Does anyone else listen to U2 in bed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hallelujah Here She Comes

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
Usually I don't listen to music as I'm falling asleep. But the entire Unforgettable Fire album (well, mostly) is good for that. Especially the last songs. I once fell asleep to MLK. How appropriate.
smile.gif

I've done that.
smile.gif

I also really like falling asleep to the following:

Wild Irish Rose
She's a Mystery to Me
Slow Dancing

and for no apparent reason:
Salome

And for a brief period of time in October, I couldn't fall asleep without hearing Zooropa or Pop. Not exactly great lullaby music, but for some reason it worked
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Hallelujah Here She Comes (edited 02-11-2002).]

Originally posted by Lemonboy:
like right before you fall asleep???

and if that?s the case,to you have a favorite song that sends you of to Dreamland,right now mine is "Your blue room"....

I do at home... in the dorms it doesn't go over well with the roomie, and falling asleep with your headphones on = painful ears in the morning.
Love Rescue Me puts me to sleep nicely.

I do all the time, I can't sleep unless U2 is playing. I did make a sleepy time CD of U2 songs, but I got sick of it, so now I'm on to watching them before I fall asleep. Right now, I watch the Zoo TV tape. I can never sleep to Zooropa though cause that beeping noise at the end of "The Wanderer" ALWAYS wakes me up. Actually, the other day, we were in the car, and I fell asleep as I usually do, and my father shut the music off and I instantly woke up and he said, "Oh, I thought you were sleeping." and I told him that my mind wakes me up once Bono stops singing to me while I'm sleeping.

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."
-random girl from my math class.

Oh yeah. Random, this is like my third post ever!
So far. har. I love listening to them last thing at night. Although it's kind of a shock because one song near the end of Achtung Baby [forgive me, I cant remember the name, I've owned the album about 4 days] has a sudden real loud bit that always jogs me awake all of a sudden just as i was drifting off.
I dont care, though. I look forward to hearing Bono at night!
smile.gif

You know, I ALWAYS need to be listening to something to be able to fall asleep. We went on this 3 day overnight retreat in Oct. and I had the HARDEST time falling asleep everynight w/out my walkman.

Usually I listen to Loveline to fall asleep....I don't do CDs a lot at night. When I do, and it's U2, UF, DEFINITELY. *loveth* Or Achtung.

------------------
~*Mona*~ LOVE me, give me SOUL
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

"I still believe that you're the Smut Messiah" The Man Corral

I love to listen to the second half of JT while falling asleep (well, I start it on RTSS).... and then I have my stereo set to wake me up with the beginning of JT! Streets scares the sh*t out of me every morning! But it works!

Originally posted by DML:
Actually, the other day, we were in the car, and I fell asleep as I usually do, and my father shut the music off and I instantly woke up and he said, "Oh, I thought you were sleeping." and I told him that my mind wakes me up once Bono stops singing to me while I'm sleeping.

Lol!
That's cute! Bono's soothing voice does wonders....

------------------
Sleep
Sleep tonight
And may your dreams
Be realized
If the thunder cloud
Passes rain
So let it rain
Rain on him

my 'sleepytime' U2 cd includes most of passengers, miss sarajevo, the ground beneath her feet, slow dancing, IYWTVD and a few more...i love hearing bono sing softly as i drift off into slumber....ZZzzzzzzzz

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
she is the dreamer, she's imagination...

I listen to UF to go to sleep.... so peaceful... especially MLK, it's so perfect
smile.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
"And the Lord said 'Humble thyself, Bono!'" ~ Bono

"It's not like a family. It's like a street gang." ~ Larry

But you know there's something more
Tonight, tonight, tonight

like right before you fall asleep???

and if that?s the case,to you have a favorite song that sends you of to Dreamland,right now mine is "Your blue room"....

------------------
"Master of sexual innuendo"

"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

"Proud member of the U2 gender"

of COURSE i listen to them when im falling asleep. its usually WOWY or RTSS. they are good sleepy songs. so is MLK and Bad.

alison

------------------
It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

I love listening to "October" as I am drifting off to sleep!!!

I always listen to U2 in bed. I also listen to U2 while I do my hair/makeup in the morning. Bono's voice is the first voice I hear in the morning, and the last voice I hear before I drift off.

------------------
***Spinny***
Lemonboy's Maid of Honour

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

Usually I don't listen to music as I'm falling asleep. But the entire Unforgettable Fire album (well, mostly) is good for that. Especially the last songs. I once fell asleep to MLK. How appropriate.
smile.gif

Yeah,Sleeping songs: YBL,WOWY,One,Stay,MLK,Acrobat,Ultra violet

Wake up songs: Streets,Elevation,Discotheque,BD,Pride

------------------
"Master of sexual innuendo"

"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

"Proud member of the U2 gender"

Hmm... like every night. So go to bed without listening to U2 the last thing I do and fall asleep to, is like.... very important, feels strange otherwise. Somehow I feel NYD always rocks me into dreamland.
smile.gif
But I can pretty much fall asleep to any of U2's music, at any volume, they just make me relax. Except for maybe Trippy Elevation mix....
wink.gif

Slane and the Miami rehearsal have been in my stereo lately.

Yes. Very very fun to do.

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

Yes-I like listening to U2's music right before I go to sleep since I work nights it puts me right in the relaxing mode to sleep..esp. right now UFF and JT-always JT! Bono sending me off to sweet Bono dreams...ahh! but they can wake me right on up with "Desire'! Whew-it works! peace 2 u all....

Not listening anything at the moment but there was a time when I needed to hear Achtung, October and JT to get some sleep.
My faves to fall in Morpheus arms:
Mothers of the disappeared
October
Lemon

------------------
I Love controversy

Why am I not a vegetable??

Back
Top Bottom