Do U buy things related to U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:wave:

JCoster :hug:

I just remembered I bought a tank top last summer that had Love written on it and a heart and I wrote on it Peace and the peace sign plus YahWeh U2 and CoeXisT! It also has the year 1978 written on it! :wink:

Last edited:
bonocomet said:
Raise your hand if you have bought something in a store because a U2 song came on the stores sound system while you were looking at it.... :shifty:
No but it's like time stops when a U2 song comes on in a store or restaurant-I just kind of stop & listen. My daughter just rolls her eyes. We heard One at Wal-Mart of all places. :wink:

I was shopping today and ran across a shirt that says "I :heart: rockstars and fast cars." Oh no, I thought to myself, it's just like that thread in PLEBA. And then I bought it.

^ That's so awesome!

I bought a shirt that says "You're My Rock 'n' Roll Dream" and it has a pic of a drummer, and two people dancing. :lol: I didn't buy it specifically because of Larry and U2, but I had the thought after I'd owned it for a while. It is so true. He is my rock 'n' roll dream. :lol:

I also have another shirt that says "single" on the front. On the back it has the definition, which is: "having the option of dating the lead singer of the band or the captain of the football team." Something along those lines. :giggle: Again, not totally related to U2, but I bought it because it was snarky and oh so true.

Last edited:
After reading "conversations with Mishka.." i earmarked every page where Bono referred to another book, and check them from the library. Then they move onto a "must buy" list. (But must read first, and that could take a while!! :wink: )

I do have 3 plastic lemons that always get mixed in with my regular batch of fruit I buy. And I too am guilty of singing "leemoon" very much out of tune every time I buy fresh ones. My kids just roll their eyes. :uhoh:

Last edited:
livviebway said:
I was shopping today and ran across a shirt that says "I :heart: rockstars and fast cars." Oh no, I thought to myself, it's just like that thread in PLEBA. And then I bought it.

okay and where did you make your purchase? Sound like a great shirt!

thankyou said:
After reading "conversations with Mishka.." i earmarked every page where Bono referred to another book, and check them from the library. Then they move onto a "musty buy" list. (But must read first )

great idea, then I will have to cross reference it with my other book list from another thread. Geeesh, this fan thing sounds like a full time job! :wink:

JCOSTER said:

great idea, then I will have to cross reference it with my other book list from another thread. Geeesh, this fan thing sounds like a full time job! :wink:

I know! And at the rate I read (and then fall asleep zzzzzzzzz) I hope I make it before I hit the retirement home. :wink:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

I have that shirt! It was like $5.88 or something at Wal-Mart :hyper:

And yes, I bought it because I love a certain four rock stars, who have a song called Fast Cars :shh:

Wal-Mart, eh? Oooh I feel kind of icky now. I got it at a second hand store.

I bought a mug with Bono's face on it and a Bono keychain off of ebay. I also have the Yankee candle that smells so good. I also bought a lot of Irish stuff when I was in Ireland in February. Lets see.. what else... some older records of theirs, a little tiny disco ball to hang in my car, and probably a bunch of other stuff I can't remember now!! :lol:

Nuala said:
I bought a mug with Bono's face on it and a Bono keychain off of ebay. I also have the Yankee candle that smells so good. I also bought a lot of Irish stuff when I was in Ireland in February. Lets see.. what else... some older records of theirs, a little tiny disco ball to hang in my car, and probably a bunch of other stuff I can't remember now!! :lol:

So its still cool.

thankyou said:
After reading "conversations with Mishka.." i earmarked every page where Bono referred to another book, and check them from the library. Then they move onto a "must buy" list. (But must read first, and that could take a while!! :wink: )

I do have 3 plastic lemons that always get mixed in with my regular batch of fruit I buy. And I too am guilty of singing "leemoon" very much out of tune every time I buy fresh ones. My kids just roll their eyes. :uhoh:

Just read Mishka's book too & had earmarked so many pages it was embarrassing :lol: . I checked out Jeffrey Sachs book from the library and actually read the thing. He needs to hang around Bono a little more, it would really help his disposition :giggle: .

I went to Target yesterday & noticed iTunes-esque binders (with silhouettes against colored backgrounds) & had to have a couple.

Bono's Doll said:
No but it's like time stops when a U2 song comes on in a store or restaurant-I just kind of stop & listen. My daughter just rolls her eyes.

ditto how funny is that! Daughters...geez!

I snapped up a bargain pair of jeans for $10AUS, the brand was U2 (apparently nothing to do at all with the band), they are so comfortable and funky and have a cool pattern when you turn the hem up!

I also got U2-esque shirt at Wal-Mart that says "I heart Irish Boys" , which needs no explantion. I also considered ordering a hoodie from Victoria's Secret because it looked very Edun.

Also, I totally bought an issue of People Mag last year because there was a particularly fetching pic of Bono on an Irish crossword puzzle.

As for buying items becuase you were looking at htem while a U2 song was on, that's awesome! I thought no one culd top me with the obsession! Props to you!:wink: :wink:

bonocomet said:
Raise your hand if you have bought something in a store because a U2 song came on the stores sound system while you were looking at it.... :shifty:

hehehe... that's how i walked out of the music store suddenly carrying a guitar under my arm

:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom