigger screen w/ better resolution today and you can scratch the 'Helena Christensen' thing. Definitely not, lol :lol: Time for a new eye prescription.... :der:

Back
Top Bottom