Do u find urself?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EveClayton

War Child
Ok I was kinda bored so I made these up:-

a} Writing the names of each member of U2 in ur notebook/ pad every chance u get?

b} After taking a shower ,writing U2 all over the misty glass on the wall?

c} Thinking about them every 5 mins of the day... wondering what they r doing ,if they r ok ,if they r taking care of themselves?

d} Ur in a class......listening to a lecture, finding it to boring u picture Bono or any other member giving that same lecture to make it more interesting?

e}Smiling crazily as ur on a bus listening to ur fav U2 cd?

f.} Telling others about U2 ie supermarket , music store ,bus or train?

g} Calling the radio stations to request U2 songs????

h} Picturing the day u finally meet the guys?

If u do....then I'm not the only one who does these things ,well most of them anyways.:wink: :wink: :wink:

a. I used to do that in middle school sometimes.

b. No, but I sometimes do on foggy car and building windows.

c. No...that's reserved for my sweetheart.

d. No...but I had U2 collages on my notebook covers in school, so I'd just stare at those and go through U2 songs in my head.

e. I smile if U2 randomly comes on somewhere.

f. I find myself telling others about Ryan Adams more than U2...seems most people I encounter know a bit about U2, so I need to work more on spreading the Ryan love!

g. I gave up on that after getting laughed at because U2 are "old". :rolleyes: Yeah, they are in their 40s...SO?

h. It would be nice to meet them, but it probably won't happen, so I really don't think about it.

I am always doing those things! Except when it comes to the teacher lecturing the class, I always think of Edge coming in and sitting in the desk beside me for no apparent reason at all. lol. But you're not alone my friend!

A - I used to do it form time to time.

B - No.

C - Yes.

D - Absolutely.

E - You betcha. It's awesome when I catch myself smiling because of their music.

F - I don't do that anymore. Before I used to think that I had to explain to the world and give them the real image of U2 but now I'm tired and don't care as much about that.

G - I don't listen to the radio. They rarely play something I like but from time to time when I 'm in a car I listen to the radio and they play U2 out of the blue, that feels good.

H - Every day of my life since I started listening to them.... well maybe not everyday but a lot. I'm afraid the day I finally meet them (if that ever happen) I probably won't be able to say anything.

a} Writing the names of each member of U2 in ur notebook/ pad every chance u get?

Yes.

Not in the shower, no, but I remember doing that back when I would be on the school bus in the wintertime or on a rainy day after the bus windows had fogged up. Does that count? :D.

c} Thinking about them every 5 mins of the day... wondering what they r doing ,if they r ok ,if they r taking care of themselves?

Yes.

d} Ur in a class......listening to a lecture, finding it to boring u picture Bono or any other member giving that same lecture to make it more interesting?

Never pictured them giving the lecture, but I have tried to imagine what it'd be like to work with them on some school project or something (I think that would be a blast).

Yes.

Heh, can't say I've done that yet, no.

Oh, yeah. December 2002, back when my dad worked at a top 40 station, I bugged him practically every day from December 1st up to December 24th requesting "Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home)". :p. Even the other people at the station soon started to say, when my dad would hang up, "She wants to hear that song again?" LOL.

Yes. Definitely have done this many times.

Angela

I used to write Cristy loves Larry in mine in high school :)

I used to back in high school as well

Sometimes.

YES! I do that all the time lmao

I used to listen to all my U2 cds on my way to college everyday on the bus.

Yes I did that in college.

Hmmmmmmmm I think I only did that once.

I already did meet them :D But I dream of meeting them again :)

I did many of those things, but I think I have stopped all of them, but (G). There is a radio station around here that does something called U2 at 2. It's a local show, but it may be something other stations do. Anyway, they say you can request any U2 song and at 2PM, if they picked the song you requested, they will play it, so I always call or email, asking them to play obscure things (usually B-sides) and they never have.

Looking at this, sometimes, I think I have too much time on my hands.

I guess I should have mentioned I do other things, like write lyrics to an entire U2 song, just to see if I can or make my own U2 t-shirt.

I think this thread is developing into a "You know you are a U2 fan if you..." list.

Wow ...didnt expect to get so many responses!!!!!!!! the reason I wrote this was because I find myself doing all those things all the time....ALL The Time lol. When my mom walks into the bathroom and she sees the U2 messages I leave on the mirror she cracks up and yea i agree......it's frustrating to tell ppl about U2 and they diss them so I have kinda given up on that one.It's good to know that there r other ppl out there who r up to the same thing as I am *hugs*,as someone said " It's good to be a U2 fan".*smiles*:wink:

EveClayton said:
" It's good to be a U2 fan".*smiles*:wink:

I agree. At the very least, being a fan kill boredom. At best, I think it is safe to say, all of us here find something about them that makes us happy.

EveClayton said:
it's frustrating to tell ppl about U2 and they diss them so I have kinda given up on that one.

Mmhm.

Originally posted by EveClayton
It's good to know that there r other ppl out there who r up to the same thing as I am *hugs*,as someone said " It's good to be a U2 fan".*smiles*:wink:

Definitely. Again, that's one reason why this place is so cool-you can admit all this obsessive stuff and nobody'll look at you like you're some kind of freak. :D. They all understand so well. :hug:s to everyone here.

Angela

I sometimes imagine scenarios where I might meet the guys, or just Bono.

I've also requested lots of U2 songs online at this really great Internet radio station that has lots of '80s New Wave/Alternative songs. They have loads of b-sides in addition to the hits songs and popular album tracks. Here's the addy in case anyone wants to check it out: www.flashbackalternatives.com.

I am so bad my friends are starting to do these things around me. You really know they are your friend when you go out and at a bead booth they spell out "(insert your name) :heart: Bono".

Name an obsessive act and I've done it. Yet I have not met them*finds herself adding this statement to every post*.

I THINK OF THEM TOO AND DO THEM TOO! AND IM NOT ASHAMED! :drool:

I also fantasize about me and bono and sometimes bono, i don't think i need to finish my sentence gals :drool: :drool: :heart: :rolleyes:

Kate1 said:
I THINK OF THEM TOO AND DO THEM TOO! AND IM NOT ASHAMED! :drool:

I also fantasize about me and bono and sometimes bono, i don't think i need to finish my sentence gals :drool: :drool: :heart: :rolleyes:

i ment sometimes larry. silly me again!

Ohhhh Kate ur not alone in that :wink: :wink: :wink: i fantasize about....me and adam.....I cant believe I'm actually confessing this one....*hides* dear god ....please dont let them read this thread....lol.

Back
Top Bottom