does ali smoke?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZewTeeVee

The Fly
i just saw a picture of bono and ali at some pre-oscars thing, she's sitting in his lap, its all very sweet and i noticed that she's holding a cigarette. does ali smoke or do you think she's just holding bono's?
if you want to see the picture send me an email (m-akin@texas.net) and i'll send it to you.

It's possible that she does...then again, I know I often hold cigarettes for people.

Then again, I also sneak drags off of them sometimes, even though I am not a smoker.

So...

:shrug:

She was holding a cigarette, but they were clowning around at a party. You know how he likes to tease the camera people. Hell, he likes to tease everyone. I think it was a joke. Very Bono. :lmao: :lmao:

I actually don't think she does
I've read she is a vegetarian that would mean she takes care of her health would you smoke than I don't think so I don't hop e so anyway

bono Q said:
I actually don't think she does
I've read she is a vegetarian that would mean she takes care of her health would you smoke than I don't think so I don't hop e so anyway

Not necessarily, I've known vegetarians who smoke... Larry and Michael Stipe are both supposedly vegetarians and they smoke, so... But, I think she was either just foolin' around with Bono's cig or else is just a party smoker. <g>

i would guess that a mom of four who works hard at keeping her family together and making the world a better place is just having some well-deserved fun w/ her hubby. as you can see, i hardly ever post, but i just love the pix of the hewsons. i'd bet the cigarettes aren't a regular thing, but she was having a goofy let's-pretend-i'm-20-again night.
thanks to all who found (and always find!) these great pix. i'm sure it was listed, but where did they come from.

omg these pics are sooo cute. I love to see them still acting like a young couple in love :cute:

336%3B764723232%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2327%3D74%3A%3D499%3Dxroqdf%3E2323383828395ot1lsi

Well it looks to me like she's holding it as a smoker would, not as someone who would be holding it for someone else. :shrug:
Maybe she just takes a few puffs when drinking.. no biggie.

:hmm:

Maybe she did smoke in former times and just still knows how to hold a ciggy in a proper way. ;)

i wasn't sure if i should make another thread for this- but i read today that bono announced he is smoking again, that it'll help his voice, even though it is a serious health threat to him after the sinus problems he had. he did it cos he said he started sounding like a girl again, but i'm not so sure he can hit the high notes...what do you think? do you think it'll affect his voice and whatnot?

psst! i'm not trying to start anything negative :) joost opinions!

Jam Jar said:
think so? i read it in today's @U2 newsletter :shrug: dunno

I just dont see how smoking can change your voice that quickly. It takes years. I've been smoking for 14 years and my voice hasnt changed at all. I dunno either.

Sicy said:
:eyebrow: That sounds like your average every day rumor to me.

Well, while he didn't say that he started *again* (I mean, c'mon, he really never quit... :shifty: ) he did actually say something to this effect about smoking to add that edge to his voice, I heard him say it last Sunday at the Times Talk.

Last edited:
:eyebrow: I don't get how smoking would IMPROVE his voice. I have to wonder if Bono actually said that. It sounds like something made up to me...who knows?

I got kicked out of school for 2 days for holding a cigarette for somebody else. We were in the bathroom and this person walked in I thought was a student, but it was a young teacher who turned us in. The other girl goes, here hold this so I did. I got in trouble because I had it in my hand. I don't know if she set me up on purpose, I hope not.

If Ali or Bono smoke, I don't care. I don't think they're bad people or anything! Both my parents smoke and they're really nice and healthy too. Smoking is no big crime or anything like it's made out to be in commercials and stuff.

I definitely don't hold it against anybody who does it, although I'm not the biggest fan of smoking. The smell makes me ill, and both of my grandmothers died from smoking-related diseases...so I've always kind of wished that the boys in U2 would stop because I worry about stuff like that...But I still love them anyway, of course!

Back
Top Bottom