Do you think Bono can handle chopsticks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Can Bono use Chopsticks?

• Yes

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • No

Votes: 54 61.4%

• Total voters
Being the international globetrotter he is, I would think chopsticks are a "piece of cake"(sushi) for him. If he eats these sort of foods, ya know???
Why? You have a pic you're holding out on us with, that proves otherwise.
:shifty: :D

sue4u2 said:
Being the international globetrotter he is, I would think chopsticks are a "piece of cake"(sushi) for him. If he eats these sort of foods, ya know???

Lol, well, they did tour Japan during ZooTV, didn't they?

sue4u2 said:

Why? You have a pic you're holding out on us with, that proves otherwise.
:shifty: :D

Naw, not that I know of. :( I just had a funny thought of whether Bono could take on chopsticks or not. His fingers are pretty chunky and I'm not quite sure he could take it, :laugh:

Edge probably could though, as well as Adam, the posh man he is ;)

Last edited:
Hold on, I'll call and ask him.. :sexywink:

Edited to say:
Edge said no! Bono can't handle chopsticks :huh: and this is the way they force him to eat to get fit for upcoming tours. :evil: Ali said, He seldom reaches his mouth with the food so he stays trim.:kiss: Dry cleaning's a bitch, however.. :madspit: Kids's say, well nothing..too busy laughing at daddy with food in his lap. :laugh:
Anything else you want to know?

:laugh:

I can't handle them:huh:I don't know how anyone could eat rice with them! :crazy:

I have faith in our man - I'm sure it was a struggle (as it is for everyone), but I bet it worked on it with gusto!

I bet he can't handle chopsticks.
Because...

1) I'v never seen that kind of pic.

2)I'v never heard .(even in Japan)

3)I don't like use chopsticks.(I'm Japanese)

And his hand is....:silent:

....gee, SN, I dunno....

BUT I'd been *darn :love: happy* to teach him..... < the B-man clutches chopsticks trepidatiously. ...' ok, lift your forearm up like you're doing bicep curls..." I slide my arm/hand around his back, so my hand is now level with his. "....OK, ...this is what ya gotta do...." >

And *I'd make sure* I didn't :drool: into *any* of our food dishes!

If a gal can't turn this subject into a PLEBA session, what good is this board for :D

did I forget to say < I'd be whispering in his ear ? >

I know how he makes fun of his "carpenter hands", but I've never actaully read any comments/interviews about him actually being klutzy .

Natural good eye/hand coordination , AND fine motor skills helps, too.

I have both and it took me, oh, several years of eating *real* Chineese food with Chineese freinds in college - we'd go down to NYC's Chinatown ... not for from our school- really masyer them.

oh, I can pick up single grains of rice :wink: .

Last edited:
futher cultural/decade ref 4 restraunt comment

hi,

book, the art work was so stunning and leafing thru it -so wonderful iy really blew away a fair [portion of my cruddiness---partily to overextension on the net past 3 weeks timewise but also off and on really anxiety-provoking, sometimes really curently disgusting home enviro situation, which will take me months to get out of < maybe that's why I'm just begining to feel cruddier again :ohmy: , when i'm done here- i'm going home /persons, not the place/

snyway.... since i found your pleba bio SN and see who /where u r..., explain my comment

I am @ the end of my 40's. In nyc back in oh late 60's and you had your average chineese take out place---AMericans back then hardly ever got more authentic food. Even the milder Cantoneese.

say actual loew mein noodles were real but the veggiws carrots, re celarey, maybe you'd get water chestnuts, and bamboo shoots--but--bok choy, pickled cabage, for starters let alone schezuan, hunan, ?fukineese, and other provineces as we say in noo yawk....fugeddaboudit!!!

oh yeah, they used to slather soy sauce onto ust about any fried rice dish...n it wasn't special red dishes

got cut off.... for those who don't know they are special 'red' recipies where a lot of soy sauce is used to flavor and visually color the particular dish.

i went to the pleba new intros and saw who & where u wre. I hto i better explain the chronologlical & as said cultural times back then to fill out my cdokmmnet... figured you might think i was being some how insulting, whether dilberatley or not [thru ignorance].

just wanted to get the proper reason out, thanks

to re: the topmy post portion- places outside of nyc's Chinatown and maybe some really upscale gourmet Chineese restaraunt that I and my parents would not have been knowlegdable back then.

I am SOoooo stooopid. I just saw i cut off the top of the edited additiom...

I went else where after original post to buy some stuff and this book [ gift cert b&n for my bd] ...i didn't know what the cover was going to look like so when the sales person pointed in the direction and I came upon it i was ggasp! sooo amazingly wonderful.

and leafing thru it i was so in bliss land artistically that it really did take away the crudinees i mentioned up there for 2 hrs.
soory for the text mishap/mix up

Last edited:
No. While Bono probably has the skills, I don't think he has the patience to learn. The man is just too excitable! :D

Related note... aww, it's Adam...

attachment.php

Actually yeah, 'cos I've seen a pic of Adam using them.

I'm 21, I can use chopsticks quite well, can even pick up clumps of rice. If I can do it, surely Mr. Worldtraveler can. It's like anything else, takes practice.

:lmao: this is funny to me for some reason-either the picture in my imagination of Bono trying to use them, or asking Edge(why he knows Everything!lol!!)I ,too have faith in him, he Could! I sure would be willing to teach him!:bono: :heart: :D

Bono and chopsticks? I really can't see it happening. I can see him giving up and getting Edge to use the chopsticks to feed him, though ...

I think he can use them by now, he like this foreign food and I believe they often order chinese food in the studios.

Anyway, this reminds me of a quote of bono's in a book (could have been "Untill the end of the world") where B says that he learned to eat spagetti over at Adam's.
He had never eaten it :laugh: before and Adams mum said that it was ok for him to eat it with fork and knife. So he was eating away:lol: and then suddenly he heard the mother again saying to Adam's younger brother Sebastian "eat you spagetti properly with your spoon like any big boy does, or do you want me to treat you like a baby and cut it up?"
:huh: Bono said he felt his face reddening up, feeling quite stupid.

So my guess is he knows how to eat spagetti with fork and spoon and his chinese with chop sticks, even if it were just to avoid embarrasing scenes.:wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom