Do you like your name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you like your name?

• Yes

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • I don't know...

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
MissVelvetDress_75 said:
yes i love my name. especially when people pronounce it properly and say it the way it should be in Spanish. Iris Melissa.

Anglo or Spanish , i love my name. i think it is unique.:yes:

That's pretty.

Spanish...I love hearing my name said in Spanish. It sounds nice. I like hearing names in different languages.

Angela

hmmmm the way I feel about my name changes all the time. Old people love it - they always say 'oooh what a pretty name'. But younger people always just presume I'm really posh and horsey :scream: I suppose cos it's a posh and horsey name.

Lucinda

That's me.

kind of conjours up images of braying upper class English toffs living in stately homes with 15 ponies in the stables at the end of their country estate, and stuff like that. Not at all like me :lol: My parents just wanted to give me a Roman name.

But my friends, family and everyone pretty much under the sun call me Lu. which I much prefer, even if I do get jokes about toilets.

What I really hate is when people spell my name Lucinder. grr. Or write my name with really rounded writing and people think it says Wanda. grr also.

:wave:
*sorry for rambling and ranting - it appears I have issues with my name* :lol:

I like my name as it wasn't one of the more popular names. I guess my mom had a Julie Andews thing going when I was born or something.

One way I know I like it is in third grade my teacher said we could be called anything we wanted and to be different I was called Kay for a year (my middle name and an older cousins name). By the end of the year I really wanted my name back. LOL

Julie

Moonlit_Angel said:

I'm glad my mom's maiden last name was not my last name, it's long and people would have such a hard time pronouncing or spelling it.

:yes: My mom's maiden name was a long Polish name that ended in "ski" :wink: Then she married my dad and got a short Polish name. Then she remarried and my stepdad has a big long Polish name that ends in "ski" :lol: I thought that was funny. :lol:

Just had to share that. :|

I voted "no". I guess my name would work better IF WE ACTUALLY LIVED IN THE NETHERLANDS!!!! Thanks a LOT, mom!! :mad: Apart from the extreme Dutchness and frequent mispronounciations, I hate my name b/c it's so short and has boring letters. One tall pointy one and three little boring ones. L-i-e-s. Stupid. I was also going to be Camille or Claire, both I like better than my name, hell, even the BOY name my mom chose I like better (Lucas Skyler).

I'm Leah Anne Kathryn

Leah is cool, it's biblical but you'd be surpised at how many people can not pronounce it correctly. "Lee" is spelled Leigh, not "leah" which is pronounced "Lee-uh" In one college course I had my professor call me "Leia" which is pronounced "Lay-uh" just for fun. A lot of people pronounce it that way so it doesn't really bother me. My mother hates it b/c she thinks it sound snooty. I kinda like snooty, I told her I was going to be narcissisic and name my first born daughter "leia" ha ha ha. Men do it all the time. Anyway, I have since changed my mind and how I am going to name my future daughter after my little sister, "Kri" pronounced kree.

I get the stupid Star Wars crap all the time. It's so strange how in episode IV they pronounce "Leia" Lee-uh and in the last two it is pronoucned Lay-uh. I'm rambling now....
Anyway,
Hooray for Anne with an "e"!!

I don't like my name. When I say it, people think it's Sylvia, Shirley, etc. And I don't know why they spell it as Shelia or Shalia. :shrug:

It's Sheila, BTW. How hard is that? :confused:

i'm losing my grip on reality

hippy said:
My name is Kimberly Noelle and I'm an alcoholic... lol jk

no freal, I like my name

I used to want to be called Anne ("with an 'e'") cause I was in love with the Anne of Green Gables books... but other than that I'm happy with my name :)

For some reason reading that your name is yknow, Kimberly Noelle instead of Hippy ( :der: ) totally just gave me a brain freeze.

It was like when I found out Mona wasn't Mona at all!! :sad:

:huh: :help:

OH yeah I forgot to answer the question:

yes :flirt: i like my name, although Carrie is a nickname, I use it all the time. :kiss:

Megan Coleen. I didn't like it when I was younger, but now I love it! I REALLY love that Coleen is spelled with only one L, and I REALLY REALLY love that it's the simplest way to spell Megan. I have no need for random H's or A's or an -nne at the end. I love it because it's a conversation peice- The Ultimate Megan Conversation is, "How do you spell it?" I love that it can be shortened to Meg, which is my post-college persona. I love that for some reason, the nickname everyone makes out of it is Schmeg ["shh", not "sk", btw], whether they know or not that people have been calling me Schmeg for years. I thought I was the coolest in the early 90's because I had the same initials as MC Hammer. :tsk:

Oh, and it's not pronounced MAYgan or MEEgan. That's the one downer!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom