Do they get bored like us?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youvedonewhat

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I wonder what the guys get up to when they've got a few days off? We know that the Great B is always busy with his 'other day job', but I wonder what he does when he isn't doing either?

I mean, when they're not touring, I expect they're fiddling with new song ideas but when they are and they've got a few days to fill how do they fill them without everything seemingly boring and mundane?

...and whilst I'm in a thinking mood, I wonder what they'd be if they had to get part time jobs?:evil: :evil: :evil:

youvedonewhat said:

I mean, when they're not touring, I expect they're fiddling with new song ideas but when they are and they've got a few days to fill how do they fill them without everything seemingly boring and mundane?

That's why they've got kids!
:yes:
With a couple of them in your house your life will not get boring or mundane... in fact, compared to the mad life on the road, the everyday life at home with the dishes and laundry and cooking - it must be a nice change. I wouldn't mind changing my everyday life to flying on private jets, performing to thousands of fans and drinking champange for a couple of months though! :p

And as for Adam...well, he doesn't have kids but he's probably busy enough in his garden! :lol:

Edge has a lot of kids, I imagine he has his hands full.

Larry and Adam I imagine must get bored on occasion.

What Ava said! With kids (epecially 4 or 5!) getting bored is not an option! You BEG to actually have the time to be bored, lol.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
What Ava said! With kids (epecially 4 or 5!) getting bored is not an option! You BEG to actually have the time to be bored, lol.

Lol. I haven't got any of my own but I'm working with kids and when I come home from work I only want to sleep - and possibly get bored, too! :lol:

I imagine it like this :p :

Bono - on the phone :lol:
Edge - computer :heart:
Larry - on his bike :drool:, or trying to stay away from cats :wink:
Adam - Yoga or sth!! :D

Ava79 said:

Lol. I haven't got any of my own but I'm working with kids and when I come home from work I only want to sleep - and possibly get bored, too! :lol:

I guess I should've said I don't either, but I used to nanny for 4 and I spent 8 hrs a day with them, more time than their parents. I was never bored. Drop-dead exhausted, yes, but never bored!

i just posted this pic in the miscellaneous photo thread, and just after i read the caption i realized it would be perfect to post in this thread.

it appears that yes, they do get bored :wink:

larry_gratte.jpeg

youvedonewhat said:
I wonder what the guys get up to when they've got a few days off? We know that the Great B is always busy with his 'other day job', but I wonder what he does when he isn't doing either?

B loves to read (The Bible, non-fiction, and fiction). He seems quite well-read, judging from the books mentioned in his interviews. (I wish I were his librarian! :wink:)

He also still plays chess, although in Bono in Conversation, he claims he doesn't play as well as he used to.

And he writes (poetry and prose), and sketches, and paints.

Everyone gets bored at some time or another. Even when I have tons of stuff I need to do, but yet am procrastinating I get bored.

So Bono reads, Larry mucks around with things, Edge reads too or fixes things and what does Adam do, especially now being sober?

i reckon anyone gets bored sometimes...but i doubt they need a part time job with their millions...

bono and the edge have drinking competitions in a shared vineyard they have in france

larry walks the countryside in nothing but hiking boots and a trekking stick

adam goes to raves wearing contacts and a big black beard so no one notices him

thats what they do when there bored... :wink:

I don't think boredom is an issue for any of the guys. Having kids sort of takes care of that, not to mention the other things they have going in their lives. As for Adam, awhile back he took a cooking class so he could work in a soup kitchen, and I read somewhere else where he enjoys yardwork. If you've had to kick a habit as he has (alcohol) one major thing is making sure you don't get bored. He's been sober nine years so he's been doing things right, obviously.

they come to see me,I make a pot of tea and we talk about flower pots and how to get a wine stain out of a carpet:crazy:

Back
Top Bottom